One Piece: A New Beginning

Vera smiled at the doctor. While he seemed to have a bit of pride, she was glad to have a doctor on her ship. Not to mention a Logia fruit user. Now that was a rare one, good.
"Well, it is good to have you aboard Lassiter. As well as you Alexei. So, why don't we..."
Vera was interrupted by a feminine voice behind her. Turning around she saw the red-headed woman standing there. She was wearing a Marine jacket. Wonderful...
She spoke of how Vera had used her 'comrads' as target practice. Of how a life is a life. Vera's face turned dark and she stood there silent, the aura of utter rage emanating from her. She looked up and stared the girl right in the eyes with the intensity of a Sea King.
"I could ask the same of you Marines. You act like your so holy and yet there you are killing pirates simply for being pirates. Your ideals have no standing when you simply kill because you were ordered to do so. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the pirates are humans as well? No? Then do not lecture me on ideals."
She then turned her attention to the hybrid next to her.
"I have no need of a sentry who would side with the Marines."
Vera turned back to her ship and began walking slowly.
"Let's go."
She said quietly.

"The Marines are just as corrupt if not worse than others in this world. I've already known that since I was a kid with my own Mother. A Marine herself she's seen plenty of it and recently I've seen my share." Hitomi spoke out clearly as she looked between each of the individuals around Vera, "As is with pirates, don't chalk up all marines into one group.." She smiled gently and laughed as she slowly slipped her coat off, folding it over and arm, "A look like that from a fellow woman would have scared me some time ago but you've not met my mother, have you.. I'm not here to fight," She then looked over to Lassiter and Lorelei as to address their 'concerns,' "Your little spat with them will garner more attention soon enough, and I'm no doctor. It's also foolish to show ones back to possible hostilities, who's to say I wouldn't share a similar fate if I had done so blindly... My mother is a doctor, but I don't suggest you run into her seeing this.."

A few moments pass before she throws her coat behind herself as she sighs, her legs easing a bit before walking forward. A few steps after, she'd hop slightly in different directions while relatively in place before slipping away from most of their views. A select few might have been able to keep up enough to see where she was going, the more likely of the bunch would have been Vera and the dog-man given his senses, maybe the hotshot swordsman and the fishwoman if they focused hard enough. She appeared behind them close-by as she sat on one of the support logs of the dock, just before the boarding plank, "I'll get to the point... I may be a Marine, but many of us want to change them for the better. I'm sure you've noticed me with the coat and all but I've also took a notice in the lot of you too leading up to this point. I'm sure this raises plenty of red flags for you all and maybe in the near future, but I'm simply asking to join you lot. I'm sure you think me mad, but I have my reasons, and I'm sure the way we just met may prove hard to swallow the chance... If you've not a clue what to do with me, you'd find I have a great experience in the kitchen.. Unless you've seemed to already have filled your quota.. Then again I suppose I couldn't blame any of you for being such zealous Marine haters.."

She wasn't enjoying having to do this, but a part of her was genuinely intrigued in this group. The exterior motive to all this still boiled her blood to no end, but she looked like she held full intent on getting on that ship.

The closer that Lorelei looked at the woman, the more she felt she had met her before. However, she wasn't quite the same. The fishwoman nearly shook her head to dispel the thoughts as the marine woman asked to go with them. The new captain would surely refuse. With how pissed off Vera was, it seemed hardly likely that the woman would easily let the red head go with them. The fishwoman looked the marine up and down. The marine seemed just as displeased with the whole situation as Vera was. Something had to be forcing her to go with them. Possibly an order from the higher ups, maybe they just wanted to capture Vera. The whole situation smelt fishier than Lorelei herself.

Taking a step forward she looked the marine in the eye. "You're asking for a whole lot of trust wanting us to take you on just like that..." If anything went wrong, it was Vera's whole crew against one marine. They had the advantage. However even with an advantage that still could spell disaster if the marine played it right. A familiarity kept screwing itself into the back of the fishwoman's mind. Where had she seen this woman before? "However, I think I, at least, could give you that trust. You haven't tried to turn us in yet... Though that doesn't mean we wouldn't be watching your every move." Or that she wouldn't try later. Every logical fiber in Lorelei's body screamed at her not to trust the woman, but there was a familiarity that the fishwoman was determined to figure out. The marine woman intrigued her.

Lassiter looked at the woman, meeting her eyes with his own, a challenge reflected in them. "Pirates don't follow the law. We break them constantly and more often than not, that leads to confrontation with marines. Could you stand there and watch as we constantly knock out, mutilate, or even kill other marines? Knowing possibly some of them, and knowing that some are the definition of good men and women? Fight alongside us and against them? Risk your life for the captain?" he questioned her, keeping his eyes locked on hers. "Many pirates would back-stab each other without remorse. However I can tell this group here is the loyal kind. The kind that you can turn your back on without worry because they'll take care of it. If you can't answer yes to those questions honestly, or be that kind of person; then stop wasting our time and your breath and run along to your mother and stay with your fellow marines." With that he turned his head from her, turning towards where they would enter the ship.

Reactions: Detective Zero
Alexei was mostly quiet, watching the split occur between the group. The Sentry and Marine were going back and forth versus the Captain, with Doc offering some interesting questions. His arms were crossed, looking between his new boss and the bickering pirates and marine. To be frank, he wasn't really concerned with who Vera hired onto the crew or didn't. Long as the ones she did hire were capable of doing their jobs, he was not terribly worried about it. Having a Marine aboard would not be good for keeping a low tension or relaxed environment. Doc made sense, and as he hopped down from the barrel, he glanced at the Captain and Doc before looking over at the Marine and her supporters and shrugged, sighing. This was above his paygrade, to be honest, and he could not see a sensible reason to have a Marine of any sort aboard a pirate vessel. It really just did not make sense, and he kept his two cents short and to the point as he began following the Captain back to her ship.

"Not really my problem what the Marines internal power struggles are like, or whatever the hell you have going on. Your call, Cap, if you feel like changing it. I'll get to see pay either way, so I'll get by with or without a Marine on board."

Ivan kept a straight posture despite what the lady had said, but in the back of his head he was already thinking over what to do next after this confrontation. Well there goes that opportunity, why am I even still standing here? Maybe... That train of thought was cut short when the lady beside her started taking off her jacket then her statement came out that gave him quite a surprise. There was a pause, then everyone gave their responses, even the talking fox himself had some doubts. "Are you sure about this?" He whispered, trailing by her side until she disappeared, leaving him alone as she went to a different location. By time he spotted her out his ears picked up her interests in joining, and that simply convinced him to push on with his interest as well.

"Her interests are the same as mine." He added, taking another step forward while he shifted the gun on his back with his only hand that held the strap. "And you mistake me greatly, I am just one who stand beside the better of things. Afterall an asshole is an asshole no matter what color they fly or what their past is." While he spoke he rushed over beside the red hair and spun on one foot to face the crew with great speed, a big smirk surfacing on his face. "If you take her you take me too bossaroo~"

"This woman was bold that is for sure," Takuto thought as she asked to come aboard a ship full of pirates while still being a Marine herself. Though he had heard of the Marines before his opinon of them remained neutral as they really haven't done anything to him personally, but now being a pirate they would try to bring him in which didn't sit all that well with him. The questions Lassister brung up were fair points that one needed to ask before turning from the life they've known to one that would have you possible harm friends and family alike. "His words may be a bit crude in the wording, but they are true nonetheless so just make sure this is really the path you wish to follow before joining because sometimes there is no turning back." After saying his piece he smiled wanting to retain a friendly aura about him.

Borsh guffawed loudly and stroked his moustache as he ambled onto the ship. Looking at the red headed marine and her new sidekick he gave them an almost fatherly look. "Look here lass, while I hate to agree with mister arsehat over there he does have a point. Unless you are willing to throw away all of your marine ways and prove yourself to be a decent pirate, it just doesnt seem like you would be a good fit. Not that your cause is not noble, maybe with your kind in charge I would not have spent a decade locked up at marine headquarters." With a shrug Borsh turned to the furry rifleman. "And you laddie, be careful with who you side with. I have learned from past experience that marine types will toss you aside the moment you outlive your usefullness to them. So consider siding with a pirate instead, less rules, lotsa grog, and the feelin of freedom every day is a very appealing lifestyle." With his opinion stated Borsh trudged up the plank and began whistiling a tuneless song as he looked over the ship.

Vera stopped when she spoke. the girl knew of an internal struggle of the Marines. She made valid points about grouping people together. Then she said something completely and utterly unexpected. She asked to join them? Seriously? Was she mad? But... there could be advantages to this. Vera's train of thought began going full speed. The girl's knowledge of Marines tactics could be at the very least... extracted. They did need a cook, and she couldn't poison Vera. There also seemed to be a fire in the girl. What was Vera to do?

Vera turned, going with her gut feeling.

"Fine." She said simply, gesturing to the ship as she walked "Join us then..."
This was very unlike her... why in the world is she letting this Marine on her ship?! Well it was too late now. She just let her on board, may as well take advantage of the situation.
Vera leaned towards Borsh and said quietly. "Borsh, I would like to charge watching over the girl to you. I think you would be rather good at raising an alarm if something went wrong."

Lorelei watched the captain, feeling a faint shock of surprise as she stated that the marine woman could come with them. It wasn't what she was expecting, but the order issued to Borsh certainly was. Lorelei chuckled, heading onto the ship she couldn't wait to get her hands on. She had to hold back the childish impulse of running around giggling. She was on a ship! An actual pirate ship! She ran a hand over the railings, careful to keep her cloak still covering her body. She would wait until someone asked after they were out to sea and away from the island. That way she had an escape on all sides. The smell of wood just screamed at Lorelei. She wanted to check out every single damn inch of the boat, but restrained herself. If she got too excited her cloak might slip. She didn't want to be thrown off so soon after getting on. "This is amazing..." She breathed, taking a closer look at the wood that made up this ship. "How did you get so much Pengal wood? This stuff is super expensive..." The floors complimented the frame well, the craftsmanship just speaking of an experienced shipwright creating this masterpiece. Oh, how Lorelei would love to meet the man or woman who created this ship.

After seeing some of their reactions and the response by their captain, Hitomi left the post she was sitting on and stood up, arms crossed as she looked towards Vera with a neutral gaze, "The offer's appreciated.. It goes without saying I won't have any issue with any of you unless you come looking for trouble. Otherwise I do hope to find some silver-lining among it at least." Having followed them onto the ship, she stood by one of the rails and looked over the craftsmanship, noting how the cloaked woman was asking about it, "An interesting theme for a ship, I can give it that.."