Omnode IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Twins
Emotional Status: Bothered, worried.
Interacting With: Parents, Siblings
Mentioned: Straw Family, Parents​

"I know the Straws just fine, Ma." Danny said with a sigh, running his free hand through his hair "And I guess I was planning to bring over baked goods anyway...." He trailed off, before clearing his throat "But I get it, mom. Really. Uh, should we just meet you at the house, or....?"

Noah was about to put his phone away, but another 'Ding!' stopped him, informing him of another message. He took it out to look.

Lora D: Baby bro, before you saunter off to go do whatever, I got a question.

Lora D: How's Danny holding up?

Henley D: Hey, I was literally gonna ask you the same thing!

Lora D: You don't have to tell me that over text, Hen. We're sitting right next to one another.

Henley D: Pot, meet kettle.

Noah D: Alright, alright, stop. He's doing fine. A little freaked out, but he's talking to mom now, okay? And he seems...okay. Ish.

Henley D: Ish?

Lora D: Expand upon the 'Ish'

Last edited:
It was only a moment before the door opened, revealing a slender Asian woman with long black hair. "Please, come in," she said in a hushed, sad voice. "Fred and Ruth are in the living room." She stepped aside delicately to let him pass, and for just a fraction of a second, Sasori could see her forked tongue tasting the air. Another reptilian magic type, then.
The living room was visible from the foyer, and it was easy enough to make out who the bereaved parents were. There was a little bubble of silence around them, where elsewhere people murmured quietly to each other, questioning how such a thing could come to pass. There they sat: Ruth, with her auburn hair in a bob cut, her face turned ugly by despair; and Fred, his silver eyes exhausted, his arms around his wife. Sasori knew they had a son as well, but he couldn't be seen, at least from this angle. He could taste the anxiety and sadness in the air. Surely it would have been easier for everyone to return to their home, to put out of their minds what was going on.

"We'll pick you up, sweetie. Thank you. We'll be there in just a couple of minutes."

It wasn't long at all until the familiar battered old station wagon rolled up to the curb outside the bakery.

Sasori, perhaps purely by instinct, stuck his tongue out to smell the scent around the woman who exposed her reptilian tongue to him. Interesting, I suppose even beautiful women can hold a reptilian side. Used to seeing his more so brutish female counterparts, he cleared his throat as he felt a blush coming on and moved further into the house.

Ah, it seems I'm not the only one here to offer my aid. So those cars outside were for the Straws. Sasori moved his way by the other supporters. Some he recognized, others were new faces, very diverse and yet all appearing somber by the looks of it. Of course, there was no reason to be all smiles and laughs. He gave polite silent nods to those who bothered to acknowledge him, but between the whispers and seemingly premature mourning not many were willing to greet the Naga newcomer.

"Mr. Straws." Sasori spoke formally as he managed to make his way to the family on the couch. He paused however, what was he to say? I'm sorry for your loss? Don't give up hope? Get well soon? All these are cheap words on a dollar store card you send to a sick coworker.

"If there is anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to tell me." he gave a sincere bow before the respected teacher. He casually placed a hand on his head to keep his companion from falling out before raising back to his straight position. "I truly mean it."

The Twins
Emotional Status: Bothered, worried.
Interacting With: Parents, Siblings
Mentioned: Straw Family, Parents​

Noah D: Ish means he's worrying, as usual.

Noah D: Chill out. Again, he's finnnneee.

Lora D: If you say so bro.

Henley D: Wait we could've just texted Danny.

Lora D: Oopsie. Bye Noah!

Henley D: Seeya Noah.

After that, Noah got up, grinning at his brother and pocketing his phone. Danny groaned to himself, pulling on his coat "Okay, so, we're going to the straws with mom and dad. Okay?" He said, glancing at Noah, seeming a bit worried that he wouldn't be okay with this. Noah simply shrugged.

Then, the two descended down the stairs. Danny locked the doors, and they headed out, Noah waving energetically at their parents.

"Thank you," mumbled Mr. Straw, glancing towards the Naga. "Sasori, yes? It is... kind of you, to make time for us." He blinked hard a few times, looking at the floor, as his hand curled into a fist. "You know, you're the first other teacher to offer us a kind word? And after that... that damned note..." He paused for a moment, then took a deep, shuddering breath. "It means a lot. Really, thank you."

In the entryway, the reptilian woman was waving in the Danielses with quiet grace. To the left of the family room lay the kitchen, the counter holding several pre-made meals; further to the back were the children's bedrooms, Haley's door left ajar, Timothy's shut tight; and to the right, at the long living room table, sat the burly police officer currently charged with staying with the family, a crumpled piece of paper in front of him.

"It is my duty as a teacher to provide aid to all those in the school—students and teachers alike. Please know I'm always around to lend any help I can muster." Sasori found himself speaking from an organ he could only assume was his heart, or perhaps his stomach. But it felt more like his heart. "You mentioned a note?" he didn't want to come off as nosy, but after speaking to the police when they asked about notes he couldn't deny his curiosity.

He held his hands behind his back as he stood, he couldn't relax in a situation like this. Though it could be seen as him being too formal or even uncaring, it was all he could to offer his sympathy. Even though he wasn't as rigid or brutish as his fellow Naga, he was still not one to cry or break down hugging and spewing out false words of hope.

Fred gestured vaguely towards the living room table. "There was a note in... in Haley's room. I don't - please excuse me," he said, turning away, his eyes glittering with unshed tears.

This is the most uncomfortable I have ever been. Sasori admitted to himself. On paper, coming to a coworker's aid and comforting him in his time of need was the right thing to do. The moral high ground. The choice that separated him from his brothers and sisters.

And yet, now that he was here, he felt his heart race and chest clench tight.

"I see." he nodded, proving a single pat to Mr. Straw's back in a form of comfort. "Try to relax." it'd be foolish to go snooping through the house for some note. I need to try and hold some humanity within me. He tried to give aid just by his presence in the room. Not much a hugger, not much of a cryer, not much of a sympathizer.

Not much help.

Several clumps of people were speaking quietly on the edges of the room, most notably April Kellig, gossip extraordinaire, and her sister, with a woman Sasori doesn't recognize. On the table, someone had thoughtfully left out a plate of crackers and cheese for sympathizers who might get hungry, but not want to bother the family. And in front of the police officer was still that scrap of tattered paper, incongruous in the neat room.

Status
Not open for further replies.