One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then the marine decided to lose it. There was a cry of outrage and Julius took a step forward, a kunai in one hand and a small satchel of explosive in the other, both hidden, just as another Marine came between the two, her blade threatening the instigating Marine. He didn't care to hear what was said though he saw the katana slash across the instigator's chest but after... he got his confirmation. There were Marines in this town who abused the people but there were also those who stood up for them, native or not.

He slipped the weapons back into his pouches, settling back now that there was someone between the two. Yet the party seemed far from over as yet another Marine appears from seemingly nowhere. Julius could feel it even if he couldn't see it, a change in the wind that revealed it wasn't so easy as a teleport, he was forcing himself through the air somehow. He was tempted now, to watch the feuding Marines, knowing about each might prove useful if he stayed on the island longer than necessary.

Looking back and forth around the crowd, Reimu would grow both uneasy in her eyes as well as show a great deal of disgust because of the lower-ranking marine's actions, ~To think I have to tend to that man.. Sickening how deep the corruption really goes.. But this may be a problem with Caim and Brito.. Oh dear.. Not a good day whatsoever..~ with a sigh, her eyes intensify and her brows arch inward, she steps forward a little to let her presence known, barking out, "Back up everyone, it's not safe to remain too close. I don't need any others to patch up for being oblivious." Some of the other lower-end marines would murmur in slight surprise, "What's going on? Three officers of the base here so soon? And with what's going on, I don't think it's good.." Lieutenant Kairo would look towards some of them and her brows arch again, "Well, what are you doing? Get these citizens to safe distances, yourselves as well. And don't let your drunken asses follow this fool's example doing so or you'll have my foot in your face. Move it!"

Caim's muscles didn't move even an inch. He had full control of his body. What he hid was that he was still not at 100% because of the too short rest.
"I did see it, and there is a punishment for attempted murder. This goes for the marine just as it goes for you.
I'm sorry Brito, but you're under arrest. If you don't surrender, you'll leave me no other choice but to use force.
...Please. I don't want to fight you like this."

Upon hearing that Brito will be punished for attempted murder, the marine was in shock from realizing that the same would happen to him. He moved himself up and tried to run away, but was immediately caught by his fellow marines. As stupid as they were, not even one of them wanted to draw the attention of ether one of the higher ranked marines to them.

When the marine shoved Kyy aside he fell to the ground and shrugs. Not like he cared what happened to him anyway. After Caim shows up he stands up and starts sneaking off, trying not to draw attention to himself. That wasn't hard considering he was dressed in a similar fashion as the civilians. He spots and catches up to Dante. "Yo! Thanks for the help!" He laughs. He looks at the fishwoman. "You okay?"

" What a scene that was " he said rubbing the back of his head, but then he lost sight of the fishgirl " DAMNIT! " he shouted outloud making a few people look at him but then walk away. " I had so many questions for her " he said making his way through the crowd scanning but coming up short of nothing. He sighed and began to walk towards the bar as he needed something give him a good time.

It took Emrik far longer to reach the town. After all he was not blessed with the speed that lightning granted. Still, he thought as his feet trudged across the sand, he didn't mind really. Walking gave him time to think, and time to think was what he needed right now. Emrik's mind raced through all the possibilities that could happen in the next few hours. Everything from how to reward his small crew if everything went perfectly, to what would happen if he needed to engineer a prison break from Base thirteen. The last wasn't even the worst case scenario, but it would be the most bothersome.

On foot or not or foot Emrik still made the town in a decent amount of time. Upon arrival he noticed there was a small crowd gathered at one end of it and he cautiously made his way over nearly groaning in frustration when he realized one of his own men was part of it. True the marines were now arguing with themselves, but Kyy was still close enough to get caught in the middle if he wasn't careful. Emrik maneuvered around the edge of the crowd until he was sure Kyy could see him and paused. "What happened?" he asked a small woman next to him.
"Well," she replied, "there was a fish girl, and the injured marine was drunk enough to pick a fight until the captain intervened, and then the commander though she was going over board and stepped in."
"A fish girl?" Emrik asked blandly.
"Aye, a fish girl. True I ain't never really seen one before, but I've read enough books to know. I wonder why she didn't stay on the grand line. They're supposed to after all." The woman laughed, "Ha ha shows what I know. If I lived on that sea I'd leave too. Anyway she walked off a moment ago. The young man there should too."
"Thank you." Emrik told her. He then tipped his hat and turned nearly bumping into a pale haired man with a green scarf. "Excuse me." He muttered walking away.

Hopefully Kyy would be intelligent enough to get the message and leave while he had a chance.
Behind him he heard one marine telling the other that she was under arrest, and turning back for one last look he saw Kyy sneaking away. Good, so the boy had some brains after all.

Smiling Emrik headed for the nearest shop in search of supplies.

Last edited:
Julius had watched enough to know that Brito was, at the very least, on the same side as he was, if not the same allegiance and that this Commander, whoever he was, wasn't. It was time for an entrance. As the Marines were corralling the civilians back, he slipped past the line, making a point to be not in the way of anything immediate but enough to make him stick out.

"You don't have to fight her, you know. I think I speak for most sober people here when I say that that drunken fool over there still threatened Brito with a gun and I think that we can all agree with common sense on this part that in his condition, this particular Marine could just as easily fired on an officer as he would an unarmed civilian. Brito cutting him down was nothing more than defending herself and I have no doubt that if she wanted to, she could have killed him but the fact that he remains alive and cowering is proof that she held back and merely delivered a warning. You are quite right in saying that he should be punished severely but unless you handle things on this island far differently than on others and so far I would think so, I would say that Brito, at worst, should receive a minour reprimand for the sheer sake that she could have used the back of the blade and not made such a mess."

Hearing a man speak out, Reimu's eyes lock on to the figure and observes, scrutinizing every inch as she remains silent. ~I've never seen this man around town before.. Considering what's going on today, I won't be surprised he isn't a local. I don't like this situation as is but if this man somehow makes it worse.. Oh dear, sometimes I wonder if my duties as a doctor isn't wasted. Not everyone gets what they want after all.~ With a mental sigh, and a shift in expression, she looks back on to the situation ahead as her Marine coat 'cape' drifts in the wind.

Brito scoffed. How ironic. A Marine captain being arrested by a Marine commander. Brito didn't know what to think of the situation. In the back of her mind, she wanted to cut Caim down. He was much too confident for her liking. Yet, she couldn't help but admire is dedication to the Marines, whether it was flawed or not.

Brito listened to the words of one of the onlookers. She glanced at him. From the way he dressed, he was possibly a traveler. Brito could smell a hint of sea breeze on him as his torn, green scarf flowing behind him. In a way, the stranger was right. But, Caim was right as well. She didn't want them to have their fight like this. Especially in front of others. Brito quickly sheathed her katana, standing tall in her spot. If she was going to be arrested, she might as well take it with unwavering pride.

"Go ahead. I'd rather be arrested than become the type of person I hate the most."

However, in the back of her head, Brito was worried about the outcome of all of this. She had no idea where this was going. Brito grabbed at Caim's collar, pulling him closer to her face. "Don't get so damn cocky," Brito growled. Noticing Caim was about to retaliate from her sudden roughness, Brito grabbed his sword by its blade, letting it cut into the skin of her palm. She shoved him away from her, putting her wrists together.

"Let's go."

This whole situation was still not how he would have liked it to progress, but it was better than fighting each other. He looked at the Marines after Brito pushed him out of her way.
"Attention! Return to your duties, and if i hear anything about another Marine abusing his or her position, i will drag you all the way to the base through the sand by myself. And also: Any marine who drank alcohol in the last few hours will come with me as well. Did i made myself clear?"
The marines saluted and answered with "Yes Sir!" before trying to clear the crowd away. Several Marines accompanied them, and with the sober ones remaining, the crowd was taken care of peacefully.

Caim's mood hit rock bottom as this all was over. He didn't want to arrest Brito since he did have great respect for her, even some companionship as well. But there was no other choice. Thanks to her cooperating, the punishment would at least be lowered to probably just a few weeks in prison.
Caim, Brito, and the Marines made it to the car. It's engines started and with that, it made it's way back to Base 13.

"My name? It's..." The fishwoman hesitated, not sure if she could trust the man. "Lorelei. My name is Lorelei." She finally blurted out, inwardly cussing herself out at telling her identity so quickly. She smiled at the other boy with pointy teeth, slowing down to let the humans catch up. "I'm fine. Thank you for asking." Her black eyes looked around at the different buildings, hoping she could find somewhere where she might be able to find some food. Her stomach was starting to eat itself as she walked, or at least it felt like it.

"i'm glad to hear your not hurt young miss lorelei." he said with a slight bow as he walked with her. "perhaps after kyy here pays for your dinner you could tell us more about yourself." he said with a smile at both finding an interesting person and roping the good doctor into buying something to eat. "after all its only good manners for your savior to make sure your well." dante had a mischievous glint in his eye at his last remark. wondering if the good doctor would try to wiggle out of it.

During the ride, Brito crossed her legs, keeping her gaze focused on the window adjacent from her. She hadn't spoke a word since her surrender, too angry at herself and everyone else to think straight. Brito looked down at her injured hand, the dry crusts of blood smearing on her skin near the wound. The wound itself was healing, though the wound still looked bright red.

She couldn't care less if the wound became infected. She's been through worse. Like, right now. Brito growled at her predicament, balling her injured hand into a fist, only to flinch from the pain.

Lorelei blushed and quickly shook her head. "Oh, no, you don't have to do that. I'm not hungry anyways." Well that was a total lie, she thought. She was quite hungry and probably shouldn't have gone on land to get food. She was so sick of fish though. It was bland eating them raw, besides trying to catch one while keeping up with the boat. The meat tasted horrible raw, and she just wanted a nice hot meal. However, she wouldn't let the human pay for her meal.

As the situation died down and the crowds cleared, Lt. Kairo would be standing in the middle of the street, looking back at the base as Caim's vehicle drove away. Her eyes dulled out and although her visage looked neutral as ever, one could tell it was a sad one. Standing there for a few more minutes as she stares off, she exhales through her nose and paces her way to the vehicle she had rode to the town and got inside, speaking to the driver, "Let's go.. I've done what I needed to do.." And with a nod, the driver remains silent as he read the mood of the entire event, shifting the car into gear and drives off towards the base. ~Brito.. Caim.. What are we to do. What a mess.~

Kyy nods. "We insist. You deserve it with what you just had to deal with." He looks at Dante and thinks to himself, "You better pay me back..." "Come, let's get you some food."

To be honest, the lack of reaction didn't surprise Julius - he had guessed that things might have gone on for too long. The people had learned they were helpless before the Marines, who had only become more arrogant - the incident with the fishman making it all to clear. Some of the officers it seemed had a true sense of justice but more had the same arrogance, or at least misplaced justice. He hated it. Hated that such power could corrupt to this point. He had seen it before, early in his journey aboard the Ravenfall. All it took to destroy the Marine presence on the island had been a group of irreverant, rebellious pirates.

He smiled to himself. There was a powderkeg in this port waiting for a spark. Sure, he didn't have it on his own - sense made little impact upon the Commander it seemed. But it would come.

"A noble sacrifice but foolish..."he murmured. "To fall for the hypocrisy of the Marines."

Julius had never had any respect for such groups - he refused to even acknowledge that they had any power. Time would erode away at this place - the patience and complacency of the citizen would wane and then... BOOM! He shook his head and slipped his way through the crowds; if basic common sense had no effect, then only violence remained and that was a path he didn't walk alone.

For now, he made a beeline for the nearest shop; he still needed food and such before he could set sail.

"indeed, besides it doesn't take a scientist to see that your hungry." he said looking around at all the different shots. "your choice of restaurant young miss lorelei, i insist" he said with a gentle smile inwardly laughing at kyy for taking the bait. he didn't want to leave this girl just yet as she interested him, and what better way to get to know a lady than over dinner? he mused the thought of asking her thoughts on joining a pirate crew but decided it might scare her away and so thought to take it slow. "if we're lucky a restraunt might have a stage or some kind of musical instrument" he thought aloud as he watched the girl, he didn't know what but someting peak'ed his interest, perhaps that she was on land, or perhaps that she was so far away from the grand line, whatever the case he watched her.

Lorelei sighed and shook her head. "Men..." She muttered before accepting the two's request. "Fine, I guess we're going to a restaurant..." She ran a hand through her hair, frustrated. She felt instincts tell her to bite something so she could appease her growing irritation. She mentally told her instincts to shove it up their ass. Walking toward the nearest bar she could find, she walked in, keeping her hood up to hide her face. Humans laughed and drank, enjoying themselves as they play fought. Lorelei just wanted to get a quick bite then get out of the village and back into the water.

"Order what you want hun then let's get out of here. I don't like places like this." He sits down to relax a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.