Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it! I went ahead and edited the above sheet instead of posting it again, if that's okay?
Alrighty, I went ahead and edited that into the race list. Feel free to start on a character.

Ok CS #2 is a GO!

Name: Anna Fade (Formally Dominique)
Race: Greyen
Age (apparent): 17
Age (Actual): 20

Abilities:
Anna discovered her ability when she was in a coma. Her ability allows her to summon a familiar. At this point she can only summon one familiar. He is a jet black panther named Hau, which means Snow in Hawaiian. She can summon him for hours on end, but the longer he stays out, the less solid he becomes. Hau can stay solid for about 4 hours, after that he becomes a bit incorporeal. As Hau becomes less solid, he loses the ability to touch things. Hau's general powers are increased strength and speed, but nothing else all that fancy.

Appearance:
b8b912b69ccb418809fd550f4a7952cc.jpg
Thigh length blonde hair, usually in a side braid, frames her rounded face. She stands at 5'2" and 110 lbs. She has a rather lean build, about average in the athletic department. Almost all the time she wears clothing that covers most, if not all her skin. Her black, square frame glasses conceal her, multi colored eyes from others.

History:
Greyens are taught from a young age to control their hunger. Anna was no different. She grew up with the normal childhood, playing with the other children. Anna was the third child to her Morta mother and a happy go lucky child and young adult. About 3 years ago when she turned 17, she was in a car accident. She had suffered some brain trauma due to being hit by an oncoming vehicle. She was hospitalized for many months in her small town clinic (Which was owned by the Dominiques) and spent most of that time in a coma. During her coma, she had her vision that revealed to her what her abilities were. It also stopped her aging.

Upon waking up, Anna found that she was starving; despite the regular meals she was being fed once a week by her human friends. The hungry Greyen stumbled out of bed and grabbed the first human she saw, which so happened to be an elderly man who was visiting his sick wife. In her half starved state, she consumed his energy much quicker than normal. By the time she realized what she had done; the man was dead in her arms. Anna was mortified and ashamed with herself. Her family soon found her and took care of the body, but Anna was never the same again.

The Dominique Family has laws that date back to before the Coven War. One such law is that if a member of the Coven kills a human, either on accident or purposefully, they are exiled from the Coven. And so Anna was exiled. She went from Anna Dominique to Anna Fade. She was given money to support herself, enough for a year or so depending on how she spent it. After a year and a half of living on her own, Anna heard about a new academy opening up. She heard that Omnibus Academy was for those of all races and walks of life. She felt that this was the best place for her and was packing her bags as quickly as she could.

Personality: Anna tends to keep to herself as much as possible. She is friendly and does like to have friends surrounding her, but she won't engage in physical contact unless she has too. Due to the problems she had in her past, she tries to feed as little as possible without it becoming dangerous to others or herself. She is rather shy the first time she meets people and isn't a big fan of being in crowds due to possibly coming in contact with other.

Other: Hau is very protective of Anna. He will summon himself when he feels someone if getting too close to Anna. Much to Anna's dismay, she hasn't been able to get him to stop this, though he does restrain himself in front of humans.

Last edited:
He is a jet black panther named Hau, which means Snow in Hawaiian.
Lol yep, it happened. I love it. Hopefully he gets along with Shadow the White Wolf.

Her black, square frame glasses conceal her, multi colored eyes from others.
Shame, the eyes are a cool racial feature. Nothing wrong with this though; it makes sense.

By the time she realized what she had done; her friend was past the point of no return. The boy named Jake she had once known was dead. Anna was mortified with herself. Her family soon found her and took care of the body. Anna was never the same again.
Most humans have a lifespan around 80-100 years, and the rate you gave was 1 hour to 1 year, with the point of no return at 25%. Based on this and the young age of the victim, she'd have to be in contact for nearly 24 hours straight. I suppose you could say she fed really quickly because of starvation? Maybe the child was a little sickly too, which is why he was in the clinic?

The Dominique Family has laws that date back to before the Coven War. One such law is that if a member of the Coven kills a human, either on accident or purposefully, they are exiled from the Coven.
Sounds like something that should be edited into your race sheet. It's worth throwing in there, since this is pretty important culturally.

Edit: sorry, I just realized this only refers to that specific coven, not the race as a whole. My bad, ignore that.

Last edited:
So I fleshed out one of the other 4 (-ish) race concepts I had. Arguably, this one's the most unique. Maybe a little 'out there', but hopefully in a fun way.

Name singular: Celestial
Name plural: Celestials
Lifespan: Ranges from the hundred-thousands to several trillion years, smaller stars lasting longer. Age has no bearing on the physical body.
Realm: Space

(Starting with the short description here, because reading this causes the rest to make way more sense.)

Short description: The ancient souls of stars transferred into self-made bodies modeled after other races. Their immense magical energy can be applied into a variety of powers and often manifests itself into a celestial halo, as well as an dark aura when absorbing light.

Celestial Halo
They have several magic orbs of light, or 'celestial orbs', that orbit the top of head in a halo, the number of which depends on the size of the star (larger star = more orbs). These can separate and float free from orbit, and are controlled by the Celestial. They function as sensual relays (they can see, hear, smell, etc) and magical conduits, through which their other magic can be used. Celestial orbs can also phase into objects (or people with more difficulty) and possess them.

Photosynthesis
Celestials have a very potent control of light, allowing them to create perfect visual illusion, render things invisible and/or 'zoom' their focus in up to near-infinite distance. They can also naturally absorb nearby light, creating a large, dark aura of about 5 feet while doing so. This is then converted into internal creation magic, which can be used to form objects or elements nearby. Using a combination of this to create a body, and a celestial orb for possession, they can control more than one body at a time. This is usually only done if they wish to experience being multiple separate races or cultures, but is generally avoided as it's confusing.

Soul Manipulation (or 'body swap')
The magic of a celestial can transfer their soul into other empty bodies. Using this (along with their creation magic) is how a celestial originally transfers their soul from star form to celestial form.

Spatial Manipulation
By manipulating space, a celestial gains the ability to levitate at high speeds and change gravity within an area, or on specific objects. This can also be used to create long-distance portals, although most have trouble creating "short-range" portals with any accuracy smaller than a small country.

Resilience
The body of a celestial is largely immune to the effects of temperature, particularly heat. They are also very well suited to surviving in space, as they're photosynthesis can provide dietary needs, as well as a protective pressure bubble. Most physical harm can also be nullified by recreating their body in 'mint condition' this way as well, as long as enough creation magic is available to do so.
A Celestial's body is self-designed so they vary significantly. They typically model their body after a race they like the appearance of. An additional 'trend' is silver eyes, which act similar to a prism, reflecting a full spectrum of colors. The most common features however, are the presence of a celestial halo, and their emission of a dark aura while absorbing light (see Photosynthesis).

A rough example of the "dark aura" of the celestials (replacing the celestial with a golf ball shape):
hCiAeIg.png
"May the stars guide you to your destination." The stars are shining. The stars are unchanging. The stars are ancient. The stars are...alive? One certainly wouldn't think so, looking up at the lights dotting the night sky, yet they are as much alive as the many 'flesh blob' creatures that started to pop up. Originally these stars passed it off as nothing but a fad; certainly no creature that fast-paced and weak-framed would last, and yet they did. Again and again. These creature had something incredible that the stars didn't. Unending, seemingly limitless growth. While most stars would continue watch from the comfort of the heavens, there were the few who wished for that alluring trait: growth. Those would be the ones to leave their body behind and become a celestial.

The greatest difference a celestial has to most other beings is their pace. This ranges from relaxed to sluggish, but is usually slower than most other races, as they aren't used to life by-the-hour rather than by-the-year. They can grow accustom to faster pacing, but it usually takes time and sometimes the prodding of others. Romance is also a fairly foreign concept to them, though they may seek it in curiosity. The primary reason a celestial will be created is curiosity, and the desire to experience what this faster-paced life has to offer. In particular, music, smell and taste are foreign delights.

Celestials love sunlight, finding comfort in the radiance of the nearby stars, especially if said star was previously their own body. They have a clear love for summer and spring, with a distaste for winter, fall, and overcast or stormy days. Heat is also a particular passion of their's, as they enjoy food and drink hot to the point of boiling. Their native language as stars is visible in the form of solar flares and is extremely complicated, with no verbal equivalent (in space no one can hear you scre-- I mean talk). Typically, their spatial manipulation is used to form portals, allowing the light to reach other stars in a reasonable amount of time. A simplified form of this can be emulated with a celestial's photosynthetic magic.

Last edited:
So I fleshed out one of the other 4 (-ish) race concepts I had. Arguably, this one's the most unique. Maybe a little 'out there', but hopefully in a fun way.

Name singular: Celestial
Name plural: Celestials
Lifespan: Ranges from the hundred-thousands to several trillion years, smaller stars lasting longer. Age has no bearing on the physical body.
Realm: Space

(Starting with the short description here, because reading this causes the rest to make way more sense.)

Short description: The ancient souls of stars transferred into self-made bodies modeled after other races. Their immense magical energy can be applied into a variety of powers and often manifests itself into a celestial halo, as well as an omni-directional shadow and a self-illuminating glow.

Celestial Halo
They have several magic orbs of light, or 'celestial orbs', that orbit the top of head in a halo, the number of which depends on the size of the star (larger star = more orbs). These can separate and float free from orbit, and are controlled by the Celestial. They function as sensual relays (they can see, hear, smell, etc) and magical conduits, through which their other magic can be used. Celestial orbs can also phase into objects (or people with more difficulty) and possess them.

Photosynthesis
Celestials have a very potent control of light, allowing them to create perfect visual illusion, render things invisible and/or 'zoom' their focus in up to near-infinite distance. They will also naturally absorb nearby light, creating a large, dark, omni-directional shadow of about 5 feet. This is then converted into internal creation magic, which can be used to form objects or elements nearby. How much of this magic they have stored is indicated by a self-illuminating glow. Using a combination of this to create a body, and a celestial orb for possession, they can control more than one body at a time. This is usually only done if they wish to experience being multiple separate races or cultures, but is generally avoided as it's confusing.

Soul Manipulation (or 'body swap')
The magic of a celestial can transfer souls (including their own) from one body to another. Using this (along with their creation magic) is how a celestial originally transfers their soul from star form to celestial form.

Spatial Manipulation
By manipulating space, a celestial gains the ability to levitate at high speeds and change gravity within an area, or on specific objects. This can also be used to create long-distance portals, although most have trouble creating "short-range" portals with any accuracy smaller than a small country.

Resilience
The body of a celestial is largely immune to the effects of temperature, particularly heat. They are also very well suited to surviving in space, as they're photosynthesis can provide dietary needs, as well as a protective pressure bubble. Most physical harm can also be nullified by recreating their body in 'mint condition' this way as well, as long as enough creation magic is available to do so.
A Celestial's body is self-designed so they vary significantly. They typically model their body after a race they like the appearance of. An additional 'trend' is silver eyes, which act similar to a prism, reflecting a full spectrum of colors. The most common features however, are the presence of a celestial halo, and their tendency to self-illuminate while darkening the area nearby (see Photosynthesis). Both of these effects are manifestations of their magic and usually show regardless of the body they inhabit.
"May the stars guide you to your destination." The stars are shining. The stars are unchanging. The stars are ancient. The stars are...alive? One certainly wouldn't think so, looking up at the lights dotting the night sky, yet they are as much alive as the many 'flesh blob' creatures that started to pop up. Originally these stars passed it off as nothing but a fad; certainly no creature that fast-paced and weak-framed would last, and yet they did. Again and again. These creature had something incredible that the stars didn't. Unending, seemingly limitless growth. While most stars would continue watch from the comfort of the heavens, there were the few who wished for that alluring trait: growth. Those would be the ones to leave their body behind and become a celestial.

The greatest difference a celestial has to most other beings is their pace. This ranges from relaxed to sluggish, but is usually slower than most other races, as they aren't used to life by-the-hour rather than by-the-year. They can grow accustom to faster pacing, but it usually takes time and sometimes the prodding of others. Romance is also a fairly foreign concept to them, though they may seek it in curiosity. The primary reason a celestial will be created is curiosity, and the desire to experience what this faster-paced life has to offer. In particular, music, smell and taste are foreign delights.

Celestials love sunlight, finding comfort in the radiance of the nearby stars, especially if said star was previously their own body. They have a clear love for summer and spring, with a distaste for winter, fall, and overcast or stormy days. Heat is also a particular passion of their's, as they enjoy food and drink hot to the point of boiling. Their native language as stars is visible in the form of solar flares and is extremely complicated, with no verbal equivalent (in space no one can hear you scre-- I mean talk). Typically, their spatial manipulation is used to form portals, allowing the light to reach other stars in a reasonable amount of time. A simplified form of this can be emulated with a celestial's photosynthetic magic.
It might take me a while to get around to reading this.

I can't remember the last time I took a shower. ;_;

Although, I might have time to read it during tonight's shift, actually... as a lot of the things still on my to-do list are things that would be difficult to do while cooped up in the computer lab.

No promises, though.

Reactions: Luma
For some reason I'm finding it incredibly hard to create a good character for my own freaking species and this is annoying me.

It might take me a while to get around to reading this.

I can't remember the last time I took a shower. ;_;

Although, I might have time to read it during tonight's shift, actually... as a lot of the things still on my to-do list are things that would be difficult to do while cooped up in the computer lab.

No promises, though.
Definitely take some time for yourself. No need to overdo it.

For some reason I'm finding it incredibly hard to create a good character for my own freaking species and this is annoying me.
That's fairly normal. The race is the easier part imo.

@Luma

They will also naturally absorb nearby light, creating a large, dark, omni-directional shadow of about 5 feet. This is then converted into internal creation magic, which can be used to form objects or elements nearby. How much of this magic they have stored is indicated by a self-illuminating glow.

I'm... really confused as to how a Celestial can glow, and have an "omni-directional shadow". Like, I literally don't know how to visualize it. >.> One or the other is doable. But both... it just doesn't make any sense to me. I feel like the glow should cancel out the shadow and vice-versa. :/ In fact, when I think about it logically... the shadow is created by the absorption of nearby light. But then the glow comes from that light being converted into magic energy. But if the light that's absorbed is just converted into magic (thus creating the glow), then we wouldn't see any shadow... because the glow is also a form of light, which would be emanating off of the Celestial...

Unless this process takes in more light than the magic glow gives off. Which I guess would result in a faint shadow -- but no visible glow. It's like: if you think of the shadow as a negative value, and the light as a positive value -- the sum of the two will either equal zero (if the two values have the same magnitude), or you'll wind up with either a positive or negative value (depending on which value had a greater magnitude to begin with), but it will always be smaller in magnitude than it was to begin with (as the opposite value's magnitude would be 'subtracted' from it). So, like I said, that leaves you with either a dim glow and no shadow, a faint shadow and no glow, or no visual effect whatsoever -- but it doesn't make sense for there to be both.

Either way -- this is really weird and confusing and difficult to think about for what is supposed to be only a small aesthetic thing. O_O Ordinarily I wouldn't try to apply math to this sort of thing, but, like I said, I seriously can't even visualize it.

The magic of a celestial can transfer souls (including their own) from one body to another.

So... they can also move around the souls of other beings?

Hmm... I'm kind of iffy on that...

Romance is also a fairly foreign concept to them, though they may seek it in curiosity.

The stars are aromantic.

I approve.

I'm... really confused as to how a Celestial can glow, and have an "omni-directional shadow". Like, I literally don't know how to visualize it. >.> One or the other is doable. But both... it just doesn't make any sense to me. I feel like the glow should cancel out the shadow and vice-versa. :/ In fact, when I think about it logically... the shadow is created by the absorption of nearby light. But then the glow comes from that light being converted into magic energy. But if the light that's absorbed is just converted into magic (thus creating the glow), then we wouldn't see any shadow... because the glow is also a form of light, which would be emanating off of the Celestial...

Unless this process takes in more light than the magic glow gives off. Which I guess would result in a faint shadow -- but no visible glow. It's like: if you think of the shadow as a negative value, and the light as a positive value -- the sum of the two will either equal zero (if the two values have the same magnitude), or you'll wind up with either a positive or negative value (depending on which value had a greater magnitude to begin with), but it will always be smaller in magnitude than it was to begin with (as the opposite value's magnitude would be 'subtracted' from it). So, like I said, that leaves you with either a dim glow and no shadow, a faint shadow and no glow, or no visual effect whatsoever -- but it doesn't make sense for there to be both.

Either way -- this is really weird and confusing and difficult to think about for what is supposed to be only a small aesthetic thing. O_O Ordinarily I wouldn't try to apply math to this sort of thing, but, like I said, I seriously can't even visualize it.
Hm...I guess you're right about it being too awkward to visualize. I'll just change the wording on the whole thing to 'dark aura'. A lot of people visualize that roughly the same way.

Also, now that I think about it, I guess it wouldn't show up 24/7; only when they need to consume the light. I'll edit that in as well.

The concept of the celestial's "dark aura" defies traditional light physics in two different ways. First it consumes the photons of light that would bounce off nearby surfaces, resulting in what appears to be a reverse light, or omni-directional shadow. Then, the magic emits a duplicate of the light that would have bounced off the celestial, so others can still see them. This is roughly the effect, visualized on a golf ball shape:
hCiAeIg.png

I also went ahead and threw that picture in the physical description as reference.

So... they can also move around the souls of other beings?

Hmm... I'm kind of iffy on that...
Body-swaps can be a fun plot device in moderation, but I guess it could get a bit hard to keep organized. I'll just limit that to themselves then.

The stars are aromantic.

I approve.
I feel like a joke just went so far above my head it became a shooting star.

Last edited:
I feel like a joke just went so far above my head it became a shooting star.
No joke. I'm just amused by the fact that you basically described them as aromantic, just without using that exact word.

...Seeing as how I myself am also aromantic.

Body-swaps can be a fun plot device in moderation, but I guess it could get a bit hard to keep organized. I'll just limit that to themselves then.
I mean, I guess you could keep it -- my concerns lie more in how practical it would actually be in the RP... I guess it's fine to keep it there as flavor text, and then only use it in the actual RP very sparingly.

No joke. I'm just amused by the fact that you basically described them as aromantic, just without using that exact word.

...Seeing as how I myself am also aromantic.
Ah, okay then. I'm a little bit aromantic too, by definition of the word. Romance is great in the stories, but at least for me, it's like the fabled unicorn: magical, nearly impossible to find, and has a sharp part to it that can impale you when you're not careful enough.

I mean, I guess you could keep it -- my concerns lie more in how practical it would actually be in the RP... I guess it's fine to keep it there as flavor text, and then only use it in the actual RP very sparingly.
Eh, I already edited the race sheet, so I'll stick with the limitation. At least until there's a scene that would undeniably benefit from it, which...seems unlikely.

HEY, LOOK, A TANGENT!

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru and Luma
Suddenly I feel the need to make a much more detailed pie chart about the subject matter of Beatles songs. Perhaps I'll find some amusing results if I actually go through all of their songs and tally that shit up.

But maybe I should sleep first. And then get caught up in my other responsibilities tomorrow and never actually do it.

...I don't think you get it.

I literally don't experience romantic attraction.

I don't get "impaled" by love because I don't fall in love in the first place.

I'm not being all like "love isn't real because I've tried dating and it always ends in heartbreak" -- I mean it is seriously difficult for me to even relate when I hear people talk about being in love and wanting to be loved because I don't have those kinds of feelings for people. I seriously don't know when a friendship is supposed to feel like something more than a friendship. There were guys who had crushes on me in high school and I was completely oblivious to it until people pointed it out to me because I guess it follows that I'd be less likely to recognize the signs of someone being in love if I personally can't relate to it. I assumed these guys just wanted to be friends. I saw them as friends. I find it difficult to imagine liking someone as anything more than that. I don't know what romantic love feels like. I don't experience it.

I just typed a very long paragraph about my feelings regarding love and then deleted it because I don't need to go into all that. o_o" Just be aware that aromanticism means literally not experiencing romantic attraction -- not just avoiding love on account of being burnt by it in the past.

Although, I suppose I, too, could describe love as being like a "fairy tale", but for completely different reasons... as I personally don't feel any magic to it.

*cough* Anyway. I guess if you really want me to further explain myself and how I came to discover that I'm aromantic then I guess that's a story I can tell sometime. For now, though, I think I'll save it...

Sorry for the rant. :/

I really should get back into the habit of venting through blog posts. 'Tis a shame I don't have the time.
I did describe myself correctly in saying I was aromantic, I just couldn't pass up the joke opportunity; the 'scorned' bit was my own flavorful imagination xD

Anyways, if celestials look good I can start on a character (which will likely involve using Google and picking a fun looking star name). Also, the prank war grows...I love it.

I did describe myself correctly in saying I was aromantic, I just couldn't pass up the joke opportunity; the 'scorned' bit was my own flavorful imagination xD

Anyways, if celestials look good I can start on a character (which will likely involve using Google and picking a fun looking star name). Also, the prank war grows...I love it.

Ahhh... so I remembered right!

And yes, Nightshade now has a shirt that just wants to hug him and squeeze him and call him "George"....... :bsmile:

Oh... ok. You made it sound like you were saying "oh haha yeah I'm aromantic too because love sucks and therefore I choose to stay away from it" and I uh... um...

I'll just refrain from speaking ever again if that's ok with people. :x

HEY LOOK A CUTE GIF

b9f4c5303e.gif

Ah so anyway. I was considering writing another race, but it seems they have a lot of spiritual ties at the moment which would have to be based in fact, rather than just belief. So I don't think that'd fly, right? Example: supernatural being is sent by others to fulfill some duty.

Oh... ok. You made it sound like you were saying "oh haha yeah I'm aromantic too because love sucks and therefore I choose to stay away from it" and I uh... um...

I'll just refrain from speaking ever again if that's ok with people. :x
Don't beat yourself up about it.

HEY LOOK A CUTE GIF

b9f4c5303e.gif

Ah so anyway. I was considering writing another race, but it seems they have a lot of spiritual ties at the moment which would have to be based in fact, rather than just belief. So I don't think that'd fly, right? Example: supernatural being is sent by others to fulfill some duty.
It depends I guess. Canonizing stuff is fine (I just canonized the stars being alive), as long as related pre-existing races can still make sense. Angels and demons in particular, ideally leave the afterlife to them.

I have a deity race sheet in the works. Same for demons. You can wait for me to get around to that, or you can talk to me about it ahead of time and make sure everything works.

Hopefully this will at least partially solve the problem of all this spiritual stuff feeling so off-limits. My goal for the RP was that people could build lore off of each other, and I'm only stopping people from getting into races that aren't theirs so that the authority for canonizing stuff doesn't land in odd places. But now it seems like everyone's afraid to get into certain things without dedicating themselves to one of the staple races, so, hopefully I can get the ball rolling for some of those things. :P

• Love
Reactions: Luma
Status
Not open for further replies.