- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman

3803fad5d29b7416e8da08159d8eeff2.png
In the land of kings and monsters, the people prayed for mercy from the chaos and two gods answered. One a woman with a beauty beyond compare with flowing red hair streaked with golds of the sun and blues of the skies, and the other, a man with strength no one could best. The woman, goddess Mariun, bestowed upon her four chosen individuals objects that appeared unique only to the individual it was destined for but seemed no more than a broken trinket to those not worthy. The man, god Raoul, bestowed upon his four chosen armor that could withstand demonic magic and blades that could cut through the toughest skins. Lead by these merciful gods, they alone restored order to the chaos. It was they who founded the Order of the Destined.

362c6e505a955c7d0cac34b713ffa5f4.png
The Order of the Destined was founded by two gods, Mariun, goddess of magic and sorcery, the sky, will, and birds, and Raoul, god of earth, metal, politics, and war. Together with their Destined, they brought wonder and hope into a world were there seemed to be none. But once the two gods felt their work was done, they chose two of their destined to lead the order and continue their practise and bestowed upon them their last gift, and perhaps the most precious, knowledge to aid them in their noble quest for order.

A century had passed since the rise of the Order, and since then what started off as a humble organization has turned into one of the greatest forces of this time with branches in every kingdom far and wide. But the Castle-city of Haven was where their story had started, the seaside settlement transforming into the largest city in the kingdom, and perhaps all of the nine great kingdoms. In the center, the castle towering tall and proud over it's people. In honor of Mariun and Raoul, a queen and king with equal power are chosen to lead, and it is to them the Order has sworn their loyalty.

The Order itself resides in a now sprawling construct on the edge of the city. Built right up against the Grand Wall that protects the city of outside invasion and monstrous forces at works it houses numerous disciples with new children, whether born or recruited, coming in on a semi-regular basis, and masters that help guide these children into initiates. A work staff aids in the care of the residences and the up keep of the grounds, but are by no means servants. Disciples, initiates, members, and masters alike are expected to clean up after themselves and are in charge of their living spaces. The grounds can house children thirteen and older, keeping the younger disciples, children who are still training to become initiates, in rooms of four with two bunk beds and chests to store items, and the older disciples, those who have seen their fifteenth winter in rooms of two with two beds and chests. Once inituated upon seeing their eighteenth winter, they are given the choice to live off grounds. The younger disciples, children who are still learning about the world, often live in nursery houses off the grounds in clusters of seven with a woman and a man to look after them. Unless one or both of their parents belong to the Order, then they can stay with them until the age of thirteen.

Besides living spaces, the Order also has a large dining room where they serve three meals a day, kitchens where anyone other than kitchen staff is not allowed, training grounds for both martial and magical purposes, classrooms, and study halls. Upon entrance, one can find themselves in the main hall where announcenents are given, disciples are initiated, and members can find missions posted on the message board; however, personally assigned missions, while rare, can be arranged in many other ways. The local bath houses and other establishments such as the forges also serve the Order for recreational and intellectual purposes.

But not all is well. Recently, Destined, a pairing of one warrior of Raoul and one sorceress of Mariun, have been going missing during their assignments and the Order is starting to become worried, especially now when they are to initiate their graduating disciples and send them off on their first quest. Murmurings have started amongst the masters of whether or not they should proceed, or delay the initiation until the two missing parties can be found. If they do, it would the first initiation delayed since the Order of the Destined was established.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Nemopedia
You know, I'm curious now. Who will Gareth be paired with? And if what would they do if he were to pick them up and run away from something? From what I can tell, most of the sorceresses, both accepted and not, wouldn't appreciate it.

I was going to wait until everyone was done to pair everyone up. I also might scrap the random idea to avoid any unbalanced pairings and instead pair everyone up by their strengths and weaknesses.

• Creepy

#3366ff
Jeral Desten

Personality
+Patient: The virtue is something that comes naturally to Jeral, and that's only been refined with his training. He has little problems with waiting and watching, letting the moments drag out into hours before the perfect opportunity reveals itself. In more social situations, his demeanor remains calm and his limits seem to be as deep as the ocean.
+Flexible & Co-operative: While his resolve is unquestionable, Jeral doesn't lock himself into any particular school of thought. He welcomes the opinion and perspective of others in regards to problems, and doesn't allow himself to be caught up in arguments. Taking a step back to relax and reassess is quite known to him.
+Loyal: As mentioned, resolve is not something Jeral lacks even if devoting that to others is not something he does lightly. To those that earn his trust or he sees as worthy though, he's a formidable comrade who won't hesitate to fight for them or perhaps advise a separate course of action if he believes their current to be foolish.
-Deceptive: Lies and trickery are something that come easily to Jeral. Whether it's because he simply doesn't want to give a straight answer, or if he enjoys watching people try to puzzle out the truth, he's quite content to weave a web of white lies, omissions, and fancy tales.
-Slothful: Sometimes his patience is not a result of great character, but rather Jeral simply does not feel up to the task of doing… well anything. While certain things can excite and rouse Jeral to full attention, many more mundane tasks are weaseled out of with an excuse or simply not being around.
-Possessive: The things that belong to Jeral are all rather prized, and he's loathe to loan them around. His usual attire does not reflect this, but he does enjoy material wealth and the privileges that open up with enough coin.

Role: Magical Warrior Clause
Trinket?: His dummy object is the hooded cloak that he wears around. A fine piece of work, adorned with gold and artful patterns.
Magic Source: Animated Shadows.

Transformation Appearance: When he makes use of magic, the cloak seems to gain a life of its own. It wraps around Jeral's body, drawing close, as if to hide things away from view. It's easy to make out vague impressions of what might lie within; the form of a sheath, the slight glint of armor, the motions of his hands drawing a dagger; but the figure pulls away quickly if focused on, as if one should pay no attention to the one within. The upper half of his face is also hidden by the shadows of his cloak, revealing only a few black locks and the bottom of a jagged scar.

Spells:
Dark Flow: By shrouding his weapons, Jeral is able to leave behind lines of darkness suspended mid-air with each swing. The main purpose of the spell is to confuse opponents and create blind spots, but at this time, the lines are rather easy to take care of as touching them, with body or weapon, will disperse the darkness.
Shade Blade: By creating a layer of shadows over his weapons, his blades become extraordinarily sharp. As a result, the magic breaks easily, but allows Jeral's weapons to cut into steel and cleave bone.

■■■■■■■■■■ Power
■■■■■■■
■■■ Control
■■■■■■■■■■ Speed
■■■■
■■■■■■ Offensive

Weapons
Snicker & Snack: Both of Jeral's short swords are currently enchanted to be Conductive. They accept and hold magic far better than an average weapon, and further enchantments will not interfere with the blade's ability to accept his own magic.
Armor Appearance: Lightly armored, most of Jeral's equipment is made of leather reinforced with metal. A cuirass, vambraces, and greaves. His cloak is made of extremely tough fabric as well, and can tangle blades without being damaged in the process.
Everyday Appearance: Jeral's skin tone is a bit unusual around Haven, and his amber eyes make for a rather striking contrast. At 5'11, he's a bit taller than average and his attire is often baggy and loose-fitting. His most prominent feature is probably the scar from the bottom of his right eye to left cheek, and similar scars can be found over his body.

Attacks
Twin Fangs: Striking with both weapons at once, Jeral's strength for that single blow increases drastically.
Dance of Blades: A rapid flurry of four strikes that can target opponents around him, or focus on a single opponent to overwhelm them.
Parry & Riposte: Parry and thrust. Deflect and stab. Pretty self-explanatory.
Weapon Breaker: By using Shade Blade on both his weapons, Jeral can often create chips in his opponent's weapons. Strike after strike, hard to notice in the heat of battle, until the weapon cracks and shatters.

■■■■■■■■■■ Strength
■■■■■■■■■■ Perception
■■■■■■■■■■ Endurance
■■■■■■■■■■ Speed
■■■■■■■■■■ Agility
■■■■■■■■■■ Intelligence

Biography
• Born to an odd couple of Member and Master. Raised by his mother, the Master, while his father ran around completing missions.
• Growing up was weird. Brief flashes of classrooms, being surrounded by dozens of faces, and lots of other vague images. His mother often brought him along to the classes she taught.
• At a young age, his magical abilities became apparent. According to her, Aresi had almost panicked at the sight of shadows crawling over him, almost as if consuming him, one night. This was around four years old.
• With that in mind, his parents began to teach and train Jeral. Unfortunately, despite spending more time with his mother, it seemed that his aptitude with Magic was not enough to make Sorcerer-grade.
• Eventually, he moved out from his parents at the age of 13 and began to live with his peers. He still trained under them extra-curricularly where they imparted quite a bit to him.
• While his magical ability wasn't on par with full practitioners, the lessons and training required delayed his initiation for about a year.

Initiation Ceremony
Today… was not a good day. The thought ran through Jeral's head on repeat as he went through the motions of another morning in the Order. While others wondered about the upcoming Initiation Ceremony, he lamented that he hadn't been able to get a full eight hours of sleep. Even as he joined the crowd to flow towards the Main Hall, there was no sense of excitement or anticipation. Just a blanket of… apathy that he tried to shake as best as he could, but ultimately to no avail.

Moments ticked by and Jeral could feel the gazes of both Grand Sorceress and Grand Warrior, along with the crowd of peers to his back. Even so, he couldn't resist closing his eyes as he stifled a yawn without any other sign. Opening them, he wondered briefly if either had saw before dismissing the notion as silly and wondering if either cared. Evidently not as they called him forward, and he lurched into motion, smoothing his steps after the first.

Raising a brow at the set of armor, if only just that, he looked towards the Grand Warrior as Cider held forward a cloak wrapped bundle. Eyes widening a bit in recognition at the familiar Trinket, a smile played on Jeral's lips as he accepted the bundle with a bow. Sweeping the cloak onto his shoulders, his free hand darted out to snatch the two sheathed blades before they could clatter to the ground and interrupt the Ceremony.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
but touching the darkness causes others to feel cold and fatigued. Effects are not very prominent to begin with, but build up with contact.

I think this could be added on later.

Snicker & Snack: Both of Jeral's short swords are currently enchanted to be Conductive. They accept and hold magic far better than an average weapon, and further enchantments will not interfere with the blade's ability to accept his own magic.
Hand Crossbows: He carries a pair of these to surprise enemies with in the middle of combat. While not powerful enough to penetrate plate, the bolts still pack a punch.

Having a pair of short swords and what sounds like a pair of crossbows is a bit much o.o; I'll let you keep two max. Please and thank you.

Dance of Blades: A rapid flurry of strikes that can target all opponents around him, or focus on a single opponent to overwhelm them.

This should be narrowed down a precise, small number of oppnents.

• Creepy
Kay, edits have been made. Would throwing knives, non-magical, be acceptable as a replacement for the hand crossbows, or just leave it as is?

You feel your character needs another weapon I'll make a note of it and you can gain one later in the game :)

Dark Flow: By shrouding his weapons, Jeral is able to leave behind lines of darkness suspended mid-air with each swing. The main purpose of the spell is to confuse opponents and create blind spots, but at this time, the lines are rather easy to take care of as touching them, with body or weapon, will disperse the darkness.
Physical contact with the darkness does causes others to feel cold and fatigued. Effects are not very prominent to begin with, but build up with contact. Several touches will typically cause shivers, while dozens can cause exhaustion, and more than that can begin to kill the victim from hypothermia.

This spell is still beyond what I would consider a starting spell. Please remove the second part of the spell:

Physical contact with the darkness does causes others to feel cold and fatigued. Effects are not very prominent to begin with, but build up with contact. Several touches will typically cause shivers, while dozens can cause exhaustion, and more than that can begin to kill the victim from hypothermia.

• Creepy
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
  • Creepy
Weapon: Longsword with electricity enchantment. Contact with the blade will cause numbness.

Long swords are typically two-handed to counter balance the weight of the blade, and with a strength state of 6 plus a shield, I don't think a long sword is a good idea o.o; A regular hand-and-a-half sword would be better suited for him. Or increase the strength stat and keep the long sword, but he can't duel wield it with a shied.

Magic ability manifested when he's 9.

I don't know if I explained this but magical ability was meant only for Sorceresses ^.^; So can exclude this from your history.

• Creepy
This, uh, seems like an instant kill kind of thing o.o;

How about instead tethering her physical form she tethers her spirit? Leaving her body vulnerable? This could be a great infiltration spell that would also require outside assistance to assure her physical form isn't harmed?

I could have worded Doom differently. Changed it up.

Also good idea. Changed Haunt as well.

Zombs, fuck off. Throwing knives are my shit. Don't make me drop kick your edge lord wannabe into Free RP.

@Noctis the Devious
A bunch of things.

First off, question: doesn't being a magical warrior/warrior sorceror essentially give the individual a whole bunch more versatility and stats? It doesn't seem like their main class's abilities suffer at all due to their sub class training...which is a bit weird, considering the whole multi-classing thing.

Second off, what are the stats supposed to even equate to in real life? Because a longsword is less than 2 kg, and most of the weight comes from the base/pommel, which makes it much easier to swing around than a baseball bat or something similar. Shit's actually fairly light, so I don't think you need THAT much strength. Thought that high strength would allow you to wield weapons that are really top-heavy or normal humans can't use effectively.

Third off, if stats are just a visual representation of things, how exactly are you going to determine how fights go? Cause it seems like it's pretty much pure RNG, from what the thing reads as, currently. Are there no modifiers? How are the results of clashes determined?

Fourth off, I like the idea of random partners, because I know if it isn't random, all the ladies will be trying to pile up on Aureolis. :3 Anyways, random brings up stuff like polar opposites getting paired up together and creating a glorious hate-relationship where they power up by one-upping each other instead of working together.

First off, question: doesn't being a magical warrior/warrior sorceror essentially give the individual a whole bunch more versatility and stats? It doesn't seem like their main class's abilities suffer at all due to their sub class training...which is a bit weird, considering the whole multi-classing thing.

I considered making the 35 thing stretch between both sets of stats since Magical Warriors kind of need both of them but I thought that was silly @.@ I'm not sure how to handle this to be quite honest.

Second off, what are the stats supposed to even equate to in real life? Because a longsword is less than 2 kg, and most of the weight comes from the base/pommel, which makes it much easier to swing around than a baseball bat or something similar. Shit's actually fairly light, so I don't think you need THAT much strength. Thought that high strength would allow you to wield weapons that are really top-heavy or normal humans can't use effectively.

Oh my bad Dx I think I got confused between what he was describing and the sword in the picture which was essentially a great sword. Mostly I've just been going off the "5 rule". If your stat is five than it's average. Above 5 is above average. 10 means you're pretty damn good in that area, and anything between 1-2 means you aren't particularly good in that area.

EDIT: Anything below 5 is below average.

Third off, if stats are just a visual representation of things, how exactly are you going to determine how fights go? Cause it seems like it's pretty much pure RNG, from what the thing reads as, currently. Are there no modifiers? How are the results of clashes determined?

Hope you don't mind but I used your system for the combat v.v; Out of all the ways to limit players, I found written stats cause the least amount of problems compared to having to write out strengths and weaknesses because then flavored text gets in the way and comparisons are made that are hard to imagine and it's just a whole lot simpler to just have players see their character's stats for themselves. I'm not saying it's a perfect system, but one that worked well for me, and one I've seen handled on a couple occasions without the use of dice. Also, as I mentioned before, in the case of PVP it's kind of hard to argue over which character is stronger or faster when it's clearly written out who's faster or stronger ^.^;

Fourth off, I like the idea of random partners, because I know if it isn't random, all the ladies will be trying to pile up on Aureolis. :3 Anyways, random brings up stuff like polar opposites getting paired up together and creating a glorious hate-relationship where they power up by one-upping each other instead of working together.

I actually tested this out and I found the pairings were kind of unbalanced @.@ Payton was paired up with Aureolis but neither one of them can take a hit, so I wasn't sure how well that would work out in a combat. Aurora on the other hand, may not pack much of a punch but she's more of a defensive fighter and paired off with Gareth who is essentially a tank with both a high strength and endurance stat made for a heavily defensive team. But I can keep them as is if it makes you feel any better? Though I'll be randomly generating them again once everyone is done with their sheets. This way there's 1/4 chance to end up with an opposing girl or guy than 1/2 ^.^;

• Creepy
I could have worded Doom differently. Changed it up.

Also good idea. Changed Haunt as well.

I tentatively accept :)

• Creepy
A regular hand-and-a-half sword would be better suited for him.
Well, that is what I meant with longsword actually. I'll edit it for better clarification then.

I don't know if I explained this but magical ability was meant only for Sorceresses ^.^; So can exclude this from your history.
Ah, then I would need to think up another reason for him joining up then.

Last edited:
Well, that is what I meant with longsword actually. I'll edit it for better clarification then.

Sorry, as mentioned in my reply to Erode I think I got your sword confused with the one in the picture o.o; That was mostly my bad ^.^;

• Creepy
Beastmen.

Beastmen is the net term for any animal, human hybrid. In reality there are many separate species, as many as there are races for humans if not more, and females exist, though they are rare and fiercely protected. Beastmen coalesce into tribes, with the various species working together towards a common goal. Their leader is often times either the strongest or the most cunning, being able to smash any competition or skillfully convincing them to work for him. The few Beastlords, the title given to the leaders of the tribes by man and the ones they gladly accept, that manage to combine both strength and cunning have always earned their places in history. The greatest and most feared of these Beastlords has been recorded simply as Doombull, for his name in the beastmen tongue is impossible for mankind to pronounce (though it has been tried). He alone united many tribes and marched on the grand Tower of Uyand. He and his warherd laid siege for several months, sucking the land dry and feasting on those killed in battle. Doombull would have won had help not arrived in the form of an army sent by the Order. Even then the following battle was a close and hard fought one, finally ending when Doombull himself was killed, quivers of arrows and dozens of weapons stuck in his thick hide and knotted hair, and his warherd shattered.

Though savage, the cunning of Beastmen is not to be underestimated. A single tribe can easily take on a force twice it's size thanks to their strength and cunning. There are, however, a case of a 'civilized' Beastmen tribe who are willing to interact with the outside races through means other then war. The leader of the 'civilized' Trokin tribe, a shaman named Mordoon, is trying his best to strengthen relations. Why he has suddenly decided to do this is as of yet unknown.

Strengths, Abilities, & Other Information.
-Most men come up to the bottom of an average male beastman. Female beastmen, however, are as tall as a human if not smaller.
-Female beastmen are much more caring then their male counter parts, and rather shy. It should be considered an honor if a female beastman introduces herself to you.
-The horns of a beastman often denote social rank. The larger and more impressive the horns, the higher the standing. However, this does not always mean that a chief has large, impressive horns, though most chiefs do have horns that would fit that criteria.
-Beastmen are strong and durable, even without weapons or armor.
-Not the dumbest things, and are able to reason out strategies.
-They eat the dead, both theirs and others. This is seen as a sign of respect, for you are becoming a part of something stronger then what you were.

Weaknesses
-
If you manage to catch the eye of a female, or even befriend one, then the tribe the female belongs to will begrudgingly not kill you if only to please the female.
-Their tactics are often simple. If you do not over estimate them, then you will survive.
-Most men cannot match their strength, but many people can outmatch them when it comes to dexterity. Dodge and turn aside their strikes.
-They often times use heavy weapons. They cause major damage when they manage to land a strike, but are slow and cumbersome. And if they were to miss....
Another race.

Last edited:
You know you guys can add your own place names :P

• Creepy
Status
Not open for further replies.