3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern

on the hunt
about me
Hi. My name is Adrian. I’m 25 years old. I have about a decade of role-playing experience, but I’ve been writing for longer than that. I typically gravitate towards GMing my own role-plays. However, this takes up a lot of my time and effort, which is why I don’t join many groups outside of my own. When I want to try something different on the side, I default to one on ones because I feel they are less demanding.

Which brings us to this thread. Lately, I’ve been feeling kind of stale. What I really need right now is something new and exciting to feel reinvigorated again. You may just be what I need! Let me know if any of the plots below interest you, or if you have any ideas of your own that you think I might like.

what you can expect
Availability: 12NN-4PM, 7PM~ (GMT+8)
Writing Level: Adept, Advanced
Post Length: My posts average between three to five paragraphs. I can be detailed if necessary, but I don’t like to write overly lengthy posts as a general rule.
Posting Speed: Once a week, maybe more if I’m feeling extra inspired.
POV: Third person POV
Medium: Threads
Face-claims: Art (no anime), real people pictures, or just descriptions
Notes Reg. Smut: Will only rp smut with individuals 18 and above (redstar group) for obvious reasons. I don't feel comfortable writing smut with people I barely know. But when I do write smut, I prefer an 80-20 ratio, with plot taking precedence. However, I am also perfectly willing to do a role-play that's completely devoid of the steamy stuff.
Writing Samples:

Sleep was a scarce commodity. Harder to come by than food or an adequate shelter. Day and night blurred together, incoherent. Graham watched every sun set, and it seemed each one was more foreboding than the last. He had lost track of time, but time was nothing now. It was just another number. Another ache in the bones, another crease upon the brow.

Would he ever find them? That, he wondered every day when he was not thinking about Eliza's limp, cold body in his arms. Seldom he thought of anything else these days. It was the fuel that pushed him forward when the nights grew too dark, when food was scarce, when bloodthirsty savages hunted him down.

One day, he finally found it.

There it was, in its whitewashed unmistakable glory. The facility, detached from the main research grounds, was considered a junkyard of sorts back in the day. A place to store the defective cyborgs before they were destroyed forever. But some remained, untouched over the course of many centuries.

He glanced at the notebook once again, then slipped it back into his pocket. He entered the establishment. It had been left open.

This place had been searched before, likely by a group of pirates or savages that so often traversed these lands. Parts were littered about. Red and blue wires spilled out of an open hand. Broken bodies lay in heaps, eyes glassed over and unseeing. Graham picked his way through the wreckage, as if to avoid rousing the sleeping machines. Overhead, vines of green tangled with each other across the ceiling. The place reeked of abandon.

Then, something caught his vision that made him grow very still. For a moment, his lungs seemed to have stopped functioning.

Eliza.

He blinked. No, just another machine.

Graham bent down, staring into the blank canvas of a face, the open yet unseeing eyes, the slits underneath the porcelain skin. Unlike the others, she was in good condition.

He went to work.

First, he scavenged for the necessary parts and fluids to get the machine into working order again. Then, he started rebuilding her. Minutes stretched to hours, hours stretched to days, days stretched to months. There were several failed attempts. Several false hopes. But his endurance never wavered.

The day came at last...

"Wake up."

RP Link

They had been waiting underneath this bridge, right where the entrance to the passageway was located--an entrance that one would have to look closely to find, as it camouflaged itself with the stone wall. It was here that Kellen and Dakota sometimes did their secret dealings. Out of sight, out of mind.

Unless, of course, you were one of their buyers.

Kellen leaned against the wall, gloved hands fiddling with a coin that had no monetary value, just the value of the time it took to get it. In front of him, Kota absentmindedly played by the river, now and then making wisecracks to pass the time.

The latest one had Kellen rolling his eyes. The boy briefly shifted away from the wall just to give Kota a little shove--hard enough to make a point, but not quite enough to push his friend into the river. Among Kellen’s long list of crimes, murder was not one of them.

A triumphant smile tugged at his lips.

“All I hear is you talking,” he replied, reclaiming his spot against the wall. “Knew it was a matter of time before you said something stupid.”

RP Link

what i'm looking for
OOC Communication. It’s a must! I write better with people I can vibe with.
Creativity, collaboration, and openness to ideas. I want to brainstorm and work on the story’s progression with my role-play partners. It’s boring if I have to do it all by myself.
Patience. I hate, hate, hate when people pester me for replies. I promise you I have not forgotten about our role-play. It just takes me longer to respond sometimes.

interests
Cravings are indicated with an asterisk (*). These will take precedence.

GENRES: 80s*, Action-Adventure*, Alternative History, Angst, Apocalyptic*, Comedy, Coming of Age, Cyberpunk, Dark Comedy, Drama, Dystopian, Fantasy, Futuristic, Grimdark, Historical, Horror, LGBTQ+, Modern, Mystery, Noir, Political Intrigue, Post Apocalyptic, Romance*, Science Fiction, Space Opera, Steampunk*, Survival, Thriller, Tragedy*, Urban Fantasy, Wuxia

THEMES: Betrayal, Coming of Age, Death, Despair, Friendship, Heartbreak, Human Nature, Loss of Innocence, Love, Power and Corruption, Redemption, Revolution, Self

PLOT CANDIES: World-building, character arcs, dark themes, mystery, mystery, mystery!

ROMANCE CANDIES: Childhood Friends, Hurt/comfort, Slow Burn

NO-GOs: Excessive gore, anime, fandoms

PREFERRED CHARACTER GENDER: No preferences.

CHARACTER CATALOGUE: Click here

loose plots
If none of these interest you, you can PM me with your own ideas. I also wouldn't mind doing something low effort (modern rp with a straightforward plot that does not require much world-building); in fact, I'd welcome it! I need a break from world-building once in a while.

The Wayward Dreamers
Coming of Age | Apocalyptic | Music | Road trip
It is the dawn of the apocalypse. A group of teens form a band and escape their small hometown to seek fame in the city. While this is going on, a war breaks out, throwing the whole world into disarray. There will be drug use, law-breaking, and a whole lotta angst.

Urban Samurai (for lack of a better title)
Action | Horror | Urban Fantasy | Mystery | 80s | Japan
Two individuals are brought back from the dead. In exchange, they must purge the world of its demons.

Will feature mythological creatures and urban legends from Japan.

The Lonely Hearts Club
Character Conflict | Drama | Romance | Supernatural
The Lonely Hearts Club is a popular host club, probably because its hosts and hostesses are vampires.

The Bucket List
Coming of Age | Drama | Modern | Romance? | Tragedy
This involves two people who have never really seen eye-to-eye, and a dying friend that seems to be their only commonality. The dying friend's last wish is for all three of them to travel together. However, before the plan comes to fruition, s/he passes away. The other two decide to go on the roadtrip regardless, in memory of the friend they have lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: I_is_Pupper
Interested in The Wayward Dreams, and The Bucket List