- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:
Open to two boy characters and to girl characters :)

Go right ahead :)

General
Name: Angelica Orchid || Angel, Ori, Angeli, Angi
Grade: Senior
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual (Romantically interested in males)
Appearance: Angelica stands at 5'2", so she isn't far too short height wise. She tends to have flowers or some sort of petals scattered in her hair, if not just wearing a simple flower accessory. Her face makes her look as though she were tired, despite just having a usual, soft yet almost blank poker face. She can show emotion, and she doesn't look too bad doing so. Her hair falls down past her shoulders, and just down her back in wavy layers. As far as color goes, it's kind of a mix up of light and dark hazel brown, mainly due to different levels of exposure from the sun light. Never had she dyed her hair, nor does she put on make up. Otherwise, she will often wear a dress, or a shirt with a skirt. In the winter, she often wears black leggings with an animal hoodie.
Apparel & Gear: The girl doesn't seemed to be bothered by the weather, at all. Though, she much prefer being warm whilst not wearing too much. She isn't much of a fan of too many layer, thus she only ended up bringing an almost weightless dress, a loose but warm hoodie (When it's pretty chilly) and generally seems to enjoy dressing up in simple, yet cute outfits. Though, she is almost never seen without some sort of flower accessory in her hair, unless she felt as though it wouldn't fit the occasion. She doesn't really like fighting hand-to-hand combat, but she carries around a wooden staff and a small handful of flowers to use as mediums when casting spells and such, or when she just wants to smell them. They do smell pretty nice. Now if she reeeeeally had to use weapons, she rather stick with a stick. No, seriously, she can poke one of your eyes out with that. Asides from that, most likely the whip that she crafted with vines. Let me tell you it hurts. Now, anything else, she did bring a sleeping bag, her suitcase, a reusable water bottle, a medical kit, her laptop, and her phone.
Personal
Ambitions: Angelica would love nothing more than to live in a nice valley when she grows older, and surround herself in nature so that she can further study her magic and what effects it has on the actual environment. If anything, she wants to figure out a way to balance out economy with environment, despite most people calling her naive for trying.
Likes: She loves anything that has to do with animals, plants, and nature in general. She enjoys the serenity and peace that it gives her, and she much prefer waking up early to watch the sun rise on the hill side over sitting in her room and surfing the internet. Seriously, give her a bouquet of flowers and you might actually get a smile from her.
Dislikes: She doesn't seem to enjoy the use of technology very much. Sure, she enjoys listening to music, but she doesn't like how people are always chopping down trees, and useless killings for no reason. It goes without saying that she also doesn't like it when people harm the environment, her seeing it as some sort of letter as challenge. A taunt, telling her how weak she is for being unable to do a thing.
Personality: Angelica in general is more or less straight forward and blunt. She is seen to enjoy speaking to other females, but she is more or less shy around males due to attending an all females school. She has no sexual or romantic attraction towards females, and so ends up befriending them easily due to the fact that she is more comfortable around them. She can also be pretty emotional, but she doesn't have much of a temper. Hell, you can annoy her for days upon days, but the most you'll get from her is "... Could you stop, please?" before going a week or something before she finally snaps. She isn't too worried to speak her mind, but she always takes the other person's possible reaction into consideration. She would never force her own ideas onto someone else, and will gladly try to work around something if it doesn't sit well with the other person.

Magic
Element: Nature
Familiar: Her familiar is that of an owl, who she takes fairly good care of.
latest.png
Strengths: The girl can work when under a lot of pressure, and I mean a lot of pressure. Though, she is human, so she will more or less mess up every now and then by accident. She is also very obedient, and pretty good at luring people into any trap she had set up prior. She doesn't let her emotions cloud her judgement, but it really depends on the circumstances. She is also pretty spot on when judging people, and keeps most of her thoughts to herself, so you can barely tell what the hell is going on inside her head (Well, most people just assume that it's all flowers and rainbows in there anyways).

Weakness: She... Isn't very fast. She rather take things slow and study, and at her own pace. Sure, when she was in a serious fight with someone, she may be quick. But it would take a while for her to actually register that the fight were important to actually start picking up the pace. She's one of those people who you would get mad at for being slow and holding up the line. Also, she is... Actually amazingly observant. Maybe a little.. Too observant. She thinks too deeply into things, and may or may not get nosy and start almost.. more or less stalking someone. It's... Kind of creepy, but she knows boundaries after someone mentions it to her. Also, she can't lie to anyone for the life of her. It's more of a 'don't ask don't tell' sorta thing.
Spells
Personal Spells
Drain and Rejuvenate - By taking energy from the plants around herself, she is able to use it to enhance her own speed, casting power, and mana pool. Depending on the plants being drained, the effects can last longer, but the strength of the effect will not change, nor will the cost. She can also bestow her own energy from her body and into the earth to the plants around herself if she needed it, but she cannot revive dead plants. This spell can be improved on/developed over the course of the role play.

Drain and Rejuvenate Drawback - She cannot take energy from plants that are withered or dead, and she cannot take a tree's energy in winter. Also, this goes without saying, but she cannot use this spell when indoors or when she isn't around any form of plants. If she bestows her own energy into the earth, she will lose any effects granted from the drain. If she did NOT drain and is transferring her energy to the plants, then, well, she'll get tired. Very tired.

Sun's Serenity - As long as the sun is out, she is able to regenerate the majority of her wounds and status ailments. At the moment, it can only heal cuts and wounds, along with burns over time. It allows her body to take in the sunlight and disperse of the toxins in the body, should there be any over an certain period of time. If she has her wooden staff with her, the wood and leaves from the said staff will be able to take in more sunlight, and transfer it to her body in order to amplify the effect for the same amount of mana being spent. This can be improved on/developed in the future.

Sun's Serenity Drawbacks - As the name goes, it can only be used when she is in direct contact with the Sun's UV rays. Meaning, she has to be outside, and a cloud can't be blocking the sun. She cannot use this in the night time, and the duration of this spell will slowly drain off her mana bit by bit. Although it doesn't take much mana, it will still make a large difference if she were using it for long periods of time without rest.
Relationships

Nothing here yet >w>

So yeah. I HAVE FINISHED IN ONE SITTING (After like 4 hours of writer's block) BUT IT HAS BEEN COMPLETED. @Noctis the Devious

Attachments

• 2013-12-09-622088.png
    2013-12-09-622088.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nano, first your character has no gear other than her staff (rations, water, sleeping bag, et cetera). Was this intentional?

Secondly, the format you've chosen isn't very mobile friendly and I would much rather be able to see it all at once before I can make a proper judgment. So far it looks good though :)

For the first one, rigtht, I thought by gear you meant weapons or something. I'll get that added ouo

For the second one, I don't have a provlem, and I'm on mobile, but I can fix it up ouo

My phone screen is kind of small >.>" And my tablet kind of squished everything to one side so only a couple of words are stacked unless I turn it sideways, and still I can only see a paragraph at one time v.v I don't want to look over something is all.

For the first one, rigtht, I thought by gear you meant weapons or something. I'll get that added ouo

For the second one, I don't have a provlem, and I'm on mobile, but I can fix it up ouo
My phone screen is kind of small >.>" And my tablet kind of squished everything to one side so only a couple of words are stacked unless I turn it sideways, and still I can only see a paragraph at one time v.v I don't want to look over something is all.
On my phone I have the same problems as @Noctis the Devious stated (and I do have a 'big' screen) But on the laptop it seems all fine. Though I agree it is easier to read if all is just underneath eachother and you don't have to scroll for the text

Alrighty! I fixed it up, so now you don't have to scroll, just tap the little tab things. Yay Accordion ouo

I much prefer there not being anything splitting up the sheet but thst's better.

Personal Spells
Floral Flurry - As the name suggests, it's a flurry of flowers. Although not strong enough to cause damage, there are little spores attached to each individual petal which, in turn, can spread if the petals are made to surround a certain area (Say.. 3 feet in diameter, just enough to envelop a human being). The amount of petals that are used depend on two variables. The first is how many petals are in the area at the very moment that she can use, and the second being her mana. If she were to control say.. 4-5 rose flowers worth petals, it would - give or take - a good amount of it, however at the same time not too much. It cannot be dispersed through physical means. This can be developed and improved on in the future.

I really don't understand the purpose of this spell .-. Is it like razor leaf from pokemon but with flower petals or like Price's personal spell? You can find his skeleton in the Cast list by the way. Also, what do the spores even do?

I could add more detail to it, if you would like o-o.
Anywho, no it's not like razer leaf. It's similar to Price's flower, however, these she can actually control the area of effect. It will not do any physical damage. I can add the effects of the spores, if that's your only concern ouo

Well the fact it's quite similar to Price's spell is also concerning since personal spells are suppose to be unique to the Caster o.o; Also, yes, telling me the actual purpose of the spell would be kinda helpful. Otherwise I don't really know what you're trying to accomplish beyond mechanic wise.

Hmm.. Question. When you generalize it as nature, I know you mean plants... But is it possible to have some form of manipulation over.. I dunno.. Animals?

Nature is limited to plants. Spirit already covers animals.

@Noctis the Devious
Alright, so I changed the spell. I don't have any offensive attacks for her, since I can't really think of too many unique attacks that wouldn't be considered OP, so it's more based off benefiting herself rather than offense.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Alright, it looks great. Just a note your personal spells aren't you're only spells o.o They're just spells others can't copy. Also, the right side of your post is cut off.

Gosh darn it.
Codes, why do you do this to me. I finally figure out how to use you, and you fail me.
Well, anywho.. I hope you were able to read it all (No really please no more technical difficulties ;u;) and I'll put a post up in the IC if I am allowed ouo

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Yeah, go ahead and post :)

But first.. Can someone tell me where everyone is >>?
I'm as lost as a duck looking for their tail.

Recently there was a time skip snd everyone split into two groups: one to take care of the camp and another to scout the area. Raina, Shira, and Dakota are currently clearing out a cave full of jumping spiders.

Erice (Namora) and Zelda (Cybermoon) are currently scouting. You can go ahead and join them so they're split evenly :3

Status
Not open for further replies.