On the Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noaklin had to admit that she was Kasia was rather quick thinking, despite not knowing anything about the human world. Noaklin had never heard of England, but she assumed it was a true place, so she nodded, smiling to Kasia. "That's cool. I've never met someone from England before." Noaklin commented, swerving around a woman pushing a stroller. She could see the club now. "How old are you anyways?"

"Old? Oh. Twenty-three," she smiled, thankful for a much easier question, flashing that same pageant grin to the woman they had swerved around when feeling she could be a little angered by it. Pushing a stroller with a gurgling baby in intense heat was hardly a simple thing, and Kasia knew that. Children may be something she wanted in her life at some point, but it didn't mean that she thought they were perfect - they were annoying and stressful.

Besides, she needed a partner before that happened, and that was hardly likely, really. It would have happened already otherwise.

"What about you~?"​

"Twenty-two. So about the same age." Noaklin lied smoothly, as if it were second instinct for her. In fact, it was exactly just that. Being born with dark magic had left her with a sinful mind and manner. Killing and lying were as easy to her as eating was to humans.

"Well, we have arrived." She said, motioning to the bar Coral Lock that stood before them. It was a simple bar with tinted windows. Inside, Naoklin could see a few men sitting and drinking, the bartender chatting with the one on the far end. "I do not know if you will like it, but it is pretty quiet around this time."

"Oh, this is lovely," she smiled, and for once, it wasn't a lie leaving her mouth, and it wasn't a faux sense of amusement either to act 'human'. No, it was a genuine comment that left her, mostly for the fact the little bar was shrouded in shade, and offered coolness from the heat - it was a surprise that no other humans had found this little pace to hide from the sun, but it was good they hadn't - crowds were the last thing Kasia needed.

She hated that about this human world - how damn busy it was. Didn't they ever relax? As a goddess, relaxation and de-stressing was highly important.

"I'll have an iced tea, and-- what do you want, Tera?" She smiled, sitting up at the bar with that same beauty-filled smile to the bartender too. "Something alcoholic, or not?"​

"If I don't get something alcoholic in me soon, I'll rot away to nothing." She mumbled, shifting on the bar stool as she sat beside Kasia. It was the one good thing about the human world in her eyes. They had amazing drinks unlike the simple mead that her real world had. "Hard ice tea please." She told the bartender, not wearing a smile like the goddess. No, she was not going to be friendly to the servants of the world. After all, her kindness was just a ploy to kill the goddess.

Eyeing the other from the side, she couldn't really stop herself from frowning. Sure, Kasia was hardly being truthful by acting over happy and friendly to both the elf and the humans, but at least she kept the charade up, rather than be blunt and have a frown on her face. That was hardly going to settle well, and the goddess found herself silent for a moment until her drink arrived and she paid up. "So, Tera... ah... you're not a social person, are 'ya~?"​

The minute the drink arrived, she took a long drink, letting the alcohol burn her throat as it slid down. She set the glass down when it was half empty, looking over at the goddess and shrugging. "No, not really. I've always been by myself." She said, looking down at the counter and resting her arms on it. It was true, she had been alone, and maybe that's what pushed the dark magic to the power it was now. Maybe if others had been more caring, her innocent, real personality wouldn't have been tucked away where it could never escape. "I never minded though. It was just the way the fates made it."

"No, fate has nothing to do with it. If you wanted to make friends, you'd make friends," she laughed, taking a sip quietly from her glass, not entirely a fan of alcohol, and with her sensitive sense of smell, the overwhelming scent from the other's glass did make her cringe a tad. "I mean, we're not friends, just happen to be sharing a drink and our time, but if you wanted to, you'd keep in touch-- not that I see that happening. No offence, hon, but you don't seem like the social sort, and fate's nothing to do with that."​

"Blunt way to put it." Naoklin grunted before lifting it up and taking another sip, letting her eyes wonder to the glasses that adorned the shelves behind the bar. "But it's refreshing. Straight to the point. None of the fluffy bullshit that everyone likes to spin into their tales." She let her gaze flick over to the goddess. If she wanted to go ahead with her plan, she had to gain the goddess' trust. That would mean she would have to keep in touch. "You're more interesting than I gave you credit for."

"So you wanna meet up tomorrow?" She asked hopefully - surprisingly, this was her way of procrastination. She knew she had to be determined, to be able to prove her doubters that she could successfully catch the criminal and bring her to justice... but didn't she deserve a little relaxation? She was used to doing just that, and finally finding someone she thought a friend to spend time with, rather than being alone... well, she was hardly going to let that slip through her fingers.

And luckily, it just so happened that she was also the person she was to capture... even if she wasn't aware of that just yet.​

Noaklin smiled, and though it seemed to be one of happiness, it was actually one of triumph. Her plan was going quicker than she thought would be possible, and she thanked her lucky stars that she got an incompetent goddess. "Sounds like a plan." She said, downing the rest of her drink and setting it on the counter, letting out a pleased sigh. Soon, soon she would kill Kasia, and hopefully, it will be just as fun as burning down her village and everyone in it.

"Ugh, that bartender is so pompous," she murmured, unaware -and happily so- of what Naoklin planned to do, sighing to herself as she downed her iced tea with a roll of her eyes. She saw the small glances and smirks the man gave her, and if all human men were like that, assuming that they were attractive and could get who they wanted, then she disliked them all. "Honestly, men are just pains-- are you in a relationship?"​

Naoklin shook her head, pressing her lips together in disgust. "No, men are very disgusting to me. I have no desire to be anywhere near them." The elf said, looking over at Kasia. IF the goddess didn't like men, did that mean that she preferred woman? "Do you prefer to date woman or something?" She asked curiously, narrowing her eyes at the woman.

"Oh, I don't date, darling," she grinned to herself, having never really held the desire to do so in her homeland. The pressure mounted against her to just find a man and produce more of their kind, and while children were a must, men... didn't do anything for her, not that she gave the impression of having a preference. But what harm did it do to admit her feelings to a 'human'? "Maybe I prefer girls though, yeah."​

"How.....interesting." Naoklin said, grinning to herself as she looked down at the empty glass, the ice slowly melting. She picked it up, letting one of the cubes slide into her mouth before she crunched it, relishing the coolness. "I'll bet you twenty bucks that your parents wouldn't be very fond to hear of that. After all, most parents want grandchildren." She said, as if she was speaking from experience. She had no experience, she just knew the gods and goddesses and how they were raised.

"Probably not," she mumbled, slightly surprised by how spot on the other was, though in fear of just letting split just how awkward it was being who she was and having her sexuality as it was too, she decided to be as vague as possible... even if the other was pretty clued up on things. "I mean, they might want grandchildren. I have six brothers, and they can always give them grandchildren, I don't necessarily have to," she shrugged casually, ordering herself another iced tea... though this time with alcohol. She needed it. "I guess they want their daughter to have a kid too, and I like children... in a way... but I also would like to date a girl when the time comes, so... they have to deal with it..."​

Status
Not open for further replies.