1. Between midnight and 3am tonight (central time) there will be an upgrade performed to the server's storage system.  This will result in approximately 30 minutes of downtime.  In the future this will allow for hardware upgrades/migrations without any downtime.  No site data will be lost, but please keep local copies of any posts you are actively working on around that time.

Warning: Maintenance will begin in approximately 1 hour.  (Midnight Server Time) Please keep local copies of works in progress.

One who corrects customs by laughing at them. (Greetings.)

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by castigat, Sep 16, 2014.

1. In reference to the title: castigat ridendo mores. I shortened it here because ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Yo. I'm castigat. I'm horrendous at introductions and have the attention span ranging between a sandwich and a saint. It really depends on what the thing requiring my attention is.
    That said, my resume is going to be pretty bare until I figure things out, because when I'm put on the spot by something outside of myself, my brain packs up and leaves. Gone. Nada. Nothing left. Peace out, brother.

I am insanely laid-back. My entire being is made of Teflon when it matters (which pisses people off a lot). I can go from caring too much about something to not caring at all in a couple of seconds flat, which is a blessing and a curse. How that applies to anything here? Just means I try to be as open-minded as possible, don't give a flying fart in space about most things.

I am senselessly sadistic toward characters, but empathetic to a fault when it comes to real people. It's a walking paradox; my imagination could run wild when I'm angry, yet my voice and face is cheery.
    An accurate way to describe this would be "Urge to kill rising. ^_^"

I have absolutely no clue what to put here, so I'm just spewing finger diarrhea in hopes it'll work out. I've been writing since 5ever. I have a symbiotic relationship and approach to characters and their portrayal, something that makes me come off as schizophrenic at the best of times. Sometimes I'm deliberately vague to piss people off; other times I am so because my brain clocks out the very moment it's put on the spot (like now). Ask me a question that doesn't have a definitive right or wrong answer, duhuhhh, what? (Although I do admit that I love being a philosophical quack.)

To keep this from becoming too long-winded and reduced to a verbose 'wah-wah-wah' in Ben Stein's voice, I'll just touch up on the things mentioned in the survey provided for this forum:
    - Pick something. Cas works for now. I don't divulge nicknames right off the bat unless I feel like it. inb4 Supernatural references, although I totally am him. I kick ass for the Lord. (I don't.)
    - I'll leave identity up to you.
    - I'm older than sin nearly a thousand a dinosaur old enough to know better a 21-year-old with the mind of a crotchety 60-year-old. Get off my lawn you damn whippersnappers.
    - New to the site, not to roleplaying. I still remember when T-type roleplaying was a thing—and I mean, a popular thing. When roleplaying was still defined by it and everyone looked like a bunch of Yu-Gi-Oh players yelling I PUT BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON IN ATTACK MODE -connect-
    (That's not meant to be insulting. I hope none of you think it is.)
    - I used to do a lot of group roleplays, but I haven't found a site that spurs me to want to do them anymore. I like a relaxed setting nowadays, so I'm the one-on-one type of person. There aren't as many variables to worry about. That isn't to say I can't be convinced, but you know what, get right on that Sisyphus.
    - Cherry blossoms are pretty great, especially if you're into Saiyuki and gross amounts of feeling. If you know what I'm talking about, you're welcome.
    - I have a song from Psycho-Pass playing right now. It's instrumental. I'd love to break every glass item in the vicinity and everyone's eardrums, but thankfully you're spared.

/backflips away

2. The attention span of a sandwich. This is the greatest thing I have ever heard. O_O

Welcome to the site Cas who is not Castiel but like him!

3. Ha, thank you (on both accounts). Although I do have a fair bit more emotion than my feathered friend. Maybe, somewhere, there is a heaven of sandwiches with short attention spans.

4. Hey! I'm Domeki Sato I welcome you! Need a buddy gimmie a shout

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hai o..o I like type words~
    *waves and giggles*
    Welcome^^ I really hope you like your stay~
    Please message me anytime^^