POSITIVITY One Good Thing About Today - Every Day!

I got to eat cake and I still have some leftover. Score!

Watched the new Doctor Who. The episode itself was good, but the weird pre-party show before it was annoying. I'm excited to see how her personality develops. As with all regeneration episodes she's not quite done cooking.

So today I was sitting at Mcdonalds with my friends, waiting for my other friend Marcy to take me to work when I idly looked at my bank account... Had a lot more than I thought it origionally did to say the least, it was a really awesome surprise. :D Had fun at the mall today and had fun at work, extremely hyper.

Watching The Haunting of Hill House. I have no knowledge on the book so I can't speak of that end, but just as someone new to the story this is really great. I love that there are hidden ghosts everywhere and they are often so cleverly hidden in plain sight. It's like those old I SPY books in film form. And I like the plot. I feel for each of these characters.

I got to wake up on my own this morning and actually do what I wanted to do before I have to go into work. It's a football day, which means lots of tips, and it's Sunday so I get off an hour earlier. I'm just in a good mood all around. It's about time!

Reactions: Draugvan
My girlfriend arrived home in the early hours of this morning, after a weekend away at a convention!!!

I woke up with no deadly diseases, no crippling disorders, and not in fear of being shot or blown up if I step outside. I'm just fortunate to have started the day healthy and safe. Every other good thing that might happen is a bonus.

Had a really nice birthday :3

We finally get to use our fireplace and it is everything I hoped it would be. 😍

Reactions: lepidoptera
Marathoned the first 3 Purge movies with friends. It was a blast. The movies themselves were pretty bland as far as an R rating goes, but what was more fun was our conversations about it. We discussed what it would be like to have the Purge where we live. It would be tamer than the big cities just for how inconvenienced the purgers would be. There would be snow up to their butts among other things. The farmers would probably just take their tractors in town to steal beer then drive home and set off fireworks. lol

Well, it's not exactly a magnificent, triumphant kind of good thing, but...

I got to eat an entire slice of drunken goat cheese!
Ah, it was fantastic! Having some before winter sets in is nice, too; feels like a pleasant way to kick off the season before it truly starts...

No kidding, that's the best kind of day.
And I think I've kicked the worst of my headcold, so... Here's to health and good cheer for all of you fine people, too.
(Don't neglect your citrus!)

Everybody who knows me knows I'm useless in the kitchen, mostly because I never really bothered to learn how to cook.

Today I cooked my first real dish and it turned out pretty well. It doesn't look like much, but I'm really proud of it.

8O98OMJ.jpg

This is the Japanese amberjack (aka ぶり buri) with some rice and dried seaweed on the side. :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Well, firstly, Belated Happy Thanksgiving guys! I was at mom and dad's both for thanksgiving and my birthday too! They're doing great, and we had prime rib, mashed/baked potatoes, deviled eggs, black olives, aujiu sauce, buttered rolls, even peas with mushrooms. My dad himself made the five layered chocolate cake! It was absolutely the best.

It's been simply awesome just to be able to go home again. helps the homesickness fade a lot. Since moving into Cottonwood Apartments- I really can't stand being here, so any excuse to not be home is cool with me. Anyways, my job has been going alright- got my hard hat for working there all year. My birthday was a simple affair: Leftover thanksgiving foods, more birthday cake! (:D ) And my brand new $200 electric pencil sharpener! Eeee! It has sharpened so many coloring pencils already <333333 and its fast. XD Black Friday was horrible, but this week has been pretty smooth at Raising Canes, our holiday party is coming up on the 10th and we will all get our dance on. I hope we has a Mexican Food Buffet like last year... delicious! I also want Marcus to be the grinch again because he was hilarious. xD

Okay, so good thing happened today- MY BOYFRIEND CLEANED MY ROOM OMG I CAN SEE THE CARPET, its SHINY. lol. I went to the mall after work today, and got my favorite chinese food, some candy from Candyopolis, then strolled over to my coffee place and had hazelnut latte. Went back home and ran into my buddy Marcy, we managed to chase down the Popcorn truck and caught him on his last night on the parking lot he was at- his store opens up right next to my apartments, on December 1st.... going to get sooo many tins! :D And thats pretty much my good things list for this month! Hope you guys are having great times too.

Oh yeah.. my boss even gave me a delicious cup cake from GiGi's.. :D it was fancy!

• Bucket of Rainbows
@Adrian That looks quite good! Don't be down on yourself; a lot of my cuisine, ethnically, isn't much to look at it; but is quite tasty and nutritious.
Making and plating elegant looking food is lovely, too... But I also think your dish does a decent job of that, as well. And it's a little fun, isn't it? I hope you keep it up!

@Maggie Wow, that sounds like - a masterclass of good luck. I feel a bit luckier just reading it. May it continue onwards, and thanks for the well-wishes.

But for my contribution to this thread, hmn, had a good letter written to an old friend. I don't know if they'll react well to it, but that's up to them. Honestly, even if it makes us both a little sad - I think sometimes a little sorrow or melancholy is as important as happiness, and I think the end result will be good; so, for me, it's something I feel happy about, even if melancholic, too. Plus, getting (the last for awhile?) two screenings done tomorrow, so that'll be nice to have out of the way.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
@Adrian That looks quite good! Don't be down on yourself; a lot of my cuisine, ethnically, isn't much to look at it; but is quite tasty and nutritious.
Making and plating elegant looking food is lovely, too... But I also think your dish does a decent job of that, as well. And it's a little fun, isn't it? I hope you keep it up!

Hell yeah it's fun! It's also really rewarding to cook for other people and find that they actually enjoy your own cooking. It motivates me to continue learning. 💪

But for my contribution to this thread, hmn, had a good letter written to an old friend. I don't know if they'll react well to it, but that's up to them. Honestly, even if it makes us both a little sad - I think sometimes a little sorrow or melancholy is as important as happiness, and I think the end result will be good; so, for me, it's something I feel happy about, even if melancholic, too. Plus, getting (the last for awhile?) two screenings done tomorrow, so that'll be nice to have out of the way.

The sorrow in our lives is also what makes us treasure the happy moments even more. I'm not exactly sure what happened between you and your old friend, but I hope things will turn out alright for the both of you.

Watching Penn and Teller: Bullshit. I'm just starting the first episode and this is great. :)