- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:
Thank you <3

→ Name: Ava Reed
→ Age: 18
→ Grade: Senior
→ Sex: Female
→ Gender: Female
→ Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
→ Appearance: She's got a thin willowy figure and is just 2 inches shy of being 6 feet tall. Her natural hair is only about shoulder length and a dark brown color but she dyes it a pale blond color almost religiously and wears extensions. Her eyes are a natural olive green and her skin tone a rich brown.

→ Apparel & Gear: Ava considers herself to be a fashionista who follows the beat of her own drum but her first and foremost rule is convenience and comfort over looks. She favors clothing that compliments and shows off her long legs as they are probably her favorite feature of herself.

She has a medium sized pack that holds necessary items such as food, water, 5 restorative potions that heal health and refresh the user, first aid kit for more physical wounds, an extra set of clothes.

→ Element: Gravity
→ Familiar: A black Owl named Chime

→ Strengths: Ava is a quick thinker and learner enabling her to easily adapt to most situations. She's very flexible and agile as well as fast on her feet. She is very aware of her surroundings and her capabilities in a fight, always mindful of just how much she can do before she needs to consider alternate plans or retreat. Strategic thinking and unorthodox problem solving are also strengths of hers. She can be very patient when she needs to be. She is observant.
As a person, Ava is generally nice and easy to get along with. She's mindful of her words and tends to know the right thing to say. She is strong willed and can be a capable leader in trying times. She does not let trivial things affect her in any way.

→ Weakness: Ava is not a very good spell caster in general. She cannot focus her magic on enemies only and reserves are exhausted easily if she doesn't manage them well, leaving her pretty much defenseless. She can be a bit of a snarky asshole when she's upset or frustrated. She's overbearing and likes to take charge if she feels things are going the way they should be. She's also very selfish and cares only for her own well being.

→ Ambitions: Ava greatly desires to increase her skills, especially her accuracy with her spells. She wants to win more for herself than anything else.

→ Likes: Ava has a passion for birds, finding them independent and beautiful. She doesn't mind being around people and likes those that can make her laugh. She's a bit of a tech buff. She's very into fashion and wouldn't mind becoming a designer once this is all over.

→ Dislikes: She doesn't like dealing with selfish people despite being one herself. People or things that are time wasters. She hates having to depend on others. She is allergic to cats and hates them as a result.
→ Other: Ava lacks defense aside from her Warp spell, making her a very easy target and incredibly dependent on the assistance of others to be successful in a fight. She simply works with teams because she has no other choice.

→ Personal Spells:

She specializes in zone control with her widespread spells and their effects, but her spells are incredibly draining and can only be used a limited amount of times along with taking some time to cast. Because of this and her inability to focus her spells on enemies only, Ava can be a risky team mate to have along.
Positioning and timing are very key for Ava in battle as she lacks many ways to protect herself.

Warp: When this spell is cast, anything directly in front of Ava can be pushed a great distance away from her, taking moderate damage from the spell and impact damage if they collide with anything.

Null Zone: When this spell is cast, a small circle forms around a single target and will encase them in zone that greatly increases the pull of gravity, rooting them to the spot for 1-5 seconds. If the target requires movement to cast their spells, their casting speeds will be greatly reduced for the same duration. The duration depends on how strong Ava is at that moment. This spell does moderate damage over time.

Overfield: When this spell is cast, a medium sized bright white zone forms, increasing the pull of gravity on all things in the area making it much harder for them to move. This spell does no damage.

Gravity Well: When this spell is cast, a zone resembling a black hole forms, pulling things towards it's center and dealing stacking damage over time to all who stand inside of it. If you remain inside for the duration of the spell, you take critical damage. Remaining at the center of the spell will cause you to take extra bonus damage.

Reversal: Can only be activated when absolutely necessary. Ava is able to completely change the gravitational pull on physical objects and projectiles in a wide area around her, temporarily allowing her to redirect them. She's only able to use this once and can no longer cast magic until she is fully rested. It acts as a sort of 'get of jail free card'.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Blue Jay, Not sure about the luck spells but it looks good so far.

She is strong willed and can be a capable leader in trying times. She does not let trivial things affect her in any way.
Heh, I could see her and Raina clashing x) As for the Luck powers, I'm going to ask my Co-GM and see what she thinks o.o

*Fails* I was too distracted by Trent and Mally to actually inform you Dx I was also dead tired and may have forgotten >.>;

*Fails* I was too distracted by Trent and Mally to actually inform you Dx I was also dead tired and may have forgotten >.>;
You are excues. Mala x Trent are an excellent excuse

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Lucky Chance: A self buff that temporarily increases Ava's casting speed, critical hit damage and critical hit rate. Best cast at the start of a battle.
I don't see how this holds any connection to being a gravity caster. I, personally, see this as some general buff every caster can or cannot use.

Null Zone: When this spell is cat, a small circle forms around a single target and will encase them in zone that greatly reduces their casting speed as well as the effective areas of their spells for 1-5 seconds. The duration depends on how strong Ava is at that moment
Again I don't see casting speed hold any relation to gravity. I would understand them being 'bound' to the place, unable to move due to gravity increase or being unable to use (heavy) weapons. Yet when I think of Ina as an example, her spells come from her mentally, so I don't see how gravity could decrease her casting speed.

Overfield: When this spell is cast, a medium sized bright white zone forms, increasing the pull of gravity on all things in the area making it much harder for them to move. This spell does no damage.
Yes, this I could see working as a gravity caster.

Gravity Well: When this spell is cast, a zone resembling a black hole forms, pulling things towards it's center and dealing stacking damage over time to all who stand inside of it. If you remain inside for the duration of the spell, you take critical damage.
I would allow this. Though change the critical damage to the one who stands in/near the center, since I imagine the pull being the strongest there

Stroke of Luck: Can only be activated when absolutely necessary. Ava is able to change the luck of herself only, changing the outcome of a situation to simply another possibility. She's only able to use this once and can no longer cast magic until she is fully rested. It acts as a sort of 'get of jail free card'.
I see this more as a spell of someone able to manipulate probability. I could however be fully accepting of this being changed to (example) flying projectiles suddenly falling to the ground when they are about to hit her/ally (or otherwise would have hit her). And things like that.

→ Personal Spells:
Ava has a special passive of sorts called 'Risker Luck': She is very prone to unlucky situations because she exchanges luck for the ability to manipulate her accuracy and critical hit damage and rates, as well as to turn her luck around in key moments.

She specializes in zone control with her widespread spells and their effects, but her spells are incredibly draining and can only be used a limited amount of times along with taking some time to cast. Because of this and her inability to focus her spells on enemies only, Ava can be a risky team mate to have along.
Positioning and timing are very key for Ava in battle as she lacks many ways to protect herself.
I could see her manipulate her accuracy (whith objects that are prone to gravity, such as throwing daggers, arrows) or make herself able to use more heavy weapons, not being affected by the weight. However once again I can not see gravity having anything to do with hit damage or rates.

Furthermore the drawbacks are perfect

• Thank You
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
So there goes my opinion on the spells XD

She is allergic to cats and hates them as a result.
I founnd this very amusing, considering the socks she is wearing are cats XD

I don't see how this holds any connection to being a gravity caster. I, personally, see this as some general buff every caster can or cannot use.

Again I don't see casting speed hold any relation to gravity. I would understand them being 'bound' to the place, unable to move due to gravity increase or being unable to use (heavy) weapons. Yet when I think of Ina as an example, her spells come from her mentally, so I don't see how gravity could decrease her casting speed.

Yes, this I could see working as a gravity caster.

I would allow this. Though change the critical damage to the one who stands in/near the center, since I imagine the pull being the strongest there

I see this more as a spell of someone able to manipulate probability. I could however be fully accepting of this being changed to (example) flying projectiles suddenly falling to the ground when they are about to hit her/ally (or otherwise would have hit her). And things like that.

I could see her manipulate her accuracy (whith objects that are prone to gravity, such as throwing daggers, arrows) or make herself able to use more heavy weapons, not being affected by the weight. However once again I can not see gravity having anything to do with hit damage or rates.

Furthermore the drawbacks are perfect
I originally wanted lightning since I had been dying to use a character with a luck based scheme but gravity was the only interesting one left :c
I guess I should just take it out completely
And I was thinking the casting speed could affect those who need to speak, or move in some way to cast their spells?

And yea the cat socks are fashionable so she's alright with wearing them XD
It's real life cats that are evil

I originally wanted lightning since I had been dying to use a character with a luck based scheme but gravity was the only interesting one left :c
I guess I should just take it out completely
And I was thinking the casting speed could affect those who need to speak, or move in some way to cast their spells?

And yea the cat socks are fashionable so she's alright with wearing them XD
It's real life cats that are evil
The cat socks made me snicker with that comment about cats XD

Anyway... Noctis asked me for my opinion so this is what I have to say about it. I could agree on cast speed being affected by gravity if they would have to move for their spells

The cat socks made me snicker with that comment about cats XD

Anyway... Noctis asked me for my opinion so this is what I have to say about it. I could agree on cast speed being affected by gravity if they would have to move for their spells

Hehehe :p

I made some changes, let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.