Status
Not open for further replies.
Name singular: Vori
Name plural: Vori

The Voris' defining trait is their incredible aptitude for learning. Their mind appears to have no limit as to what it can understand and exists as a collection of magic rather than a physical brain. In addition to the ordinary method of gaining information, they have another method of learning that is far more effective.

Digestion: a Vori's digestive system is magically linked with their mind. This allows them to not only extract required nutrition from eating almost anything, but learn about the object in it's entirely; from the conceptual level right down to the sub-atomic. It is common for a premature Vori to enjoy a good book this way.

Magic hunting: premature Vori are physically weaker than most sentient races. They tend to invent powers for themselves either through technology or hunting magic. Magic hunting involves either eating a magic object of some sort, or harvesting magic directly from an aura node, which is a short-lived collection of raw magic. Nodes are usually invisible, though a Vori's magically tuned eyes can see them as colorful energy flowing from a central point. These tend to form around areas with high concentrations of magical powers and are usually short lived; lasting only a few minutes. Vori have been known to run around with bizarre equipment resembling goggles, backpack radar, pocket-sized vacuum-like devices and other oddities.

Vori are immortal in terms of aging and are one of the oldest races known to exist. They tend to grow over several millennia, and their physical form grows to adulthood based on how much they know, rather than steadily over time.

Premature: Most Vori fall into this category. At 'birth' a Vori tends to become a young teenager of the race they were created from. As they grow in knowledge, their appearance changes, usually over the course of a thousand years, until they appear as young adults in their mid-twenties, at which point their apparent age peaks.

Maturity: a Vori may take tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of years to develop to full maturity. As a Vori learns and consumes more magic, they grow more powerful, until they eventually understand the universe at a higher level than normal. Left unchecked for this long, they can effectively become deities, though very few Vori ever live long enough to reach this point. It isn't uncommon for Vori to be hunted to keep them from reaching maturity, usually due to fear or disagreements.

Vori usually spend most of their time seeking to learn new things or hunting magic. Vori culture is very lax in terms of law, each individual being left to discover and learn morality themselves. Their law can be summed up by two of them meeting and fighting to the death because each one disagrees with the other. There are usually 10 Vori or less in any given realm, but magic hunting often brings Vori together to the same places. Aside from that, Vori culture is very scattered, as they usually move on after being in a realm for a century or so. Additionally, Vori are made of several races, each with their own unique culture and beliefs, which further add to their diversity.

Vori do not conceive children in the typical way. Instead, a Vori "opens their mind" and a member of another races meets their gaze; slowly replacing their physical brain with a magical one. This process is an extremely painful 10-minute experience for both parties, making these 'births' rare. Several other changes will also occur, mostly the magical integration of the digestive system, and an age reversal or acceleration if necessary. Depending on the subject, more drastic changes can occur (such as the creation of a digestive system if they lacked one). While the personality and memories are kept in tact, the new mind adds an extra level of curiosity.

Physical description: Vori appear similar to the race they were created from, though this is human more often then not. Their defining feature is usually their bright purple eyes. Bright in the literal sense that in the dark they appear to be self-illuminated, while not actually giving off any light themselves. Many consider them to be very elegant, though it's mostly in the eye of the beholder.

Realm: Vori are believed to have originated on Earth, as most of them seem to have been originally human. Additionally, humans have proved to be one of the most tenaciously curious races and are more likely than most to beg to become a Vori if carelessness allows one to discover a Vori's true nature.

Short description: This immortal, bright-purple-eyed race has a literal hunger for knowledge. Those that survive to learn long enough become deities.
Haha, yeah, I like this version a lot better. XD I'll add it to the list. (Or... I guess you could add it, if you prefer? XD )

Haha, yeah, I like this version a lot better. XD I'll add it to the list. (Or... I guess you could add it, if you prefer? XD )
Done. Also it's funny, I came up with the Vori to give some background to the creation of Heaven and now I'm thinking a premature Vori character would be way more interesting to play then the angel race I originally came up with. On that note, I think I'm going to free up angels for anyone who might want to take that race later (not that I was really reserving them, but eh).

Last edited:
Okay, I was out for *idkhowmuchdays* because my grandmother broke her leg.
Anyways, I will return to editing race sheet.

@_@ Ouch... a soggy computer... I know how that is. >.<

Well, good luck with the computer thing and all. :/ You're welcome to return at a later time, but I can't guarantee that ambassadorship for dragons will still be available when/if you return. Still, if there is another ambassador who claims that race, you can always try to work out a sub-race if the other ambassador's vision isn't to your liking.

@Eon ... Sorry to see you go, was looking forward to seeing what you came up with character-wise. Deen certainly could have had fun, what with him being all into barbecues and dragons being good fire sources.

As for a sub-race? So many "versions" of dragons, it shouldn't be hard to come up with something. And even with just a phone, it shouldn't be hard to at least read what's going on here... enjoy the IC when it comes... then re-join when able.

Is this still active? Could I make a character?

Yes, we're still open! ^^ If you plan on making a character for a race that's not already on the race list, though, you'll need to make a race sheet first.

[fieldbox= , solid, Maroon]
C H A R A C T E R S H E E T

Name: Viviana ("Vivi") Necroste
Race: Devo
Age (apparent): 17
Age (actual): 37

Appearance:
With a height of 5'4, and a weight of 102 pounds, Viviana's physical form appears frail and weak- though make no mistake when its said she can wield a weapon with the force of a raging typhoon. Her skin, porcelain as it is, appears to be separated by visible joints- making her a life sized doll that moves and talks. Because of this fact, she is seen usually wearing Victorian-styled clothing- with a modern twist (for reference, refer to picture). Her eyes are solid black, but the Devo hides this fact with a pair of red contacts. Her contrasting hair- a pale silver- ends past her hips, ending at her mid-thigh.

Usually, the Devo's doll has an unfocused, yet sharp look on her face- her eyes the only thing that dulls the disinterest evident on her face. This can change when entering a discussion with her, when her face softens immensely with a curiosity that will eventually kill her cat- should she ever own one.

History: [spoili]
Created from the soul of a serial killer's wife, it wasn't very hard for Vivi to find another corpse within the month, the body of a young woman suiting just fine for what she had planned.

Of course, the Devo had to wait about 15 years before making her presence in the world again, managing to snag a fake I.D. from a black-market dealer in France before moving to America.

New York City was a big city, and as such had many people who minded their own business, so long as you kept your head low. Doing just this, Viviana was recruited as an intern for a photography studio, a few years later taking the position as the owner's assistant.

It was during a walk-in appointment that she met another Devo for the first time. After a few discussions, this stranger mentioned that there was going to be a gathering with some other local Devos, and that Vivi was invited to join.

Curiosity becoming too much, she went to the address written down by the other Devo, surprised to see quite a few other Devos in the small house. It didn't take long after she arrived for the first to make his move, and suddenly the crowd erupted into a frenzy of kill-or-be-killed. Blood was shed, people were killed, and the exact moment when a Devo taking the form of a middle-aged man decided to turn against Vivi was when it all stopped. Everyone froze in their tracks, and it was on that day that the Devo learned she was a Devee.

Fast-forward a few more years, where Vivi already had 6 followers at the young age of 36 (well, young for a Devo, that is). The group practically became a family, with the Devee barely having to command everyone and instead getting along with everyone.

Life was good, until it all crashed and burnt.

One day, a Devo approached the group, warning of the presence of a new Devee and joining Vivi's ranks in the process. At first, Viviana wasn't that worried...until that same Devo was destroyed and consumed by the other Devee. It didn't take long for fear to spread among the small group- they knew what a cannibalistic Devee was capable of.

So, they gave up, one of them started begging be consumed by Vivi herself, rather than being absorbed by a seemingly cruel Devee. It was best for her to be the only one who survives, rather than them all suffering the same fate. After much debating, it was finally decided that the Devee would consume all of her followers.

Now, with ownership of 6 items and a broken heart, Viviana awaited for the dreaded meeting to take place. The battle was long, apparently her opponent owned 9 different items as well, though only 4 of them were combat-ready. But when one gambles with their own existence, sometimes great rewards are benefitted. Destroying the other Devee and gaining 3 new followers, for example. Because of having to consume the people she's known for over a decade (she was basically 15-16 when she moved to America, about 20 when she got the photographer's assistant position, and around 22 when she became a Devee and gained those original 6 followers), Viviana feels that if she were to gain new followers, it would be a betrayal to them. (Also, she doesn't want to have to deal with that type of loss again, so it's just easier to get rid of them before getting attached. It's pretty contradictory to her beliefs, but it's how she copes with it.)

After consuming this new batch of followers, Viviana began to understand the purpose of this world, how being things like "kind" and "naive" can lead to the death of everyone you truly love. So, she attempted to seclude herself from Devos, keeping her job as a photographer and just avoiding the others of her kind.

...A year later, the Devee was informed about Omnibus, and once more her curiosity got the better of her- though this time she has no idea what she's looking forward to.
[/spoili]

Personality: [spoili]

~Not the most sociable of people, Viviana prefers to observe and listen most of the time, only offering her input in a conversation to ask a question or when prompted. Though this may be true, she is anything but shy, instead preferring the company of others over being completely alone with her thoughts.

~Polite to a T, she's mostly formal with her way of speaking, giving off an impression of superiority sometimes. A lack of compassion makes the Devee seem cold-hearted, and her usually stoic attitude makes her seem heartless, though these are hardly the case.

~Not one for making friends anymore, she usually won't act out unless the issue at hand directly involves her-but if she deems a person useful, she will protect them to a certain degree (i.e. helping them out if they're close by, but not helping if they decide to go get themselves kidnapped).

~Though, while she loves to discuss (and by discuss, she means listen and ask questions about a variety of subjects) there are certain topics she will flat out avoid, most of them originating from her personal life.

~Not afraid of both giving and receiving pain, it's possible for the Devee to be persuaded into a fight, depending on the circumstances- though the likelihood of this ever happening is very low.
[/spoili]

Other:
Currently, Viviana possesses ownership over 10 items- 5 of which are combat-ready:
~ A classic umbrella- solid white in color, with a worn handle made of wood. (This is Viviana's original item, the one that she was created with.)
~ A hammer*- accented with a bloodied handle.
~ A small hatchet*- it's blade somewhat tarnished, but useful nonetheless.
~ A frying pan*- simple and effective.
~ A hemp rope- strong, with a length of 6 yards (18 feet).
~ A lighter- keeps away the frostbite, and sheds some light on the situation.
~ A black ribbon- great for tying back hair.
~ A hunting knife*- the perfect tool for peeling apples (amongst other things).
~ A quilted blanket- effective for keeping out the cold.
~ A baseball bat*- made of hickory wood.

I swear, she's wearing (short) shorts! At least, that's what it looks like to me...?(>.<)
[/fieldbox]
Looks good to me!

Vivi will be in room 506.

Reactions: Raven Haruka
Heh... still waiting to see who Deen will be rooming with in room 514. Then the "plotting" can begin!

Heh... still waiting to see who Deen will be rooming with in room 514. Then the "plotting" can begin!
:P It might be a little while. We only have three accepted characters so far! We'll probably need a handful more before we see very many roommate pairs.

In the meantime, you're welcome to think about possible interactions with other accepted students! There's more to the RP besides just the dorm rooms, after all. :P

@Roose Hurro
A forewarning, Viviana probably won't like Deen if he tries to pry too much. (But that's just how I feel about their relationship from what I assume. For all I know the two may hit it off pretty well.)

...And yes, I can't wait to see who'll get stuck with my social disaster coughcough Devo. ^^

@Roose Hurro
A forewarning, Viviana probably won't like Deen if he tries to pry too much. (But that's just how I feel about their relationship from what I assume. For all I know the two may hit it off pretty well.)

...And yes, I can't wait to see who'll get stuck with my social disaster coughcough Devo. ^^
Part of me wonders what would happen if a Devo met an Anthys... though I suppose you'd have to ask @Yorika about that.

When I said "I wonder if they're related", I meant it as a joke at first, but, honestly, there's definitely room for the two of you to think up some sort of connection between them. XD

:P It might be a little while. We only have three accepted characters so far! We'll probably need a handful more before we see very many roommate pairs.

In the meantime, you're welcome to think about possible interactions with other accepted students! There's more to the RP besides just the dorm rooms, after all. :P

Indeed, but two strangers sharing the same living space is ripe for interaction between said characters, even when they aren't in their dorm-room. Will they become friends? Will they become enemies? Will they simply stay stra... no, no, what with Deen being Deen, I can't see that angle happening.

@Roose Hurro

They may... I also noted Viviana's personality, and couldn't help but come up with scenes between them. Deen is pretty much her opposite, after all.

Oh, thought I'd throw in an RP with Deen in it, just for fun. Enjoy:

Life is Strange

Reactions: Raven Haruka
XD Yeah, I wonder what would happen too.

@Kagayours
Probably nothing, since it seems like the Anthys actually live inside their host body, compared to the Devo- who live outside of their doll. A Devo would just assume the Anthys was a human, until evidence of their supernatural-ism appears.

Though, this is just my theory, I'll let @Yorika decide whether or not it's applicable.

Name: Primary_Batter

Race: 1-0

Age (apparent): 15

Age (actual): 15

Appearance: Primary_Batter has pure white as snow skin, along with red eyes and straight white hair that goes a little bit past the chin. They wear a blue jacket, black pants, white tennis shoes, and a yellow baseball cap with an unfilled red hexagon in its center. They also wear goggles that are sometimes covering their eyes while at others resting on their forehead. Primary has red markings on their face which resemble the unfilled hexagon on their cap with lines snaking down to their neck, going down their arm, and ending at the back of their hands in what seemed to be circular plug outlets.

Bio: Personality- Primary_Batter is a severely stoic individual, rarely showing emotion, if at all. This is due to a mental illness that manifests within a 1-0 at birth, taking away all of the afflicted 1-0’s emotions and usually leaving them as a shell of a person. For some reason, Primary was able to act “normal” around others, though it took them a few years for them to move out of that shell-like state. The only thing indicating the presence of mental illness is their constant monotone voice. They rarely speak out when it comes to, well, anything pertaining to their opinions and when referring to themselves, they use the term “it.”

History- It was apparent that Primary_Batter wasn’t a normal child. They didn’t cry out like most babies at their age and it didn’t take long for the parents to realize that their child would speak in monotone when they started learning to speak. The more motherly of the parents couldn’t handle the thought of their child having a mental illness, so they left the more fatherly of the pair and their child when Primary was two. Their single parent raised them with a heavy hand, making sure that they would be able to act “normal” around others even if he had to beat the mentality into them. Their “father” wasn’t a very kind 1-0, and it showed through the precautions their child took whenever they were around other 1-0s and especially their parent. Even then, they didn’t show signs of fear, just understanding why their parent acted the way they did. Like other 1-0s, they were left to fend for themselves when they turned 12. Unlike them, however, they mostly kept to themselves and remained that way until they turned 15. There was a lottery for attending a school that wasn’t within the digital realm and, on a whim, they signed up for a chance to attend it. They never expected to get a message saying they won the contest, but they just shrugged it off as “things happen, life happens,” and found themselves at Omnibus Academy.

Other: Primary, like their name implies, is into baseball as a sport. The reason why they got into baseball was partially because of their name and partly because their parents were into baseball at the time.
Primary likes to chew on gum, any kind of flavor is fine.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Luma
Name: Primary_Batter

Race: 1-0

Age (apparent): 15

Age (actual): 15

Appearance: Primary_Batter has pure white as snow skin, along with red eyes and straight white hair that goes a little bit past the chin. They wear a blue jacket, black pants, white tennis shoes, and a yellow baseball cap with an unfilled red hexagon in its center. They also wear goggles that are sometimes covering their eyes while at others resting on their forehead. Primary has red markings on their face which resemble the unfilled hexagon on their cap with lines snaking down to their neck, go down their arm, and end at the back of their hands in what seemed to be circular plug outlets.

Bio: Personality- Primary_Batter is a severely stoic individual, rarely showing emotion, if at all. This is due to a mental illness that manifests within a 1-0 at birth, taking away all of the afflicted 1-0’s emotions and usually leaving them as a shell of a person. For some reason, Primary was able to act “normal” around others, though it took them a few years for them to move out of that shell-like state. The only thing indicating the presence of mental illness is their constant monotone voice. They rarely speak out when it comes to, well, anything pertaining to their opinions and when referring to themselves, they use the term “it.”

History- It was apparent that Primary_Batter wasn’t a normal child. They didn’t cry out like most babies at their age and it didn’t take long for the parents to realize that their child would speak in monotone when they started learning to speak. The more motherly of the parents couldn’t handle the thought of their child having a mental illness, so they left the more fatherly of the pair and their child when Primary was two. Their single parent raised them with a heavy hand, making sure that they would be able to act “normal” around others even if he had to beat the mentality into them. Their “father” wasn’t a very kind 1-0, and it showed through the precautions their child took whenever they were around other 1-0s and especially their parent. Even then, they didn’t show signs of fear, just understanding why their parent acted the way they did. Like other 1-0s, they were left to fend for themselves when they turned 12. Unlike them, however, they mostly kept to themselves and remained that way until they turned 15. There was a lottery for attending a school that wasn’t within the digital realm and, on a whim, they signed up for a chance to attend it. They never expected to get a message saying they won the contest, but they just shrugged it off as “things happen, life happens,” and found themselves at Omnibus Academy.

Other: Primary, like their name implies, is into baseball as a sport. The reason why they got into baseball was partially because of their name and partly because their parents were into baseball at the time.
Primary likes to chew on gum, any kind of flavor is fine.
I could sit here making jokes and references about the character's name for a few minutes, but instead I'll just say yeah, it looks good.

Reactions: Kagayours
Cool! Now I just need to figure out what to do for a GRID character...

Status
Not open for further replies.