Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Scifi, Magical
The PKMN Circle

Skrywold
An archaic region hidden on a heavily forested peninsula. Within Skrywold, is a plethora of different Pokemon species with types suiting their terrain. Most domesticated Pokemon live diversely inside the monumental kingdom of Gramarye. Rogue and wild Pokemon alike co-exist within the shaded forests and caverns of Skrywold, as well as the sea and those lurking in Woodsy swamp. The humble domain of Dryleaf is known as the heart of Skrywold and serves as the 'starter town' for most beginner trainers. Faeroot neighbors Dryleaf in the northeast and is a village that hosts wildlife rehabilitation. Each territory is governed by their own family, yet all are collectively ruled by the wealthy Gramarye.

Gramarye
The home to Prince Asriel and is the kingdom with supreme authority over all the lands. Gramarye is boastfully the largest and wealthiest domain in Skrywold. The Pokemon League itself is held within the courtyard outside the colossal, ancestral castle of House Elementus. Gramarye has a fair sized market place including a handful of specialty shops of various professions. There are also numerous inns, warehouses, commoner houses, and taverns. At the docks are some of the best cooks in Skrywold and ships to sail to explore the small isles to the east of the peninsula.

Dryleaf
One of the oldest domains in Skyrwold at the edge of the Wily River. Dryleaf harbors plentiful fishermen and freshwater lovers. Dryleaf's affairs are overlooked by the Welldrum's from the tallest tower. The town consists mainly of wooden houses and shacks with a Town Hall, a small inn, and a large barn for storage of resources. At the center of Dryleaf is its mysterious well. Some instances have reported seeing dark shadows in the night around the well. Others claim they've heard bizarre noises and voices coming from the well when passing by.

Faeroot
A mystical, philanthropic village where Pokemon are rehabilitated. When Faeroot was built, a family of mischievous fairy Pokemon lived in the forests around the village. The fairies have since moved on, but reports of their return are made every now and then. The village was made by the Lunavelle's and is watched over by their family. Unfortunately a new threat, has made a home inside the river cave close to Faeroot. Pokemon in rehabilitation have been disappearing without a trace.

Woodsy
A woody swamp where a retired Pokemon champion is said to live. Prior to that, two other occupants lived there. One was a banished mystic from Gramarye, and the other a reserved trainer who kept entirely to herself. Threatening Pokemon conceal themselves beneath the muddy waters of Woodsy. Tales of a sinister swamp creature in particular is well known throughout Skrywold and was said to have delayed the development of the settlements. Most people assume it is a silly myth.

Other notable places in Skyrwold: The sacred temples and entrance to the underground ruins, the crystal cavern, the ice caves, the isles, and the various waterfalls.

skry.png

*I do not own the artwork of the map, I just created the names of the locations and labeled them*

Plot
Meeting under the cover of the forests of Skrywold, is a secret society of trainers known as the PKMN Circle. With their mysterious motive, they set out on their mission to fulfill their desired purpose. Meanwhile, the heir of Gramarye blindly follows his family's tyrannical rule and ends up finding himself on a journey he never expected.

We start the adventure in Dryleaf. Novice trainers will receive their Pokemon partners from the town's Reeve and natural philosopher, lord Hynder Welldrum. My character, Asriel will be discreetly visiting Dryleaf to reunite with an old friend which spurs the investigation of the PKMN Circle.

Badges are earned from the head families and other noble figures in Skrywold. The main three families are houses Welldrum, Lunavelle, and Elementus. There is a fourth house that has long been forgotten. Their extended family or respectable allies will have the other badges to be earned in different locations across the region.

image0.png

Flying Fairy

Temple of Atlantia

At the beginning of Skrywold, a playful legendary with enchanting beauty curiously observed the arrival of the human settlers and protected them from the territorial Pokemon that prowled about. She graced them with her charming aura that gave unexplained joy and healing effects to all around. Her mood lifting abilities promoted region-wide harmony and efficient livelihood.

Atlantia became wildly popular with the people of Skrywold and a temple was built in honor of her divine qualities. Once Skrywold was established, Atlantia began to appear less and less. Ever since, she's said to have been rarely sighted within the forest canyons. Some speculate that she has isolated herself to raise her young, while others believe she has somehow lost her trust in humanity. Sometimes found around Skrywold, are Atlantia's feathers which have impressive healing power.

Preserving Atlantia's temple, are the Acolytes who use their Pokemon to heal and live devoutly by the principles of positive emanation inspired by their legendary idol. They believe that all should practice their beliefs to discover extraordinary focus and enlightenment.

Characteristics

Atlantia adores the ambience of the waterfalls and made her home near the sea cave known as Cave oasis. The backside of the cave is partially open to the view of the final waterfall crashing gloriously into the ocean. After the battle with Brecerus, Atlantia has since left the vicinity of the cave. Atlantia dives into the open water for her food and attracts fish with the charm that makes up her beak.

image0.png

Steel Dark

Temple of Brecerus

Before Skyrwold began, another fierce Pokemon said to rival Atlantia existed. When a human settler trespassed into his territory, the legendary Brecerus decimated Skrywold's first ever village and hindered the development of the rest leaving the region shrouded with toxic steam. The chaotic events forced the legendary Atlantia to intervene and a confrontation proceeded.

After an intense clash between Atlantia and Brecerus that nearly erased them both, Brecerus expended all of his energy and sought the uninhabited isles to recharge. As for Atlantia, she retreated to the forest canyons to recover. Brecerus inspired fear and wonder within the hearts of the settlers. Within the underground ruins, Brecerus was illustrated in its chambers and denoted him to be the god of Wrath.

An ancient art of channeling anger into supreme power was decoded within the walls of the temple of Brecerus. Disciples of this dark art live by its laws and train their Pokemon accordingly to make them the most powerful in the lands.

Characteristics

Brecerus buries himself in the sands of the hottest beaches. He has since moved on from Sandfire beach to the eastern isles after being disturbed. He craves the heat of the sand and to soak up the sun's radiation. Brecerus doesn't mind to swim and the water replenishes his steam.

With the steam seeping from his mane, he uses it to scald and disorientate his enemies for effective stealth attacks. Brecerus uses his metal plated body to brutally smash into foes and his bladed tail and sharp metallic claws as deadly tools.

Rules

• Please PM me your character sheet for evaluation
  • Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are off limits to own
  • Absolutely no God modding unless given permission
  • Be respectful to other members
  • Post daily or every other day at the least
  • Update the group upon absence

37458-9-pokeball-transparent-thumb.png

Choose your Pokemon

Last edited:
Here's my character! You may use my CS as a template for your own :D

Prince Asriel
340791ffccb6327c7343f90a88683a94.jpg

Summary

Residing in the grand castle of Gramarye, Prince Asriel tends to his withered father King Drakus. With the counsel of his sister, Princess Sylvie, Asriel attempts to keep the kingdom in order while their father's rule is drawing to an end. Rumors of a secret circle of Pokemon trainers circulates through Gramarye which spurs the prince's interest and he intends to investigate.

Asriel is an inquisitive youth who enjoys reading about Pokemon and the Skrywold's history in the castle's library. His favorite thing of all growing up was watching the league battles from the castle's balcony overlooking the courtyard. For all his life, Asriel has been excessively spoiled and sheltered. His family name kept him even more so bound to the kingdom. Because of this, he has a longing to go on a Pokemon journey which he never got to experience like the other kids his age.

When his father's mind began to deteriorate, Asriel changed from a joyous imaginative kid to a closed off youth. The king grows manic and even more so apathetic toward his servants and Pokemon. His father always believed Pokemon and commoners were only tools to serve the nobles and often treated them like they were expendable. His influence was mirrored by Asriel's sister who is already far too vain and power hungry. Asriel himself couldn't mesh with his families ways, but he had trouble empathizing with the commoners whom he couldn't relate to.

The whereabouts of his mother is unknown to him. She could be dead or alive for all Asriel knows, and the king refuses to speak of her. It's a revelation that the prince has yearned for all his life. An answer he fears his father will never give.

One of his worst childhood memories is when his father became agitated after a confusing discovery and sent Asriel's best friend away. They were to never see each other again and it devastated Asriel. They use to play around the castle for many years together with the guard Pokemon. To this day, Asriel secretly visits his friend in Dryleaf and tells his father he is off visiting other people within Gramarye.

Given recently to him from his sister, was a newly hatched Ditto which became Asriel's closest companion. Unlike some Ditto, the baby Ditto hasn't mastered the art of transformation completely. For now, it can only briefly transform into Pokemon within it's field of view while its power level remains the same. Asriel is training Ditto to transform fully and effectively. Ditto likes to ride in Asriel's hood.

Quick facts

• Asriel can have an overly sensitive sense of smell, hearing, sight, taste etc.
  • He has a little Astraphobia (fear of lightning and thunder)
  • Asriel is especially freaked out by snakes and Pokemon with a stench.
  • He can't handle sour or spicy foods or too many flavors at once
  • He doesn't like hugs or to be touched for too long, it can be suffocating for him
  • He can't stand loud talkers or squawking or ringing or ticking
  • He wears his hood up when excessively exposed to the sun

2b09e30490a6651503b85ca9e83a9870.jpg

*See last paragraph of Summary*
d2abkmi-84df91f2-ed36-44fd-bac3-bcbc3526ea9a.png

Asriel's Egg

How many pokemon can we own at starting point? @Luelle

1-3 should be fine :) Unless you guys want to start with full teams?

Posting to keep track of things.

Reactions: True North
Is this still open to join?

Yes, we're still open :D For the Cs, 3-4 paragraphs is ideal for the summary and 3 quick facts will suffice. (Please include some fears and weaknesses) Make sure to pm me, for approval :)

*Puts interest in the OOC*

I'll come up with something tomorrow once I finish both days of work.

Princess Sylvie
675ca0a5a5147097fb3549609be46de2.jpg

Summary

Elder sister to Asriel, Princess Sylvie stays with her sickly father and her brother in the ancestral castle of Elementus. Sylvie often takes her royal lifestyle for granted and doesn't much respect those without a title of importance. She takes pride in her beauty and prioritizes the presentation of her self-expression. The princess is very picky when it comes to aesthetics and she will only accept a rare Pokemon. Anything falling short of extraordinary, she finds distasteful. She aims to marry an attractive prince that will finally make her happy.

Gifted to her by her brother was a cutiefly and Sylvie wasn't much impressed. She found the cutiefly to be a pest even though it only wanted to please her and be a good servant for the princess. Determined to impress Slyvie, cutiefly trained everyday with the help of the guard Pokemon and was able to evolve into a beautiful Ribombee. Ribombee went straight away to show off her new form to her master, and Sylvie didn't even bat an eye. Ribombee wasn't shiny or rare, she still wasn't good enough in Sylvie's eyes. Ribombee reluctantly remains simply a servant to fetch anything the princess desires only when called upon. Mainly serving as a messenger.

Sylvie's prized shiny Amaura is her dearest companion and is adored by the princess. Shinies were a luxury only the richest nobles could own. The rarest discovered fossil was given to her as a present for her birthday and she was able to restore the fossil into the exquisite shiny she has today. Sadly, if Amaura was stripped of her shine, Sylvie would just see the regular Amaura as another servant who wouldn't get special treatment or praise. Lucky for shiny Amaura, she is satisfactory to the princess and is able to be seen with her regularly with affection unlike Ribombee.

Quick facts

• She is terrified of water. She can't swim and despises being wet unless for a relaxing bath.
  • Sylvie dislikes shoes, she makes sure her servants keep the castle floors spotless.
  • She is pretty impatient when it comes to anything she needs or wants and is usually dramatic.

shiny_amaura_by_willow_pendragon_dcdkozc-pre.png

Read last paragraph
500.png

This is actually really awesome and I am really glad you made this! I will be PMing you my character today, tonight, or tommorow. Whenever I get around to get lol. :d

Hi Theo! :D I'm glad you like! I'll be responding to the pm from you when I'm able to give you my full undivided attention :)

Hey guys :D So I included the temple information and decided to use custom legendaries for Skrywold!
Each temple has their own set of legendary inspired beliefs :)

image0.png

Flying Fairy

Temple of Atlantia

At the beginning of Skrywold, a playful legendary with enchanting beauty curiously observed the arrival of the human settlers and protected them from the territorial Pokemon that prowled about. She graced them with her charming aura that gave unexplained joy and healing effects to all around. Her mood lifting abilities promoted region-wide harmony and efficient livelihood.

Atlantia became wildly popular with the people of Skrywold and a temple was built in honor of her divine qualities. Once Skrywold was established, Atlantia began to appear less and less. Ever since, she's said to have been rarely sighted within the forest canyons. Some speculate that she has isolated herself to raise her young, while others believe she has somehow lost her trust in humanity. Sometimes found around Skrywold, are Atlantia's feathers which have impressive healing power.

Preserving Atlantia's temple, are the Acolytes who use their Pokemon to heal and live devoutly by the principles of positive emanation inspired by their legendary idol. They believe that all should practice their beliefs to discover extraordinary focus and enlightenment.

Characteristics

Atlantia adores the ambience of the waterfalls and made her home near the sea cave known as Cave oasis. The backside of the cave is partially open to the view of the final waterfall crashing gloriously into the ocean. After the battle with Brecerus, Atlantia has since left the vicinity of the cave. Atlantia dives into the open water for her food and attracts fish with the charm that makes up her beak.

image0.png

Steel Dark

Temple of Brecerus

Before Skyrwold began, another fierce Pokemon said to rival Atlantia existed. When a human settler trespassed into his territory, the legendary Brecerus decimated Skrywold's first ever village and hindered the development of the rest leaving the region shrouded with toxic steam. The chaotic events forced the legendary Atlantia to intervene and a confrontation proceeded.

After an intense clash between Atlantia and Brecerus that nearly erased them both, Brecerus expended all of his energy and sought the uninhabited isles to recharge. As for Atlantia, she retreated to the forest canyons to recover. Brecerus inspired fear and wonder within the hearts of the settlers. Within the underground ruins, Brecerus was illustrated in its chambers and denoted him to be the god of Wrath.

An ancient art of channeling anger into supreme power was decoded within the walls of the temple of Brecerus. Disciples of this dark art live by its laws and train their Pokemon accordingly to make them the most powerful in the lands.

Characteristics

Brecerus buries himself in the sands of the hottest beaches. He has since moved on from Sandfire Beach to the eastern isles after being disturbed. He craves the heat of the sand and to soak up the sun's radiation. Brecerus doesn't mind to swim and the water replenishes his steam.

With the steam seeping from his mane, he uses it to scald and disorientate his enemies for effective stealth attacks. Brecerus uses his metal plated body to brutally smash into foes and his bladed tail and sharp metallic claws as deadly tools.

Head check! :D I and two others have been pming concerning the Rp and our characters. @Equusheart @Crow @Azurian Dream Are you guys still wishing to join?

Also, what do you guys want the Circle's purpose to be for the story? Or do you want me to orchestrate the plans for the secret society?

Hey! Sorry for my silence. I am definitely still interested. Are there any basic info you'd like on the CS?

Hi! Yay! A minimum three paragraph summary of your character's personality and history + 3 or more quick facts about the characters fears and weaknesses will be fine :) Also, a picture or description of your characters appearance with their name. You can include additional info if you'd like! Please be sure to pm the Cs to me for approval.

Alright. Historys are my weak point but I'll try.

You could include the relationship your character has with his/her family, their experience with Pokémon, memorable things from their past - good or bad, any achievements they might have, which town they stay in, and their experience in said town. You could also mention any tragic or life changing events if any. Maybe they met someone from their past who helped them see a new perspective that they cherish. Or they met someone who effected them in some way.

Also, your character could be related to or associated with one of the three main families. Hope this helps :)

Yes, we're still open :)

Reactions: Mystical Fox