Once upon a Time: New Saviors

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_inline_nwhb4qebUD1tejwuk_500.gif
[fieldbox=☆Alexandria MacKenzie Lancaster☆, #55AE3A, solid]
The sleep that came quickly left and soon Alexandria was just sitting with her eyes closed, getting lost in her own mind. What was she doing in a car with an eighteen year old, talking about a stupid cursed town? She had no idea. The silence was pleasant for a brief period of time; that is until Aidan spoke up about her comment when she called him a five year old. She heard everything that he told her,she just chose to pretend to be asleep, not wanting to deal with the pain in the butt. However, when he started shouting at her, she jerked awake and shot a glare at him. "Geez, what the hell is your problem!?"She questioned, glaring daggers at him before she closed her eyes again; only to open them shortly.

"And I'm not the one whose talking about a cursed town that doesn't exist!" She snapped, responding to his previous comments, and ignoring the part where he pointed out that she was seventeen and still giving silent treatments. "Six years old or not, I can do what I want, and I was not a misfit." She hissed. That was a little on the touchy side. He was right about something, she was a total misfit at the Trent house and if she remembered correctly, he was the only one that would play with her since she always caused so much trouble. All the other kids stayed far away from Alexandria, not wanting to receive a beating. Even after she had been adopted she was still considered a misfit and had a hard time making friends, so yeay, she appreciated it if she wasn't called a misfit.

Crossing her arms over her chest she moved to look out the window, wishing that they would reach the small town already but that was probably two days away...if these two could last that long in a car ride together. She wouldn't be surprised if one of them got killed and there was a small feeling in the pit of her stomach that told her Aidan would easily kill her if he could. "Okay, the stories that I hear are different. Peter Pan was the good guy, he fought Captain Hook, kept the pirates from destroying things. He showed Wendy and her family Neverland and brought them back home when they wanted to go back." She countered, a bit uncomfortable with the fact that an evil peter pan was supposedly her father. "And now here you are, driving a stupid little yellow bug, telling me that Peter Pan was a bad guy and he's my father!?" She was getting irritated, that much was evident and though Alexandria was trying to calm down, it wasn't working very well.

"Peter Pan is the good guy and he was always seen as the good guy!" She told him, trying to convince herself more than anything. Pinching the bridge of her nose, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Can you pull over please? I won't run away or anything, I just...I have to get out for a second." Though she didn't believe it, her head was still spinning from all this information and at this point and time, she seriously felt as if she was going to be sick. Resting her head against the head rest, she closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths.[/fieldbox]​

Aidan Mills
tumblr_static_9gf7dha3jwg0w84k0g4wko400.gif

So she was awake this whole time.. This only irritated Aidan further than he wanted to be. Aidan remembered Alexandria as an annoying little girl but he didn't remember her this annoying. His grip tightened on the steering wheel, to the point where the started to turn white. This continued without Aidan's realization as he became more and more irritated with Alexandria by the second. "My problem is that my life depends on some idiot girl's actions! I barely even know you! How am I supposed to trust you enough to ensure I live?" Aidan pointed out, glaring back to the red head. What had seemed to be a relatively normal, ignoring the choice of topic, was now a full-on argument between the two teenagers. Aidan hadn't prepared for Alexandria to get on his nerves this much.. He knew that she might pester him, and it would be difficult to convince her of her true destiny but he didn't expect this.. What had once been a mission was now a chore. He was practically babysitting her, just like he did when they were children.

Nothing had changed then.. Alexandria was still the oblivious, helpless little girl she was so many years ago and Aidan was stuck cleaning up her messes and shielding her from whatever dangers seemed to be threatening her at the time. Whether that be a cold, some toddler bully, or a troll. Aidan just wanted it all to be over.. He was sick of having to follow Alexandria around and distinguishing what was right from wrong. And then she went and insulted his buggy! He was done. He wanted so much to be done. But he couldn't. Aidan didn't know why, but no matter how much he desired or thought about running away and getting away from this chaotic mess something wouldn't let him.. Or maybe he was just a coward. 'Stop arguing, the both of you! You sound like children.' Regina commented, and Aidan couldn't really help but agree. There arguments were pointless and necessarily difficult. "I didn't say the lore about these stories were right," Aidan said reluctantly, loosing his grip on the wheel.

Alexandria then went on to explain the story of Peter Pan, as if Aidan hadn't already heard it. She seemed quite.. angry. For someone who claimed she didn't believe Aidan, she sounded quite upset that Pan was actually evil. Aidan could feel the tension in the car, and it was making him uncomfortable. He could tell that Alexandria was getting a bit antsy and extremely flustered whereas Aidan was just beginning to calm down. It didn't take long for him to fully be collected. "You're forgetting Wendy.. She's as good as they come. She sacrificed herself for her brothers, took their place when the Shadow came for them. Pan was just a man at one point.. But the idea of eternal youth corrupted him. He was practically cursed," Aidan went on to explain, offering Alexandria a sad smile. Aidan reluctantly pulled over, with the woman's permission of course. "Yeah, just.. don't run, okay? I really don't want to chase after you," the blond threatened subtly, getting out of the buggy.

His grip on the wheel tightened till the point where his knuckles turned white and for a split second, Alexandria was worried that he had become like their foster father, resorted to abuse when he got angry. She shrunk back in her seat waiting for a blow that never came. Instead he snapped at her, calling her an idiot girl and putting his life in her hands. "Oh cause I really make and break whether you live or not!" She snapped back. "Last time I checked, I just met you too, so how can my actions decide whether or not you live? Huh? Last time I checked you weren't even part of this stupid curse that you keep going on about!" Her voice rose a bit and Alexandria had to take another deep breath to calm herself down. She was young and naive, probably why she never remembered Aidan to be this irritating or rude for that matter, but things had changed. They were no longer young children, they were teenagers, yelling at each other and wanting to rip each other's heads off. Alexandria wanted to scream, punch something, break something, anything but sit in a car and yell at someone that she just recently met up with. And the fact that he went back to talking about Fairytales and everything else made her angry. She was angry at herself for deciding to come along, she was angry at Aidan for in a sense tricking her, and she was angry at that stupid book for proposing the idea that she was some stupid savior that was going to break a curse.

Alexandria sat in the passenger seat with her jaw clenched as she listened to Aidan talk about Peter Pan. That was always one of her favorite stories, she loved it. The idea that they could go to a place where they never grew up, went on adventures, talked with mermaids, she wanted all of that when she was younger. There were times when she would lie in her bed at the Trent's house or on the ground, whichever, waiting and praying that Peter Pan would show up and take her to Neverland. But that never happened and soon she grew too old but she never stopped believing, hoping that he would still come and despite her age would still take her, teach her to fly. So to sit in a yellow buggy and listen to some...jerk talk about how he was evil and corrupt, she wanted to scream and tell him to shut up. Running hand through her hair, she heard as he told her that eternal youth corrupted him and he was practically cursed. She made the mistake of glancing at Aidan, and she saw the sad smile he offered her. Alexandria turned away with an annoyed huff, not wanting to see that. "Yeay, well that's not the way the story goes." She replied back harshly.

Feeling the car pull over, she heard him comment that she shouldn't run away and how he didn't want to chase after her. "Wow, thought you would have threatened to hit me with your buggy." Alexandria responded snarkily as she got out. "Would be better for the both of us." She added as she slammed the door and made sure to walk a good distance away from Aidan. The redheaded female breathed in the fresh air, and felt the cool breeze. Immediately the tension in her body disappeared and she didn't want to go back and sit in a car with Aidan anymore. She didnt want to sit in a small tiny cramped space where the tension was so thick, you cut slice it with a knife. Running a hand through her hair, Alexandria contemplated on actually running; she even weighed the pros and cons. One con was that he had longer legs than her, so he could easily catch up, another con was that she wasn't much of a runner. Okay...there were more cons than there were pros which kind of sucks. Moving on towards the side of the road, Alexandria sat down a good couple of feet away from Aidan and his stupid little yellow bug. She would not be getting up anytime soon; after all the sun was setting and the stars were starting to come out...her favorite part.[/fieldbox]​

Aidan Mills

As Aidan's anger began to deplete and settle down, Alexandria seemed to be getting up. He barely noticed Alexandria as she scooted down into her seat.. he couldn't help but wonder what she was doing. Aidan just had to be patient with her.. He just needed to survive for two more days and he could finally have his solitude again. At least until Regina forced Aidan to sought after Alexandria's affection. Aidan softly scoffed, more in a defeated tone than anything else, "Similar to how your destiny is to save the town, mine is to aid you to that point. And if I fail, well.. Let's just say I'll be paying for another one of your mistakes," Regina didn't seem too pleased with Aidan as he said this which ultimately lead to him wishing he hadn't said it.. Regina continued to go on about how this statement would only upset Alexandria even further and how he basically just accused her of being the one who destroyed his childhood.. How dramatic. He was only implying that he was destined to fix her screw ups.

This didn't stop the pain in his chest.. The punishment.. He shouldn't say these types of things, Regina told him. He wasn't doing a very good job at keeping her happy, she insisted. He must do better. Aidan struggled silently to keep his breathing steady, to keep the signs of his current pain at bay and unbeknownst to Alexandria. Again, this hadn't been to protect her rather than try and lessen the pain he was currently feeling. Aidan wasn't quite sure how Regina was able to hurt him so much as so easily, but it worked... But over the years, Aidan had grown used to this. He had learned how not to flinch or cry as this would only anger the Trent household even more. Aidan learned how not to block his face and just accept the beatings. He learned how to tend to the wounds and hide the bruises. These thoughts seemed to be unsettling to Regina. Aidan felt a bit smug about this..

Aidan went on to ignore Alexandria's remark on his threat.. However he contemplated on whether or not chasing after her in the car would actually work.. It'd certainly be a lot easier. And a lot faster. Safety didn't really matter much as of now.. As long as she didn't die. "Don't wander off too far!" Aidan called after her, looking down at the brightly colored buggy. As much as he hated to admit it, he liked it. It was obnoxious and unnecessary and extremely weird, but Aidan liked it. Something about it just made him.. secure. He really didn't understand that. 'You do realize you're supposed to make the savior fall in love with you, not piss her off.' Regina sarcastically pointed out, and Aidan rolled his eyes at the silent voice. She wasn't helping the situation much. Aidan looked over at the savior, watching her as she walked over at sat down on the side of the road. This was going to be a really long trip..

She scoffed when Aidan told her that his life practically depended on her actions, the fact that he were to fail he would be paying for another one of her mistakes. Well it wasn't like she ever asked him to protect her. The old image of Aidan was slowly starting to slip away and he was no longer the sweet, kind and caring young boy she thought he was. Then again when she stopped to think about it, maybe he never was and that was only six year old imagination. Being told that she had to save a town was a lot of pressure, pressure that she didn't want to deal with or even think about. Glancing over at Aidan, she noticed that his breathing became slightly ragged and it seemed as if the older male was trying very hard to keep it steady. A flicker of concern showed on her face but instead Alexandria turned her gaze back out the window and ignored whatever was going on with Aidan. He was probably just getting angry and trying to control himself from blowing up at her, though that would be better. She would be able to yell right back, get her anger out of her system and maybe then, only then, they would be able to talk like regular people who just met instead of some strange old married couple.

As she walked off and away from Aidan and his yellow buggy, she heard him call out to her and tell her not to wander off too far. A big part of her wanted to just give him the middle finger, but she was a lady and she was going to be professional. "Okay mother." Alexandria called over her shoulder, waving her hand that she obviously didn't care. Well...so much for being professional. This was going to be a long trip, a day hasn't really even passed and she already wanted to turn and run. She wasn't sure if she could take another....48 to maybe even 72 hours with this guy. Running a hand through her hair, she heaved a big sigh and tilted her gaze up towards the sky, watching as the stars began to appear in the sky. She always did love the stars, she wasn't sure where this love came from, but she wasn't going to complain about it. They were beautiful, it looked as if someone had taken a dark blanketed, poked a few holes in it, and then proceeded to drape it across the sky. Another sigh left Alexandria's lips as she searched the midnight sky for any constellations, though it was still early and she found none. Turning her gaze away from the stars up above, she glanced over at Aidan who was a good couple of feet away; good that's how she wanted it.

This whole protecting thing, and making sure he lived and if she failed he would be taking the blame for another one of her mistakes....geez way to make her feel bad. she had never asked for him to watch over her, never asked for him to take the blame and protect her. Alexandria drew her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them, gently rocking back and forth. Okay, so here was what she supposedly learned today. She is apparently the child of true love, she's the savior, she has to break the curse on a town that barely anyone knows exists, her parents are Peter Pan and Wendy Darling...what else? Nope that's about it, all Fairytales and all make believe. She didn't know why she was going along with it, probably because she thought it would make things easier but instead it only made things a lot more complicated and now here she is on the side of a road wishing she never got into the car with Aidan. [/fieldbox]​

Aidan Mills

Complain, complain, complain. That's all he was hearing.. From Alexandria, from Regina. But if Aidan were to complain, he'd be crossing the line. He'd be inconsiderate and rude and utterly unworthy of anyone's time. This wasn't gender roles or anything like that, rather than Aidan was insignificant. He was just the grunt of this operation and could easily be discarded and replaced. Perhaps even by someone a bit more willing to cooperate with the savior. Aidan was just tired. Mentally and physically. Aidan thought back to the last time he had fallen asleep, and wasn't surprised to see that he couldn't remember. He was basically moving on pure adrenaline now. And Regina's commands. Regina wasn't happy that the two had stopped, however she didn't tell Aidan to get them back in the car.. So he didn't. He allowed Alexandria to have whatever mental breakdown she was in the middle of.

It wasn't like Aidan wanted to be anywhere near Alexandria. It wasn't as if she was asking for his protection and it's wasn't as if Aidan wanted to offer it to her. If it were up to him, he'd be far away from her right now. He would be back in California, living his semi-normal life and trying to forget about the crazy nonsense that was being spout into his head. But something encouraged Aidan to stay, forced him to go against his logic and continue to stand next to that horrible yellow buggy. Aidan ignored Alexandria's comment, however he was tempted to point out that Wendy Darling was her mother, not him.. Regina told him no. So the pair stayed in their positions quietly.. With Alexandria sitting and looking up at the stars and Aidan leaning against the yellow buggy, cautiously watching the savior.

Regina was getting anxious. She continued to tell Aidan that the two shouldn't stay for much longer, and risk arriving late. But she didn't say for him to put them back in the buggy. To be honest, Aidan didn't want to go back. He wanted to leave. He wanted to take Alexandria back home and then never see her again. Regina told him no. She also told him that it was time for the both of them to get back into the buggy, calmly. Aidan slowly walked over to Alexandria, sitting down next to her, and yet maintaining a good distance from her.. Aidan didn't want her to explode. "My whole life was spent circulating this curse. It was something I believed in, even from a young age. I believed that the savior could fix everything... I believed in you. And I know that's not what you want to hear. But it's the truth. I realize that I might have been fed lies all this time. But this is my life. And I'm not sure what I'll do if it turns out to be fake."

Alexandria was starting to fee a bit calmer the longer she say under the stars and away from Aidan. Well not even so much Aidan, but it helped that he wasn't there giving her all this new information. She could just sit and digest everything that was going on; she finally had a chance to let everything sink in.and she had to admit that while this was hard to believe there had to be a touch of truth and there was a small part of her that was starting to believe and another that told her to just go along with it. Though Alexandria had to admit, she wish she was back home and still is the thoughts of Aidan as some sort of prince, because that's what he was to her when she was younger. In her toddler little mind Aidan was a prince who protected her and played with her when none of the other kids wanted to. Now meeting up with Aidan again those thoughts and memories she had of him were shattered. Alexander would have been better off with the memories she had of him, rather than the ones she's gaining at this very moment. Her hazel brown eyes searched through the night sky, picking out the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper, and a few other constellations along the way.

She could hear the shuffle of feet and Alex didn't need to turn and look to know that it was Aidan. She want really mad at him now and she could probably stand his presence now that she had calmed down. She also realized she should probably apologize for snapping at him. She glanced over at him when he sat down next to her before shifting her gaze towards the sky. She listened to him explain how he believed in the curse and how this was his whole life. She understood that, she really did, believing in something or someone and knowing one thing for your whole life. Alexandria was silent for a bit before she spoke up. "That's where you and I are different." She told him, though she didn't mean it in a malicious way she was simply telling him. "I've been told my whole that Fairytales were just this, a tale, something that was told to young children to get them to go to bed." She said. "I grew up believing in them, but I also grew up being told that those characters weren't real. I was told that until I learned they weren't real." Heaving a big sigh, Alexandria pressed her lips together and ran a hand through her hair before she spoke up again.

"So imagine my surprise when told me that these Stories were real and that I'm supposed to save them...I was more than shocked." She gave a shrug of her shoulders. "I shouldn't have snapped at you like that and I'm sorry." Alexandria told him running a hand through her hair and stealing glance at the blonde haired male before her gaze shifted back over towards the yellow buggy. "Well then...I'm guessing that you also probably want to get back on the road?"[/color] She questioned, pretty sure that if he didn't he wouldnt have come and joined her so soon. Whatever though, she felt calmer now and, now that she had let everything sink in, she was sure that she could actually get through a two day trip with him. And even after they got there, she said she could start calling the shots. Alexandria was going to go along with this savior thing for awhile but she wasn't sure how long...at least not yet. [/fieldbox]​

Aidan Mills

It was easier than Aidan thought it would be, to be with Alexandria again. Not in the sense where he thought her very presence would make him feel nostalgic or whatever, but he thought knowing he'd eventually have to kill Alexandria, the girl he put so much time and effort in to saving, didn't upset him like he thought it would... He felt nothing. When he thought about it, he didn't really ever remember feeling anything real. Aidan knew when he was frustrated but he didn't think he'd ever been truly angry.. He'd been disappointed but never sad. And finally, he'd been pleased but never happy. It was only when Regina was behind the pain that Aidan felt like he was truly feeling something. Aidan averted his gaze away from Alexandria, as she continued to examine the stars. Aidan didn't really understand what the point of star gazing was.. He guessed he was just a little too impatient to focus on the tiny things like that.
Aidan Mills
Aidan Mills
What Aidan wasn't expecting was a rather calm response from Alexandria.. He had suspected to be yelled at, or maybe even brushed off. But she just seemed calm. He listened to her speak, not thinking much of the lies he had just told her.. All of it, a facade to convince her to come with him. Aidan couldn't help but find Alexandria's enthusiasm to believe him pathetic. Perhaps he even pitied her.. All he had to do was flash a smile and spout some crap charming phrases and she was stuck apologizing to him.. Regina seemed to find this whole situation pretty entertaining. Her chuckle was occupying most of his mind. He listened to her discuss how she grew up believing in Fairytales, however was also grown up told they weren't real. Whilst this applied for Aidan as well, he was also told these stories were partially true by the voice in his head so maybe they were different in that sense.

"Let's just forget about, okay? I, honestly, can't really blame you," Aidan suggested, standing back up. Alexandria seemed to know his true intentions from the begin and he smiled guiltily. He began to walk over to the yellow buggy that Alexandria had insulted earlier, and open the passenger's door. "We can't really afford to be late.." Aidan explained, before walking over to the driver's side. He was hoping that this car ride would be a little more quiet, and hopefully the two could manage to have a civil conversation. Aidan sat back down in the driver's seat and started the car. As he waited for Alexandria, Aidan began to listen to Regina as she continued to rant. 'You have to arrive by her birthday.. You have to convince her to help you find a way to solve this curse. Manipulate her into falling in love with you.. And when you're sure you have her hooked, take her heart in your hand.. And crush it.' When Regina wasn't complaining or giving Aidan the silent treatment, these instructions continued on repeat.

Aidan had offered her smiles before, but they all seemed faked, a little strained and untrue. The small guilty smile he offered her was the same, and it made her feel uncomfortable. Call it a gut feeling or something of that sort, but there was something about Aidan that put her on edge, his whole demeanor, who he was as a person...it all seemed fake. The words that Aidan spoke sometimes felt as if he was taking a cactus and rubbing it all over her body, they seemed way too charming and forced that it was hard for her to believe them. Of course though she wouldn't dare point that out, for fear of getting into another fight with him and that was one of the last things that she wanted; another fight. Alexandria watched as the older male stood up and walked back over towards the yellow buggy and opened up the passenger side door, commenting that they didn't really have time to waste. A small sigh left her lips as she took one last look up at the sky before standing up and dusting herself off. Well time to go play savior.

Getting into the car, she shut the door behind her and buckled up, silence filling the empty space. It wasn't as tense anymore and Alexandria was pretty sure that she could continue talking about this with angry now that she had digested all the information Aidan had fed her. Looking around the little car as they pulled back onto the road, she had to admit, this little yellow car was already growing on her. Who really knows why, since it was an obnoxious color, tiny and cramped, yet it just seemed comfortable. The ride was silent for a good while and she raked her mind to try and find some sort of topic but coming up short, that is until she remembered something. "So if this town is cursed..." She began, trying to formulate her words. "Then how did you figure it out? Alexandria asked. She wasnt sure how he was able to figure it out from just reading a book but who knows, books hides secrets sometimes and those secrets only reveal themselves to those that it wants to know. Books and authors were both kind of strange that way, one of the reasons why she loved to read so much; to solve the mysteries.

It was such a sad shame that Alexandria didn't know Aidan's true motives, or the fact that he had a voice in his head telling him that he had to kill her. Here she was thinking that they could probably grow to be friends and yet the thing is she is completely oblivious to the fact that his mission is to kill her, though she's not oblivious to the weird gut feeling she has. It was still telling her to run away; play the game and run as fast as she could at the first chance she got.[/fieldbox]​

Aidan Mills
Aidan Mills
Aidan Mills
Silence was good.. The woman in Aidan's head was hushed for now, other than the repetitive instructions she continued to whisper in his ears but that was just white noise now. And Alexandria had finally calmed down so she had stayed quiet.. for now. Aidan sighed, the tension in his shoulders relaxing as he laid back in his seat. Aidan had a hard time remembering a time without this voice telling him what to do in his head.. He couldn't remember much from the few years that Aidan was separated from Alexandria and the time that the voice had came back to try to convince him of finding Alexandria again.. And that was a real challenge. But he had managed, and in the span of a few months Regina was feeding him his missions and the regulations he'd have to follow.. He was preparing. He was always preparing. Aidan's head started to hurt and he knew that the thought of all that discussion of this stupid town was messing with him.

This whole curse, this whole town.. Aidan contemplated on whether death would be better than all of this. He was tired, he didn't want to hurt anyone.. But Regina told him he had to, so he stayed. She was quick to anger, and it infuriated her when these types of thoughts entered Aidan's head. Aidan didn't lie when he said his whole life circulated this curse.. However, he forgot to mention that it was also greatly tied with Alexandria's fate.. If she were to die, Aidan would live. If she somehow managed not to die, Aidan would then die himself. And if he were able to make the decision himself, he'd probably choose to die. Again, not for Alexandria's sake but for his. He wanted so much to just sleep. To just relax and be able to think for himself for once. 'These thoughts make you dangerous, Aidan. Watch yourself. You don't actually mean to die. You're important, you mean so much to this operation.'

Oh, but now Regina was just contradicting herself. Aidan may have been her son, but he meant nothing to her other than a chess piece that she couldn't have possibly cared about if it weren't for his connection to Alexandria, he would probably be dead. Sheesh, all of these thoughts about Aidan's death was freaking him out. He didn't know why these sudden bursts of rebellious thoughts were beginning but he didn't like it.Aidan barely realized that Alexandria had asked him a question, as he was zoned out so much.. It probably wasn't safe for him to be driving right now. "Hm? Oh, um.. Yeah, I visited the town as a child. I met a woman and she gave me the book. She told me that it was real, that I was to join you in the journey of breaking this curse," Aidan lied. He glanced over at Alexandria, "Trust me, I was even more reluctant to believe her than you are but it turned out she's my mother and what not and she cast the curse, blah blah blah. She regrets it, just wants to make things right."

The drive was quite peaceful now that the tension had faded and honestly Alexandria liked it better this way. The silence. She didn't feel uncomfortable...well not as uncomfortable as she was before but at least she didn't feel like punching Aidan in the face or tucking and rolling out of the car for that matter. It took awhile for Aidan to reply and he seemed to be so lost in thought that she wondered if he should be driving. That or he was just extremely tired. She would offer to drive but Alexandria was pretty sure that either Aidan would take offense to the offer, or he wouldn't trust her with his yellow buggy...probably both. She tilted her head to the side when he told her that his mother was the one who put the whole curse over the entire town and that in itself peaked her interest. How interesting. "So if I'm supposedly the child of Wendy Darling and Peter Pan...who are you the child of? Alexandria felt that he had told her previous but then again she was so upset that she could have easily missed that.

It was hard to tell what happened to Aidan after they had left, what he went through when she was gone. Was he ever adopted? Taken into a loving family like her? Or did he stay in the Trent household until he was old enough to leave? Who really knows, only Aidan does. She was curious, but there was something that kept Alexandria from asking the questions, getting to know more about what he had done once they separated. It wasn't so much because she wanted to get to know him better, but more so she could gauge his character, learn who he really was...who he had become. Deciding that there was no more conversation, at least in her book, she glanced out the window, letting the the silence settle in and thoughts consume her mind. One thing that Alexandria didn't like about being with Aidan is that it brought back all these memories she had tried so hard to block, and it was no walk down memory lane. Instead of a walk down memory lane like most would call it; it was almost as if Alexandria was being held a gun point and being forced to walk down the memories. Her gaze watched as the boring scenery passed on by while her mind was currently occupied with a multitude of thoughts.

Alexandria couldn't help but wonder what life would be like if she had stayed in foster care, was never adopted and never separated from Aidan. Things would probably be different for sure. Maybe she would have turned out like him, kind of cynical, quick to anger, and void of human emotion. Oh yes, to say that she was oblivious and naive, that's where many people underestimated Alexandria. She was a lot more observant that others realized, and she had come to realize that Aidan seemed to lack emotions, though he was upset, he didn't sound truly angry. In her opinion, it just seemed like he was going through motions, he was kind of robotic, a soldier that was being forced to do something he didn't want to do and yet he couldn't say no. She got an odd feeling when she was around the blonde haired male, but of course she wasn't going to voice those opinions.[/fieldbox]

He wasn't sure exactly when Regina had began to whisper in his mind.. When it seemed like she was filtering his thoughts and controlling his actions. For all he knew, this could've been going on since he was born. Aidan knew that others didn't have the same voice, the same scary thoughts, and the same punishments which only made him feel even more like a freak. But he didn't mind that much, as he wasn't much of what you'd call a "people person". There was something about hanging around others his age that disinterested him.. Unlike Alexandria, Aidan couldn't bring himself to embrace the idea of going out on a weekend with friends or going to parties or drinking. It all seemed so.. bland. It was going to be difficult to explain to Alexandria why Aidan hadn't ever met his brother if he had visited Storybrooke before..

And it'd also be difficult to explain how he got to Storybrooke in the first place, but he'd cross that bridge when they got there. His mind wandered to after Alexandria and Aidan had been taken out of the Trent household. They had both been sent back into the system, the difference between them being that Aidan hadn't been adopted. Whilst Alexandria's future seemed to be looking up, Aidan's started to spiral downward. He stayed in the system, going into several houses which had always been worse than the last. The physical abuse was no longer what really hurt him. Watching as everyone around him betrayed each other, abused every substance in the book, and ultimately walk down a negative path. It was only natural that Aidan followed suit.. The drugs had been one thing, but it didn't take long for Aidan to adopt their defiant behaviors as well.

Aidan looked over at Alexandria, worried that the car may have been getting too quiet and wondering if Alexandria had fallen asleep again. Thankfully, she hadn't and he could focus on the road without having to worry about whether or not he'd have to fight to keep her awake again.Alexandria asked another question and Aidan shook his head, trying to shake his thoughts out. "My parents? Well, my mother is the Evil Queen. I'm not quite sure who my father is. Don't worry, Darling, you're not the only one with an evil parent," Aidan pointed out, giving Alexandria a grim look. 'You should be proud to be related to me, idiot.' Aidan decided to ignore her, and looked at Alexandria again. She seemed to be doing better, considering. "Oh, something I forgot to mention.. The people in this town aren't really aware that they're fairytale characters.. And don't be surprised if we can't find Wendy or Pan. They probably didn't get caught in the curse."

Last edited:

Introvert and extroverted, that's how some people would describe Alexandria. She was known as an ambivert, someone who was both an introvert and an extrovert and though it didn't seem like it, she learned towards being more introverted. She enjoyed going out with her friends but sometimes socializing and getting to know others was just oh so very tiring and don't even mention going to the parties that her friends dragged her to. Alexandria wasn't really one to drink or do drugs of that sort, they never interested her and she never really thought of trying it. That's just who she was. The small talk that she was making with Aidan wasnt bad and it definitely helped with the fact that both of them were calm compared to a couple of hours ago. Upon hearing Aidan speak, she glanced over at him briefly, listening to his words before she nodded slightly and then looked away.

Being called Darling was kind of weird and it made her shift uncomfortably. And whether he was referring to her mother's maiden name or actually calling her darling, well she had no idea but either way it felt and sounded weird. It was still a bit unsettling to come to think that Peter Pan was actually evil and yet Wendy still managed to love him? Would she ever be able to manage someone who was so evil and corrupt by the idea of staying young forever? Who really knows, that wasn't really a question that she could answer. Alexandria glanced over at Aidan, finding it weird that he was the Evil Queen's son and she honestly didn't remember that much about her, except that she poisoned Snow white with an apple. She never really focused that much on that Fairytale. Upon hearing that her parents weren't in town since they didn't get caught in the curse kind of sucked. She apparently found out who her parents were and at the same time she couldn't find out what they looked like or even acted like because they didn't get caught up in this supposed curse. How unfair. Son of the evil queen, huh? Well that certainly made sense, not that he seemed vain or anything but he was quick to anger and in her opinion he was still a big butt head. Oh if only she could voice her opinions without any consequences.

Heaving a big sigh, she kept her gaze on the window, looking at the dark outside and deciding that if Aidan wanted to keep the conversation going then he could, but she truly had nothing more to say nor ask at this moment and time. Alexandria had to admit, the idea of sleep seemed very welcoming and she wanted to go to sleep but she wasn't really sure how Aidan would react, but the last time he told her to wake up well she couldn't say that was very pleasant either. "I'm going to go to sleep for a bit, is that okay? Or do you need me to stay awake so we can talk more about this...town?" She asked, unsure of why she even needed his permission in the first place, not that he told her to ask but she felt that he would yell at her again if she were to fall asleep. She was so drained by the new information that she had received and the arguments she got into with Aidan, it was more emotionally draining than it was physically and the little sleep that she could get would help.[/fieldbox]

It was easy for Aidan to pass the time in the car. He preferred to be alone and had mastered the art of entertaining one's self.. Or at least, thinking about something until he forgot that he was bored. When he wasn't planning he sure as hell wasn't socializing.. Aidan was a rather isolated person and if it weren't for Regina here telling him what he should and shouldn't say, Alexandria would've been long gone by now.. And she thought this version of Aidan was awkward. Aidan thought back to that girl who had been trying to talk to him whilst he was trying to talk to Alexandria. She wouldn't leave him alone and just thinking about her irritated Aidan. He looked at the palm of his head, where she had tried to write something. Nothing was there but scribbles now. Aidan wondered what made her friend-worthy and why people chose to put time and effort into someone so annoying.. He was referring to both that girl and Alexandria now.

You could say that the mixture of drugs Aidan tried to take and the medication set him off. It wasn't like Aidan was addicted.. And he wasn't just saying that like someone who was addicted to drugs, he actually saw no point in them. The only reason he chose to take them and to continue taking them was because he wanted to feel something. He had heard several people talk about what a life changing experience drugs were to them (whether or not it was negative didn't matter to Aidan) and how they did it to "get away". Whatever, Aidan was just tired of feeling empty. It wasn't much of a surprise when the drugs didn't seem to help, and when Regina showed up again she punished him severely for "damaging his vessel like that".. Whatever the hell that meant. But she forced him to stop and he was back again to the sober version of someone who couldn't feel anything. It was a bit disappointing considering all the hype drugs had been given and Aidan had a fair share in every type of drug out there. Nothing seemed to change.

Aidan listened to Alexandria's request and sighed. He would have seriously preferred to not hear her snoring but that seemed unavoidable now.. the girl looked like a mess. "Yeah, sure. Just don't drool on my seat, okay?" Aidan pleaded, looking over at Alexandria. If he hadn't known any better he'd say that Alexandria looked a bit disappointed when Aidan mentioned that her parents were likely not going to be in Storybrooke. Alexandria was better off not meeting Pan.. Or Malcolm, or whoever that asshat was going by these days. Aidan furrowed his brow, what had made him so angry at Pan? The blond had never even met him.. That was when Aidan realized that the thought didn't actually belong to Aidan, but to Regina and her hatred for the male had shown through in Aidan. Aidan began to wonder how many times this had happened previously, and how they had probably changed the current dilemma he was in. 'I'd appreciate it if you kept your thoughts to yourself.' Aidan said, disapprovingly.

They both seemed to be lost in their own thoughts, not that Alexandria minded. She had to admit, being with her friends was exhausting sometimes...okay all the time and her one friend, the one she was closest to, Genevive was a total whore. Harsh, yes but very true and she at least knew it. She thought back to a couple of hours ago when she was trying to pick Aidan up, trying to write her phone number on his palm and all that stuff, he looked not only uncomfortable but irritated. Which made sense, Genevive was a lot to handle sometimes and Alexandria herself wondered how and why she put up with the other girl. Sometimes she couldn't help but wonder how she was in that group of friends, they kind of sucked now that she thought about it, they were rude, made horribly crude comments and the problem about that was that they usually meant most of what they said. So why did she really hand out with them? Who knew, maybe it was cause she wanted to feel like she was wanted, or she just wanted a group of friends to call her own. However, could Alexandria really ever call them her friends? Leaving with Aidan was probably a blessing in disguise, it gave Alexandria time to think about her so called friends and if and when she got back, if she would want to deal with them or dump them. The problem with the ditch and dump was that her whole life she had felt unwanted, even when her parents adopted her, she had felt like a misfit and that no one would accept her. So when she found that group of friends it was something of a dream to her but now looking back at it, along with all her other memories, it just seemed like a nightmare.

They dragged her to parties she never wanted to go to, made fun of her for her likes and dislikes, and it just didn't seem like a healthy relationship. So lost in her own thoughts, she barely even heard Aidan, though the comment did seem to drag her out of her thoughts somewhat. "Don't worry, I don't drool." She muttered almost in a robotic tone as she turned on her side and faced towards the window. She closed her eyes hoping that sleep would come get her, but within the first ten maybe even thirty minutes, she was still very much awake. She couldn't sleep. Letting out a small sigh and hoping that Aidan didn't hear it, she opened her eyes and just continued to look out the window, looking out into the darkness and wondering if there was any wildlife out there searching for food or meeting up. Probably. Stupid thoughts by Alexandria. When Aidan had told her that there was a chance she wouldn't be meeting Pan or Wendy, she had to admit, she was a lot more saddened by the news than she thought she would be. There must have been a small part of her that was excited to meet her biological parents, finally get to see that she looked like them, get to know them and then those dreams were quickly dashed, not that she actually realized them.

Alexandria's mind wandered all over the place, from the small town, to the Trent household, to her friends, to her parents, to school, you name it. It was like her brain was turned on the off switch was broken, preventing her from actually being able to sleep, even though she had been getting the worst sleep as of late. Though Aidan had told her that Peter Pan was actually evil, that didn't stop her from wanting to get to know him more, maybe he just needed someone to actually care like her mother cared for him, if Wendy was actually her mother. And if the curse never affected them, then why would they still send her away, savior or not? These were all the sorts of questions that she wanted to ask but could't actually bring herself to do, not just because it seemed like Aidan may not know the answers, but also because in all honesty he was a bit intimidating. She didn't want to ask any stupid questions for fear of him yelling at her and so she kept silent, hoping that those questions would be answered one day.[/fieldbox]​

She was scolding him now.. It would have probable been best to leave things be, but Aidan didn't and now Regina was angry. She was screaming in his mind and the peace and quiet he had obtained a moment ago was now gone, along with Aidan's tranquility. He couldn't very much just snap at the woman, scaring Alexandria in the process and her screaming made it hard for him to think.. It seemed like Regina now knew more about Aidan's mind than he did. His head was aching and he could feel his concentration slowly slipping away.. Was Regina trying to get them killed?! Well, this was rather ironic.. Because her long term plan was probably to kill them both. Looking over at Alexandria, he decided it'd be okay to scold Regina, as the red head was fast asleep... Or so he thought. "God damnit, will you shut up, please? I'm driving," Aidan whispered frantically, which resulted in a sharp pain in his chest... God Regina could be annoying. The pain subsided quickly and Aidan rolled his eyes at his mother. She could be melodramatic.

Aidan thought back to the first time he tried to tell someone about the scary woman in his head.. Before he had gotten through the first two words, he had collapsed on the ground. He was screaming in agony because he hadn't listened to Regina and the little girl he had been placed with in his foster home had started to avoid him.. Whenever he tried to approach her after that she began to cry, resulting in the parents asking for Aidan to be removed from the household. That was when he learned the true control that Regina had over him.. He tried to get rid of her and this only resulted in another bump in his life. He rarely went against her after that. Regina was a force to be reckoned with, and one that Aidan was deathly afraid of. Not only did she control his life, but his actions and thoughts as well. He was no longer a human being rather than a pawn to this game of hers. Aidan heard a tiny sigh and looked over at Alexandria.. Had.. she been awake this whole time?!

Warily, Aidan looked over at Alexandria.. Hopefully she hadn't heard his little outburst from earlier. "So you're up.." Aidan commented, averting his gaze away from the quiet red head. What could he possibly say if she asked him about that comment from earlier? Did he just act like he had no idea what she was talking about? "Okay, since you can't sleep, how about we play a little game, just to get to know each other?" Aidan suggested, and Regina applauded him.. Distract her, make her forget. "We haven't seen each other in quite some time and it's obvious neither of us are the same people from when we last met.. So, we'll each ask a question that the other will have to answer, truthfully.. Okay?" Aidan was cautious saying this, hoping that Alexandria would ignore what happened earlier and agree to play this game. Aidan was tired, and he knew he couldn't focus on both the game and driving for very long but he just wanted enough time for Alexandria to fall asleep.. Or forget what happened, whatever came first.

The only sound in the car was sound that the car was making and the soft breathing from both the teens in the car. That was until Aidan spoke up and told someone to shut up since he was driving. Alexandria frowned slightly, wondering if it was her he was speaking to or if he was speaking to someone else, though there was no one else in the car to speak to. She wanted to ask who he was talking to but as of right now he thought she was asleep and she didn't want to randomly startle him so she decided to pretend to sleep. The silence suddenly felt very uncomfortable once more and she didn't know what to do, or what to feel now that she knew that Aidan probably talked out loud to no one else. No, no it was fine, he was probably just muttering to the demons inside his mind, she had those too, not that she would admit something like that. Those demons in her mind that constantly told her that she wasn't good enough, nor would she ever. They whispered that she mattered to no one and that she was simply a burden to those that were in her life, that they simply took her in out of pity. It was terrible really. And of course Alexandria could never tell anyone about what her feelings were, no one would really care; all they would do was tell her that she had to suck it up and start thinking positively. the thing that most people didn't take in account was the fact that she was abandoned and put into foster care with people who really didn't care, so it's a lot harder to suck it up and think positively when you've constantly been told that no one will ever want nor care for you.

"Uhm yeay, I couldn't really sleep." Alexandria muttered when Aidan had commented that she was up. Shifting in her seat she sat up and ran a hand through her hair, casting a glance at the blonde haired male before she looked towards the back seat where the book sat. As she had flipped through those pages she remembered coming across a picture with the Evil Queen holding a heart in her hands, and not that she was saying the Evil Queen had Aidan's heart, but it seemed weird. Then again she would be admitting to believing in the curse and so what she chose to do was to put the small conversation Aidan had with nobody in the back of her mind and pretend that it never happened; at least for now. Upon suggestion at playing a little game, Alexandria had to admit that she was a bit surprised, thinking that he was just too much of a robot to actually suggest something of that sort. "Sure, that sounds..." She trailed off not really sure how to finish that sentence so she just gave a shrug of her shoulders, raking through her brain for questions that she could ask him. She could ask him about the quick little previous comment he had earlier, but then again she wanted to do more research on the evil queen and see if this curse was real before she actually confronted him.

Maybe she would start off easy, ask him what his favorite color was, everyone had one...right? "What's your favorite color?" Alexandria questioned a bit cautiously. There was still a part of her that was slightly worried he too would blow up on her and then they would once again get into a big argument, something she wanted to try and avoid for the next couple of hours that they were in this car together. She had long since shut the book and now it was just resting on her lap, her fingers carefully tracing over the letters as she waited for Aidan to reply to the question, wondering if he really would answer truthfully. Just cause he was the one to suggest the game doesn't mean he had to abide by the rules he had set down; though he should. Whatever though, she was just going to go along with it to pass the time and maybe help her get back to sleep. And if it didn't help her get to sleep, then it was a nice way to pass the time until night turned into day and and it brought them just that much closer to the small town.[/fieldbox]

Aidan Mills

Maybe he could try and convince her that he was on the phone or something.. Alexandria really didn't need to know about the commands this voice in Aidan's head was telling him to do. He couldn't afford to scare her off now, when they were so close to their destination.. Well, not really but Aidan wasn't willing to fail now. Regina was calm for now, but Aidan knew that if he had managed to screw up even more than he already was she'd be quick to punish him. Aidan was aware that some people struggled with their thoughts as well.. He knew that people struggled with their insecurities and were in a constant battle between their mind and their heart but Aidan knew those voices weren't half as deceitful as Regina. She gave him no choice, he was forced to go through with these thoughts he was having whilst others could easily dismiss them.. But he was managing just fine so maybe there was no real reason to worry about Regina.

On the other hand, she was telling him to murder another human being so maybe he should have been worrying. Regina had surpassed the phase of an illusion that Aidan's mind created a long time ago.. Aidan knew that the woman was her own separate entity. He no longer doubted her existence, because he knew she existed.. She was the evil queen, seeking the destruction of all of her enemies' happiness and not worrying about how got mixed up in the process. Regina was evil. But Aidan had read that book a million times.. What the stories had forgot to mention was that Pan, that Regina they weren't always evil. They felt as if they had no choice, they were practically pushed into these roles that they were destined to follow. These readers didn't ever stop to consider this, they had tunnel vision. Regina didn't enjoy talking about her past and she didn't allow Aidan to bring it up with her either. This was how she was coping.. It wasn't the best solution and it didn't really work but this was how she dealt with her loss.

His favorite color? What mind boggling questions Alexandria had to offer.. Aidan hadn't really thought about this before. It had never occurred to him that he had a favorite color. Aidan shrugged his shoulders dismissively, "I guess the color of this buggy.. It might be a bit weird but I've grown attached to its ugliness." His eyes didn't leave the road, and he could feel Regina rustling in his mind. She was growing bored now.. This small talk didn't interest her. 'Don't screw up while I'm gone.' She demanded, and then she was gone.. Thank God. Aidan wasn't sure if he could handle her for much longer. And with her gone he could be a little more lenient with Alexandria, which meant less frustration for Aidan. The blond thought about his question before speaking up to Alexandria, "How would you describe yourself in one word?" These weren't exposing questions, rather than ways to focus on something other than the obvious tension in the car.. The two still seemed quite wary around each other.

tumblr_inline_nwhbdePdW51tejwuk_500.gif
If only Alexandria knew the true intentions of Aidan, if only she knew that Regina was in his mind planning her demise and telling him all the steps and what he needed to say. She would have been out of that car in a heart beat and if she found out the real truth behind Aidan meeting up with her again, then Alexandria would definitely take the chances of tucking and rolling out of his car. It would be better than having her heart ripped out and crushed, but as of right now she had no idea about that so it was all okay! The redheaded female ran a hand through her hair, her mind still hung up over what Aidan was talking about, who he was talking to when there was no one else in the car, and as far as she knows he didn't seem to be on the phone. Then again she had her back turned towards him so he could have dialed and called someone, but still none of it added up. Of course though she has to act like she never even heard him utter a single word or else that would set him even more on edge and the small progress that they made towards acting like they were starting to trust each other would be destroyed.

One word to describe her, huh? After he had explained that he enjoyed the color of the yellow buggy and how it had grown on him, he asked how she would describe herself in one word. Pursing her lips she had to think long and hard about that. There were so many words that could she could use to describe herself, some not as nice as others, but each worse she thought up of didn't actually fit her. Many people claimed that Alexandria was a rather complicated person and many people didn't really understand her. Not that it mattered, trying to understand a certain person when you truly didn't care about them at all was just tiring and time consuming. Alexandria would have to say that she herself was easy to explain, but hard to understand. Sometimes when people thought that they had her pinned down, she would do something to make them change their mind and just create another confusing process of figuring out who Alexandria truly was. No one understood her.

"Ambivert." Alexandria spoke up after awhile, wondering if she should explain what she was talking about. "A mix between an introvert and extrovert..." She added briefly, her mind already trying to think of new questions to ask. "How'd you really get this buggy?" She asked, believing that at first yes it was a present but as she had stated before, it doesn't seem like something he would really get himself or let someone else get him, whether Aidan grew attached to it or not. Maybe she was just paranoid, asking a question that acted on the creepy gut feeling that she had. She wanted to maybe pin Aidan down and learn his true motives, to the best of her ability at least.[/fieldbox]​

Aidan Mills
Aidan was well aware that Regina could show up at any moment and start controlling him again. He still had to be cautious, even when Regina wasn't there.. Could he possibly warn Alexandria of the woman inside his head? How everything that lead up to this moment had been controlled by her? No, that would just sound like a cheap cop out.. She'd dismiss him similar to how the rest of the people before Alexandria had dismissed him. He was crazy, after all. There was also the matter that he'd be killed in an instant and Alexandria would be left alone in Aidan's car with some dead guy and an infuriated Regina. There would be no point in warning her now.. Alexandria had her chance to run far away but she decided to go and trust someone who could've possibly been a murderer or something! Aidan wasn't a murderer.. At least not yet. Growing up, Aidan had gotten in several fights of which he usually won, takes to Regina, but none of which he enjoyed. The collusion between his fist and the other person's face made him uneasy.. He didn't like hurting them, that much he knew.

To think that one day he'd have to murder the girl sitting before him disturbed Aidan. It would be so much easier to blame Regina for all of this and that's what Aidan liked to do, however he couldn't help but think that the reason Regina had so much control over Aidan was because of how weak willed he was.. This annoying, infuriating girl was going to die because Aidan wasn't strong enough... How was he supposed to live with that? Oh right, because he had no other choice. He was forced to continue living even in the darkest moments of his life when he was ready to give up. Aidan may not have cared for this girl, but he certainly didn't feel right manipulating her like he was. If only there was a way to stop all of this.. A deep part of Aidan knew this wasn't possible. Alexandria was bound to keep trusting Aidan and he was doing nothing but lead her to her death. Like a lamb to the slaughter. What did that make Aidan? He wanted so much to help but he couldn't, he was the one doing the leading and the one to eventually end it all.. He was just as much of a monster as Regina was.

The fact that Regina was his mother didn't change anything. She was still willing to kill him and Aidan still wanted nothing to do with her. He still despised her for using him and despised her for being stronger than him. If only Alexandria could see.. If only Aidan could show her. Aidan continued to stare at the road, however he was not staring at the road anymore. He was looking down a path of which he could not go back. He was trapped. What was he supposed to do? The silence in the car was interrupted by Alexandria's sudden answer, and Aidan turned to look over at her. She had startled him back into reality. Aidan decided to accept her answer, however he was thinking more along the lines of challenging or something like that. Aidan looked awkwardly away from Alexandria as he listened to her next question. "It wasn't a gift, if that's what you're implying.. Well, my foster brother had gotten into some trouble and I had just so happened to be with him at the time.. We kind of.. stole the car in an attempt to run away from some pissed off police officer. I decided to keep it," Aidan cautiously explained, already knowing how Alexandria would react to hearing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.