Status
Not open for further replies.
@gamer5 I am curious though; what do people actually pay her for the weapons? Just whatever happens to be the local currency, or is it more the condition of "here's a thing, but it'll try and kill you?"

@gamer5 I am curious though; what do people actually pay her for the weapons? Just whatever happens to be the local currency, or is it more the condition of "here's a thing, but it'll try and kill you?"
Local currency is used.

After a sale is made the "Market of Death" attaches a realistic amount of MDP to each thing that is sold. And Ishika usually doesn't mention the fact that brought items might bring death to their owners - and when she does she usually says it is just the ghost of the previous owner hunting the item or some other similar story.

Reactions: Luma
I hope Ishika has fun rooming with a one eyed tentacle monster XD

I hope Ishika has fun rooming with a one eyed tentacle monster XD
She might try selling it military-grade goggles...or maybe single 'goggle' in this case xD

Reactions: chaosheart13
Hm, I'm very tempted to create a third character from one of the other races we've got. e3e...

Reactions: Kagayours
Hm, I'm very tempted to create a third character from one of the other races we've got. e3e...
I know the feeling, there are so many cool races here. I dunno if I could keep up with 3 myself though. Maybe if I think of a really good character concept I just can't pass up I could manage a second.

I'm sticking with one character/race, till the IC starts and we have some posts under our belts. Then I might consider a second.

Reactions: Raven Haruka
@EddiEddi

Hey Eddi, what's the naming of Mechani like? I know I'm jumping the gun here, but I plan on making a Mechanus character after I post a bit for the Omnibus IC and I just wanted to know how Mechani are named. Are they like human names or can the name be like an object? Do they even have last names?

@EddiEddi

Hey Eddi, what's the naming of Mechani like? I know I'm jumping the gun here, but I plan on making a Mechanus character after I post a bit for the Omnibus IC and I just wanted to know how Mechani are named. Are they like human names or can the name be like an object? Do they even have last names?
They lack last names, and tend to be named like humans, but the names have harder constanants in them. so a normal human Alexander would be pronounced "Ah-leck-zan-der" with far more emphesis on the names, almost like a german naming system, but it is also common for them to be named after their great works, or have unique titles as for their station.

They lack last names, and tend to be named like humans, but the names have harder constanants in them. so a normal human Alexander would be pronounced "Ah-leck-zan-der" with far more emphesis on the names, almost like a german naming system, but it is also common for them to be named after their great works, or have unique titles as for their station.
Ah, got it. Thank you for the clarification!

@EddiEddi

Another thing, do Mechani wear clothes? I know it's a silly question but I just wanted to make sure. Hoo boy am I jumping the gun orz

@EddiEddi

Another thing, do Mechani wear clothes? I know it's a silly question but I just wanted to make sure. Hoo boy am I jumping the gun orz
Nope. unless they are diplomats. they love to show off their 'pure self' as it were.

Name: Soto

Race:
Mista

Age (apparent): Going by human standards for appearance, around 16-18.
Age (actual): 17

Appearance:
Soto is a Mista that stands at 205cm -- roughly 6 feet and nine inches tall. Her hands and arms are peppered with faded scarring from various injuries suffered in the wild; fights with wild animals, scuffs and scrapes from falling and tripping, the usual set of dangers that face a Mista in their day to day life. Despite the rough lifestyle her injuries suggest, she has a soft, friendly face with plump cheeks and a wide, eager smile. A bit further up, her eyes are a dark brown, almost close to the black of her shoulder-length, incredibly messy hair. Not messy as in it's a bit unkempt, but messy as in it's full of leaves, dirt and twigs, as well as looking so wild that it could be mistaken for a wild beast making its home on her head. Her clothing consists mainly of boots, a loincloth, armor and gloves all crafted from animal hide and trimmed with fur. These things, too, are covered with dirt.

Bio:
Soto belongs to a tribe of Mista residing in one of the earth's rainforests. She was the runt of a large clutch of over thirty brothers and sisters, who she spent much of her childhood learning beside. Like many Mista, her early life consisted of her parents and the tribe's elders teaching her the ins and outs of Mista life; hunting, fighting off threats, and the legends of her people. Simple things that built up the basics of life she knew, and helped her to build up her own personality and personal methods of handling the various problems that would crop up from time to time. She grew into one of her tribe's finest hunters over time, and the elders deemed it fit to have her act as their ambassador among the others.

For two years after that, from the time Soto was 15 to 17 years old, she worked diligently to improve relations with other Mista tribes, while frequently checking in with the tribe's chief to recieve new directives or other important information. On her seventeenth birthday, she was chosen as part of a larger scale project run by her tribe. She was to serve as the first to attend any form of education outside of their forest, given a few basic supplies and food to take on the way there, and sent on her way to Omnibus Academy.

Other:
Soto is skilled with a number of languages, but will slip back into her own when she isn't particularly thinking about it. She's never tasted anything sweeter than fruit, and would likely have some form of meltdown if introduced to an abundance of sugar too quickly.

• Love
Soto is skilled with a number of languages, but will slip back into her own when she isn't particularly thinking about it. She's never tasted anything sweeter than fruit, and would likely have some form of meltdown if introduced to an abundance of sugar too quickly.
Goddammit. I tell myself I'm not going to bring back Moon or any of the other silvers, but then I see this, and I imagine the two of them tearing the school apart in some sort of sugar-high frenzy... >:/

Aaaaat any rate, this looks good to me. Accepted! ^^

Soto will be in room 503.

Goddammit. I tell myself I'm not going to bring back Moon or any of the other silvers, but then I see this, and I imagine the two of them tearing the school apart in some sort of sugar-high frenzy... >:/

Aaaaat any rate, this looks good to me. Accepted! ^^

Soto will be in room 503.
wew

Name singular- Thanata
Name plural-Thanati

Powers- The Thanati are adept at a wide range of magic (and indeed, there are no records of a Thanata being born without the capability to use magic), though they stereotypically focus on necromancy for reasons that will become obvious. They also cannot feel pain, and do not need to eat, drink, sleep, or breathe.

Lifespan- Once they become fully grown (around age 13), Thanati do not age. There are stories of Thanati many millennia old, still kicking around.

Physical description- Thanati are the size and shape of humans, but with one key difference: they are born as the living dead. Yep, they skip the cradle part and go straight to the grave. Their skin is ash gray, but otherwise, they look like human corpses in various stages of decay. All adult Thanati have a large wound across their chest that is sewn shut, the result of the Raising ritual that all Thanati go through.

Cultural Description- Being a slow-moving, immortal race has led the Thanati to take a leisurely pace through unlife. After all, why bother with hurrying up when you have all of eternity before you? Thanati tend to live in small villages, numbering 100-1000 strong. They do have permanent portal spells set up between a handful of other worlds, but they are rarely used. Most Thanati prefer to keep to themselves, and most outsiders want to stay as far away from Plutus as possible. The few Thanati who have headed to other realms have found themselves the victims of anti-undead stigma.

All Thanati are born with a fully functioning brain, but over time, said brain rots. The Thanati have devised the Raising ritual to counteract this. First, the Thanata "downloads" their consciousness into a crystal. Then, using simple magic, they command their original body to cut a segment of flesh out of itself to make a space for the crystal, which is inserted and restores the body to full functionality. Traditionally, the heart is the part removed.

Realm- Plutus. What is a world with death but not life? Plutus provides an answer. Long ago, Plutus was a garden world, but the planet's animating force slowly drained away. The Thanati tried desperately to restore their world, but all efforts failed. Now, plants grow and rot at the same time, the rivers run with putrid water, and the sky is eternally dusk. And yet, despite all of this, the Thanati endure, as they always have and always will.

Short description- Free-willed undead with a soul jar inside. Basically, your stereotypical lich with a really good hiding place for their phylactery.

Name: Arza Warrit

Race: Thanata

Apparent Age: 14

Actual Age: 14

Appearance:

Personality- Arza is, first and foremost, a bookworm. Whether it's reading one of the few accounts of when Plutus was green, a new spellbook, or just a good story, she is at her happiest with her nose buried in a book. Outside of that, her main hobbies are going out for walks at night and going shopping during the day.

Bio: Arza is the daughter of Mirzu, the chief of Mora village. Despite their agelessness, many Thanata leaders do step down after a while, whether it's to find new challenges or to escape centuries of being pestered with demands. As Mirzu's first and so far only child, it will fall to Arza to take over for her father, and as such, she has enrolled at Omnibus to learn more about other species and cultures.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Mmmm one small thing,
This has resulted in the few Thanati who have ventured away from Plutus having many problems with the hustle and bustle of other species completely aside from the usual anti-undead stigma.
What do you mean "anti-undead stigma"? By the sounds of it, everything on Plutus is undead. Undead is 'normal' on Plutus. So the thought that there could be any stigma against them just doesn't make sense. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.