One craving and an impulsive search later...

Nemopedia

Chaotic Lawful
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
font=Poiret One]Poiret One[/font]; BioRhyme; Questrial;

(Impulsive search for a craving that has been around for long? Yes, that is this thread.)

I’m only looking for partners for one particular craving:

"In a world where everything is monitored and tracked figures rise up who challenge law and society as they teach what it is like to live in freedom."

Think of the webcomic Fisheye Placebo, or China's Social Credit System, or Black Mirror's Nosedive episode as possible sources of inspiration. (ALSO GEORGE ORWELL'S 1984, how do I dare to forget that one.)

This could be in a sci-fi setting where someones very identity and worth is tied to a chip that registers everything, or could be a prison break from a ‘city’ where they are all detained, or a breakout from a dictatorship. We can fill in the holes to make something unique and enjoyable.

Now that you can decide whether you are interested or not, here is what you can expect from me:
  • Super slow poster. Sometimes I can post once a week, sometimes it takes me months. However, that makes me;
  • Patient. I don’t mind waiting for posts. I’m slow as well, so I entirely understand and am more than willing to revive roleplays!
  • Bad romancer. No joke, with that being said, I don’t enjoy it either. If that is your thing and a must I’m not the partner for you!
  • Excited. I may not be the most talkative or express myself as such, but I’m always enthusiastic to plot, plan, build, and write.
  • Adept roleplayer. I consider myself familiar with the concepts of roleplaying.
  • Writing sample: stalk my posting history.
And what I like in potential partners:

• Patience. I want a partner that doesn’t mind waiting for posts and won’t push me for posts either.
  • Adept. It would be appreciated that my partner is also familiar with roleplaying. I’m unwilling and unfit to hold hands through the whole process.
  • Brainstorming. What I would like above all is a partner that will actively think with me on fleshing out the story, plot, and setting.
  • World building. Not a must, but I would really appreciate it if my partner is willing to world build with me on this.

Send me a PM/DM if you think this to be interesting and want to write with me!

Last edited:
font=Poiret One]Poiret One[/font]; BioRhyme; Questrial;
Pulled from the abyss...

Which really is just my archives. Here a concept to better illustrate what I have in mind.

Of course this means I'm still looking! Send me a PM/DM if you're interested.

Citizen Credit System

The Citizen Credit System (CCS) is a reputation system that scales the citizen over four fields aiming to encourage good and just behaviour through rewards and the accessibility of privileges. With the introduction of CCS criminal activity has gone down and community has improved. Reports have shown that community participation has increased and that the measurement of happiness amongst citizens has raised since the implementation of CCS.

In each field a maximum of nine points and a minimum of zero points can be earned called credits. The credit of citizens is tracked through a chip implanted in the wrist of the right hand. Special platforms can read the chip which in turn will enable the citizen to go about their daily lives and unlock services such as the use of public transport. The citizen credit is represented in four numbers that represents each of the four spectrums in which the citizen is rated. The four fields in which citizens can earn points in are:
Political integrity - 9000
Keeps track of and measures the political and sociological beliefs of the citizen. Voting history is tracked and so will be the participation in certain movements and the coalition with groups. The membership of fraternities and involvement with radicals can affect the score. Taking everything into account it is then weighed and measured to see what sort of threat the citizen may pose towards the state. It goes without saying that those who vote for anarchy are more likely to score low.

Economic credibility - 0900
Traced here is the ability of the citizen to budget and their trustworthiness with loans. Outstanding debts will bring down the score, but that may be improved by paying off the debts and by moderate budgeting. Failure to pay within a timely manner can hurt the score again while purchasing power can increase the score as well. Active participation into the labour market and earning a full wage are favourable over the inability to retain a job.

Social integration - 0090
Rates the citizen depending on the relationships they have, the social circles they are involved in and what crowd they hang with. Encouraging networking and discouraging street youths is one way to up the social integration. An unique feature of the social aspect of the CCS is the rating system that is accessible to every citizen. Upon meeting, citizens are allowed to rate each other one to five stars, editable at any new meeting that occurs. This popularity rating encourages meaningful encounters and leaving good impressions which are needed as well to boost the credit system.

Judicial credibility - 0009
In here any encounters with the legal system are registered. The score here is a grade given to reflect the supposed understanding of the legal system by the citizen. Important factors are fulfilling their duties and plights, but also their understanding of their rights and boundaries. Past convictions brings the number down and so do legal disputes.

Poiret One; BioRhyme; Questrial;
Rising from the depths...

Yet another concept from my archives. This time a sample of a little worldbuilding I have been working on and would love to expand some more (maybe even in combination with the CCS idea above).

Of course this means I'm still looking! Send me a PM/DM if you're interested.

It has been found that even after trial and conviction judgement never fades. Prejudice will always remain along with distrust with a firm belief that one cannot change for the better. With the growing exchange of information and exposure it is almost inevitable that past sins remain hidden. The pressure to appear better than the rest demands that the rotten apples are hidden away, hopefully to bloom elsewhere, or to waste away out of anyone’s sight. Atlantis is the brainchild birthed from this demand where a second chance is elsewhere, far away.

Atlantis is a prototype modern penal colony residing at the bottom of the ocean. Build to give criminals a second chance of life the city is effectively the land of the banished and the unwanted from above. Able to house a small thousand citizens Atlantis is an experiment in the never-ending search for land expansion. Convicts that are exiled to Atlantis are banished from the mainland for life, subjected to all the ministrations and changes the newly found city is undergoing.

Poiret One; BioRhyme; Questrial;
Fantasy Adventure Idea

I have a problem! I have been building a new world with a general plot within a fantasy setting. However, now I’m stuck and I need to flesh the story out. Except, I just can’t manage myself to do so. This is where you hopefully come in. I’m looking for a partner that can hopefully help me with the plot through roleplay. They don’t have to actively worldbuild with me, they can be very passive through it all. I just need someone to bounce off ideas with, someone who doesn’t mind being a little guinea pig and above all, is patient and doesn’t mind playing multiple characters of either gender.

You can read the bare bones of it all in my showcasing thread. Or you can ignore that and go for the description below (which is even more bare, admittedly) since I did tweak and change a few details here and there.

Send me a PM/DM if you're interested.

A kingdom endures as the king stands strong. On the crossroad where mountains end and forests start a kingdom lies asleep.

The legendary city-kingdom of Stril was said to be a kingdom of greatness, where legends came true and no imagination too great. Story has it that the water that flowed into Stril was laced with honey and magic, making it sweet to the taste. It was rumoured that anyone who drank the water would be instantly cured from whatever they suffered. The minstrels sang of the maidens who would braid their hair with gold to reflect their queen who was said to be just as beautiful as she was just and kind, where the harvest each year was so bountiful that no one in Stril had to suffer in hunger and where Stril would still have plenty to share with the other kingdoms.

With such grand tales of its greatness it was inevitable for Stril to have jealous enemies looking to steal away their fame and success. Many attempts were done to find the secret of Stril, but they were met with an equal amount of failures. While today the existence of the kingdom is greatly disputed by many, scholars still can't help themselves but continue speculating and theorising on what had brought Stril its legendary grandeur.