On The Hunt For Cute Prey AkA Having A Open Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
From experience, being in an open relationship takes a lot of trust and communication. Open relationships don't necessarily mean "oh yah I'm gonna go have sex with many people and blah blah blah". It means, and I dunno if this is for everyone but, talking to other people (sexually or romantically) and/or having sex with other people. If you're gonna be in an open relationship, get to know possible partners before jumping right on in to the sex (for many reasons including possibilities of STDs or STIs). If you're a very possessive person and can't stand the idea of your partner fucking someone else, talking to someone else, etc, an open relationship is not for you. If you are comfortable with it but your partner is not, don't hold a grudge. Respect your partner because you wouldn't want them to be comfortable with something and you aren't and them bitching that you're a bad person for not liking said idea or whatever. Open relationships aren't for everyone, again. I'm currently with someone who isn't even open to the idea and I dunno if that would ever change but we'll see as time goes on. I'm not going to force him into an open relationship because I respect his thoughts and choices.

But yeah, it's all about communication, safety and trust. ^^

As a member of the monogamy crowd, I really appreciate having just one person to live with/love. I'm too jealous of a person to be able to see (or know about) my wife sleeping with another man/woman. I want to believe I'm all she needs, that I can give her what nobody else can (and that she is the same for me). Maybe it's a selfish reason, but I think it's okay for people in relationships to be selfish. I feel like that's why we create a title for it, we're putting our foot down and saying, "This person is with me. We're together and stronger for it."

I have no issues with open relationships, I think that for the people it works with it can be a really great experience, but I know myself too well to be deluded into thinking that *I* could do something like that. Part of the reason I enjoy monogamy is the pure trust I have in the person I'm with. Knowing that there is one person with me, who knows all of my hopes and fears and could use it against me but won't. Whose life is linked with mine in a way that nobody else could ever have.

Quick word in case I've accidentally misspoken, but when I talk about how monogamy works for me, I'm not speaking ill of the alternative. I'm not saying that polyamorous couples can't have trust (frankly, I imagine the opposite is true) but I'm saying how I perceive that trust for my own relationship.

I've been with my wife for 8 years, 3 married, and I wouldn't give up what I have for anything in this world. We've had our ups and downs, but we work as a team to solve the issues together. She doesn't want anyone else and I don't either, but that isn't to say we only find each other attractive. Monogamy doesn't mean you can only ever like one person in your life, and that's a stereotype that I dislike. I dislike seeing monogamous relationships go in the shitter because people simply refuse to work through their issues.

All that matters in any relationship is trust. Happiness will come when you trust the person you're committing yourself to, and it makes me happy to see that you (OP) are the kind of person that is willing to work through the problems you have and take them as stepping stones rather than a wall you have to break through. Breaking down walls will wear you out, but finding ways over obstacles together will make you stronger.

Reactions: Hellis
Reactions: Yanna
Having read the other comments I think a better worded way to put my position is:

I'm fine with others being in one, as long as all parties (those in the relationship themselves and their sexual parters) are consenting and aware of it.
Meanwhile for me personally, I logically get it but I'm still learning how to not associate sex with love or vice versa. Because until then being in one would just make me go mad.

Fuck I'm lucky if a female doesn't think I'm twelve and here you people are capable of having an open relationship I envy all of you sex magnets

Fuck I'm lucky if a female doesn't think I'm twelve and here you people are capable of having an open relationship I envy all of you sex magnets
No big deal sweety. IMO all men are twelve... until, say, about their mid-40s. Sometimes they stay twelve ther whole life. XD And I like them that way. :)

No big deal sweety. IMO all men are twelve... until, say, about their mid-40s. Sometimes they stay twelve ther whole life. XD And I like them that way. :)
"Men are basically children and I prefer them like this"

As if your topic title of "looking for prey" wasn't a red flag enough. It sounds to me like you're not in an open relationship, just sleeping around with whomever gives you attention while still being able to say you're with someone. Hundreds of partners?
Commitment. Dedication. Any of those ring a bell?

I pity your partner.

And before someone gets on their high horse I'm well aware of what an open relationship consists of and its implications.

I'd make a witty joke about nether regions and ball pits. But that would be in bad taste.

Therefore. I disagree with things that was said.

pJLteJC.png

I brutally murdered the Debate tag in its sleep for a reason, chum. This is a discussion, not a shit-flinging contest.

• Love
Reactions: Marchosias
"Men are basically children and I prefer them like this"

As if your topic title of "looking for prey" wasn't a red flag enough. It sounds to me like you're not in an open relationship, just sleeping around with whomever gives you attention while still being able to say you're with someone. Hundreds of partners?
Commitment. Dedication. Any of those ring a bell?

I pity your partner.

And before someone gets on their high horse I'm well aware of what an open relationship consists of and its implications.
Wow. Looks like a sense of humor is a lost art for you. :P Oh wel. You must be one boring guy to be around!

ALSO GOES FOR ERRYBODY ELSE, TOO.

GET THE FUCK BACK ON TOPIC BEFORE I LOCK THIS SHIT.

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
ALSO GOES FOR ERRYBODY ELSE, TOO.

GET THE FUCK BACK ON TOPIC BEFORE I LOCK THIS SHIT.
Sory grumpy. Just felt the need to reply to that one.

Sure thing. BTW, I can see your nick is wel-earned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.