One Piece: An Odyssey

The fire really helped warm him up as he took the chance to dust off any wood shavings off his arms and shirt before checking over to make sure he had no splinters. Moving away from the fire to notice all the bolts and tools that had been forged and was impressed as he glanced over to Roy only to see the male was full on naked, though it was nothing new for him for one will see naked bodies when doing surgeries. What got his attention were the burn marks covering his hands and partly up his arm and let out a whistle as he walked over to him.'Did a number on yourself there it seems.'Grabbing hold of a part of his arm that wasn't burned to look it over.'Most would be on the floor cringing in pain so quite the feat to see you still standing.'It was odd to see another who was highly resistant to pain like him, though this person clearly wasn't fully human after the things he's seen him do.

His grip on Roy's arm tighten and for a moment the pain grew in intensity before he could feel the burning pain slowly pain as his senses in the arm was dulled. When done with the arm, he would do the same to the other as Roy could see a strange clear fluid coating his palms as he touched his arms.'There we are. Used a more concentrated one so it should stop the pain for half a day, by then your wounds should heal mostly.'He grinned giving the man a pat on the chest with the back of his hand.

"Not natural?" Roy said to himself, confused at what Cesare Roma had said. He looked down at himself, wondering what wasn't natural. Perhaps it was the fact that he was naked. Now that he thought about it, the other two were both fully clothed while he was the opposite. But his clothing were messed up. The Doctor walked up to him casually and spoke. He looked at his fingers. He had to admit, it hurt. A lot. But for some reason he didn't really show any reaction to it and couldn't help wonder why. Suddenly, the Doctor gripped his arm and began to tighten it. The pain on his fingers intensified, but he still showed no emotion to it except "Ow" Suddenly, the pain began to fade away. His eyes widened slightly, the first hint of emotion. "What was that?" He asked, turning to the Doctor. He shook his head. No, now wasn't the time to care about that. He bent over, not thinking about him being naked and picked up the black cloak. He ripped it and tied a piece around his waist, so his genital area could be mostly covered "I believe this is better?" He asked the two with a blank expression.

"Anyways, we should start working on the ship before another blizzard comes by" He bent over again and picked up three hammers and screw drivers. He used the remainder of the cloak to bag up some of the bolts and screws. "I'll carve and chop the wood and instruct you guys what to do while I supervise and help. Sound good?" Before letting them finish, he began to walk forward "Lets go"

After many hours of hard work, the ship was finally done. The sun was setting behind it, the ship's beauty radiating. It was flawless, everything done right and as if it was a complete replica of the picture Cesare Roma showed him."What are you gonna name it, Captain?" He said, turning to Cesare Roma.

Jeez he couldn't remember the last time he had to work so hard and so fast to get anything done. It took them hours. Hours of the bitter cold nipping at their limbs. Hours of aching muscles and sweat dripping down their faces only to stop midway to freeze. Their ship was finally complete, the ship that would take them on their voyage to across the seas. He smiled at his naked friend. "The Flaming Decatur. I'm not sure how happy my pops would be if he knew a pirate ship was named after him, but I like it." He chuckled and marveled the ship. It was truly a grand start to his adventure. Roma made his way up to the deck and grinned widely. "It's time we set sail guys. So long to this frozen wasteland!"

After hours of mind numbing work that left their bodies aching and sore to the point of exhaustion, the ship would finally be finished. Now it rested on the water before them as the three could revel in the masterpiece they created, though the ship wasn't completely done like it was on the paper; what with limited materials and tools, but even then the ship was glorious. One that looked strong on the water and trustworthy to handle nearly anything that the sea and nature through at them.'Haven't done such intense work like this since that surgery two years ago.'He muttered to himself while his face, like his shirt was drenched in cold sweat, though the cool air felt soothing to his burning skin as Roma walked over to it, talking of setting off. The captain's words would be cut short by the loud rumbling from The doctor's stomach as he hadn't eaten anything for almost two days now.'That sounds great and all, though considering going through an escape, close to being drowned on a small ship trapped within a cave with a howling blizzard and hours of work on the ship....I think a good rest and meal wouldn't hurt waiting another hour or so.'He suggested while wiping sweat from his forehead; too hungry to move and if not for his fruit dulling the soreness that he wouldn't be moving at all.

Roy nodded and agreed with the Doctor "I believe we should listen to the Doctor, since he knows what is best for our bodies and we have been through a lot already. Besides, we left the large bear you killed back in the cave, luckily its encased in the snow so it should be fine" Roy mostly agreed due to his own body feeling exhausted. He showed no sign of it but his body couldn't handle a whole lot more. But staying here in this island could be dangerous, a blizzard could pick up at any time. He turned to the two "I have an idea" Without letting them say anything, he sprinted off back in the direction of the cave. A few minutes later, he came running back with a calm, cool face. Over his shoulder was the large bear that Cesare Roma killed. In his other hand was the arm he left behind, the only clue to his origins. Behind him was a pack of giant wolves, but yet his face was still the same. He yelled in his monotone voice "Perhaps leaving now is the best choice" He said as he sprinted faster, the wolves catching up.

Roma groaned annoyed that his crew wanted to rest and eat. Don't get him wrong he wanted that too, but he wanted to get off this island more than that. Still he couldn't force them if they didn't want to and was about to relent until Roy said that he had an idea. He didn't even get the chance to even ask and ended up waiting around for them. Then he saw a sight to behold. The almost naked man ran with the bear on his shoulder and that crispy arm in the other while being chased by a pack of hungry wolves. "Get that bare ass of yours over here before your kibble! Same goes to you The Doctor!" He yelled at them as he began to prepare the ship to set sail. To help Roy out he shot a few bolts of plasma at the wolves.

His mind was filled only with thoughts of food and filling his belly as his body really was running on empty and using his fruit twice with him already hungry along with all that work had been a major drain on his stamina. This meant he wouldn't be able to really fight or create much of the fluid and so when he saw the wolves following after roy; a sigh of annoyance escaped him.'Great he helped us build a ship and all...but to lead wolves to us?'He had no intention of fighting with his body in the state as it was and quickly made his way onto the flaming decatur.'I suggest not getting injured for I'm far too exhausted to tend to wounds at the moment. Just a warning!'He called out to the two from the railings he was leaning over, watching the wolves gradually get closer.

Roy ran with a constant speed, slowing down for a second and charing his arm back. He threw the giant bear, the bear's corpse flying high up in the air and landing on the deck of the ship. Roy picked up his speed again, a wolf about to bite at his ankle until one of Roma's plasma bolts striking it. He nodded at the captain, tensing up his legs and then kicking off the ground, flying high up in the air and landing on the ship. He got up, his face showing some exhaustion "Things...didn't go according to plan" He said as the howls and barks of wolves can be heard from behind. "But we have the meat atleast now" He said pointing to the dead bear. As they sailed off, Roy went to the back railings of the ship and stared at the island. Before his departure he left a small stone grave at the site where he woke up, paying his respect to the ones who died there. It was something he did, as if against his will."Goodbye" He said to the island, before turning around and going to accompany his new friends.

"What in the hell was your plan?" Roma laughed and pat his new friend's back. It was amazing that this man still had so much vigor even after the intense day that he had. Still no matter what everything happened for the best and they were on their way on the start of their new journey. The rest of night was filled with chowing down on bear meat that was overcooked but to them still tasted amazing due to hunger and exhaustion. They didn't have any beds or hammocks to sleep on, but that was fine. Roma ended up passing out on the hardwood floor.

The next day Roma was already up before everyone else, looking out on the deck chewing leftover bear meat from last night. They needed to land on another island soon. They needed supplies. Supplies for a proper kitchen, food, clothes especially for Roy, and a whole bunch of other supplies. Thankfully Roma kept all of his money on him so they would be fine on that. And if they were short on funds then he wouldn't mind stealing from some pirates or marines. "It's a beautiful day." He commented to himself. The sun was out and not a single cloud was in the sky. It was particularly warm, but then again anything was warm after yesterday.

Roy pointed at the bear "To get that, but it seemed like there were other wolves with a similar plan. So I kicked one" He said with a straight face. Since they did not have any beds or any cushions of any type. So he followed what his captain did and lied down on the ground, shutting his eyes and going into stand by mode temporarily.

Roy woke up, The Doctor sleeping but Cesare Roma gone. He could understand why the Doctor was tired, he didn't seem like a very fit man. But the captain seemed like he fought a lot and figured that he would still be asleep. He mentally shrugged it off and got up, looking around at the basic ship. It was bare but it did the job for now, however Roy would have to make upgrades. But that would come later. He picked up the charred arm, curious at how its insides weren't made of flesh and walked away from The Doctor. "Hello Cesare Roma, how are you?" Roy asked his captain as he walked up to the deck.

Roma had been looking out at the horizon hoping that they would reach an island. His skills as a navigator were only subpar, definitely not good enough to lead him through the oceans. It was only a miracle that he had even arrived at an island with any civilization. He would have to find himself a navigator at some point. He sighed and rubbed that back of his head. All of that would certainly come in due time.

Smiling at his friend's greeting he said, "I'm doing fine. I'm on a better start on my journey than I was not so long ago." He leaned against the railing, admiring the fine work that they had done. It was plain, but that would change over time. Again luck seemed to be on their side; an island was coming into view. "Great an island! We can get supplies there." He ran over to the wheel and steered the ship towards the island. It wasn't too long until they reached the island and docked in its port. "What the hell? The Doctor still isn't awake? Lazy bastard." He muttered to himself.

"That is good to hear" Roy said in his monotonistic voice, looking off at the same view Cesare Roma looked out. He didn't really see anything special about it. Just the sun rising and the ocean, what could be so beautiful about it. Then on the horizon, an island could be seen. His captain quickly sprinted and turned the wheel towards the island. This would be his first time interacting with regular people, since these two weren't regular. How well would he fit in? He didn't want to draw any attention. His captain commented about the Doctor was oversleeping. "Well I believe he deserves that rest captain, he went through a lot yesterday and he helped my wounds. Plus, he isn't as physically fit as us so I believe rest would be best for him now" He walked up beside the captain, looking at the island they were heading to and wondering if he could find some clothes. There was a small breeze passing through his loincloth and it made him feel rather cold.

As the two would walk with people staring at them, mostly Roy and how he was dressed, with parents covering the children's eyes. Followed up with some comments how they should feel ashamed for such disgraceful behavior. When suddenly a rather muscular man standing about six feet and six inches tall, fell to his knees holding out his bible in front of him. "Oh god, please give this heathen your mercy. As he is but a lost poor lamb in need of guidance. And as your faithful subject I shall make it so that the heathen walks with pride warm in the the materials that we collect from the gifts you have given us." The man said rising to his feet and tucking away his bible into his pocket, clasping Roma and Roy by their arms and dragged them to the nearest tailor shop in which the man pulled out some Beri and handed it to them. "Oh lost sheep, please gear yourself in the warmth of the animals that were given to us by our savior! That way you no longer walk like the heathen you dress like, and walk like a loyal subject to our savior!" The man said as he bowed and walked away to what would look like a Mansion on a large hill.

dungeon-fighter-priest-anime-23591450-400-600.jpg

"Oh god have you no shame?! Cover the children's eyes!"

A few people said as they walked past him, covering this kids' eyes from the android's tool. Roma could only roll his eyes at their reactions and was about to ask where the closest tailor shop would be until this unreasonably tall, muscular man fell to his knees and began to pray to God with a bible in hand. 'God dammit is this guy from infomercial?' He thought to himself with irritation. He didn't want to hear any of the crap that this had to say to them even if it was in good nature. Before he could drag Roy off, the man's large hands grabbed their arms and dragged them to the tailor shop, giving them Beris so they could buy clothes. "Wait a minute I don't need your fucking charity!" He yelled out at the priest, but by then he was too far to hear. Roma sighed and looked down at the money. "Well extra cash isn't a bad thing. Let's get us some clothes and grab something for The Doctor." He opened the door and walked inside, seeing that there was quite some nice threads there.

Roy walked around, completely oblivious to all the chatter going on about him. Instead, his was in awe looking at all the finely constructed buildings and materials he could use. He wanted to buy everything that he could get his hands on, but then a giant man dropped to his knees and began to spout some nonsense about some random things. Roy had no idea what was going on "Uhh" Was his only response, not able to reply as the man grabbed their arms and dragged them along. His grip was tight so Roy couldn't break out of it without using force so he just went along with it. He then gave them some berries, which baffled Roy since what would they do with berries? He wasn't hungry and had already eaten, so perhaps this man was sick. Before he could respond, the strange man was already gone and Roy turned to Roma "What happened?" He nodded though to Roma's question "Okay, it is starting to get cold too" Roy said, following Roma in.

They came out of the tailor shop, Roy in his new clothes (clothes in appearance). He looked at himself and looked at everyone else "I look normal?" He said, turning to Roma

It was a relief on the eyes to see that Roy finally had clothes on. Everyone else around him were also relieved that they didn't have to see man flesh again. Roma held the few bags that had their recently purchased clothes. "You look fine man. I'm just glad we finally got you some threads. Now that's done we can purchase whatever else we need." The duo walked around the town where Roma did all of the food shopping and shopping for furniture and other necessities. He was bargaining with the employees on how much to pay and surprisingly enough he got very good deals. It seemed like he had a knack for talking down prices.

They both arrived back at the docks with all that they bought. "Well we got all that we needed. I would say we should set off today, but maybe we should stick around for the night. We could use the rest." He told Roy as they loaded up the ship.

With them heading back to their ship, they would see an older woman waving a cane in the air quite madly, to a large individual cladded in black armor from head to toe, about the same height as the Priest from earlier. "Mr. Knight, you do a lot for us townsfolk so please. Use your power to catch this Satan's child girl! I know for a fact she stole some navigation book from my book store, who else would come into a store dressed in a cloak to hide their face? She has stolen a total of fifty thousand beri from me in navigation books alone!" The old woman said waving the cane around, as the man in armor nodded to her. "I shall do what it takes to bring Ayame to justice. I will recover your books as well." He told her which made her huff and nod as she walked away. Out of sight the man looked at the ground and shook his head. "Oh cursed one. You only make your fate much more worse by the second." he spoek to himself as he began walking away when he looked at Roy and Roma, he stopped for a second before pulling out a flyer with Ayame's face on it and handed it to them. "If you see this woman, report it to me right away. She is to be brought to justice. We can't let someone like her run free. If you see her and don't tell me..... Then I will strike you down." he warned them before marching off, to the same destination as the priest.

L_Blackknight.jpg
[/spolier]

Roy grabbed the paper that the large iron cladded man handed to them, looking at the picture along with Roma. He wondered if this man was a robot like him, but that wasn't possible. His thermal vision showed that there was a heat source behind the cold steel, so he was just a giant man. Before he could ask questions, the giant man left towards the same place where the other strange man went to. Turning his attention back to the paper he crumbled it up and swallowed it whole like the previous paper. He stood still for a second, his face blank and unresponsive. He blinked once "We have yet to encounter her in the city, my memory contains no recollection of ever encountering her. What shall we do Captain?" He asked, turning to Roma.

They're seemed to be the theme of heathens and devils seemed to be reoccurring in this town. The old woman said something about a person nicknamed Satan's Child who had taken a bunch of navigation books to another giant man, but this time in black armor. Just what the hell was up with this town? That very same knight handed them the picture of the woman and he let out a long, loud whistle. This Satan's Child was certainly a looker that's for sure. Grinning widely he saluted the knight and said, "Of course we'll tell you if we see her have a nice day!" He called out as he walked away off to the mansion where that same priest walked off. Once he was out of earshot he said, "Have a nice day you fucking oversized piece of scrap metal." He watched Roy eat the piece of paper again, not questioning it. He assumed that she stole all those books on navigation meant that she must be some sort of navigator of sorts. To answer his compadre's question he responded with, "I think we found our new navigator." He began to walk and motioned Roy to follow.

The two of them walked down the streets bustling with people living out their normal lives. Even if their lives seemed normal it was completely out of place to see those two figures there. Were they marines? No, they didn't look like it. So why did these people trust them so much and why did they both head to the mansion? Those would be questions he would figure out later. As they walked Roma told him the game plan. "If we are going to find her then we're going to have to look out of town. There's not a chance that she would stay here with the possibility of being found by that camelot reject. She's probably hiding outside of town." He grinned at Roy and continued. "That's where you come in. I don't know how, but you can sense heat so I'm going to need you to locate her body heat. Can you do that?" It wasn't long before that they were both outside of the town and into the jungle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy felt slightly insulted at Roma's insult towards the man and cleared his throat "Ahem" He said rather loud, showing a small bit of emotion of slight anger towards Roma. It was hardly there, but still slightly noticeable. Reminding his captain that he was made of metal, or he figured. Roy wasn't to sure what he was made of. He followed his captain into town and into the jungle, looking around for the person that matched the appearance of the person that was in the flyer. He listened to his captains and turned to him when he said that's where you come in. He nodded "It's done Cesare Roma" In a flash, Roy jumped up and scaled to the top of the trees with ease. He stood on the top of a treetop with the tip of his toes, turning on his infrared vision and looking on the outskirts. He squinted his eyes, noticing a small heat signature "Its far, if only I could zoom in" Suddenly, his eyes zoomed in on the target and it was much more clearer "Oh" He blinked, his eyes returning back to normal. He jumped down the branches and landed next to Roma "There's a heat signature outside of the town in that direction" He said pointing towards the direction of the heat source. "Shall we go Cesare Roma?"