One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caim listened to her words again, and the fact that she heard of his training lifted his spirits enough to put him in his usual neutral mood.
He moved his upper body up again and turned to her.
"Sounds fun. How about today? Not right now of course, but later.
Waterclaw and i will gladly take your challenge, no matter when it comes."
With that said, he stood up and walked over to Brito, and as he was close enough, he held his hand to her for a handshake.
"Don't hold back though. I love the challenge."

Lorelei kept the cloak drawn over her, afraid that someone might notice her strange appearance. It kept her from the sun's direct heat, which she was very grateful for. Humans of all different shapes and sizes ran through the streets, laughing and some yelling. She noticed that the marine members were laughing around the town, generally having what seemed to be a good time. The citizens, however, seemed to be afraid of them. Why would that be? She wondered. The marines were suppose to protect the humans, not make them fear them. That was the fishman's job according to a few that had seen the surface world. She honestly just wanted to be friends with them. She watched silently, not looking where she was going and bumping into a marine soldier by accident, the hood of the cloak she stole coming down to reveal her face.

The small boat glided over the water easily, almost as if it weren't sailing but hovering over it. The sail was full blown, the strong tailwind propelling it forward. At the tiller was a young man with silver hair, his azure eyes fixed upon the growing landmass in front of him. Julius smiled at the sight of the landmass; he was making good time - it had only been a little over a day since he had last made landfall. For most it would've been 5-6 days sailing but for him, he hardly had to do anything. Making a minour adjustment to the heading he headed straight for the main harbour.

It was a bold move for him, especially when he had a bounty on his head. Of course, that bounty was six years old and the entire crew of the The Ravenfall had gone under with the ship four years ago. Supposedly. As far as he knew, he was the only survivour of the Red Raven Pirates, though now he held no allegiance but to himself. Most of the other towns he had been in had no clue who he was, they had even taken down the wanted posters for his crewmates once the wreckage and the occasional body had started washing up. He had managed to get to a landing boat in the middle of the storm after the mast had snapped, taking a large part of the main deck with it, and ride it out.

He had managed to bring a small pack of food with him and he was surviving on it. Oddly enough, when he had gotten onto the boat there had been a chest there, one that looked suspiciously like Captain Gregerovich's chest. There wasn't much time to think about it once the ship started to break in half. He remembered falling into the ocean and losing sight of The Ravenfall quickly before blacking out. His luck held out though and he managed to get out of the storm; unfortunately he had no idea where he was. Picking a random direction, he set sail, fervently praying it would lead him to land.

Julius shook his head to clear his thoughts. The merchants at the last island had been truthful: Sabaku Island did lie to the Southwest. He was runnign out of food and water plus a bit of relaxation would have been nice.

Last edited:
Brito nodded, letting her hand slide into Caim's hand, shaking it firmly. "Of course. It wouldn't be fair if I didn't give my all," she said, her eyes lighting up in excitement. Brito had always loved a good fight, even if she lost in the end. And, from what she could tell, Caim was a formidable opponent. The fire in his eyes alone gave away his passion and strength.

Saying "goodbye" to Caim, Brito left the bar, in search of her underlings. Knowing them, especially in their drunken states, they could be wandering anywhere. Wreaking havoc. Brito shivered at the last thought. She had better hurry. As Brito walked down the long street of businesses, she tried her best to ignore the stares she received. Brito, standing at a height of 6'2", was hard to miss. Especially with her long, white Marine coat billowing behind her.

After searching for what felt like forever underneath the hot Sun, Brito decided on finding the pirates by herself. With all of the time she wasted, the Black Moon pirates were most likely on land. If only they realized what they were getting themselves into. Brito smirked, curious as to how strong each member was. She gripped the handle of her katana once more, relishing in the thought.

Brito was pulled out of her stupor by the scene before her. A fishwoman was currently being harassed by a Marine soldier. 'A fishwoman? What a rarity,' Brito mused. She continued walking closer to the scene, wondering if the soldier was one of her own men. However, her suspicions were answered when she saw it was a lower ranking soldier she had never seen before

"Oi!" Brito called out, addressing the Marine rather than the fishwoman. "What's going on here?"

Last edited by a moderator:
After the little chat he had with Brito, Caim went back to the room he had rented in the local INN. Relaxing was part of getting stronger too since the muscles needed time to rest as well.
He went to the small table he had there and opened a book. It was his own Diary, although 'Training Records' was the more fitting term. He wrote his progress down on every day, always keeping track of his progress and making sure to improve at least a little on every day. Many thought that his training was going too far since he pushed his body too much, and because of that some people worried about him, including the Base 13'th doctor. But that didn't make him stop. After all, he was the one who knew when his body was pushed too far and taking damage.

As his notes were written down, he rested on the bed, leaving the book open on the table. He stared at the ceiling and closed his eyes after some time to take a little nap. His window was opened, so he would hear it if something happened.

Walking down the hall past Caim's room, Lieutenant Reimu Kairo would have her gaze glued to a book in her hand, the other holding a small medical bag. Stopping as she enters the main area of the Inn, where the noise is greatest, she shuts her book and looks towards the barkeep, her eyes as cold as ever but it would be greeted with a small smile, and a true one at that, "I advise you let your daughter rest for the next day or two and keep any trouble away from her room. She'll be well rested by that time and can resume helping you, until then, keep her bed-ridden. And don't worry your head, I'll just take a nice cup of your best tea and pay for it anyways, I don't see why I need to bother you with expenses. No taxing on my part either." Hearing that likely made the bartender surprised among other things she thought, already placing down plenty of beri to cover any single drink to offer.

Kyy woke up late and looks around, wiping the sleep from his eyes. "Hmm? Where is everyone?" He stands up and walks into town, looking for his crew mates. He spots a fishwoman being harassed and runs over. "Leave her be." He stands between the marine and the fishwoman.

Emrik sighed when he left the boat realizing that the ship's doctor must have gone ashore without checking with him first. That gut was going to get an earful when he got a hold of him. How often had Emrik warned his crew about causing trouble? How often had he told them they were stopping at an island with a marine base only because they needed supplies. And not they not only had to dodge the marines to get the supplies, but find Kyy as well.
Emrik was not happy.

"Remind me to put the kid on chore duty for a week." Emrik told Dante as he settled his feet in the sand and started off towards the town.

"i might have done the same as him if it wasn't for my training." dante spoke as he looked around. "the ships location is rather safe but it would be wise to keep track of time, as the only member without a bounty i can get away with being casual, shall i try to find any particular information sire?" he felt as if he should have some fun while he is here and since the marines hadn't taken notice of him yet he felt slightly more free than the others. though it was mostly him wanting the fun. "it might also give me a change to keep a eye on our marine friends seeing how the good doctor is currently wandering around town." he added as a quick remark before turning to the path toward the village.

"The two of you are going to be the death of me yet," Emrik muttered pulling his hat down lower to shade his eyes. "Yes, yes, All right you can go off on your own. Keep an ear out for any marine activity, positions, sailing schedules, moral, that sort of stuff. If you see Kyy make sure he behaves himself, and if you can avoid it, don't drag any civilians into anything dangerous!"
Some days Emrik wondered why he even bothered. He'd never intended to become a pirate captain, but now that he was one hoped he might at least find a manageable crew. So much for that dream.
"If at all possible I want everyone back at the ship by high noon. No sense in getting lost on a desert island at that hour." Emrik figured it was roughly nine in the morning at the moment so that should give everyone plenty of time to do what was needed.

As the bluffs of Sabaku Island grew in his vision, Julius slowly calmed the winds behind his sail, bringing them to more natural level. He still made good time to the shore but he didn't want to draw unnecessary attention to himself - he was a devil fruit user and if he wasn't a marine, chances were he was a pirate. He drifted up to the jetty, letting his inertia carry him forward. As soon as he was close enough, he jumped onto the dock, mooring rope in hand. Taking a minute to stretch and readjust his visor and scarf, he then secured his craft. Checking his pockets, he figured he had enough beri to grab at least another two weeks of food if need be but before that, he had to know the heading for the next island.

Even he didn't really know where he was going. He was just hopping from island to island gathering information as he went. He had heard tales of many things beyond the South Blue and the adventurer in him wanted to find out what they were. Without a proper crew though, he was pretty much locked to this sea. That didn't stop him though; would not stop him either. Walking along the docks, he noticed the seeming plethora of Marines. Of course, they didn't give him a second glance but he was ever watchful.

"Too many to just be a ship in port," he muttered.

That and he hadn't seen a ship in that port capable of transporting all that he had seen so far. As he saw more of them, he was able to compare them to the townspeople. It seemed like the civilians were afraid of them, going through great pains to not even be near them if possible. Casting his gaze around, he saw the Marine base past a number of buildings.

"No wonder they're afraid," he said softly. "It's hard not to when you have warmongerers living at your doorstep."

Weaving his way through the streets, he was careful not to provoke anyone by accidentally stabbing them with one of the sharp tines of the chakrams hanging from his belts. Sidestepping and sidling through with all the grace he could muster - more than his fair share's worth - he began to hear the sounds fo a scuffle in progress. With more determination than before, he pushed forward only to come to the outskirts of a more open area where a Marine was confronting a fishman and the human that seemed to be protecting it. He couldn't help his curiosity of the fishman though - he had only heard of them but he recognized the appearance easily. They were supposedly much stronger than normal humans, so why did this one seem to be...cowering? No, that wasn't the right word. Hesitant. Nonconfrontational. Something like that.

"but of course, i need not harm the innocents, however i cannot agree to anything should someone anger me." he reminded the captain before seemingly vanishing. he reappeared in an alleywaynear the docks, he walked out and began strolling across hearing a commotion he turned and sweat dropped at the scene, the doctor of the ship, a marine, and a rather rare sight: a fishwomen. a slight twitching past before he steeled himself and caught a glimpse of a rather gorgeous woman who apparently was another marine as she walked over and yelled at the marine and fishwomen. seeing the situation as hopeless he did what any pirate would do. he stayed back and watched to see what would happen, a bounty of 15 mil was surely going to be noticed soon. and decided it would be rather fun to see the doctor in action. seeming to forget his previous mission he stood casually his sword propping him up as he used it as a cane.

Lorelei stood up slowly as the marine glared, pushing the boy who had tried to defend her out of the way. "Oh nothing, sir. Just a little fish out of her pond. I was going to put the poor thing out of her misery." He threw a punch, drunk of his rocker and not caring about consequences. Lorelei quickly dodged, pulling her hood up. The marine glared and pulled out his gun, pointing it at the fishwoman's head. Lorelei froze, pretending to be scared. That would satisfy him enough to leave her alone, right? "Are you scared, little fishy?" The marine asked, pushing it to her temple. "With one little click I can blow your brains out." He laughed as Lorelei rolled her eyes, waiting for something interesting to happen. She didn't care about this lowlife and she wasn't going to show that she cared. So she stood there, slowly flipping him off secretly, only people looking at her hand at the time could have seen the quick gesture. Unfortunately, one of those people was the marine who became angry. "Why you little bitch!" His finger stared to pull on the trigger.

• Love
Reactions: Detective Zero
In the blink of an eye, Brito was in between the fishwoman and the Marine, her katana's blade resting at the Marine's throat.

"What do you think you're doing?" Brito asked, malice laced in each word. The Marine cowered slightly, recognizing Brito from her coat. "Captain Brito! I-it's not what it looks like! This fishwoman tried to rob me of everything I have!" The expression on Brito's face made it obvious she was disinterested in the Marine's obvious lie. Brito saw everything. He was the one who started it all.

"You didn't address me earlier," Brito interjected, the Marine's ramblings being cut short. He looked at her, dumbfounded. "H-huh?" he blurted out. Brito looked directly in the man's eyes, her gray eyes duller than usual. With his guard down, Brito took the chance to slash at the lower ranked Marine's chest, blood splattering against her skin and barely missing her coat. She lowered her guard, looking down at the Marine as he placed a hand over his newly made wound.

"A-ah! I'm bleeding! What the hell?! I could have died, you b-" Brito lifted her katana, aiming the tip between the man's eyes. His eyes went up to Brito's face, which was twisted into a face of disgust. "Did you think about that when you assaulted this unarmed fishwoman? Did you think about that when you harassed the other villagers, abusing your role as a Marine?" Brito waited for a reply, receiving only whimpers or pleas.

"Don't give me that. Unlike your captain, I won't let you off so easily."

dante chuckled at the scene. it really was quite a sight, a couple marines fighting, seemingly defending the hooded fishwomen, the other looking like he was about to be gutted. all the while the doctor couldn't do anything. he continued to watch despite the already known outcome, mostly because the marine girl and fishwomen interested him. of course, seeing the blood of an unjust marine was helping keep his attention.

Her tea arriving shortly as the barkeep serves it to Reimu, she nods with a 'thank you' and takes it, sipping it with a calm exterior, enjoying the drink. Noise outside catches her attention over the commotion within the inn and she hums, "I'll be heading out now.. Something outside is causing more ruckus than in here.." Taking another, somewhat longer drink, she places the empty cup down on the bar counter and moves to head outside, parting the doors away from her as Reimu now takes in what events are happening, just witnessing the fiasco as a lower-ranking marine started something sour only to see Barabara Brito step in. ~A fishwoman? Don't see those everyday, let alone a desert island.. Must be a risk taker perhaps..~ Blinking a few times to register, Reimu decides to keep quiet as she moves to blend with the crowd, continuing to witness what's to happen after Brito had slashed against the marine.

Caim heard some kind of uproar through the opened window of his room. As he heard it, he hoped that it were the pirates, so he could take them in and put some of his training to the test. However, when he stood up and looked out of the window, he saw how Captain Brito wounded a lower Marine. Whatever her reasons were, this was not how problems within the Marine would be taken care of, and before something worse would happen, he put one foot on the edge of his window and prepared to jump out.
"Soru"
Caim seemed to have vanished from his spot as he said the name of the technique. Untrained eyes would just see how he vanished into thin air, while trained eyes would have seen a precise and very fast straight jump.
He appeared at Brito's side, his sword already drawn, and slashing at hers to force her into the defensive. As she moved away, he stood between the marine and her, his sword sheathed again, while caim stood in his Iaido stance.
"Captain Brito. What do you think you're doing? No matter what he did, what you are trying to do is a serious crime."

((I'm writing out the usage of the moves for only the first time so people can get used to them and memorize them better))

"Well, I better go. Thank you." Lorelei said quietly to the marine woman who had saved her before running off, hoping to maybe find some food along the way. She ran through the crowd, easily blending in again before bumping into a man who had been watching. She fell to the ground with a cuss. "Again! Pleas tell me it's not another mother-fucking marine..." She looked up to see a strange man with long black hair. She brushed herself off and stood up. "I'm so sorry..." She started to leave again, not knowing that this man was one of the crew members on the ship she had been following for the last month.

"now now you needn't be sorry, i must admit though standing up to a marine is impressive young miss." he said as he began to follow her, feeling she would be a good deal of entertainment. "my name is dante markus, what prey tell would be your name?" he asked in a calm soothing manner hoping to perhaps get a feel for her actual intentions in coming to this town. he looked back wondering if the doctor would be alright with the two and a half marines. inwardly chuckling at his joke.

Brito's eyes widened as she clashed blades with Caim. She hadn't seen or felt him coming. Caim stood in front of the Marine, blocking Brito's view of her previous target. Brito glared at Caim through their crossed blades.

"Didn't you see what that Marine was trying to do? What many of our men are doing to these villagers? Their antics alone go against our code!" Brito kept track of Caim's muscle movements. Something in the back of Brito's mind told her that he wouldn't kill her. Strength and skills aside, Caim wasn't going to commit the crime he was accusing Brito of. However, Brito kept her guard up. Anything was possible. Brito gritted her teeth in annoyance.

Who would have thought that they would be "sparring" so soon? And, for a reason such as this?

Status
Not open for further replies.