[OOC] Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mao

Original poster
Because I am still brand new and getting used to everything, I thought I'd start a jump-in to test the waters. I wanted to go fairly open-ended to get a good feel for what kind of players are around, and see who would take the bait and jump in.

Setting:
I do not have a whole lot in mind outside of the island I described. While the island itself is supposed to be small, populated by only a single village, I left the rest of the world nondescript on purpose. While writing, I was picturing a world similar to those in the Tales Of franchise, or perhaps FFX, with magic and limited technology. I had not accounted for other races, but I would not mind the introduction of them in the slightest.

Characters: (It is not required to submit a form, but I would appreciate it so that I can track who is in the thread.)

Last edited by a moderator:
do you want me to post my character here?

If you would not mind! I'll get mine up in a moment as well.

Character Name: Lani Hua

Genre: Fantasy

Race: Human

Eye Color: Her retina is a steely blue while her pupils are white.

Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde

Weapons: None

Powers: The ability to see spirits.

Personality: Lani is dutiful and responsible, even to the point of being self-sacrificing.

It is entirely possible to say that she lives in an entirely different world from us-- her reality is something that the average human simply could not even imagine. And so, even despite her understanding of the world being so much deeper, she works her hardest to appease those living in their world. Even if the things she does for them is pointless, or will make no difference, she will dutifully help people if only to make them feel at ease.

She has a hard time meshing with normal people, and tends to be quiet and respectful when encountered, even if a little cold. This is not because of any sort of dislike, but rather-- a great respect. Lani loves, even fears-- the normal human because of her lifestyle, and feels that her gift was given to her as a way to help them. In some ways, it is this awe of humanity that makes her socially awkward around other people.

This is a double edged sword. In order to worship humanity as she does, it means that she personally sees herself as sub-human.

Positive Traits: Dutiful, responsible, polite

Negative Traits: Self-depreciating, distant

Dislikes: Crowds, loud noises

Believes: The world was made so that people could live their lives, however, it should still be respected for its contribution to humanity.

Physical Appearance: Rather thin, Lani regrets the lack of meat on her bones. Still, her active lifestyle keeps her from gaining any weight, and her reluctance to eat certainly doesn't help. Lani has tanned from spending the majority of her time outside, and her hair has become sun-kissed.

Her face is roundish, with a small, rounded nose and bright eyes. Her hair is kept short for convenience of movement, though some of her fringe has been grown out to try to keep some feminine elements to her appearance.

Background Info: Lani grew up on an isolated island, and her unusual eyes made her stand out from the start. When her ability became clear, she was given her own home; a small shack surrounded by palm trees. Treated as a sort of priestess, Lani was tasked with informing the village of how the spirits were feeling, and in response. the villagers would try to gain the spirit's blessing.

With her village so immersed in spirituality, Lani found herself living a life far distanced from other kids her age. This caused huge changes to her development: it was clear that she was not normal, and her actions were purely to support humanity. As time went on, she found herself feeling less and less human, until she considered herself a 'servant of humanity'.

Author Notes: If she is to grow as a person and develop a sense of self, Lani needs to be brought from her village into the world. I was hoping her plot would involve her getting a better view of the relationship between humanity and nature, and expanding her from there.

ndewfw

Name:neko black

Dislikes:Loud noices,Annoying people and spiders
Weapon: Neko tends to use a light brown bow with a light green carved into it making it look like a tree branch

Race:Elf

Looks:
Personality: Neko is generally quite kind to all and stays calm in most situations. He is loyal and when someone is aggressive or threatens his friends he will be quick to act. He loves being outside and animals.

History: Neko grew up far away from the island were elfs were commonly found but after the city was destroyed most people were exiled from it and others executed. Neko snuck out of the city heading to the island hoping it will be safe. The people who destroyed the city are looking for him he is the prince after all but he wanted to leave that life behind.

Name: Neko Dark

Species:Elf

Looks:

Personality: Neko is generally quite kind to all and stays calm in most situations. He is loyal and when someone is aggressive or threatens his friends he will be quick to act. He loves being outside and animals.

History: Neko grew up far away from the island were elfs were commonly found but after the city was destroyed most people were exiled from it and others executed. Neko snuck out of the city heading to the island hoping it will be safe. The people who destroyed the city are looking for him he is the prince after all but he wanted to leave that life behind.

Name: Draven
Race: He looks human enough. However he moves far to gracefully for any human to acomplish. That said, no one knows exactly WHAT he is.
Personality: A bit of a loner. Draven has a deep drive to attain the best skill he can with his sword. He trains constantly driving himself to exhaustion often. Other than that. No one really knows his story. Just that he appeared one day and never left.
stock-photo-young-warrior-holding-a-ninja-sword-isolated-on-black-87196060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think these three would make a most unique trio for a quest.

I know I casually said I was thinking along the lines of Tales of or FFX, but I do not want to use their worlds. With that in mind, Fiends and Limit Breaks are not something I'd really like to see happen, since they are directly linked to FFX. It's cool to go along something similar, and I'm totally okay with monsters that do die and turn into spirits, but I just want to avoid using the FFX world, and would rather come up with stuff on our own, on the fly.

Apologies. I assumed you didnt want any Charachters of those worlds used. Would you rather i edit it to say he was simply fighting another bandit?

Nah, its fine. You don't gotta change anything already written, we'll just change it in the future to make our own kind of monster. (●´∀`●)

Sure...but i already edited it. Monster design...ill work on it.

Aye. ill wait until Neko posts and you do again before replying, I was simply setting a point for him to wake.

Yea, I am trying to find a way to drag him into the interaction. Feel free to post, but if we can, can we work towards getting Neko involved with the rest?

Aaw crap, I never saw the OOC.
Better post my character.

Name: Trever Tucker

Weapon of choice: A hunk of driftwood.

Personality: Trever, being a small child, is innocent at heart, and the local bandits and monsters literally terrify him into retaliating, but past that, he's a sweet, young at heart boy, who really didn't want to be attacked by monsters. He can be a bit mischievous, but he's still generally nice and caring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 5
I'll be away for a bit! Got real life stuff to do.

There should be a posting order so no one gets left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.