- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:

C E R I S E Eliora V A L E N T I N E
Lady of the Light

--

"Eris" - The Greek goddess of strife, discord and such. The name is derived from her first name, and it is used to reference when she was younger. Prior to her becoming the 'graceful swan' she is today the girl seemed to bring accidents and destruction wherever she went.
"Ceri" - A shortened version of her name, used by friends and allies.
"Little Red" - A jab at both her height and hair. More often that not it is accompanied by some form of condescending comment.
"Roux" - A nickname for those with red hair. There is a very obvious reason she has this nickname.
"Valentine" - Her last name is reserved for acquaintances and those who stand her senior, such as teachers.

--

║ Age - Eighteen ║ Gender - Female ║ Grade - Senior ║ Sexual Orientation - Bisexual ║ Element - Light

large.png

"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Fix you - Coldplay

epd_red.png

― A P P E A R A N C E ―
[ Physical ]
"Look to the mind, and not the face hiding it."

Eris is a girl. Just a girl. As far as appearances go, she has a slightly founded face that gives her a more youthful girlish look to her. Because of that she can't touch the sexy category with a ten foot pole, but she's cute. There is nothing particularly sharp about her features or appearance. In fact, the only striking thing about her at all is her intense hair color that falls just past her shoulders, accompanied by rather common, yet warm brown eyes that are tinged with a ring of red around her pupil. Eris has a nice frame, a decent bust and hip to waist ratio. Though she's bashful about it she is relatively well toned. Were it not for the little bit of belly fat hiding the abs that she can feel just a centimetre below the protective cover ("Poke me, right here on my stomach. can you feel them? They're right there!!! Q-Q" ). Her arms and legs are lean, with slender muscle that is obvious only when she flexes. The girl stands at 5'7", and though that seems pretty average she's teased for it all the time. All the time.

[spoili]
This is pretty much the best reference if you want to know what she looks like.
99d4063c393aafef460e4195287d8b3e.jpg
[/spoili]

[spoili]
59wrki.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

lenia_2_by_wlop-d9a0a79.jpg

3s_by_wlop-d97zbyy.jpg

large.jpg

1483535_1433778360165_full.jpg

R3e4s0l.png

tumblr_ntl3pr0ftH1uuvb2io1_1280.jpg

large.jpg

large.png

large.png

Nishikino.Maki.600.1955968.jpg

large.jpg

918d2c8a987f253be9a1eeda0e439a1c.png

large.jpg

large.png

On%2Bthe%2Bsea%2Bby%2Bpancake.png

image_561307131038074461399.jpg

sg__sunny_route_by_pancake_waddled4srwig.jpeg

sg__quiet_afternoon_by_pancake_waddle-d5gdvat.png

sg__midsummer_night__s_dream_by_pancake_waddle-d5654ke.jpg

sg__shooting_star_by_pancake_waddle-d598btx.png

bfa86edc5a79be383ca8119a9bae7065.jpg

Nishikino.Maki.600.1954518.jpg

large.jpg

Love.Live%21.full.1918797.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

[/spoili]

[ Apparel ]
As far a clothes go, Eris has never been one to follow the frilly dresses that her peers and siblings seemed to favor. As a kid she'd wear t-shirts, shorts and running shoes, a little ball of energy sprinting everywhere. That habit has carried on to this day, and she can most commonly be found in simple shirts, light hooded sweaters, stretchy jeans and a pair of black combat boots. She often wears black leather gloves and a backpack with everything she believes she needs at the time. She does have a purple pendant hanging from her neck constantly, a memento from her father.

[ Gear ]
Bedroll - "ZzzzzZ"
Water bottle/Canteen - "Gluglugluglug"
Combat knife - Just in case.
Rations - "OmnomNOMNOM", Includes chocolate bars
Winter Jacket/Gloves - Fur lined with rabbit. Warm and soft.
Rope/twine - Too many uses to name
Thread and needle - Practically weightless, and used for sewing clothes or wounds. Yay!
Medical Supplies - Gauze, bandages and polysporin to disinfect before healing
Solar Crystals (3) - Small, otherwise worthless gems that gleam with a golden light. She can suck the sunlight out of them to give her a boost of power, mostly used if she's caught in a pinch and has to heal at night.

[BCOLOR=transparent]
epd_red.png
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]― P R E F E R E N C E S ―[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][ Likes ][/BCOLOR]
"So much approval over here"
One thing Eris has always loved is competition. She loves the fuel that opponents give her, the way they drive her to do better and be better overall. She also appreciated people with a sense of humor, because it's something she can enjoy and relate to. She has a love of tea and vanilla flavored drinks. Until recently, she didn't like coffee, that is until an exceedingly cute stranger bought her a mug of it to thank her for watching their bag. She likes coffee now, but prefers it on the sweeter side. The girl also has a distinct appreciation for meat. A real carnivore, this one. As for pass time, Eris enjoys naps, reading, listening to music and stargazing.

[BCOLOR=transparent][ Dislikes ][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Haha. Nopenopenope"[/BCOLOR]
First off, she hates olives, as well as tomatoes. Hates them. Hates them with the burning passion of a thousand suns. Eris also has a deep rooted bitterness for both bullies and the bullied. Condescending jerks rub everyone the wrong way, 'nough said. As for the bullied, it's more their telltale lack of assertiveness, and their self-pitying nature that irks her. She dislikes mousey people, or those without backbones, mostly because she was one for the first half of her life. Seeing weak people is a bothersome reminder of her greatest shame. Finally, she has a distaste for pointless aggression and conflict. Fighting can be all fun and such, but if it's getting in her way, it needs to stop, or she will stop it.

[BCOLOR=transparent]― O T H E R ―[/BCOLOR]

[ Familiar ]
"That bug has more beauty and grace than you ever will."
Clarisse - The Butterfly
Her familiar is a butterfly. Unbecoming, no?
Eris was born at the darkest hour before the dawn on the Winter Solstice. Bad tidings, her family would whisper, a family that had dabbled and mastered light magic until now worried over a babe born of darkness. It was as they whispered, that a tiny, weak ray of light fluttered in through the wall, ignoring their looks of shock and stifled gasps, and landed on the girl's forehead, before fading into oblivion. 'She is anointed', they exclaimed, 'a child of shadow has been given to light!'

Eris was taught the way of light magic from a young age and through it all her companion remained by her side. a hidden comfort. When she was six years old, and the victim of the cruel games of her peers she was breaking and alone. The butterfly lingered with her, coming forth as not an advocate for battle or a saviour, but as what she needed. As a friend. Seeing it oh-so calmly land on her nose gave the girl strength to blink the coming tears away. It comforted her in the same way hot chocolate or warm food does when one is hungry and cold, by giving her an overwhelming warm from within.

The butterfly remained her companion for years to come. It was fun to watch as a child. She admired the grace and beauty that Eris knew she would never have. It was relatively quick and elegant, as butterflies often are, and has remained so until this day. Despite its lack of awesome appeal, Eris cares for the little creature very deeply and wouldn't trade it for any other familiar. Even if it were a wolf that spat lasers and gleamed like Orions' belt... Due to the butterfly's delicacy and non-corporeal make, it is often hidden in her bag or on her person, it's ethereal form makes it so the creature cannot be so easily crushed.

[ Strengths ]
"Flaws? HA! What flaws?"

Eris is of a relatively small stature and a light weight, this, as well as her amount of stamina allows her to remain quick on her feet. She also retains a good reaction time and a constant vigilance when in unfamiliar territory. The roux has an firm center of gravity and maintains exceptional balance, it is almost difficult for her to lose her footing and when she does she'll often regain it after a slight stumble. One thing she prides herself on is her physical strength, and admittedly she is stronger than she looks, she is also very flexible and athletic. It's for that reason, that she hates her bit of belly fat. She tries so bloody hard to rid herself of it. Yet it remains, eternally taunting her.

[ Weakness ]
"Oh right, those flaws..."
Eris' most glaring weakness is her tendency to over or underestimate her own abilities. Over estimating is usually the more common, and that results in her finding a short coming at the most inconvenient moment possible. As far as underestimation goes, when she feeling down (got her ass handed to her recently) she'll hesitate more than she should and lose openings on her opponents as they present themselves. The girl also has a mild temper on her, she can get really riled up and angry, to the point where it sometimes hinders her ability to make intelligent choices. Finally, the roux also relies heavily on physical strength and ability. The overestimation bit applies there as well. You see, she's always been regarded as exceptionally strong for her age, which she is. However now that she's encountering boys with their 'greater muscle mass' and 'harder hits', it's going to be a rude awakening to say the least.

[ Ambitions ]
"The only one who can beat me is me"
Her goal is very simple. To the point where it seems to become complicated. You see, all she wants is to be the best. Eris has a driving ambition to prove that she is the strongest. This isn't quite a matter of arrogance, seeing as half of her pride is something she laughs off as an act, but of confidence and a need to prove to both her peers and herself that everything, everything she has struggled with and sacrificed until this point was worthwhile. Girls pitted against boys, honestly she couldn't care less about their little school competition. She's never been a fan of the vast majority of her school mates anyway. They just rubbed her the wrong way.

[ Hand-to Hand Combat ]
"Show me your moves!" //FALCON PUNCH
As you will read shortly, Eris' fighting style relies heavily on proximity and her ability to pack a punch. She is pretty capable overall, took gymnastics as a kid, and from that got the degree of flexibility she wanted. Those however, was too dull for her. Martial arts was her second shot at a sport outside of the local rugby team. It helped in numerous aspects of her life and gave the girl the backbone she'd needed for so long. From her experience she learned how to throw a punch without hurting herself, and land a steady kick to sweep the legs along with numerous other tricks of the trade that she learned through her years of practice.

epd_red.png

― P E R S O N A L S P E L L S ―

[ Mirage ]
"Now you see me..."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Light is a perception, something to be seen and observed. You can't touch or feel it the same way you can other aspects of reality and because of it's shapelessness Eris has found it to be a weak defense. A shield is out of the question, due to the fact that light just can't manifest that way, or if it can she just can't mange it yet. Cerise will simply divert attention from herself by changing the way the light particles hit objects, creating illusions and images. Her most common use is to create multiple targets with a trick of the light. This spell is very taxing, causing mental drain and even physical repercussions like sweating and shortness of breath, because it is so obvious as she is casting it, she'll often hide in the trees or area around so that she can concentrate without being an open target. If she happens to be hit, the images will falter, and if she is hit hard enough the mirage will vanish altogether. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The creation of images [/BCOLOR]is a staple ability for a luxmancer, the only thing about her that sets her apart is how she can make herself vanish completely. Invisibility is her greatest defense, because you can't hit what you can't see. She avoids attacks by making herself difficult to look at and target properly. Cerise can bend light to make it look like she's not there, and she'll use this both for bother running, hiding, or initiate an attack through ambush. Vanishing from sight, unfortunately for her, doesn't means she's soundless, so the snapping of twigs and rustling of leaves will alert people of her presence. This spell, as stated before does require immense focus, not quite as much as the multiple image projection, but by no means is it a walk in the park. It requires concentration and legitimate effort, and because of this it is difficult to retain for long amounts of time.

[BCOLOR=transparent][ Hyperion's Wrath ][/BCOLOR]
"This is gonna hurt like a sonofabitch"
[BCOLOR=transparent]When all is said and done, Cerise likes to get physical. Up, close and personal. She respects long range attacks for what they are, an intelligent, reasonable and very boring way to fight. If Eris doesn't think she can win a fight, she'll take the ranged route and fire from afar, doing her best to keep the distance. Laser beams of condensed light can do some damage if aimed well and right, but often the true impact is lost as it travels. In her opinion, they don't do enough damage. Cerise enjoys skipping the middle man, and gathers the energy one would for a beam to be used in one fell swoop. The light will gather, and it can be directed to any of her limbs. So if she's throwing a punch, it will add that much more damage. The most dangerous part is the burns that are a possibility, as well as the threat of internal damage. If need be, this can be turned into a ranged attack if she has a vessel to channel and direct it through. Else wise, the beam will spiral and dance out of control, often missing by quite a few feet.[/BCOLOR]

[ Variegation ]
"When light passes through a prism, what comes out?"
Light is made up of various strands and wavelengths determined different kinds of light, radiation and how harmful they can be. Eris, rather than always using generic white light can cycle through the various colors that make up her element. Each color does various degrees of damage. Though they can all be harmful as most things are when given too much of one thing. Red will have positive effects later on, you'll heal faster. Also, when healing the light will usually be red, seeing as that is the most beneficial. A yellow is more neutral, but there are more benefits than drawbacks. Green is where she starts to get serious. Blue is where she is legitimately trying to hurt you, dark purple is a step above that and light purple is the most draining. if you reach that point you know she's trying to kill you and end it once and for all.

[ Healing Hand ]
"No! You're hurt. Let me see."

[BCOLOR=transparent]As far as healing goes, Cerise has a long way to go. Her abilities are limited and there are times she struggles with this particular breed of light magic due to her battle-oriented personality. Healing anything takes time, energy and concentration. The severity of the wound also affects all three of those things. This particular spell is special, seeing as she can use it on either herself or multiple people. It can grant legitimate healing, such as the closing of wounds, or even bursts of stamina to keep people going. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If using it only for herself the concentration is greatly decreased, and the energy needed is massively reduced. for others, especially multiple at once, if it exceedingly draining. The use requires excessive amounts of energy, something she usually draws from her own stores. There is however, a cap on that, a very small one if she's not in the sun. If her solar energy is cut off, her spell strength becomes limited, luckily in the light of the moon does qualify as solar energy. The strength of which usually varies by the phase, but this particular month is an exception, however, it will always be weaker than daylight. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As stated before, this spell needs exceptional concentration, and thus if she is in extreme pain or stress she will be unable to cast. t[/BCOLOR]hough with this spell she is able to, she doesn't like to heal broken bones or internal organ damage due to a lack of experience. If she were to mess up during the process she would most likely make the situation worse than it was initially. An example would be a broke bone, if dislodged or incorrectly aligned, or potentially even shattered, an attempt to heal it would result in her healing the bone in an incorrect way.

When actually executing the ability, if it exceedingly pretty as ribbons of red light come weaving around, encasing the wounded point in a cover of light as she directs. For those experiencing the healing process, it will burn, but only for a moment. The gleaming ribbon will fade away once the work is done, leaving a cool, refreshed sensation of the skin.

[ Will add more, for now I hope this will suffice ]
Just gonna keep this here for reference~

[BCOLOR=transparent]
epd_red.png
[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh.... Eddi.... the gif thing is not me. That is Misaou and Wicked.

― P E R S O N A L S P E L L S ―
Mirage
"Now you see me..."
[BCOLOR=transparent]Light is a perception, something to be seen and observed. You can't touch or feel it the same way you can other aspects of reality and because of it's shapelessness weak defense her strongest defense is in her control she changes the way the light particles hit objects Illusions create a larger version or multiple targets trick of the light[/BCOLOR]
This Post, well, page that has a post. is my list of 'common' spells, Image is basicly this, so you get it for free.

invisibility

making herself difficult to look at and target properly

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hyperion's Wrath[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]condensed on her fists of feet when she swings or kicks this can be turned into a ranged attack if she has a vessel to chanel and direct it through. Else wise, her and will often miss by she can used, staffs, knife, swords,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]laser beams[/BCOLOR]
causing things to burn
Same as above, You get it for free.

[BCOLOR=transparent]healing multiple people or herself the for herself, she saps energy from light and the people around her fighting at high noon is… a very bad idea. needs exceptional concentration, and thus if she is in extreme pain or stress she will be unable to cast[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]acording to the DM (and a previous descussion) you cannot drain others energy or magic. [/BCOLOR]​

Loving it so far, Just I'm going to comment on your personal spells in Red.
btw, I'm Eddi, I'm playing Lux, the other light caster.
I know its all a WIP but I'm just gonna let you know about that stuff so you can deal with it as you go.​

Sooooo... No casual chattery anymore? Is it forbidden from now on?
casual chattery is fine, a 6 page gif war, not so much. if you want to do that, pm her.

casual chattery is fine, a 6 page gif war, not so much. if you want to do that, pm her.

//shrugs GM didn't seem to have a problem. In fact I was under the impression the GM found our conversations amusing xD

thief-of-joy.gif

But I do get it. I'll take the talks with Misa elsewhere from now on, I guess, if it bothers everyone else.

And what comes down to "6 page gif war" there is also talking with bunch of others in between, so it's not just that. We do make also others participate in the silliness.

Also, reaction gifs are life, so even if me and Misa won't be sharing them anymore back and forth anymore, doesn't mean there won't be any.

• Thank You
Reactions: Sailor Arti
//shrugs GM didn't seem to have a problem. In fact I was under the impression the GM found our conversations amusing xD
Yeah, but if people start dropping out because they think they can't keep up, that is a problem. They come under the illusion that they don't participate enough OOC, because a handful of goofballs are just chatting along.

Reactions: EddiEddi
Yeah, but if people start dropping out because they think they can't keep up, that is a problem. They come under the illusion that they don't participate enough OOC, because a handful of goofballs are just chatting along.
^^ that,
you pretty much covered my point with that single post.

But aren't OOC and IC different? I don't understand why one would drop out because they can't keep up OOC. They're not required to post here. But if it's an issue, I have no problem stopping. Wouldn't want to scare off the children any more than we already have ;A;

But aren't OOC and IC different? I don't understand why one would drop out because they can't keep up OOC. They're not required to post here. But if it's an issue, I have no problem stopping. Wouldn't want to scare off the children any more than we already have ;A;
Let me explain to you the social complexion of humans in Skype, and why this matters.

• Thank You
I still haven't gotten an appology from you, Eddi. I didn't even do anything wrong -_-

I still haven't gotten an appology from you, Eddi. I didn't even do anything wrong -_-
I would make a butthurt joke but I am not going to go in to a argument over the invalidity and stupidity of getting upset over nothing more than text on a screen. nor am I in the mood to explain why its a non issue. so with that in mind, you have your apology.

@EddiEddi, You know what? I'm done talking. Leave. It's one thing to have players drop because of gifs and pleasant conversations. It's another for players to drop because of an asshole. If you can't make the conscious effort to concider how you come off to others you don't belong in my roleplay.

I wasn't aware anyone dropped because of me. But fair enough, I'm not going to argue.

Personally I don't have a problem with the gif wars. It does make it hard for me to keep up, but I assume that if anyone needs me (or some else) for something important they tag the person? Afterall this is OOC so people are allowed to do wjateber they want. I used to have OOC totally spammed with Chatplay xD it is fun for those involved, for outsiders not so much, but still no harm done right. If it is important. Tag.

Secondly I believe it could have been said in a nicer way. Like asking Misaou and Wicked to stop posting instead of attacking them like that.

So overal as co GM I'd say, keep it down or at least a bit related to the rp. I am not telling them to stop, I think they are old an wise enough to take learning from this. Again I am only the coGM not the GM

Tagging does help, but as I said before, just ask and I'l quote game related topics :)

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.