On the Run
Set in present day London, the recent murder of 17-year-old student Amy Harold has shocked the world. Cruelly killed in her own home by a single intruder, she was found in the morning having been beaten to death in her own bed. The police have worked out that Amy knew her killer, and are currently on the hunt to discover who had ended her life.
This roleplay follows five people; Amy's sister Kasy Harold, boyfriend Michael Frakes, closest friends Kimberly Walsh and Finn Taylor, and her former history tutor Merrick Elsworth, as they decide to meet up in order to learn more about the girl they thought they knew. However, all of them have guilty secrets relating to Amy that they hope to keep covered at any cost.
JUST AN IMPORTANT NOTE: Each main character has an important secret revolving around Amy's life before her death, which I will PM to you once your role has been accepted. You may do with this secret what you will, but you must keep it hidden from the other roleplayers. DO NOT REVEAL THE SECRET OOC.
This roleplay requires people who are capable to go the long run and are also good writers. It's more about character development than sex and romance, although you may have both as subplots. If you don't think you're able to stay involved for more than 2-3 months, please don't sign up.
01. STICK TO THE PLOT, as much as possible. Despite the characters' emotions revolving Amy's death, finding out who killed her is mainly a subplot. The main plot is in fact how the main characters survive on the streets as fugitives and how their relationships develop whether positively or negatively. As such, it is more or less a sandbox game and the characters can do whatever they like in the roleplay. Any side plot can be created, whether specific to a single character or to various, but make sure the plots are realistic. If you have a very massive plot twist you want to include, please try to run it by me first.
02. MINOR CHARACTERS. Although you have one main character each, you can create minor characters that you can control whenever you feel, to move the plot along, but please try to keep them non-vital. This means don't add their thoughts/personal feelings unless necessary and try to treat them generally as minor characters. A character profile is optional. If you want a second character or a minor character to become a main character, please run it by me first, and if accepted, please make a profile for the character.
03. SIGNING UP. Although the roleplay is technically closed to sign-ups after the five main characters are present, if you are really interested in the RP, can promise to be active and want to have a part, PM me. If I like the character/role that you are trying to include, I will allow you to create a character profile, and if that impresses me or the othes, I will accept.
04. TRY TO BE ACTIVE. Granted, you probably have other things happening in your life, but if you know you are going to be unable to roleplay for a while, notify me by PM or on this discussion. Please don't just stop writing without any reason or notice. If you are inactive for over a week without notification, your character will be made NPC for the others to share your control. You can reclaim your character later but you never know what may have happened to them in that time, so be cautious. If there is over three weeks of unnotified inactivity, your character may be assigned to another interested roleplayer and is viable to be killed off :(
05. NOTIFIED INACTIVITY. That being said, if you do notify me on any upcoming absences, we can write a temporary exit for your character to save you the trouble of having to pick up from wherever everyone else has left you. If you can't return to your character, notify me, so we can reassign or write out your character - your decision.
06. BE NICE. This goes to IC as well as OOC. If somebody hasn't replied for the day, don't make them feel unincluded by ignoring their characters in general. If there are three characters involved in a conversation, for example, try not to rush through the convo while the other roleplayer is offline otherwise they may feel left out. But of course, if only two characters are in the scene, post as much as you feel like - as long as nobody is excluded.
07. NO GODMODDING. I cannot stress this enough. There is nothing worse than a character who has no weaknesses and completely destroys everyone else. However, this doesn't mean you have to have feeble characters, just don't overdo it. There aren't any superpowers or telekinetic/telepathic abilities here, so keep it realistic.
08. USE YOUR SECRETS. Your secrets, albeit secrets, can't be hidden forever. Try to include it in the plot at some point, in any way you want. You can expose your secrets, you can confide in another character or you can add them into your character's thoughts. That being said, try not to burst out all your secrets on the third page! It is more fun if you work your way towards a revelation to build suspense, drama and shock factor. Your character can turn detective if you feel like finding out what everyone else is hiding, but don't make references to the fact that everyone has secrets as your character is only aware that they themselves are hiding something.
09. DON'T SPOIL IT. Please don't tell the other roleplayers your secrets, it has to be a surprise. If, however, by some chance you do learn another's secret, don't mention them OOC or even IC, unless your character learns the secret IC. Try to individualise your own knowledge from your characters'.
10. HAVE FUN, the most important rule. Enjoy yourself! This RP is designed to entertain you as well as the readers, so have fun with it and have fun with your secrets. If for any reason you aren't enjoying the experience, please PM me so that I can help fix the problem.
Role: Older Sister
Name: Kaskel Elan "Kasy" Harold
Kaskel is most definitely a flirt and tends to be very sarcastic, strong willed and hard headed. Of course she can be extremely professional when she's in business mode. Kasy has been said to be elegant, graceful, intelligent and a cold business woman who takes no mercy on anyone. With a strong personality that's hard to miss, Kasy is always heard and she refuses to be ignored when there is something she has to say. Always a straight forward person, Kaskel is quick witted and isn't one who'll happily allow someone else to walk all over her. Amy was Kaskel's little sister and so this meant that Kasy continuously fawned all over her little sister. Bought her all sorts of little gifts each time she came across something that reminded her of Amy. When the police had called her phone to inform her of her sister's death, Kaskel has yet to figure out how she's supposed to completely grieve over her sister; her tears seem unlimited. Everything is a catastrophe in Kasy's eyes but now that she's on the streets she has no choice but to stay strong and try to figure things out.
As a child Kaskel remembered how her parents were always arguing, Kasy being their first child and all; it wasn't easy. Kasy always had a lot of energy and did what she wanted. When Amy was born Kas didn't like the idea of a sister but soon got use to it. At the age of 17 years old Kasy went to her first rave party with her best friend, Jessica, and other friends; who she's known since elementary. They were drinking and getting high off weed, having fun like they did every other Friday night together. One moment Kaskel and Jessica were laughing with a group of guys who were trying to impress the two of them. A fight started between two jocks and while Kasy was watching in amusement to see who came out the winner, not like she was going to date any of them, Jessica was done. It only took Kaskel a second before realizing that her best friend wasn't by her side. Kasy and her other friends went searching for the bubbly blonde that was always by Kaskel's side; when things were both bright and dark. That was when Kasy realized that she needed to get her act together; her grades went from all C's to A's. Kaskel's parents didn't understand her at all, always complaining that all Kaskel thought about was Jessica. Which wasn't true but after Jessica's disappearance, Kaskel knew that if she had more into getting her life together... none of it would've happened. Kasy learned how to use her looks, intelligence and fierceness in the business world. Which is how she ended up a successful business woman. All before Amy's death.
Role: Best friend
Name: Kimberly Sophie Welsh
Weight: 160 lbs
With her confident ways, Kimberly is considered very self-assured by her peers, often portraying her as a self-possessed snob. However, that is not exactly in truth. She may seem a bit off-putting at first, but deep down, she has a heart of gold. Kimberly strives for the best, and excels in everything she has the ability to do so. She has an obstinate side and flaunts her assets when she can.
Born in early August, Kimberly was the favorite of the Welsh household. She had always been the one who aced her examinations and such that her parents would dot on her, spoiling her with anything she desired. Kimberly took that to her advantage, but in a responsible manner. She only requested for items that were necessary and practical. When Kimberly heard that her best friend was murdered, her heart shattered into smithereens. She fell into depression and refused to speak with anyone. At the moment, Kimberly is recovering, but rarely ever speaks to anyone, let alone show interaction.
Role: Best Friend
Name: Kieran Findley Taylor
Weight: 158 lbs
Finn is an intelligent young man who is currently in high school, currently studying as hard as he can since he is looking for a place in a good university which focuses on studying art. He tries to be as friendly as he can, having always been the popular one at school. At the island, he is keen to explore and likes to lead, but is overprotective of his friends.
Finn lives at home with his parents and his younger sister. Ever since he met Amy at the age of thirteen, the pair have been glued to one another and are usually always seen at each other's sides. On the night before Amy's death, she and Finn had an argument which resulted in them falling out and exchanging harsh words. He was unable to make it up with Amy before her death, causing him to feel extreme guilt.
Name: Michael Frakes
Weight: 154 pounds
Height: 5' 10''
Known to very few due to his mostly quiet nature and almost hermit-like tendencies of only going out to attend classes and occasionally meet with his few but very good friends that he has accumulated across the years for special occasions such as birthdays and holidays. Despite being almost anti-social in nature, he is very trusting when he gets close to people, coming to rely on them heavily. He also enjoys camping, swimming and other activities that take him outside, including archery and historical re-enactment which also ties into his fascination with collecting historical weapons.
Name: Merrick Bram Ellsworth
Merrick is a very passionate individual who believes that with the a little bit of patience and hard-work, anything can be achieved. Often students will come to him when they are in a jam with their English classes or when they are just sitting between a rock and a hard place with life. Friendly and dependable, the students know that he will always do right by them. Merrick is not known to be a negative individual, though he is prone to depression. He has learned to separate his feelings from his job, but when he is alone the negatives can be slightly overwhelming. Night after night, the man will stay up to obsess over a student's paper or the novel he is currently writing to steer himself away from his demons that become active in his loneliness.
Merrick was the middle child in an upper-middle class family. His father worked as a contractor and his mother was the History Professor at the local college. At first, Merrick had no idea that he wanted to be a teacher when he "grew up". His first thought was following in his older brother's footsteps and joining the United States Airforce. This had been his goal throughout high-school, but when the time came, he was not permitted to join due to his poor eyesight. When that dream was shot down, Merrick enrolled at the local college and after several years of changing his mind from Psychology, History, and finally to English, Merrick graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Secondary English Education. By the time he was 35, Merrick had moved across the ocean and settled in London, to the surprise of his parents. They had never expected him to be the one to move away from home, instead insisting that it would be his older brother and he would forever remain in the doldrums of the university town. In the midst of gaining his citizenship, Merrick is also working on becoming a teacher in the new land. He has taken up tutoring to keep his mind sharp and to gain a good reputation among his students, a reputation that will hopefully help when he finally is able to have a classroom of his own again.
You can create the names and personalities of each character, but please no godmodded characters - everyone has their flaws, and not everyone is invincible. If you wish to kill off any of the characters or include any major plot changes, please PM me. Also, get the permission of the particular character that you want to kill off before you do so, otherwise it would be unfair.
Last edited by a moderator: