After excessive adrenaline rushes and near-death experiences, a rattled coffee can brain neglected reading into an exceedingly recent confidant's financial confidence, figuring the constant IOU barrage was scarcely more than pipe dreams. But the assumed altruist never stopped astounding, not when imaginings of a picturesque, lavish lifestyle formed out from spilled hints of his mysterious past. This scrappy, scrawny wayfarer...is a rich boy?

Glen was uncertain his palpitating heart can handle further sudden revelations. Unendurable quiet followed, a glass casket separating duo dregs of humanity from regular mall-goers, incessant hums and buzzing muffled, practically imperceivable. Then someone chortled with his vocal chords, and the veteran lackey heard his own voice. "Well, if you insist. It's been...awhile since my last trim."

Besides the muggings, mayhem and possible manslaughter, what else could go wrong?

Droopy eyelids shuttered, blocking out fluorescent leers and replacing them with images burned into his retinas, mental snapshots capturing another indirectly destroyed life slumped in gore splatter so lurid even memories of it were blinding. Only the explosion seemed brighter. Or was it the fire? Or perhaps muzzle flashes, marking every event where he nearly executed the most vile sin?

A gentle pull became his saviour, plunging an unwilling time traveler back into present time. Different from bartenders unsticking his gill from counters and a certain scarlet harlot impaling with polished talons, this heave was not meant to throw him out of pubs or towards cash registers. Instead there was a kindred spirit tugging at his sleeve with childhood innocence. Nobody ever stayed within sniffing distance, let alone remain close enough to tangle limbs, and yet the fellow pariah stood beside as an equal, walking with him. Not having experienced unconditional acceptance, embers sparked inside a cobwebby soul.

Gaze changing from darting agitation to benign docility, Glen stroked his stubble-swathed face. "Maybe a shave wouldn't hurt either," he prattled, attempting to sound hearty. "Bet I would look very, uh, crunk with a hairstyle like yours."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Axel1313
Lucid stopped dead in his tracks mere feet away from the spa. Wide eyed and baffled at what had his compatriot had said mere moments ago. "Crunk?" An amused and rather unflattering snort escaped the lad. As well as a poor attempt to cover snickering. "Oh it would be Crunk as Hell Glenny. Nobody would recognize you after getting a dank haircut like mine. You'd look hella fine with this level of dope swag." He teased mercilessly with the widest possible grin on his face. Falling ever so slightly as he observed the old man's changes in expression carefully. Becoming something softer, more gentle and concerned.

He could feel the burning stares of the bustling crowd around them. Sick curiosity, confusion, jealousy, hatred even? It was unnerving but the young star hopeful was ignoring it. Long as no wise ass caught a case of the stupid and decided to speak up about it they were fine. Everything was fine.

"Come on! We're wasting too much time ol buddy boy! We'll get you the full treatment! Chip away all that crust and see what lies underneath! even if it's only for a day." He stuck out his tongue playfully as he unnecessarily kicked open the doors and yanked the old man inside. Immediately receiving an herbal slap in the face accompanied with ambient space-esq music.

A few florescent lights shone above the doorway and over the chairs of the waiting room. The rest went completely unused as the rest of the place was lite solely by overly decadent sickly sweet scented candles, gaudy natural oil infusers and more Himalayan salt lamps per square foot than what should even be considered legal. "Hold on right here for a moment. I gotta get this all set up m'kay?" Lucid gave the old timer a kind pat on the shoulder before sauntering off to the counter to talk to the oddly edgy looking worker for the place to get their appointment set up and arrangements for some new attire afterwards.

Although immune to traffic belches and tobacco fumes, the perfumed incense concoction struck as an outright olfactory assault, overpowering enough for a gag fit. Already recovering from rib pokes (not to mention relentless taunting), extra strain on a rickety bone bag almost shattered every appendage. Provided with no other choice than anticipating to be experimented on by mad stylists wielding flat irons, the town's freshest down-and-out took a seat.

Couch cushions deflating under his puny mass, he watched formalities being handled from a saggy perch while wiping coffee-flavoured sick from his beak. Always eloquent, the peroxide-dyed dreamboat seemingly had no trouble with verbose feats otherwise impossible for inept invertebrates, namely himself. If there were any truths known to a stupefied onlooker, it was that his partner owned an unraveled and unrivalled silver tongue.

"My, that was quite an entrance."

Practically leaping out of his pissy pants, Glen swiveled towards the source of husky, hot breaths blasting his ear. Another client beamed up at him, unnaturally taut expression frozen in a pleasant mask. Heavy glitter dust and caked mascara weighed down batting lashes, harsh war paint conflicting with lush, nude lips and innocuous rose blush. It was as if two different women collided, creating the freaky amalgamation hooking on the crook of his elbow.

She stroked sensitive boo-boos with a thumb painted violet. "What brings you to this place, hon?"

"W-who, me? I'm, uh, waiting for my..."—he pointed at Lucid—"him."

Without glancing anywhere gestured, the chimera nodded, so faintly that silky strands of an obvious bobbed wig slid in front of her countenance. "Don't worry," she reassured. "No need to explain. I know exactly who you are, and why you're both here."

Apprehension was a knife in the belly, twisting until fully fledged terror excreted. There really were shadows...shadowing them? Virtually teleporting across the room, Glen catapulted towards his auxiliary, greasy hands slamming against countertop. Though before he could brag about being right all along, a glimpse over the shoulder recaptured a blobby loveseat trapped in mood lighting, but nothing or nobody else. Not even a butt print besides his own.

Lacking a stalker to tattle on, the anile crackpot started crumbling. "Oh, d-don't mind me," he unstuck sticky palms from polished wood. "Just wondering how long this was going to take. I think...I'm needing to do what you kids call 'chill out' now."

"Jeezus fuck Glen!" Lucid held his chest as his heart damn near lept out of it. He was more shocked by how fast the old man moved than the loud slap of his big sticky hands on the counter(the youth behind it must have been as well as they were leaning back a good few inches now as well). Glancing back in confusion to see what he was sunning from... Nothing but the loveseat, hm. Must be the heat finally getting to the old timer. Delicate shoulders heaving in a dismissive shrug he turned back to the youth.

"We'll take the most deluxe package and longest time you have today m'kay? Looks like my pal here really needs it. Lemme pay in advance too." He winked at them. Reaching down to slip the platinum card out from his prosthetic without even blinking. The kid behind the counter however, stared slack jawed the entire time they swiped it. Must be a real new hire.
"Um, ah. Uhhm...." They clicked away rapidly on the computer. Signing them up for the treatment and time slots immediately. "Looks like we can get you in right away Sirs. I'll finish sending in the data and you can just er, go right in."
"Thanks boo, really appreciate it." He teasingly blew a kiss at them as he strut away. Motioning for Glen to follow him into the dark steamy depths of the spa.

It was a far contrast from the strange waiting area. They spared no expense in making it highly extravagant, over the top and of the utmost comfort. The scents were even more overwhelming back here but far more pleasant. Less strangling you and more gently wrapping you in a warm blanket. "First off is going to be the steam rooms ol Glenny boy! Then mudbath and seaweed wraps. Hot stone massages after some regular deep tissue ones. Well, if they can work out these stress knots right?" He chuckled. Stripping off the suit top in little time and tossing them to on of the attendants swarming them. "Oh! um, you can just remain in your undergarments if you want, okay? Can't be fully clothed or it defeats the purpose but do whatever is most comfortable."
@egghead

• Love
Reactions: egghead
Much alike the broken-mawed employee, Glen fell into an enthralled trance. Distracted by theatrics and staggering charisma, his meet with vanishing pursuers went disregarded, especially when clothes started peeling off. As bizarre as seeing another dude publicly striptease were, nothing was screwier than watching half of his handout sail across aromatic smog then flop upon some poor peon.

He treasured the reward enough to secure in a cling wrap cocoon, but the way it drooped over a living coatrack diced any leftover inkling that his silver-striped suit had sentimental value. There was no point in swaying himself with excuses of locking it away for "safekeeping". This mangy old mongrel buried mementos to forget about them.

"D-deep tissue, huh?" Glen shakily unfastened his necktie, visualizing floral-fragranced torture chambers. "Alright, but is it necessary to take off...everything? Right here?"

Seconds following the grievance exiting his noisehole, a fleecy robe, towel and slippers appeared in his grubby paws. After replacing tatters with comfort made from clouds, he carefully folded his shredded uniform, garnishing the stack with sock suspenders. "Well, this isn't so bad," he tightened his sashes knot, ready for those hot stone massages. "Let's...let's just get it over with. There's still a lot to do after we're done, r-remember?" Like running far away from whatever could be chasing them.

• Love
"You can keep on the robes and your underwear. Nudity isn't required." A bright smile crept across his face at the old man's questions and odd behaviors. This place was obviously foreign to him in every way. "And there's no need to rush things too much Glen, we just got here! Relax and soak it all in, it's still early in the day so even after a few hours of this we'll have plenty of time for other things. Getting a car, new clothes and settled in my apartment."
The young man tossed the rest of his garments to the side, leaving nothing but his thong. Thankfully in the back there were more of the older employees who were used to this sort of thing with him.

They led the duo through a set of sliding doors to the steam rooms. Ushering them to two beds covered in all manners of towels and cushioning. As well as various tools set on tables nearby. Rocks heating up in a pot and gobs of seaweed in another. Oil infusers lit up the room with a soft glow. Lucid turned to Glen with an eager smile.
"Don't worry! I made sure to tell em to go easy on you too since it's your first time. But I know you'll feel great afterwards! Trust me, you'll practically be a new man by the end of this, they'll chisel through every last bit if that crust and find the gem underneath." He teasingly punched him in the shoulder. "Diamonds form under pressure right?! Hahaaa"

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Your...apartment?" Withered away notions of crystal chandeliers and private jets reconstituted into a dismal brick prison left abandoned. Though there was an infinite gap between Glen and the corridors back in Swellsight Heights, nostrils still tingled with sour mop odour and ears rang with 24/7 inner city squeals. It was impossible to fathom anyone willing to call such squalor home, so he concluded that Mr. Moneybags more likely resided in some suburban luxury condo.

"N-not that there's something wrong with that," he cawed. "Living in an apartment, I mean. I do too. Not the best place, but rent is cheap."

A simper crawled over his chronic glower, pouring vitality into an otherwise pallid complexion. At least until pants flew off, then he awkwardly nodded in agreement whilst attempting to avoid peeking below Lucid's neck. Despite already receiving a fleshy eyeful, there was no getting used to stark nakedness.

"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled, kneading a numb shoulder as they were shepherded into choking thick fog towards almost certain doom, which emerged as cushy cots and cauldrons full of gooey sludge. "Um, whatever you say."

After planting himself on an oversized sponge and initially wincing from unaccustomed touch, stiff and raw muscles soon began relaxing under skilful manipulation. Half-asleep, he practically melted, consciousness drifting in and out while a fatigued meat vessel was pampered beyond imagination. Even the slimy paste mask (apparently called a 'facial') transpired to be less gruelling than expected. Scalding pebbles, however, were utterly intolerable, but thankfully the trial ceased before they burned through his spine.

By the end of the operation, not only did decades worth of stress shed off, Glen also appeared healthier. "Huh..." he scratched a waxed chin with freshly trimmed fingernails. "This is... I didn't think I could ever feel like this."

Unable to distinguish or describe exactly what this new sensation was, he settled on the most prominent term, flickering in his mind as erratically as a broken neon sign: different.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"You're damn right it is! I do live in one of the nicer ones but nothing extremely fancy. Despite what I've ah, laid down cash wise so far in front of you. It's a tiny bit fancy but nothing that'll blow your mind. Well...maybe except Johnny's room and my kid's but those are entirely different stories." The young man snorted.

Without further adieu he laid down on the bed and let them whisk him away to paradise. He attempted a few times to ask Glen how he was enjoying it buuuut it only seemed to come out in soft moans and groans as all of his knots were worked out. The hot stone treatment was a bit torturous. They felt like stones made of hellfire on his flesh but were at least the shortest treatment of the day.

By the end of it all the young man was giving off an almost otherworldly glow. "Feels good doesn't it old timer?" He grinned widely at Glen, who surprisingly looked like he had thoroughly enjoyed it! He was going to count that as a victory for the day. "I swear you look ten years younger. Bud, bet ya feel it too." He delivered a playful punch to the old man's arm. "Can't wait until you feel those brand new clothes I promised were in store next. Had em do some measurements bring some while we were getting the treatments done. Wasn't quite sure what you wear though so made a guess....hope business casual is alright? and some plain relaxation pants and shirts. Can't beat that for sure, and you will need it for overnight. I have things you would probably wear for that but the real problem is if you could actually wear them with well, ya know." Lucid raised his arm over his head to show the measure of a damn near a foot Glen had over him.

New clothes? Not only was the raggedy-ass wastrel honoured with extravagance beyond his budget, he was also receiving a complimentary wardrobe? "Oh, well, th-that's very considerate," he faltered. "But you've done so much already...I couldn't bother you for anything else."

Objections going either unheard or unheeded, glossy penny loafers and a hanger toting swanky duds inserted into his grasp while chaperones guided him behind a folding screen. With this brief privacy, mistrust began simmering, rising to the forefront of concern. Nothing is free, not even charity. Trickling inside were hunches that, sooner or later, he would be expected to recompense or return favours tenfold. Shaking his head, as if trying to physically dislodge premonitions of a saint stepping all over him with exact rancour as former co-workers and classmates, Glen threw on his donation.

Crisp collar, freshly pressed khakis, sturdy leather belt. No wrinkles or stains, the ensemble fit snug and precise, exactly as promised. Pulling a half-windsor knot taut, he emerged into a dim spotlight, fussily fiddling with his favourite corporate noose.

"So, what do you think?" he strived for a confident pose but the result instead resembled a cramped shrug. "About the outfit, I mean. Does it look...Is it good?"

"You look great! It all fits you so well and compliments your......frame?" Lucid clapped happily as he saw the old man walk out looking swanky as ever. Probably more than he'd ever been but he was going to keep that one to himself for the sake of Glen's self esteem. The boy himself was wearing a very simple attire. Worn looking shorts that ended just be low his buttocks, extenuating his figure while at the same time keeping him well covered. Complimented by a snug black and white striped tank top with a loose baby blue crop top that hung off of one shoulder lazily. The only thing that wasn't new were the shoes. He chose to keep a pair of rugged and very old looking black converse for the sake of comfort. And less of a pain in the ass to shove the foot of his prosthetic into.

"Soooooo old timer. Ready to head out again?" He cocked his head to the side impishly as he walked to the old timer's side. "We've still got some daylight to burn if you want to explore around the town a bit? or we could go to my place and catch some much needed Zs in a far more comfortable and less shady place. It's your call this time since I dragged you to this spa."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Indications of a secure, secluded haven harboured within an urban jungle was sufficient bait for luring Glen into a quick conclusion. "A nap does sounds nice," he arranged the answer as an agreement instead of blatantly declaring his lethargy. "Especially after...everything that happened. We could, uh, definitely use the downtime."

Eluding public exposure from the start would have been wise, considering figurative as well as literal blood was on both men's mitts, but going underground (probably) does not involve deadlines. If all else failed, his alternate plan was fleeing to some mountain shack with a new identity and several goats to keep him company until the authorities arrested their runaway runagate. Who knows, maybe turnip farming happened to be more fulfilling than drumming a keyboard and swilling canned coffee 24/7?

Backtracking through an overpopulated retail labyrinth, the mismatched pair's "borrowed" transportation was at last detected ensuing inspecting almost every aisle in a congested parking lot. "Guess my memory isn't what it used to be," he quipped, once again collapsing onto kitschy upholstery.

Ruminating on their options and how current decisions would affect whether they walked free or even survived the night, Glen instantaneously spiralled down a speculative blackhole. "This is just a thought, but maybe we should turn ourselves in," he began rambling, reasonable statements regressing into a sloshy mess. "If we explain we were forced by that...that hussy to do those terrible things, maybe they won't throw us in the cage with her. I-I can't go to prison, Lucid. We both know that I won't make it in there."

• Love
"Nap it is then. We've got all day tomorrow to terrorize the town." He grinned widely. Following the long strides of the lanky man to the best of his abilities. "Maybe we should keep this thing, makes it impossible to lose eh?" He chuckled as he sank deep into the upholstery again. It felt even softer than he remembered.

Lucid's jaw stiffened at what Glen mentioned as soon as they got in that car. "Go straight from here for ten minutes, take a right for three more blocks then left and go straight another ten to get to my place." He spoke abruptly. "Glen, we will not be turning ourselves in nor will we ever get caught. It was a small, sad gas station in the middle of nowhere right?? Who's gonna care about that? They can't possibly. And there's no way in Hell we'd run into that loon again! Even if we did then we could definitely get off on blaming her, she crazy." The lad rubbed his hands across his face. "Just....calm down alright? we'll be fine. just. fine."
@egghead

As inevitable as contracting the plague from an infected corpse's bodily secretions, laidback composure succumbed to a disease that was despair. Glen was so unprepared for the abrupt shift in atmosphere he could only obey instructions in bewildered speechlessness. At least until condoning the iron curtain dividing a decent discussion about politics or rising gas prices became too difficile.

"You...You're correct," he conceded. "I shouldn't have brought it up. I'm sorry."

Against all consolation, a tingly funny feeling gave the sentiment that his cohort was simply acting calm and collected, putting on a show of confidence he did not actually possess. For all anyone knew, the lad could have been trying to convince himself from the very beginning that nothing is amiss. Lucid ultimately was first to pull the trigger, indirectly and assuredly erasing a human life. His remorse outweighed Glen's shame by immeasurable tonnes.

"You said turn left, right?" Now that the coffin-dodger was paying attention, he noticed that this neighbourhood differed entirely from a hectic shitscape where he dwelled. Cozy toasty light filling every window, the compact community of apartments radiated welcoming hospitality in the same vein as a small close-knit town. To somebody who daily dealt with drunken howling tenants and shrilly sirens, fathoming a peaceful lodging experience with unknown creatures prevailed infeasible.

"Looks like I didn't make a wrong turn this time," Glen tried sounding enthusiastic though his deadpan inflection killed the endeavour. "But, erm, there's so many building. Which one do you live in?"

• Love
"We'll talk about it some other time." He stated in a sharp tone. Trying his best not to let his attitude get the best of him and using reason over impulse to avoid the subject altogether. Knowing all too well the situation they were both in and what they'd been through. As well as a peek into Glen's psyche under any form of stress or off putting behaviors.

"Right, turn left....It's in sight right up ahead. Pull into that parking garage and we're just a short walk and elevator ride away." The youth pointed towards a decently in shape structure. It wasn't new but for sure it was hardly to be considered old either. "Fair warning it may be a slight bit musty...it's uh. Been a while since i've been home. I didn't hire a maid service either, just asked a friend to watch it and make sure Johnny was fed and not lonely. Though pretty sure the little old lady and few of the families on the floor took care of him too. He's a little conniving moocher." He popped open a well hidden compartment on the side of his prosthetic to retrieve a set of keys.
"Anywho. Lets not linger too long. I'm sure you're starving by now and I need to order ingredients for supper."

• Thank You
An exaggeratedly laboured cough, punctuated by a sharp intake of stagnant air before continuing; a half-baked ploy of procuring time to gather his response. Or an excuse to not talk. Glen's spasming jaw and pulsating pit where a piece of mandible used to be thanked him.

"Dinner, huh?" His stomach gurgled at the prospect of a proper meal. "I can't...remember the last time I ate." At least, something not deep-fried and packaged in oily wrappers.

Descending the steep ramp leading into a subterranean stable, caramel luminescence bathed all in subduing relief. The garage, though eerily almost empty, gave off a secure vibe, as if no mischief could arise. Hell, he could probably leave the vehicle unlocked overnight without worry.

The digital dashboard clock ticked away the fifteen seconds since the short jaunt had ended. "H-hold on," he scrabbled for a match stick. "This will just take a moment."

Harvesting a final coffin nail from a crumpled package, he promptly stuffed it into an ash-permeated orifice. Huffing musty smoke at a crack in the window, his dependable routine habit fell flat at tempering fret. There was too much restless agitation riling an inconsolable coward.

"Okay, I'm fine," Glen shoved opened the door after sucking his only remaining cigarette to its filter. "Let's go, ah, enjoy that supper of yours now."

He stole a nip of whiskey when he thought Lucid was not watching, then begrudgingly trudged towards the promised elevator.

• Nice Execution!
"Meeeeee neither. Especially a nice fresh cooked one and not restaurant left overs and carnival food stand nightmares." He laughed. Giving Glen an odd side eye stare. "You know....I do have a balcony area where you can do that. You can vape in my apartment but no cigarette smoke alright? Don't want my little boy or Johnny to be exposed to that more than necessary."

He punched the elevator button. Quite literally. And to a rather high floor as well. Turning his head up to give the old clunker that had gotten them there one last thankful glance. Hopefully the last time they'd actually have to ride in it but the ol' girl had gotten them far despite being a bit...stolen.

"And toss that shit you got in the flask out. I've got loads better stuff for you! And you can have all you like too. I am more than happy too share my booze. Especially with you my big bean pole of a hero." He teased. As the worn elevator rose higher and higher the youth dug through his many pockets. Scrounging around until he manifested a small key. It was apparent he'd done this many times before as not long after a ding echoed through the uncomfortably tight space.

The metallic doors slid open with an uneasy screech. Revealing a beautifully carpeted hallway. Lit by soft, mock daylight lamps along the length of it. "Welp. what do you think? Least so far. We're not there yet but close now."

• Bucket of Rainbows
While a closet of mirrors audibly vibrated and an overhead security camera studied every movement, the bumbling defective fidgeted with an indefinitely crooked tie, straightening it as best he could. "Oh, you saw that?" Glen croaked an abrupt chortle. "I was just...trying to take the edge off. I'm no good at parties. Or dealing with people. Especially, um, tiny humans."

Once a sudden stop announced their arrival, divine rays bathed undeserving heathens with the closest heavenly comfort any mortal could feel. Ornate and elaborately-decorated, the lengthy passage seemed more believable as a palace entrance than a crash pad corridor. Incapable of closing dribbling chops, Glen soaked in extravagant ambience as he accompanied his host and entertainer. "It's so, uh, quiet. Very homey."

With a crib tour imminent, simple theories as to how the meeting would transpire soon mutated into worst case scenarios. What if he choked on the food? What if Lucid's boy revealed to be a spoiled, snotty brat who kicked guests in the shins? There was only one way to find out, and that was stepping across a welcome mat.

"Don't worry. He's still at his grandma's right now, I called someone to bring him here soon though." Lucid chuckled. "Luckily for you that also means no wild parties as well. Though I will warn you Johnny is quite the trouble maker." The young man sauntered through the halls joyously. He may have been gone a long long time but it was clear as day this place was truly a home to him.

Near the end of the corridor he stopped abruptly in front of one of the doors. He whipped out his key out and after struggling with the lock for a good amount of time finally got it swing out into the wide open spaces that was his apartment. It was nothing super fancy but far from a cheap abode. Tall windows lined an entire wall along the living room space. Apparent by the line of soft light leaking from underneath equally tall rough curtains covering them. The living room itself was modestly sized surprisingly. A simple upholstered couch, rugged wooden coffee table and one chair set around a small thin television on an simple stand. With a dvd player and ancient relic of the past known as a VCR, sitting below.

The kitchen was connected to it by only a few feet of carpeting and absolutely huge, a bit of a special request of the spunky youth. To the gripe and groan of several other residents as well, but it was a well earned one after all he'd done to even get into this place. Not to mention one of the several favors the landlord owed him.

From there the bedrooms and bathroom were set down a hallway. Out of the way of the most traveled parts of the apartment thankfully. Leaving them more isolated and quite.

"Tadaaaa!" He opened his arms wide to motion Glen inside. "Oh good it looks like the cleaning service was telling me the truth that they were still visiting. Means there should be clean linens on the bed." Lucid smirked. "We've got two and a half bedrooms and one bathroom. Hope that's not a problem...usually guests don't ah....sleep in the guest room per saaaay so it's a bit smaller than usual." He laughed nervously. "But very comfortable and the bed should be more than big enough for you, just hope you don't mind cat fur."

• Love
Similar to their first evening together, the bungling reclusive half of the combo loitered nearby an entryway, stiff and rigid, undecided on where to move or how to reply. Although Glen anticipated an impressive accommodation, he had not expected such modest living. Part of him half-assumed there would be an indoor waterpark or massive home theatre with a fifty foot screen, not the same primitive technology collecting dust in his own living room.

"I-I don't mind," he answered before cautiously venturing deeper into the apartment. "The cat hair, I mean. Anything is better than sleeping on a couch again."

After that experience he would rather languish on a cement slab than an armchair, and probably never willingly check into another hotel in his life. "So, um, does this mean nobody else is here? We're alone?"

What a relief. The soggy lump of a man was not sure if he could manage a social gathering after forcefully undergoing hectic phenomenon, leastwise not until more alcohol was circling through clogged arteries. There was seldom else for him to do except await to be invited to sit and quaff a few drinks.

• Love
"Then you'll definitely enjoy this one. It's got this foam stuff that cools as you put more pressure on it and it's about like a memory foam. And as many extra pillows as you like! Prepare your ass to lose all those layers of dark circles under your eyes Glen you're about to have the best sleep of your life!" Lucid cheered happily as he bopped over to the phone for a quick call for some groceries. Nothing special but his usual order which they always had written down. Then one more even more brief to his step mother to bring his child over. Once that was in order he headed straight towards the liquor cabinet. Pulling up the stool he used to get into it. Damn them for taking his advice too well in making it child proof...he never accounted for them making it above child height completely.

"To ease your worries. Yep! We are totally alone!"
Mewrooooowrrr! MrowooroworrooowrorowroooooooooW."
"Almost totally alone." His grin spread wide as the floofiest white cat known in existence flew down the hallway and straight underneath the young man's legs. Staring up at him with sad bright blues eyes. With the click of his tongue the little furball made a flying leap up to the legs of his shorts and onto his shoulders. "Go ahead and relax wherever you like. I'll break out the whisky while we wait for dinner supplies. Any preferences, Fireball? Pinstripe? Macallan? Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Glenmoraige?" He listed off as he dug through the various bottles in his collection. "My little tyke will be here in a few hours too, he's got some things to pack up first and don't worry. He's no rabble-rouser, may ask a million questions and if you want to watch Toy Story a dozen times but that's about it."

• Haha