- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:
I'm about to scribble my post quickly up right now, but I keep getting distracted. I blame all of you guys and someone tell Misa to shut the fuck up on Skype, seriously. I can't get anything done, jeez.

EXCUSE ME?! WELL THEN DONT CLICK ON MY MESSAGES. >:T (don't make me cut you homie)

• Love
Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
I'm about to scribble my post quickly up right now, but I keep getting distracted. I blame all of you guys and someone tell Misa to shut the fuck up on Skype, seriously. I can't get anything done, jeez.
Pfffttt fine I will go sleep than

@Misaou You heard Wicked. Would you be so kind to not interupt the mighty Wicked with writing a post? XD

@Jakers, Actually depending on how you look at it, you came at a convenient time ^.^ This round is about to end so when the next one starts you can just pretend you've been here the whole time. Unless you want me to wait until you get your post up before I end the round?

...I'm going to pretend my players aren't homicidal maniacs threatening to cut each other...

Good night Dark :D

Uh...... blah?
latest

//Slips into the darkness to write the post

EXCUSE ME?! WELL THEN DONT CLICK ON MY MESSAGES. >:T (don't make me cut you homie)
//Slides back in for a second

tumblr_n1ezfxQBPJ1smcbm7o1_500.gif

//Dance-taunts away

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
latest

//Slips into the darkness to write the post

//Slides back in for a second

tumblr_n1ezfxQBPJ1smcbm7o1_500.gif

//Dance-taunts away

large.gif

If that's what you wish, then so be it. See you in your nightmares.

203c60ec9fdeae46ca9a346e14b8c0a2.gif

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jakers
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Sailor Arti
@Jakers, Actually depending on how you look at it, you came at a convenient time ^.^ This round is about to end so when the next one starts ypu can just pretend you've been here the whole time. Unless you want me to wait until you get your post ip before I end the round?

...I'm going to pretend my players aren't homicidal maniacs threatening to cut each other...

Awesome! Also, it depends when you're planning to post the next round. My character will be up tomorrow morning (which is likely around 9 or so hours from now), and my first post a little later than that. If you were planning to post in that time, then don't let me hold you up; I'll have it so my character fell asleep on the bus or was busy playing Flappy Bird.

Also, I'm sure they're lovely people, not homicidal maniacs! ...Right...? Eheh. Heh. ifeelunsafe

But yeah, tomorrow my hopeless ladies man/posing boomeranger will be up~. Looking forward to RP'ing with y'all.

What the fuck do i read whenever i am here?

I... I don't even know any more...

Okay dokey :3

Just don't make eye contact and you'll be just fine =^.^=

• Love
Reactions: Wicked and Jakers
Misaou said she wasn't posting. I'm simply double checking :)

Reactions: Sailor Arti
>>T
rap Hanamura<<

The Posing Boomeranger

→ Age: 17
→ Grade: Senior
→ Race: Southern European, Light
→ Sex: Male
→ Gender: Masculine
→ Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual - he's not homophobic or anything, but he's all about the ladies when it comes to that stuff.
→ Element: Earth
→ Other Nicknames: 'Mr. Fabulous', 'Hanna', 'Posy' - the list of nicknames (that Trap thoroughly dislikes) could continue for quite a while.

<==================>

→ Appearance: Trap stands very tall at an impressive 6'4, with a long legs, and a slender build that doesn't yield much muscle: a body designed for posing at birth. His hair is long, messy and well-kempt of a rich light brown colour. His eyes are of a bright red-brown that accompany his young and perfectly clean-shaven face.

→ Personality: Whilst he loves to be the center of attention, is overconfident and egotistical, and has really poor attempts at showing off rap skills from time to time, Trap is often a pretty likeable guy. Once you get over all the posing, selfies, and constant tweets to the little friends he has on social media sites - he can be funny, encouraging, selfless, and a fun guy to be around in general.

Those who possess personalities that are clearly stronger and more dominant than his cause Trap to be flustered, and he often tries to show off or say stuff to 'seem cool'. He can possess quite a kind-hearted and lovable aura about him... but when he sees a lady he likes, chances are they'll kill him when they hear his collection of improvised and absolutely dreadful pick-up lines.

→ Fighting Style: Trap's arsenal of moves may seem flashy and far-fetched... because most of the time, they are. A lot of Trap's moves consist of more aesthetic than actual power, making him look cool but... actually not doing that much. This is a partially deliberate method of Trap - to confuse and disorientate enemies, using his set of ridiculous moves to try and break the confidence and concentration of his opponent. He makes use of the terrain around him and his giant boomerang to create clever and unique moves that probably nobody's ever seen before.

Posing is his game; it's rare that Trap actually gets serious about a fight. But, on rare occasion, Trap can get serious. If the right strings are pulled, and his rage goes beyond his ego, then his fighting style will turn the other way around. He'll stop doing anything flashy, and simply pull out devastating moves designed to take down his opponent. It's extremely rare for Trap to other do this though, thanks to his very quirky personality and sometimes overly nice attitude towards human opponents. Trap is actually pretty freaking tough, possess clever (sometimes even genius) moves, and is often underestimated.

He knows Kung Fu, too. Opponents be damned.

<==================>

→Apparel & Gear

Trap's Giant Boomerang, 'Kaze-Suprita': The huge boomerang has two pieces of pure earth on either side of it, and one in the centre 'grip' of the boomerang, so that Trap can control the boomerang with his Earth control. The boomerang is made of an extremely tough metal - whilst it isn't the sharpest - it looks snazzy and is very durabl. When the huge rang' is thrown in combination with Trap's powers, it can produce some pretty devastating attacks, and it's the central 'medium' for casting all of Trap's flashy and impressive moves. Trap can coat the blade of his boomerang in earth to reduce the cutting power of his weapon and make it better for non-lethal attacks - which he often does.
Trap's 'Battle Outfit': Consisting of a headband, various decorations, and little means in terms of actual protection - it's likely he wears this much more for aesthetic reasons rather than combat enhancements. The outfit is light, allowing for much more manoeuvrability, but that's about it. It's all Trap and his boomerang when he fights - no special enchantments.
Trap's Straps: These various straps can be used for climbing purposes with ropes, but are mostly used for attaching items he needs to carry onto his body - such as his giant boomerang. It's also partly for aesthetic.
→Smoke Bombs of Various Colours: For making dramatic entrances, and making cool moves look even cooler, obviously. They can make people cough and provide cover, but Trap using coloured smoke bombs for tactical reasons is extremely unlikely.
Trap's Smartphone: Where would the ultimate poser be without his purple-cased smartphone? Whilst one wouldn't consider a smartphone to be a part of 'gear', Trap uses the smartphone to take selfies, upload quick vids of him kicking ass, tweeting about his latest accomplishments, and playing free app games all the time. Sometimes he deliberately uses it just to annoy opponents.
Trap's Canteen: A canteen strapped to Trap, that he often pretends contains just water. The truth is, it often contains highly sweetened (usually cherry-flavoured) fizzy energy drinks that give Trap a nice big caffeine boost in combat.

→ Familiar: Trap's magical bird, 'Lizzie'. A small, bright-brown, parrot-like bird with long wings, Lizzie likes to say single words in their parrot tone to make snarky remarks to Trap, usually regarding how ridiculous he looks. Despite their love/hate relationship, they make a pretty good team - Lizzie is able to scout out and hear faraway objects for Trap, so that Trap doesn't fall in a... trap.

<==================>

→ Strengths: Whilst he may seem pretty reckless, Trap is a clever fighter, and his body is tuned to be a lot stronger and faster than it looks. One of Trap's greatest strengths is people underestimating him - then unleashing his more powerful moves. His 'serious side' could also be considered a strength, but it's so rare to see that it might as well not be on the list. Out of combat, Trap is quite charismatic (albeit egotistical) and is great at cheering people up or making them laugh when they clearly need comfort.

→ Weakness: Against human or humanoid enemies, Trap lacks killing intent, making him weaker in one versus one duels. Whilst he'll happily beat up an opponent and confuse them with flashy moves, Trap actually doesn't like hurting people - especially women. His habits of moving about everywhere whilst posing like a demon can make fights drag on for longer than they should, and it can give chances for enemies to attack back. He can also sometimes make really stupid and reckless desicions for the sake of looking cool. He does have a sense of self-preservation, but if he ever dies, doing a pose was probably something to do with it.
→ Ambitions: Whilst Trap seeks some sort of fame and recognition for his talents, and to be known as the flashiest, most devilishly handsome fighter that ever lived... a part of him is pretty desperate to find a wonderful lady to start a relationship with. In a girls VS. boys challenge, Trap figures that'll be hard - but impressing people is one of the reasons for his existence. He plans to grow stronger and stronger, and gain the respect that he believes he, master mage Trap, oh-so-deserves.

<==================>

→ Likes: Fizzy energy drinks, sweet foods, having rivals, winning against said rivals, being challenged, flashy clothes, bright colours, pretty ladies, like-minded men, fighting alongside/in view of people, selfies, social media, sleeping, rapping terribly, musical instruments, having top-quality banter, awful jokes, loud music of most kinds, performing aerial moves with his boomerang, flying in any form.
→ Dislikes: Coffee, tea, pretty much any drink that isn't sweet/fizzy, eating meat, eating vegetables, insects (mainly spiders), messing up his hair, falling over, messing up in front of an audience, when a girl rejects him, when people insult him (he's pretty sensitive), getting one-upped, getting 'rekt', alcohol/drugs of any kind, snarky/unapproachable people.
→ Other: Trap's list of habits and quirks could go on for quite a while, but it's very common to see him posting images or tweeting about fights... sometimes even whilst he's in the middle of a fight. He likes to flick and brush his hair to the side whilst smirking after doing or saying something cool, and generally bigs himself up; giving himself honorific titles sometimes. It's not as un-likeable as it sounds... but it can still be pretty annoying. As much as he doesn't want to admit it, and although it's pretty obvious anyway, he's also pretty desperate for a girlfriend. What goes through Trap's mind is a mystery, but one good guess would be... girls. Either that or sweet energy drinks.

<==================>

→ Personal Spells

Boomerang Art: Twirling Edge - One of Trap's most simple spells, twirling edge a simple yet elegant hurl of his boomerang. By controlling the pieces of earth either side of the boomerang, Trap can throw the giant boomerang in an almost-perfect, long arc, slicing through enemies that it passes, and 90% of the time it'll return to him. If he coats the blade of his boomerang in earth, he dulls the cutting power of the boomerang, knocking people over instead of cutting into their skin instead. He usually does this due to his lack of killing intent.

Boomerang Art: Glorious Parry - Another simple spell, thanks to the very strong material of the boomerang, Trap can block quite a few physical attacks with it. How he does this is by making the boomerang float like a wall in front of him, and then making it spin really fast - essentially creating a large, circular shield. Obviously, this can only block in one direction, and after using it - it takes a while for Trap to prepare a different move with his boomerang. It's good at blocking melee attacks, but ranged attacks like arrows or bolts can sometimes go through the rotating boomerang.

Boomerang Art: Splitter Dash - After many years of balance training, Trap has learnt Splitter Dash. The move consists of Trap jumping on his boomerang, and carefully levitating it in the air, before making it dash in a certain direction. Trap often holds forth a long pole of earth whilst doing this, essentially making the move a long-ranged thrust, or can use it to cover a large amount of distance. He sometimes jumps off the boomerang in mid-flight to perform a long-range tackle - which usually ends really badly. Whilst he's taught himself not to - Trap can still fall off the boomerang and hurt himself pretty badly from time to time.

Boomerang Art: The Grand Slam - By using the large shape of the boomerang to his advantage, Trap can essentially levitate the boomerang's 'V' shape into a human (or slightly larger) sized target, scoop them up into the air, then slam them onto the ground. Most of the time it'll just trip up enemies - but when it works, it's a pretty brutal move. He can also use the boomerang to hastily push away enemies to put distance between him and his target. A mistake enemies sometimes make is thinking that they can pick up Trap's boomerang, or hold on to it to stop Trap from using the boomerang. This just allows Trap to slam an enemy to the ground even harder.

Boomerang Art: The Grinder - A move Trap barely ever uses, The Grinder consists of a brutal move where Trap begins to build walls of earth around his opponent so it's harder for them to dodge an attack. Then, he sends his boomerang twirling at full force and spinning across the ground - like a massive, bladed wheel. The move can be dodged with ease, but if Trap sets up the walls correctly, failing to dodge the huge spinning blade of the boomerang can have devastating results.

→ Common Spells

Earth-Terraforming - This the basic art of making small walls, boulders, spears, or changing the structure of earth to mud or sand to break a fall. Pretty much every willing Earth Mage knows how to do this in some form or another. Trap focuses on controlling his boomerang to execute powerful moves, and can't make walls/boulders that are very big.

Last edited by a moderator:
There, have a Trap - sorry for it being a bit later than I predicted. I underestimated my ability to sleep through the afternoon.

Do be sure to tell me if any of the moves are too strong/anything seems stupid/phones and social media doesn't exist in this timeline, etc, haha. I might come back to edit a bit more stuff in now and again, but that's the basic concept of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.