Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to try and work Seiko back into the fore but then it occurred to me that my semester ends in 3 weeks, and I might not have the time for it
so if you guys don't mind, I'm gonna hold myself separate for a couple more weeks so I don't have to worry about finals and pay attention to this, sorry about this

Reactions: Kagayours
@AnimeLover_Princess ^^" Once again, you have nothing to apologize for. You're not holding anyone up, so nothing bad will happen if you don't post for a few weeks. In fact, I'm glad you're keeping your character out of the action if you know that you'll be too busy to post. The alternative is to spend extra effort to work your character into an interaction when you don't even have time to post in a reasonable amount of time... which basically means that you're putting extra stress on yourself in order to make things worse by jamming up the activity flow instead of... continuing to not do any harm whatsoever while simultaneously giving you one less thing to worry about so that you have a bit more chill time and don't explode from stress.

So uh... seriously. Don't worry about it. There is no reason why you should feel like you have to make your character active again as soon as possible, especially if you're busy IRL. o_o" You've done literally nothing wrong. Please don't feel like you should apologize for that. XD

For some reason, I am unable to quote you directly. Odd...

"For some reason, I am unable to quote you directly. Odd..."

I've noted that, too. Could be something with the server transfer... broke something. Too bad Omni Bits don't actually exist....... they could fix this.

So uh, here's a thing I encountered at that convention...

Just thought some of you might appreciate this... XD

• Love
Reactions: Luma
Hah, nice! Respect to the Cosplayers, they make conventions so much more fun.

oh man I have lost what has been going on recently
I don't remember exactly what happened since you left, but if you're lost, feel free to just perform a mini-timeskip elsewhere. At this point, the only frequently posted-for character in the hallway group is Deen (since Neptune left for the dream train).

Also seems I'm holding a few groups up myself. Sorry about that.

@Rowdybull

You left off with Oscar in the "Dormitory Hallway" group, and he's still there, if you want to just look through the posts that have come in for that group and keep going from there.

Or, like Luma said, you can also just treat Oscar like a free character and move him to another location/group if you'd rather do that.

So lately I've been working on a couple more races to throw in here. Also a pair of characters to go along with them. Sorry the second one's so massive, I kinda got carried away there.

[fieldbox=Ineer Race, #555555, dotted]
  • Name (Singular): Ineer
    Name (Plural): Ineer

Lifespan: 80-120 years

Powers/Abilities: Absolutely nothing.

Physical Description: Pretty much identical to humans.
  • Ineer represent what most people believe humans would become should they learn of magic. Completely lacking in magic, Ineerian culture is nearly identical to humans with one difference: knowledge of magic. Racism against magic users is common: magic is often exploited and drained from those who wander into Ineerian territory. Their technology is also slightly more advanced, and they're capable of long-term space travel.

The Ineer are arguably to blame for the dimensional law which hides the supernatural from new, ignorant cultures. There were several incidents which involved the Ineer purging their home planet of a magical creature to the point of extinction.

Despite their horrific reputation, not all Ineer subscribe to the stereotype of magic racism. Instead, it's more the governments of their world that push for magical extinction. It's true that most Ineer do fit the stereotype though, as all of their major governments are democratic and vote for those in power.
  • Ineer's 4th planet is blue-green and similar to Earth in ecosystem. The Ineer have since spread out to terraform the 3rd and 6th planet, which now look similar as well. The few magical creatures daring enough to take residence here always have some manner of disguise and fear for their lives.

The major governments of the system like to spread propaganda that their system is completely free of magic. When they do occasionally catch a magic user, they usually hold a public execution, along with a speech detailing how they will soon spread through the galaxy and purge other systems as well. Every attempt to do so thus far has failed, usually due to the magic users' resilience and the lack of allies for the Ineer.
  • "Humans with knowledge of magic." They have a negative stereotype associated with them for racism against those more magically gifted then them, which is to say: anyone with magic.
[/fieldbox][fieldbox=Hologram(s) Race, #55ffff, dotted]
  • Calling the Photonic Empire diverse would be an understatement. It seemed as though they housed every kind of being imaginable; all right here, in this simulated world of data. Each being, walking through the streets, or researching quantum data structure in a computer lab, or relaxing in a natural hot spring. All of them existed in the real world only as a shifting of electricity and data, but they were real nonetheless.

While most of these digital beings remain in massive computer-ships that serve as cities, a few pilot personal computer-ships and project physical, holographic forms for the digital people to control. As such, most races refer to the digital people of the Empire as 'Holograms', as the projections are all they've ever seen of their world.
  • Holograms themselves have no dedicated physical form and exist as a collection of data. However, all of them live within a mobile, flying supercomputer, which usually resemble stereotypical UFOs. These are referred to as a Hologram's "Heart" and they vary in sizes from a little toy to, well....much bigger (most single-person Hearts are drone/toy size though). It is possible for more than one Hologram to live within a single Heart, in which cases the Heart is usually of a larger size. Communal Hearts may contain entire worlds full of people, though most of these never project into the physical world and can't really be called Holograms.

Hearts are equipped with a Photonic Material Projector. This is used to project physical light from the Heart. With this, a Hologram can project out the form of a physical creature and interact with the world as if they really were that creature. Projections must remain within line-of-sight of the Heart's projector or fade from existence. The maximum range of the projection varies between sizes, but usually goes at least up to 20 feet. These projections are near indistinguishable from reality, though older projectors may project with a slight blue tint.

Most Holograms own at least 2 projections. A "work projection" for efficiency in work, might be something like a mech with several claws for moving heavy objects quickly. A "diplomatic projection" for socializing with other races, will usually appear at least vaguely humanoid. A conventional appearance has been spreading that most Holograms now use, which resembles a human with glowing led panels running along their skin/clothes and a headset over where ears might go. Any additional projections a Hologram owns are up personal preference.
  • A Hologram typically lives between 20 and 50 years. Theoretically they should be able to live forever, but over time, glitches within the digital mind begin to deteriorate it's ability to function properly. This usually manifests itself as short-term memory loss, strange twitching, and occasional nonsense words. If unattended, the Hologram usually begins to quickly develop these after 20 years. If a Troubleshooter is employed to stabilize someone, they can instead delay the bugs until around age 50.

A Hologram doesn't really die so much as become completely dysfunctional. There are many theories as to the cause of these glitches. The most common theory is the idea of a "master virus" hidden somewhere in their source code to curb their growth. When each digital being in the Empire reaches this state, their program is frozen and effectively placed in stasis, with the hope of someday finding and discovering the cure for this master virus.
  • Photonic Material Projector
    An advanced projector, designed to project 3-dimensional matter into the world. It's usually used to project the form of a person, which can then interact with the world, picking things up, walking forward, punching someone in the face, you name it. This additionally can be used as a utility or a weapon, such as summoning a sword, or boiling lava. The primary limitation is that the object being projected must remain in line-of-sight of the projector, or it'll simply cease to exist beyond that point. Additionally, the range of a personal projector rarely exceeds 20 feet.

Explosive Laser beam
    Most Photonic Hearts have these equipped as standard defense. They range in power: the more expensive ones can usually level entire buildings, where cheaper ones might barely be able to incapacitate an ordinary human with heavy clothing if it gets the jump on them.

Personal Shield
    Hearts are nearly always surrounded by an energy shield. This negates most short-term attacks, such as bullets, but these shields are weak against prolonged force, such as being crushed by a hammer for several seconds. The larger Hearts within the Empire often have anti-magic shields as well, but personal Hearts do not, so most magic can pass right through.

Overclocking
    In emergencies, a Hologram can overclock their processor, allowing them to almost freeze time around them, from their perspective. This actually slows the movement of their Heart, but their reaction time becomes almost instantaneous, allowing them to project defenses accordingly. Holograms don't always have this active, as it does effectively shorten their lifespans.

Magical Proxies (optional)
    Holograms completely lack magic and can't ordinarily use it. Those with massive amounts of money or an influential position, set up what is known as a Magical Proxy, which is basically a vat of biological material imbued with magic. This way, magic can be transferred through the Photonic network to a Hologram's Heart and received by a special device designed to use it. In most cases, these vats were once living, magical beings, and attempting to use this magic in a way the original owner is opposed to may result in misfires. It's also looked down upon outside of the Empire, for obvious reasons.

Additional Technology (optional)
    Holograms will often have other technology available to them as well. The Empire is very advanced and allows for all manner of extra sci-fi tech unique to each character.

• Jobs

The life of a Hologram is similar in many ways to humans. Those with higher education usually earn higher-paying, more advanced jobs, often as programmers, researchers, and mechanics. Then there are those with simpler jobs and lower pay. Due to the prosperity of the Photonic Empire and their low upkeep costs, even those with lower paying jobs still live comfortably; able to explore some of the many, cheaper digital experiences for sale.
    Hearts and home-life

Most Holograms prefer the comfort of their Hearts. A Hologram generally has 'admin' access over their own little, secluded, digital realm, which gives them godlike power within it. For this reason, it's considered risky to visit the Heart of another Hologram, as they effectively have absolute power over people in their Heart. Two (or more) Holograms may share most admin powers if they co-own a Heart, but be unable to affect each other; and a communal Heart will have its own hierarchy of power.

It is possible for an outside race to visit a Heart, but it usually involves special equipment and poses the danger of the visitor's mind being at the mercy of those in charge of the Heart. The wealthy will often fill their Heart with luxury features (such as a hot spring), which are referred to as Functions. The size of the digital area generally relates directly to how powerful the Heart computer is. The real, physical size of the Heart isn't always a good indicator for how large the digital world will be: the newest, most expensive computers can be very size-efficient and store an entire private island in a personal-sized Heart.
    Love and Reproduction (SFW)

In love, Holograms work similar to any other race. However, when they do fall for someone, it's usually because of one's mind and not physical attraction. Most Photonic cultures place value solely on personality; viewing bodies as possessions that can be changed and modified, rendering them meaningless in a relationship. The sharing of a Heart's admin access is considered a very personal thing, similar to marriage in most Photonic cultures.

Holograms cannot naturally reproduce. Instead, the two visit a Heart with a 'code-splicer' Function. It appears within the digital world as two ornate doors that the two would walk through and a pedestal nearby that the new child would form ontop of. This is, of course, very personal and intimate in nearly every Photonic culture. Lately, modified, personal versions of the code-splicer Function have been sold at premium prices and on the black market, allowing the delightful sensation without creating a child. This is destructive practice, as each code-splicing introduces more glitches into both beings, often reducing their lifespan. It remains a common practice, especially for those who can afford Troubleshooting, but it's still looked down upon.
    Troubleshooters and Hackers

Troubleshooters and Hackers within the Photonic Empire are generally among the most powerful and skilled programmers in existence. Troubleshooters are similar to doctors: tasked, and paid well, to delve into the source code of digital beings and repair their potentially fatal glitches. On the other hand, Hackers can be powerful assassins and troublemakers, capable of paralyzing a digital being that lacks a firewall, or even possessing their movement. Photonic media often portrays these people as having the power to erase and rewrite minds and, while nearly all hackers are incapable of this, there are a few exceptional people that can. Obviously, hacking is illegal.

• The Photonic Empire is a massive collection of digital beings, ruled by a hierarchy of nobles, ending up top at the Admin. This Admin outranks several Emperors/Empresses, who each outrank several Kings/Queens, who each govern their own communal Heart. As one goes higher up this hierarchy, the size of the Heart typically increases as well, from moon-size, to planet-size, to the unbelievably large mothership which the Admin resides in. Each of these Hearts acts like a gigantic, digital world and often contains several working factories with Photonic Material Projectors to allow workers to produce physical products.

To the outside observer, the Empire is a terrifyingly efficient machine, and a growing threat to all biological life. While they've been peaceful during the reign of the current Admin, the Empire has been known to forcefully digitize entire species and mine inhabited planets in it's past, and the Empire has since grown stronger. Although Photonic culture is diverse, there's been a growing superiority complex spreading among certain circles, sometimes even devolving into racism against all biological creatures.

Most of the knowledgeable galaxy is on edge, as rumors have spread about the current Admin's deteriorating state. Where Emperors and Kings typically pass their rule to the next of kin (not always), the Admin's rule is instead put to vote. On the Admin's death, each Emperor and Empress becomes a candidate and polling for the next Admin immediately takes place. Due to the digital nature of this poll, it concludes within an hour, meaning that the entire nature of the Empire could shift with no more than 60 minutes of warning. Pacifists one moment and warmongers the next.

Photonic law is usually fair, but absolute. Those who leave the relative safety of these digital worlds via personal Hearts are still bound by Photonic law, but unlike larger, communal Hearts, personal ones don't remain connected to the Empire's network. This makes it far easier for a Hologram with a personal Heart to live outside of the law, without immediately getting detected by the system.
  • Projected people flying around in mobile, supercomputer UFOs. They're part of a vast space empire of digital beings, which is known for its ruthless past and unsure future.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Huh? What's going on he- oh!! Race sheets!! *closes the dozen or so tabs related to Paul McCartney tour dates, locations, and ticket prices*

I'll start reading those now, then... *leans forward intently*

@Luma (Ineer) Huh... interesting. XD One question, though: if their solar system is devoid of magic, then how did they discover magic? And how did they "purge their home planet of a magical creature to the point of extinction"?

And if they've already succeeded in eradicating all magic, then, how can they still be prejudiced about it? The earlier parts of your description paint a picture of a more current and active racism towards magic-users. But if there are no magic-users around, then... wouldn't that be more of a thing of the past? I mean, sure, they might still hate the concept of magic-users, but if they've already driven magical creatures to the point of extinction then it's not like they would still be actively pushing to get rid of magic. That battle's already been won.

And why would they want to destroy their sun, in that case? Why is the sun's magic a problem if there are no magical creatures around to be fueled by it?

I guess you could argue that their prejudice is against magical beings that are arriving from other worlds (damn magical immigrants, taking all our good Ineerian jobs), but... are they really being "invaded" so often as to create a continuous environment of racism against these "invaders", as opposed to just a series of isolated incidents that would be fought against one at a time?

And if there are magical beings that are continuously arriving from other worlds -- therefore creating the magical population that would've otherwise been eradicated -- then... how is it still accurate to say that their solar system is "devoid of magic"?

• Thank You
@Luma The Holograms look alright, though. Consider them accepted. ^^

Hm.... good points. Modified the Ineerian realm description a bit.

@Luma The Ineer description looks good now! ^^

@Kagayours quote:

"You left off with Oscar in the "Dormitory Hallway" group, and he's still there, if you want to just look through the posts that have come in for that group and keep going from there."

@Luma quote:

"I don't remember exactly what happened since you left, but if you're lost, feel free to just perform a mini-timeskip elsewhere. At this point, the only frequently posted-for character in the hallway group is Deen (since Neptune left for the dream train)."

@Rowdybull :

Yes, since Neptune left, Deen is now there "alone". Been waiting for other Hallway people to post before I do, but, given they seem to have lost track or, perhaps, interest, I could see about a post you could latch onto. Or you could post an interaction "start" with Deen.

Now for the two characters, though for all intents and purposes I'll probably RP them together more often than not. Will probably introduce them to the Mire group, since that's a good way to get the otherwise unrelated characters to Omnibus.​
[fieldbox=Kayden, #555555, dotted]
  • Name
    Kayden Bildigun

Race
    Ineer

Age (Apparent)

Age (Actual)
  • General Description
    Kayden is fairly plain compared to other races and wouldn't stand out in a human crowd much if it weren't for his loud attitude and odd fashion. He usually wears a dark trench coat with several rips and a captain's hat with the image of a skull.

Hair
    Brown

Eyes
    Blue

Height
    177 cm

Weight
    180lbs
  • Chronic Illness
    Kayden randomly enters coughing fits due to poor health.

Spaceboat
    Rather than a full-sized spaceship, Kayden owns a large, flying rowboat which he won from a lucky cereal box. This also comes with a very weak personal shield and a cheap oxygen generator for space travel. The oars actually run a propulsion engine that moves much more quickly than standard rowing and can accelerate through the void of space.

Adaption Cannon
    An adaptive weapon, which slowly scales in power to match its opponent. In its natural form, it appears and functions like a marshmallow gun. As each projectile is blocked, the weapon will morph into a slightly stronger weapon, such as a cork gun, over about 5-10 seconds. This continues until the projectiles can actually damage the target, and remains in each form for up to 2 minutes until it begins to morph back to the marshmallow gun.
  • Kayden is a simple man, and understands the extraordinary in simple terms. He is a self-proclaimed pirate and occasionally 'claims' people he deems gutsy enough as his crew. Whether or not they agree is irrelevant.

Despite being self-proclaimed, Kayden has actually managed to pirate a significant amount of loot, including the legendary Adaption Cannon. Kayden is dreadful at planning things and often just rushes in, but has very good improvisation skills. Luck also seems to bend in his favor an inordinate amount.

Kayden's latest heist was arguably one of his most absurd, having managed to steal Miatalin. Due to her massive political influence, Kayden quickly rose to the most wanted list and is forced to hide from the Empire. If asked about the heist, Kayden will usually claim it was his pirating skills, but the facts seem skewed. Either way, he insists Mia is his loot and, if need be, a hostage.

[/fieldbox][fieldbox=Miatalin, #55ffff, dotted]
  • Name
    Miatalin Partina Adelaide Korata
    (Mee-Ah-Tah-Leen)

Race
    Hologram

Age (Apparent)

Age (Actual)
  • General Description
    Mia's Heart is a standard, personal model that resembles a small UFO the size of a frying pan. Her preferred projection is a beautiful young woman with cyan light panels across her limbs and hair that gradates through 3 separate colors. Her clothing choices are practical, but very ornate.

Hair
    Pale-blue to Purple to Cherry

Eyes
    Sky Blue

Height
    158 cm

Weight
    110lbs
  • Hologram Race Powers
    (For ease of reference)
    Photonic Material Projector
    Explosive Laser beam
    Personal Shield
    Overclocking

Tractor Beam
    For when you're too lazy to project a physical form and carry something yourself. Ironically limited to just short of the weight of a tractor.

Advanced Scanners
    Useful for determining things like weak-points, magical energies, chemical structures and favorite desserts.
  • Miatalin is the daughter of the Emperor of the world-ship Korata, and currently waiting on an inauguration ceremony to take the throne. As the princess of Korata, the people expect her to act strong, energetic, and ruthless. Korata is one of the more intolerant Photonic communities and is very invested in having one of their own instated as Admin. Currently, Korata's top priority is catching the one random, magicless guy that somehow managed to kidnap their princess a week before her inauguration as Empress.

Watching the way she acts now, one would never assume any of the above. Mia acts very sweet, calm, and collected, with concern for others' wellbeing. If this is an act, it's a very convincing one. She also treats her kidnapper with a lot more patience than most people would treat a kidnapper. If asked, she'll often insult him and call him a kidnapper, but there's no visible restraints keeping her from fighting him, or just flying away.

[/fieldbox]​

• Love
@Luma I like! Consider them both accepted.

Following the everyone-gets-a-room-number-even-if-they-really-shouldn't, Kayden will be in room 510, and Miatalin will be in room 502.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.