[OOC] By Magic Bound [Accepting!]

Re: Ra'Shala Emporium [Small Group RP Idea]

Those are all very good questions, especially the ones about the weather/climate and the technology level. I could easily add in a few comments that would answer those, perhaps a paragraph on the Great Library and Institute (which totally needs a new name, horrible at names). I could add a bit more detail to the Veratis, Qinqu or Government sections, which should answer anything important about foreign wars, law enforcement, the justice system and possible trade/currency within the Empire.

Of course, the last time I even wanted to mention actual currency (for a short, unimportant haggling scene), I went into farrrrrr too much detail, and developed a rather complex system of multiple coin sizes, metals and values, plus the conversion between all kinds of coins. Fun times, fun times...

Hmmmm...as for non-sentient magical creatures and how magic is used throughout the Empire...hmm... Creatures, not sure of, although I know that Dragons are extinct (and were very sentient). I sort of figure, at least for creatures, that anything that is magical is rare/semi-sentient at best, and that any other creature is standard Earth creature, although obviously this takes place on another world, with its own geography and history. Hmmm. I can add a comment or two about the roles magical creatures fill, I guess, somewhere in the government section. Yeah...talk about the Council of Greater and Lesser Clans a bit more, since I figure some people will be playing mages or magical creatures.

I can easily add all of that to the first post, although more details on any of that would technically belong in a WGE (World Glossary Encyclopedia) which is a collaborative collection of all added details to the world that are revealed throughout the roleplay, as well summaries and mini-profiles of recurring NPCs or side characters. I'll add what I can here, but the rest will belong in a WGE if it gets built. right. time for another edit.

Re: [OOC] Ra'Shala Emporium [Open/Accepting]

welp, here's hoping players are interested!

Yeah. I have a bit of homework to do and then I'm going to set everything up/post...and then go on another round of recruitment. bah.

and crap...I just realized I didn't mention anything about wars/relations with other nations.
.....ehhh
it can wait.

x3 take your time. I'm sure people will be interested.

Alright, I posted as Asra, although I sort of gave up near the end cause I am tireeeed. Finding quotes for her was hard. super hard. i don't really like the one si have, but...eh. whatever. bah.

I'll post as Tatari sometime tomorrow, feel free to open as either/both your characters.

and lets hope so. i think this could be a really great roleplay.

I'll take a look x3 oh, and incidentially, it would be very very helpful if you linked to the RP in your opening post here, and vice versa x3

Incidentially, it would also be helpful to know who was playing which character, and who's invited to each of your events. I made an assumption that Mariq, or Mariq's father, was invited to the debate as a guest of some sort, but I couldn't be sure without more information. I'm also not exactly sure what the attitude and relation typically was between Axemi and lord, so my characterization of Mariq and Javaria may have been rather different from the usual setting (although it should be more "relaxed" and "on-level" than usual. For instance, if Axemi are usually treated as invisible furniture, then Mariq treats them as visible servants he's responsible for, and if Axemi are usually treated as inferiors, then Mariq treats them as near-peers).

Actually, I specifically left it up to you as to who was invited. I figure Salah is likely high ranking enough to earn an invite to the Fete based on status, while Mariq is a scholar and could easily have been invited. Not sure what the odds are of either being invited to the Ball, but they both have good reasons for being invited to the Fete and the Council meeting. I didn't want to just randomly invite them though, without clearing it with you. So I left it open, so you could decide if they were invited or not. I like to leave things open ended in RPs, if and when I can, so that the other players can make up their own minds for what happens next. Saves time with collabing, too, so more actual RPing can get done.

I will edit the first post in this thread to link to the main RP thread, and I already have a link here in the opening post of the Rp. Hm. I can also easily add a "Played By" section in the profile, and just put it in the four profiles we have now. No problem.

Ummmm...As for how Akemi are treated, it depends on the Akemi type. Akemi, field Akemi who were criminals or debtors, are treated as, well, people working off their debt to society. They are worked hard and given little consideration, but they are not beaten or starved. They are fed well, clothed according to the season (so they are never too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer), worked hard but otherwise ignored.

Akemi-ka are much like normal servants, except they are not paid, and their loyalty is without question. Part of the training to become an Axemi-ka builds a deep loyalty to the master/owner, even if that master changes often. its one of the reasons Axemi-ka can only be bonded before they are 5 years old; after that, its too hard to train them properly. In return for a life time of service, Akemi-ka are protected and cared for. Those who harm Axemi-ka pay three fines (one to the owner, one to the training house, and one to the Servants of Yuse Ana); those who skilled an Axemi-ka pay the fines and work several years as an Axemi (field hand) or the like. Additionally, all Axemi-ka are guaranteed consent; one cannot arrange a marriage for an Axemi, unless they agree to it..... Yeah.

I would say that they are treated as loyal, useful background furniture. Most Akemi-ka are taught to serve without being noticed, to anticipate their master's demands and needs and meet them before they manifest. Mariq seems to be a bit more familiar and friendly with his Akemi-ka, allowing them to speak before first being spoken to, introducing them .....

I have it! I KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN IT! Think of Axemi-ka as COMPUTERS! They do many wonderful things, and make other things easier for you to do! Its easier to write, listen to music, watch things, talk to people, all of that. Some people name their computes like precious friends; they name them, talk to them, take care to keep them in good working order, and whatever. Other people just look at computers like, well, computers. As long as it does what it needs to do, they could care less. Most people treat Axemi-ka like Axemi-ka. As long as they do their job and stay out of the way, no one bothers with them.

Axemi-lis are....special gaming computers or ...customized computers, the ones people build from scratch. They serve extra functions, do more than a normal computer, sure. But they are just more geek-cred, and are about the form as much as they are about the function. Axemi-lis provide magical assistance; but they are a novelty item, bought for the status of owning one, not so much for what they can do. Oh, some are more valued than others (merchants of any kind would kill for a Seer, as would generals and a few civil servants).

Axemi-ter are like.......uhh....hmmm...Tablets? Super cool and fun, but they can't do shit. They are limited; what they do, they tend to do well, but outside of that, they are just...blocks of plastic. Axemi-ter are also novelty items, and outside of the usual abilities of members of their race, and their show-piece/status-boost factor, they aren't very useful.

...Does that make sense? Computers...yes. I like it. Axemi are computers.

...Field Axemi are calculators. They do a lot of hard work no one else wants to do, and aren't nearly appreciated enough.

computers, hmm? an interesting thought. In fact, a very good way of describing how all too many think of horses and servants, as though they were machines to be ridden to death and replaced, or used and discarded in some dump. Very interesting, and suddenly the entire concept makes a lot more "sense". Pre-electronic "automation", as it were. The doors open for you, the car drives itself, and letters get sent with a wave and a yawn. Only people like Mariqah Al-Hikmah the Caste-Crossing Teacher would think otherwise.

Exactly! pre-electronic automation. That's pretty much what it is. Just as different people treat their machines differently today, different people in this RP World thingy treat their Akemi differently.

alright, time to go recruiting.

good luck. I might post something for Salah sometime later today.

Is there a min. or max. for how many characters we can have? I probably won't have less than three, but it really depends on how inspired I am.

Well hmmm...
Since I want to keep this small, I don't want to put a max on characters. Obviously, no one can start out with like, five or ten characters. Starting with two or three seems reasonable; as the roleplay goes, I imagine having 8 or 9 characters will become reasonable and standard.

As I am keeping it small, I would prefer everyone to play at least 2 characters. If you want to start with one, and slowly add more, that is fine. if you want to start with 2-3 and never play any more characters, that is fine too.

I always start with 2 characters. The most I ever had a single roleplay was...10, and that was almost 2 years old.

Verbal, please read the rules carefully. I specifically said to PM me the profiles, and not to post them in the OOC. When you PM me that profiles, I will read it and tell you what I think.

Also, if anyone cares, I just spent a long time making the first post SUPER pretty.
and I renamed the roleplay.
Cause...it made sense. Ahem.
BUT PRETTY FIRST POST! Go tell me what you think. its all colorful.

Oh, wow, I was too focused on lore to look at all of that, sorry.

Sorry if this comes off bad, I'm being earnest, btw very interesting world here.

Its fine, everyone makes mistakes when they get excited. I've made plenty myself. I don't take it bad at all, I'm actually a bit honored that you went through all that so quickly; it means my world was interesting. That is good news, yes?

However, I often like to ask for revisions or alterations to a profile, and it seems more fitting to do that in PMs than in the public OOC where everyone can read them.

Well, I deleted it. I'm going to throw a copied version into notepad for now and get it back to you when I redo the formatting

Alright, but don't worry so much about the formatting. I can fix it in a moment, as long as it isn't completely shot. Its the character I am interested in, the formatting is minor.

oooh, I like the new format very much! :3 nice update!

Oh, thank you! My old roleplay forum was....not good on the whole, pretty posts thing. I got out of habit making them fancy! But I like some of the formatting options here, so...I had fun.

Right, just FYI everyone, I am going to be doing school for the rest of the night. I might be back on later tonight, but...probably won't be up to much. I will try to get back to people on character profiles, but that is like, all I can do until tomorrow. Not that there is much more going on....but...yeah.

Magus, ya gonna post as Salah? Take your time, but...I want to read his post! He seems like a fun character.

I'll try to get it up sometime either tonight or tomorrow x3