One Punch Man: Where are they now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Light could be used to dodge attacks, interfere with radio transmissions, give people cancer, teleport... electrons could be used to interfere with electrical signals, hack machines...

So basically the ultimate elrctrokinesis/ electromancer character. The magneto of electricity and energy variants. That's pretty mad powerful. How come you want your character to end up rank C? You don't have to start at rank C. In fact, with your characters motives, shouldn't she be gunning for rank S? It's certainly better paid

So basically the ultimate elrctrokinesis/ electromancer character. The magneto of electricity and energy variants. That's pretty mad powerful. How come you want your character to end up rank C? You don't have to start at rank C. In fact, with your characters motives, shouldn't she be gunning for rank S? It's certainly better paid
Well, she can't actually use lightning to attack, except when holding a power source and physically touching the opponent. I'm bored of using electromancy for ultimate destructive powers. This one is purely a utility power, it has very little offensive use, and as such, given the tests are mainly physical and output based, her power would come across as being very weak. She's Rank C as opposite to how Punchy dude was in the anime - great at the intelligence tests but rather poor at the physical ones.

Okay fair enough. But isn't part of the test a standing jump and running? With being able to move through electrons couldn't she just fly pretty much? And if she turns into light particles, couldn't she run at the speed of light? Same with the side hops actually. The only thing she might fail on is the punching machine. If that was the case she'd be at least rank A

Eh, it's been a while so I don't remember the tests very well. Let's settle at B then.

Haha. If you really want to be rank C that's fine with me. I don't mind, we'll make it work somehow. I just kinda thought the character would try to do everything to get the better paid job. It could be that she answers her written test in Japanese instead of English and predominantly fails that side? So it's not that she's stupid but she expected there to be translators or something? I feel like we could make it a joke somehow

Um, yknow One Punch Man is set in Japan, right? Or is this an alternate American one?

Well, it's set in a fictional conglomerate of Japanese cities anyway.

That's a point that I forgot to mention. I was actually going to have the opm world set on a pangea landmass type thing. When talking about Japan etc, in this universe it would end up being an area or island just off the big landmass. But gerally everything happens on the continent and is spread out between huge city areas with the main or most standard language being English. Of course other all other languages exist, but for the purposes of this RP itd just be easier if everyone predominantly spoke English

You could always just extend the city system a bit. Japan isn't big enough on its own to fit in 26 large cities as it does in the show, and it also has terrain types you don't find in Japan, so I figured in that world, Japan had taken over the world at some point.

So here you'd make A - Z be a selection of Japanese-speaking cities, and city 1-26 or whatever be a collection of English speaking cities and so on. Then characters could get transferred to different cities with different languages and still retain any language-based parts of their backstory.

That's a fucking good idea. Yeah sure. We could even make joke references to it in the RP. I'm not going to lie, I can't be bothered to come up with a huge backstory as to how all that happened, but having it as a vague running joke sounds great to me

If you wanna flesh out that concept in game, feel free. I've no problem with my players adding to the world or even just their own characters lore etc.

Alright, random concept:

At one point, there was a villain who was trying to bring back the dinosaurs. He thought the best way to do this would be to make Pangaea again. So he did. It didn't succeed in bringing back the dinosaurs though.

After that, there was a bunch of political problems, like "well where the hell are we supposed to put our borders now!?" and "How are we supposed to rebuild all our civilisations since the earthquakes from moving the continents destroyed them all!?" so in the end, a Big Council of People was created, and it identified all the good places to build cities in. Those places were then distributed amongst the countries according to their remaining population and state of technological advancement.

Tbf, I was thinking a lot less specific than that, but

We could say that when they moved to Pangaea, instead of dinosaurs, they unearthed monsters. Thus, the monster crisis

Btw, I'll get working on a first post later tonight. I'll post the link in this thread

You should make an actual OOC thread first, imo. A second round to get people in :D

Status
Not open for further replies.