Once Upon A Bar

Another high ball. Whiskey shooters. A story to hear. The bald man had just lived every working man's fantasy. Who hadn't had a boss they wanted to punch in the face? The girl with the water was sitting quietly. Johnnie heard her utter some sort of self deprecating comment to herself and ignored it. Such things weren't usually meant for others to comment on. "What brings you here tonight?" The girl didn't look like the social type, but Johnnie couldn't resist urging her to speak.

blinking in surprise, Riley glanced up to see the bartender looking at her expectantly. Taking a moment to recollect herself, she replied in a low voice, "uhm.. my dog? he, heh, needed more dry dog food and i couldn't resist checking this place out." she shut herself up from rambling by taking a long sip of water. once she set the cup down with a click, she asked politely, "what made you want to open a bar?" She rested her elbows on the counter and met the bartender's gaze timidly.

A man, no taller than 5'10 wearing a black well-tailored suit, with dirty blonde hair falling just past his ears, quietly strolled into the Jazz bar and looked around, spotting only two other guys in a room full of chicks. My luck just keeps getting better. He thought to himself as he walked up to the bar. At first glance he looked like a man with an average build, yet underneath the clothing, his body was almost the same as one could find in a catelogue for men. Roy was also just inducted into the hall of fame for Jazz musicians and broke the record for being the youngest one to get in. Reaching the bar, Roy pulled out a ten dollar bill while sitting down on one of the bar stools and looked the bartender dead in the eyes "Your best scotch on the rocks please, and keep the change," he said with a confidate tone behind every word.

A young lady in her twenties drifts in and out of the bar as she tries to decide whether or not to go inside.
'What's a better place,' she thought to herself, 'than a bar?' Drinks, music, people you've never met before.. It was perfect! 'Ah, but these clothes.. ' she opened the door and stepped outside. 'Oh, but that's okay, no one knows me.. ' She opened the door again and stepped inside. 'But, they're all girls.. ' she stepped outside and closed the door behind her again. She looked down at the clothes that she had ordered off of a random fashion catalog. A jean skirt, a white tank with an olive green blazer on top, and brown sandal heels that she was still having problems walking in. 'I wonder if this kind of stuff looks nice on me..?' She shook the thought from her head, and inhaled suddenly, fixing her wide-frame glasses.

Without letting herself think, she walked into the bar and sat in one of the empty seats. "M-miss, Tequila Sunrise, please!" she said almost too loudly, her brain still trying to catch up with her. When it did though, she realized that the bartender was still taking care of a man in a suit. "U-uhm s-sorry. When you're not busy that is.. No rush..!" She said hurriedly, her eyes darting down to look at her skirt. 'So there were guys, too.. ' She thought as she slowly took a look around, quickly spotting a few other men. She mentally slapped herself for not noticing them sooner and she hung her head in embarrassment. Ignoring her goal to improve her social skills, she decided to just close her eyes and listen to the music.

"This isn't actually my bar. Well, I guess I own part of it, but not much. I've been friends with the owner since childhood, and I've been bartending almost as long. He wanted to open his own place, and he asked me to help." She gave the girl a smile, feeling proud of the girl for talking to her.

Johnnie turned her attention from the girl to the man that had just walked in. His gaze was somewhat intimidating, but she didn't let it show. She took the bill with a smile, adding a "thank you," and reached for a scotch glass. "Classy drinking tonight? This music must really be working." The way he had looked her straight in the eyes made her nervous, and she let out a half laugh at her bad joke.

feeling extremely proud of herself, Riley nodded at her words and glanced at the man that had walked in. he looked like her ex-boyfriend. someone who thinks he's the best looking man in the room. someone that is obsessed with them self. also known as, a narcissist. scoffing once again inaudibly, she turned her attention to the girl that seems to be hesitating to be coming in. she watched as the woman came in, only to go out again. the corners of her mouth turned up as she watched her. she obviously was new to bars.

Riley suddenly felt the urge to talk to her, or anyone. the only thing holding her back was her conversation skills. She could easily ask something about them. but, when it came to questions directed at her. Her brain seemed to blank. Only luck occasionally gets her out of those kinds of situations.

"You could say that," was Roy's reply before taking the scotch from the bartender. He took a quick sip of the dark amber liquid and felt the burn as it made its way down his throat. "Jazz has always been my type of music. Started to learn to play it in elementary school and never stopped, even to this day." Taking another sip of his scotch, he turned to the woman who had taken a quick glance at him earlier. "So what brings you to this place, he asked, before noticing that she was drinking a glass of water. "Had a bad experience with alcohol?" Roy asked.