One Piece: An Odyssey

"Ah I see, not that interesting of a life" Roy said rather bluntly, actually seeing his origins rather boring. He expected something exciting or glorious, but no instead an ordinary life. However what the man talked about seemed interesting. Perhaps it was something uploaded in his database so he could know about it "What is it you're looking for Cesare Roma? I don't see how wanting something would make you crazy" But then out of the blue, Cesare Roma asked him to join his crew. Usually, most people would give this question deep thought. This could be a major turning point in their lives, drastically changing it forever. But right after, Roy shrugged "Sure"

His eyes lit up when asked what he was seeking. What he had set out to sea for was the exact definition of a fool's dream and guess who is the fool going after it? "Have you ever heard of the story of the Ciudad de Fantasia, the City of Dreams?" He stood up and walked closer to the fire, placing his hands up so that they would warm up faster. Not waiting for an answer he continued. "It's a story you would tell your kid just before bedtime. It's a city of wealth that you can't even imagine, where the streets are encrusted with diamonds and every building is made from gold. It was a city of magic, an absolute fairytale. It would always end with the city sinking into the murky depths though the cause was unknown." Just telling that story made him grin. It was exciting to finally share his dream with someone who was actually interested in what he had to say. He didn't care if he though he was mad, it was his dream and he would pursue it until he succeeded. He paused for a moment, silence filled the room with the crackle of the flames to break the silence. "Before it sunk, the king said that those who found it first would be granted a wish of their heart's greatest desire. That's what I'm after."

Roma sat back down on the rock and smiled at his crew member. "Welcome aboard." Roy didn't even give it any thought, but he really didn't care. In one day he got two new members for his crew.

Interesting story there.'The doctor suddenly spoke while sitting up from his napping spot, arms draped over his raised knees.'What kind of pirate captain would you be if you didn't go after a foolish dream.'He chuckled softly with that eerie grin of his before pushing up off the ground and walked over to the fire, hands placed into his pockets.'If I had known we were gonna tell stories around the campfire, then I would of stayed up a little longer.'He spoke in a that teasing manner of his then peered over at the man who lead them to this cave.'I would say you're mad for joining him out of the blue, though then I'd call myself just as mad then.'Considering he joined this man in a quick manner himself so who was he to say anything regarding this.

After studying Roy for a minute, he hunched down in front of the fire between the two, feeling the warmth of crackling flames.'Looks like the blizzard hasn't ended yet. Would be a shame..starting out as a pirate only to freeze to death and just after getting two crew members.'At that he would snicker a bit to himself.

Roy listened to the man explain what he hoped to find, not even giving Roy time to answer. He had never heard of the Ciudad de Fantasia. He searched his databases but nothing came up. Either this man was crazy or there was more out there in the world that wasn't uploaded in his head. "This city...it seems interesting. I wish I get to see it one day. Maybe that is my purpose. To see things tha-" Suddenly, the other man that came with him woke up and decided to speak. He spoke with a strange tone, causing Roy to tilt his head "Mad? I'm not mad, I don't even think I can feel mad" He said to the Doctor, not even getting the joke. He turned his head to the fire "You will survive, it won't be long til it'll pass. But the problem will be getting off, your ship is most likely at the bottom of the ocean. But if you would like...I can build a ship to your design. With your heat skills, it is possible" He said, turning to Cesare Roma.

"Yeah, too bad we don't have any marshmallows or we could've roasted some." He chuckled with The Doctor. All joking aside their situation certainly was rather grim. They were stuck on an island with their boat probably on the sea floor with a blizzard right outside their doorstep. They had no means of escaping. He was trying his best to think of a solution. Maybe building a raft that at least could hold its own until they arrive to the nearest island wherever that was. Even then the sea was certainly not a kind place and may end up just destroying their raft. Even if they had shelter they still needed food and he didn't know if there was any other life on the island and even then the weather seemed to be unpredictable. They would either starve or freeze to death.

Then lady luck smiled upon him again today. Roy was a shipwright! What were the odds of getting a doctor and a shipwright as the first members of his crew? "Then let's get to it! I still have enough juice to help build a ship!" He hopped up onto his feet. Roma seemed to be radiating with excitement.

The way Roy replied to his comment of being mad was quite funny.'Seems jokes go right over this one's head. Ah you'll get used to it.'Giving the man a pat on the back with a light chuckle; Roma getting up to exude excitement once again.'You're quite the energenic captain aren't you? but I'd suggest waiting till the blizzard dies down before starting.'Looking to the blocked entrance to the cave where the sounds of harsh winds blowing could still be heard.'The amount of heat you give off will cause all the snow and ice to melt and..well don't want to be drowned in a cave.'Shaking his head before tossing a stick onto the fire, thinking how odd it was for all these coincedence to be occuring today.

Roy raised an eyebrow at what the Doctor said. He quickly looked up "But I do not see anything over my head nor did I see anything. Are you okay The Doctor?" Roy asked wondering if he was actually sick. He wouldn't be that good of a doctor, but it seemed like he was seeing things. Suddenly, Cesare Roma sprung up and began to slightly glow. He wanted to build the ship already, but the Doctor pointed out why they couldn't which Roy also agreed with. But that didn't mean they couldn't start. Roy stood up as well "We may not be able to do everything, but we can start" He turned around and walked to a large pile of snow. He dug his hand in there and felt around, feeling a cold piece of metal. He pulled it out with ease and turned towards the two. "In order to build the ship, we're gonna have to melt all of the metal I collected along with finding suitable pieces of wood sturdy enough to use as a foundation. Right now, it is far too cold to go get the wood but we can begin melting the metal we have here" He turned to Cesare Roma "Cesare Roma, can you heat this up til the point where it is malliable. It doesn't have to melt but make it into a large bowl" He said as he handed the giant square piece of metal to him. He turned to the Doctor "The Doctor, please assisst me taking out the pieces of metal. Together, we'll have to build this ship."

It didn't seem like that Roy was quite too bright. Jokes went over his head and even the phrase going over his head again went over his head. This was a weird guy. Roma sighed and was just about to sit back down. They were right, there was too much snow going down outside that they would be buried in if they stayed longer than five minutes outside. At least they were fortunate enough to even have someone who could build a ship. It was a plan at the very least. Then he was handed a piece of metal to heat up until it was malleable enough to be flexed. Just why were there pieces of metal lying around in the snow? Did he gather all of it? In any case it didn't matter, he would just do what he needed to do. His hands emitted plasma with enough heat that made the metal glow orange and with ease folded it into a small bowl. He placed it down at the ground and awaited for the next piece of metal. "Keep it coming."

Shaking his head at Roy's words and thought how he could use this to mess with the guy, though now wasn't the best time to do so since the two were serious about getting started on a ship. At least this way they could get one finished faster; besides they needed a ship, otherwise they were stranded on the island as the little boat they came on was most likely gone.'Alright, but I'm quite lacking in the upper strength department so don't expect too much help from me.'He shrugged and got up to start searching for any pieces of metal and would carefully study to avoid grabbing sharp edges or parts that were still hot. Even if he had his fruit's ability, it was still best to avoid getting any injuries in such low temperature as he carried what he could over to roma, though would leave any metal too heavy to Roy to carry.

Roy took out the majority of the larger metal pieces while the doctor took out the smaller ones. Roy turned around to see that the largest piece of metal was turned into a large bowl. Roy stopped taking out the pieces of metal and nodded "This will do" He grabbed a few branches of the ground and some stems of plants from these branches. He made a makeshift stand with 4 branches and multiple stems to tie it up. He continued to do so very quickly, until he made a circle of these stands around the flames. He lifted the larger metal bowl from Cesare Roma's hand and gently put it down on the make-shift stand, the fire heating up the bowl. From there, he turned around and quickly picked up the smaller and medium sized pieces of metal. He put them in the bowl and turned to Cesare Roma "Could you heat up the bowl slightly, not too much but a rather low temperature where the metal can slowly melt" He asked the ma.

"You know for a guy that's as dense as that steel you know your stuff." Roma commented while Roy was just crafting away. He was an odd fellow, but it made his crew much more interesting. Then again his crew so far was comprised of two unusual men. The Doctor was mysterious and had a creepiness that crept over Roma's skin when he smiled and Roy was a shipwright with no memory of anything and took things much too literal. He chuckled a little bit at this. He was the only seemingly normal one so far and he was a guy who shoots plasma and is after a city that more than likely doesn't exist while recruiting these odd balls. Roma looked at what was set out in front of him and nodded. He emitted plasma from his hand that began to slowly melt the metal.

Helping with carrying the metal to the bowl, or what he could anyway and once they had collected all the bits of metals, he would step back. Seeing that at the moment he couldn't help at the moment, since ship building wasn't his kind of thing. Well, at least if anyone got injured while building the ship that he would be there to patch them up. So for the time being he kept back and simply watched with hands in his pockets, curious that a man who took things far too literally had such knowledge on ship building and yet knew nothing of his path. Truly a peculiar day this had been and knew that the moment he decided to join the overly eager Roma; that it would only get stranger and ultimately more interesting. Besides, this crew was his chance to take care of some things that needed to be done and to get around more easily, so it was fine to put up with the life of a pirate for the time eing.

Roy raised his hand at Roma "That is good enough, do not hear up the metal too much or the pot will melt. That will do." He said as he tossed in a few more pieces of metal and let them melt slowly. Afterwards he took a seat "So, what way did you want to design it? I can create a ship into a standard manner, but I believe something with a little more pizzazz would fit your needs" He said to Roma and the doctor

He watched the metal in the bowl slowly melt, the smell of metal and smoke filled the air. They could only be in here for so long before the smoke forces them to drive them out. The smoke would've made the air impossible to breathe and if the blizzard still hasn't calmed down then they were boned. The thought was in the back of his mind, but he didn't focus much on it. To answer Roy's question he took out a folded piece of paper and tossed it to him. "This is what my grandfather's ship used to look. Try making something like that."

the_clockwork_pirateship_by_chasingartwork-d5z52e2.jpg

Keeping back out of the way as he studied the two work on melting and molding what metal they had, though of course without the wood they couldn't do too much at the moment. Not only that, but where would they get the tools to even make the ship considering they really were lacking in materials, which made it interesting to see what this Roy would do to pull off such a feat. Hopefully the blizzard would end soon as it was hindering the ship's progress and the longer it went on, the longer they would be stuck here trying to build the ship. It seemed they would be on this island for some time.

Roy caught the paper thrown at him and looked at it "...." He looked back up at Roma "....we're gonna need a lot of wood" He said, looking back down at the design. He crumbled it up and ate the wad of paper, turning to the two. A small indicator came up in his eyes, a warning sign saying the air was turning toxic "Can you two do me a favor and go collect a lot of wood? Thicker pieces preferably. The blizzard is calming down and will stop eventually but I do not know when it will pick back up. But before that happens, I'll finish this ship" He said, staring into the eyes of the two trying to reassure that they wouldn't die. Roy himself would be fine for much longer, but he didn't know a whole lot on the anatomy of humans but knew they needed food.

Did......did he just eat the paper? Why? Whatever need would he need to eat it? They needed it for the ship's design for crying out loud. That and his questionable personality made him doubt his new shipwright, but he didn't have much of a choice other than to trust him....as off as he may seem. The roaring wind seemed to had settled down giving them the chance to go out and collect wood for the ship. As helpful as this wood would be to build the ship they didn't have any tools so how they would build it was beyond him. Still he went out of the cave, feeling the warmth that he once had leave his body and replaced instantly with the bitter cold. He regretted leaving his boat without any other supplies, but he they could be replaced later. Roma walked around and he saw that this place had lots of wood laying around. Not just wood, but bits of metal and concrete. There must've been something here before, but what there was he didn't know. He dug his hand into the snow to pick up some wood...instead he picked up a human hand. "Shit!" Surprised he tossed it aside, landing a good distance away in the snow. "Just what the hell happened here?" He thought to himself.

He began to gather pieces of wood, large thick pieces of them. Thankfully he was strong enough to carry multiple pieces of wood unlike The Doctor who wasn't all too strong. Then he heard a growl behind him and a large shadow engulfed him. Upon turning around a large bear towered over him, bearing its menacing fangs at him. Roma could chuckle. "You know, I've never had bear before. I wonder how you taste?" He licked his lips and placed the wood down. The bear swiped its claws down at him, but he rolled out of the way. He needed to conserve as much plasma as he could so he wouldn't turn into it with a simple fight with a bear. As soon as he got on his feet he jumped up to the bear and rammed his knee into its neck and put his hands together before smashing his fists down on its skull, making the bear stumble back. It roared in pain and charged at him again, swiping its large claws at him, but Roma just jumped and stomped down on its head, slamming it into the ground. Roma with one punch smashed the bear's head in with his fist, dealing the finishing blow. Panting he picked up the wood and balanced it on his shoulder and he dragged the bear with him back to the cave.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Roy only continued to show how peculiar he was with having eaten the paper with the ship's design and wondered what purpose it served, but no point in questioning about it. Turning his head to the cave entrance to see that the blizzard had died down enough as was said, which was the perfect chance to gather some wood before it picked up again, that and the cave was filling with the toxic fumes. The cave would need to be aired out eventually or they would lose their only shelter from the harsh cold and stinging snow.'Looks like you two are you enjoying yourselves with this.'He chuckled with a slight shrugged and followed after Roma while whistling a small tune as they stepped out into the cold; thankfully his fruit kept him from feeling it and made it easier for him to venture out, though still had to be careful of frostbite or getting sick, which was why he always left a small bit of his sensation as a warning signal for if his body was in danger, otherwise he showed no sign of being bothered by the cold as his pale skin seemed to blend with the snow, nearly making him invisible if not for the clothes he wore.

Soon reaching what looked like a crash site with scattered out in pieces, some scared or cracked and some still in good enough condition to be used.*Guess that explains where the metal came from and how Roy got here.*He thought to himself, curious of what exactly happened as he started to gather up as much wood that he could carry when the loud roar of the bear caught his attention. He turned with wood in his arms to see his captain battling against it, thinking that if he couldn't even beat a bear then there was no point in really following this ma and simply watched.

A fight that didn't last long with the spear of plasma piercing its heart.*Shame...wished it had lasted a bit longer, least we'll have something to eat.'Adjusting the wood in his arms, careful to avoid risk of splinters and followed back to the cave to drop off the load and would repeat this process; gathering wood until his body couldn't handle the cold anymore and moved to the fire to try and warm himself up.

Each time the two would come back, there would be more pieces of metal finely crafted into tools and equipment for various uses. There were metal screwdrivers, hammers and a large amount of bolts, screws and hinges. Along with more pieces of metal vital to make the ship. His finger tips were covered in a small layer of metal and were obviously burned from the extremely hot metal. But Roy paid no attention and worked diligently, his hands moving in a blur. While they were gone, he stopped to take a breather and looked at his fingers noticing how bad of a condition they were "I do feel pain" Roy could feel how badly it hurt, but he showed no sign of it. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and dipped his finger tips in the metal. He quickly raised it, a small ball of metal raising and floating in the air. He moved his hands so that the ball of liquid metal was between his two hands. In a blur, Roy moved his hands at rapid speeds, the liquid ball of metal rapidly changing its shape and density. Once Roy was done, another bolt had formed. He let it drop on his hand and tossed it with the other bolts "Almost done" He continued the process until the large metal pot was empty. He stood up, his black cloak covered in bits of cooled off metal and burned around multiple edges. He took it off, turning around and seeing both The Doctor and Cesare Roma coming in with more wood. With a completely straight face and bare ass, he raised his hand "The metal's done, we can start building now"

He walked in with the wood and the dead bear dragged from behind. "Yo Roy glad to see that..." His words trailed off when he saw that his shipwright was in the nude, in his birthday suit, no stitch on him. Then his eyes saw that and hear an Elephant cry in his head. "Okay I am going to just come out and say it. That ain't natural." He laid the wood out in front of Roy and grabbed a knife that Roy had made out of metal and sat down with the dead bear and began to skin it. Now he was glad that he killed this thing. They now had food and now would have fur for Roy to wear.