OOC for 'Desperate Times'

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MohawkMan

Original poster
Okay, so this is the Out Of Character thread for the Roleplay "Desperate Times". Here's a link to the IC.

It's the year 2676 in the 5th Age of Skyfall and the land has been in relative peace since the fall of the great Necromancer, Nôdd-uun, and the end of the 4th Age. Once the damage wrought by Nôdd-uun's pestilence had been repaired, the alliance which had been forged to fight against him quickly disintegrated, with mutual distrusts between the different races returning and old quarrels rekindling, leading the realms back into almost complete isolation from one another.

Now, more than 2 millennia later, a new evil is surfacing which will prove to be the greatest threat Skyfall has ever faced and her peoples must put aside their grievances and stand united once more, or face annihilation. Each race's commitment must be absolute; every resource must be utilised if they're to stand a chance of survival and no possibility can be overlooked.
Desperate times call for desperate measures...

The Plot So Far
Intro
A demonic invasion has begun and the different races of Skyfall need to pull together to fight it off, or all of them will fall. An old Orc [Rogdush] (
Dedtoo)* knows of a legend about the necromancer Nôdd-uun's apprentice from over 2 millennia ago [Vinthus] (Me). He believes he still resides in the Dead Land and that with his help they could match the invasion's power, so he makes the most of an opportunity when a Human female [Letitia] (EquinoxSol) arrives looking for help: he suggests they attempt to find the Necromancer, and try to persuade him to help in their plight.

Things Kick Off
The pair made their way to The Dead Lands and stumbled upon
a Half-Elven Prince [Chand] (Demon Queen) who was forced to flee his home after the Demons attacked, razing it to the ground. Meanwhile, an Imp [Knariit'ash] (also Me) has been following the Human, intrigued by her actions. Once the Imp crossed the border into the Dead Lands, Vinthus felt its presence and his hatred for Demons which he inherited from his master came into full bore, causing him to set out in the Imp's direction, which resulted in him discovering the unlikely trio. Rogdush asked the necromancer if he would come to their aid and he agreed, on the condition that Rogdush prove himself by killing the Demon who's presence he felt.

Once Rogdush killed the demon, the four of them set out to the Orc city, in order to prepare it for the coming assault. As they left the Dead land, Letitia announced she would be heading to her city to encourage her people to move, and Vinthus suggested showing Rogdush a little of his magic.

I will try to keep updating this with new sections as the plot progresses, to summarise what is happening, but I would encourage everybody to read the posts to get a better feel for the story :)

* Legend: [IC name], (OOC name)

If anybody who would like to join could post in this thread describing the type of character they'd like to be and the role they'd like to play in the story, that'd be great =D [rainbow](We REALLY need some characters on the Demon's side!)[/rainbow]

Some possible character places to be filled include:
Invading forces
- Arch Demon (possibly taken)
- Demon General
-
Demonic warrior of some description
Defending Forces
- Human/ Elven/ Orcish General/ King, etc
- Warrior/ Mage of some description
(Perhaps a character in a neutral postion?)

Feel free to create your own character to fit a position not mentioned here, and even to introduce a race other than those suggested, but please make a post outlining your idea(s) and await a response before jumping into the RP, thank you!
Rules
Here are a few simple rules I'd like everybody to keep to :)

- If you'd like to join this RP (and please feel free to, however far along we are!), please make a post in the OOC thread, describing your proposed character and the kind of role you'd like to play in the story.

- Please keep all OOC statements in the OOC thread, whether they're to do with possible plot directions or simple messages to other RPers.
On a related note; if you have ideas regarding major plot decisions, please post it/them in the OOC so that others can have their say.

- Please include a character sheet in your first IC post, preferably wrapped in [ spoiler ] tags, outlining basics about your character such as race, gender, personality, preferred fighting styles, or anything you feel is important to know.

- No God-Modding

- Just make your posts: as long or short as you feel you need to, to portray what you're trying to; don't worry about your post being too short or too long.
As long as it's long enough that your contribution has been portrayed and it's short enough that it's all relevant
, it'll be fine :)

- With regards to magic, I don't want to restrict people too much, but I'd like it to be a little more complex than just "I'm shooting a fireball out of nowhere" kind of stuff - I'd like it to be more of an art, which takes precision and discipline.
See this post for a vague idea of what I mean, though don't feel as if that is the only way you can use magic - just try to steer away from making it too "easy".

-
HAVE FUN!

This Roleplay came about because I recently did one of Kitteh's character challenges and I actually quite liked the necromancer character I created, so I posted here asking if anybody would be interested in RPing with him and now here we are!
If anybody's interested, you can see the challenge
here :)

Thanks for your time =D!

Re: Plot discussion/ A Possible Roleplay to Help Develop my Character?

I am interested~! x3 Except, the only ideas I have are silly romance novel-ly type ideas, but I'd be very interested in roleplaying with your character!

Well, I'm a fan of necromancers myself, and I wouldn't mind doing something with with yours :3

Awesome! I'm so glad somebody's interested XD

SO! The first thing I'd have to decide before even starting to think about a plot is whether my guy's going to play an anti-hero type role, or whether he's actually going to be the villain... and what kind of characters would you play to stand alongside him/ stand in his path? =D

Well, for the fantasy setting I usually play either a Lizardkin trader/thief or a Orc warrior/priest. And I can see both of the fitting in in some way.

Okay, cool. So which do you think you might use for this?

And I'm thinking my character would fit the anti-hero role quite well, what do you think?

Well, the lizard one will work for pretty much anyone for a bit of payment, so that could work out. :3
And yeah, he seems to fit anti-hero type. Though I kinda wonder what he is gonna try to do/be doing.

That's where I keep getting stuck - trying to figure out how he's going to be brought out of his "I don't care about anything" far enough to actually do something in the story =/ some hero-esque character needs to come along and beseech him to help, or... something D;

Well, there could always be a village or something that sends someone to get help from the local big, evilish dude. Fighting evil with a lesser evil and stuff.

I think he should be contacted by an emissary from a scholarly mage or something, since he's supposed to have been around a couple of thousand years pretty much just moping around so he'd probably have been mostly forgotten about by now, except by those that have either somehow been around that long or that have knowledge of history...

Well, "my" orcs tend to live about a thousand years, so there could be one of them having heard a old tale of an old evil or something, and being desperate, he could try that.
Though, anyone with some records or something could know, of course.

Yeah - my first thought was a mage because they'd be likely to have records of Nôdd-uun's pestilence.

Okay, so the next question is what kind of thing is going on which encourages whoever seeks him out to do so, and what do they want from him?

There's obviously going to be some kind of threat to the realm which is going to force the civilisations of races to put aside their differences and even go to lengths of seeking out this ancient foe of the living...

Well, we could use one of two examples: A demon army (standard evil) or a very large human empire (A different kind of standard evil). Just two suggestions, of course.

I'm fine with either~! x3 Sorry I wasn't on earlier to input anything, but I'm interested still!

If you are still open, I am interested in joining! I could play a crazed shaman/cursed druid or a thief/rogue type character

It could even be a newly emerged Necromancer who's attempting to do what Nôdd-uun failed to... but I think some kind of Demonic invasion would probably be better.

And yes, this is most definitely still open =D it'll probably be open to newcomers until it burns out XD

Okay. So we have the base of a plot; a demonic invasion has begun and the different races of the land need to pull together to fight it off, or all of them will fall. [either an old Orc or a magus of some kind] knows of a legend about Nôdd-uun's apprentice from over 2 millennia ago and believes he still resides in the dead land, sending an envoy [of some description; either player or NPC] to try to persuade him to help.

Before I attempt to start the thread, I have a couple more questions;

- Do we want to give the realm a name and if so, what?
- What should we call the RP?

Also; do people wanna decide on their character, and give a brief outline about them now, before they post a character sheet in the RP? That way we can get an idea of the role they're going to play

I'm obviously going be Vinthus and we've already outlined the role I'm going to play XD

I might make a new thread, for OOC & plot discussion where we can talk about our characters and roles... do you guys think I should?

Oh~ this sounds interesting. Don't have any ideas at the moment but when I do, I'll let you know~ 8D Also, count me in!

If you just edit the first post I don't think you need a new thread, but that's just what I think.

And for a character outline: Old orc priest that wants nothing more than to save his clan. And desperate times calls for desperate measures, even an old tale of a powerful necromancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.