Status
Not open for further replies.
Nightshade is still in his room, so he wouldn't be interacting with anyone. Not unless you think the gravity shift would extend to him as well?

Nightshade is still in his room, so he wouldn't be interacting with anyone. Not unless you think the gravity shift would extend to him as well?

According to Luma/Sol and what she posted, the effect covers the whole school.

Alright. So, in order for me to follow the rules, I'll have to find some way to make him interact with others.

According to Luma/Sol and what she posted, the effect covers the whole school.

Yes. But just because the gravity shift affects everyone, doesn't mean that @Luma needs to wait for everyone to react to the gravity shift before posting for Sol again.

Alright. So, in order for me to follow the rules, I'll have to find some way to make him interact with others.

Yes. Which means that, instead of making a post that only reacts to the gravity shift, you can make a post in which Nightshade reacts to the gravity shift and interacts with another member. Like... just have him... float over to another group or something. Basically any group will do.

But, again, Luma doesn't have to wait for you before posting for Sol.

Name singular: Caen(Kay-en)

Name plural: Caens(Kay-ens)

Powers/Abilities: For an average Caen, no matter what gender, they will receive at least five "Cards" (and could receive up to 20 "Cards") in a "Deck" given to them at birth. A Card is an object shaped much like a playing card of earth, though it's qualities are vastly different.
For Caens, each card will have a different art corresponding to its power. Every Card in existence will be different in abilities, ranging from, but not limited to; Spatial Manipulation (ie;moving an object, creating/controlling elements), Temporal Manipulation (ie;moving through time) and Manipulation.
For a Caen to use a Card, they must first offer up the required sacrifice to power the alteration of reality. This sacrifice is found on the back face of the card. Then, the Card will be used up as the effect takes place. Each Card then has a randomized burnout time, in which the user cannot utilize its ability,

Lifespan: 100-150 years

Physical description: Caens have many of the same physical features that humans have, and truly only have two differences. Number one, all Caens have a golden eye color, one that shines brighter in the light. Number two, all Caens have snow white hair.

Cultural description: Though Caens are similar in appearance to humans, their culture is vastly different. Caens live in tight-knit, 100 person communities, called "Rhymas". In these Rhymas, Caens live, work, and train one child who had just reached the age of the Deck (13, the age a Caen receives a Deck) for a large battle that happens once a year called the Darca.
The Darca is a great festivity in which each trained child from the Rhymas compete in games to show a certain Rhymas' dominance. The winning child is given the honor of winning for years, and is given a house within his Rhyma to live in for his life.

Realm: A world called E-2, a mirror of our own planet, the only difference being its size. It is a scaled down version of Earth, just 30% of Earth's current size.

Short description: Caens, a race of magical Card using almost-homosapiens.

Ye. I agree. I'll react soon enough. :)

Alright, sorry I delayed that longer than I probably should've. Your post is served.

Also @gamer5 and @Shinku⭐Kun since both of your characters are magically-minded, you might be able to draw from Sol's orb and use her magic. Specifically, they can create matter out of light, are extremely heat resistant, and can manipulate space (for things like wormholes, portals, flight, levitation, gravity-shift, etc). Probably with difficulty, but it's still an option if you should want to take advantage of that for whatever reason.

Name singular: Caen(Kay-en)

Powers/Abilities: For an average Caen, no matter what gender, they will receive at least five "Cards" (and could receive up to 20 "Cards") in a "Deck" given to them at birth. A Card is an object shaped much like a playing card of earth, though it's qualities are vastly different.
For Caens, each card will have a different art corresponding to its power. Every Card in existence will be different in abilities, ranging from, but not limited to; Spatial Manipulation (ie;moving an object, creating/controlling elements), Temporal Manipulation (ie;moving through time) and Manipulation.
For a Caen to use a Card, they must first offer up the required sacrifice to power the alteration of reality. This sacrifice is found on the back face of the card. Then, the Card will be used up as the effect takes place. Each Card then has a randomized burnout time, in which the user cannot utilize its ability,

Physical description: Caens have many of the same physical features that humans have, and truly only have two differences. Number one, all Caens have a golden eye color, one that shines brighter in the light. Number two, all Caens have snow white hair.

Cultural description: Though Caens are similar in appearance to humans, their culture is vastly different. Caens live in tight-knit, 100 person communities, called "Rhymas". In these Rhymas, Caens live, work, and train one child who had just reached the age of the Deck (13, the age a Caen receives a Deck) for a large battle that happens once a year called the Darca.
The Darca is a great festivity in which each trained child from the Rhymas compete in games to show a certain Rhymas' dominance. The winning child is given the honor of winning for years, and is given a house within his Rhyma to live in for his life.

Realm: A world called E-2, a mirror of our own planet, the only difference being its size. It is a scaled down version of Earth, just 30% of Earth's current size.

Short description: Caens, a race of magical Card using almost-homosapiens.

Okay, okay, time for serious GM face. I love the concept, it's actually pretty fascinating. Reminds me of tarot cards, MtG and probably Yu-Gi-Oh (though I know of Yu-Gi-Oh in concept only). As long as it's not a direct copy of anything, which it doesn't appear to be, this should be fine; inspirations are useful.

Few problems though. From your Powers/Abilities section: "... a "Deck" given to them at birth." This conflicts with the cultural description: "(13, the age a Caen receives a Deck)". Perhaps you meant 'assigned' a deck at birth, and they receive it at 13? Also, I've been told to disallow time powers. That also includes future sight, or more specifically, 'accurate' future sight. That stuff just gets kinda messy to write for.

Oh, and if your planet's a smaller Earth, the gravity's likely to be a bit lighter as well. Just something to keep in mind, you don't have to edit that in.

The winning child is given the honor of winning for years,
I'm not sure I understand what this means.

A world called E-2, a mirror of our own planet, the only difference being its size. It is a scaled down version of Earth, just 30% of Earth's current size.
Does the decrease in size affect its gravity at all? Or are we completely ignoring that? (I'm fine with the latter if you are, I just want to know what you were thinking.)

Also, can I get a bit of info on what this realm's connection to earth is and why people might be traveling from one to the other?

I think Luma covered just about everything else, though.

ooooooh

Well now I definitely have to read this.
Well that might just be me, personally picturing tarot style art on the cards xD ....I mean, they're magic cards, tarot is the first thing I think of....besides that Uno parody. Really depends on Sail's interpretation I guess.

Well that might just be me, personally picturing tarot style art on the cards xD ....I mean, they're magic cards, tarot is the first thing I think of
"Tarot style art", she says.

Tarot style art?

Which tarot?

Rider-Waite?

Something more contemporary??

Do you have any idea... how many decks... and different styles... *reaches for a small pile of tarot decks* That's the beauty of tarot. The art can be anything you want -- the meanings of each card reimagined in so many different ways. You can have a tarot deck where the Empress is depicted as Freddie Mercury, and the Star and the Moon are both puns represented by David Bowie and Keith Moon, respectively. I've had my eye on that particular deck for a while, actually.

... *headdesk* Tarot is important to me, ok.

BUT YEAH, I see what you're trying to say. I was tempted to ask for like... examples of what some of the names and concepts on the cards would be, aside from just their effects. But I thought that would be too nit-picky.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
Oh, and if your planet's a smaller Earth, the gravity's likely to be a bit lighter as well. Just something to keep in mind, you don't have to edit that in.

Unless your E2 has the same mass as earth, just "crushed" into a smaller size (greater density to volume ratio).

Ill fix the actual thingy soon XD but yeah, I was thinking more along the idea of tarot cards. (And I play magic and Yu-Gi-Oh). Like, let's say we had a picture of a few rocks falling in an artistic style(couldn't find a good one arm) and the card might be called "Serration" it would feel as if rocks were cutting the target's skin. But then, if the card head a two crossed swords, you might get long gashes in your arms. I'll put a few examples in my updated race sheet. And I see where the Darca would get confusing, I worded it poorly. :)

Like, let's say we had a picture of a few rocks falling in an artistic style(couldn't find a good one arm) and the card might be called "Serration" it would feel as if rocks were cutting the target's skin. But then, if the card head a two crossed swords, you might get long gashes in your arms.
*narrows eyes* Sooo... a traditional, Rider-Waite style? Or something a bit more lush and colorful? [/me being a tarot nerd]

They can be both my friend :) They are more commonly Rider-Waite style though

ame singular: Caen(Kay-en)

Cultural description: Though Caens are similar in appearance to humans, their culture is vastly different. Caens live in tight-knit, 100 person communities, called "Rhymas". In these Rhymas, Caens live, work, and train one child who had just reached the age of the Deck (13, the age a Caen receives the ability to use their Deck) for a large battle that happens once a year called the Darca.
The Darca is a great festivity in which each trained child from the Rhymas compete in games to show a certain Rhymas' dominance. The winning child is given the "Gravitis" Card, explained in the Realm section. They are required to use the card once, and after using it, the card is destroyed until the next year, when the previous Darca winner gives the "Gravitis" card to the next winner.

Realm: A world called E-2, a mirror of our own planet, the only difference being its size. It is a scaled down version of Earth, just 30% of Earth's current size. Since this reduced size changes the gravity, the "Gravitis" card is utilized to bring the gravity up to Earth level.

E-2 exists in the star system Proximus Centari, the closest star aside from our own sun. Caens travel to Earth in order to get certain materals they do not have much of on their own planet, by using various Cards to travel through space.

Other: A Caen receives their Deck at birth, but cannot use it until they turn 13.

Short description: Caens, a race of magical Card using almost-homosapiens

Last edited:
ame singular: Caen(Kay-en)

Cultural description: Though Caens are similar in appearance to humans, their culture is vastly different. Caens live in tight-knit, 100 person communities, called "Rhymas". In these Rhymas, Caens live, work, and train one child who had just reached the age of the Deck (13, the age a Caen receives the ability to use their Deck) for a large battle that happens once a year called the Darca.
The Darca is a great festivity in which each trained child from the Rhymas compete in games to show a certain Rhymas' dominance. The winning child is given the "Gravitis" Card, explained in the Realm section. They are required to use the card once, and after using it, the card is destroyed until the next year, when the previous Darca winner gives the "Gravitis" card to the next winner.

Realm: A world called E-2, a mirror of our own planet, the only difference being its size. It is a scaled down version of Earth, just 30% of Earth's current size. Since this reduced size changes the gravity, the "Gravitis" card is utilized to bring the gravity up to Earth level.

Other: A Caen receives their Deck at birth, but cannot use it until they turn 13.

Short description: Caens, a race of magical Card using almost-homosapiens
Most of this looks good, although I'd still like to know what connection E-2 has to earth and why any Caens might be traveling to earth.

Oh yeah. I'll just edit that in real quick XD

Status
Not open for further replies.