Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Is there anything saying that there can't be some kind of 'outer' digital realm, just like there are all sorts of other planes of existence for the other species? Or in other words, why bother binding the digital realm mentioned in those two species with humans inventing computers? I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the infinite multiverse there would be some kind of species that invented computers long before humans invented them. Of course this still requires editing the Race CS at some other points, but at least it would solve the age issue.
Eh, I suppose that works. But, the race sheet definitely made it sound like the digital realm is strictly linked to the digital technology of earth -- or at least implied that, based on the fact that no alternative was mentioned. So, it would still need some editing, but, that's a plausible fix.

On another note, can I reserve Water Sprites as a race? I'm pretty sure that one isn't taken yet, right?

On another note, can I reserve Water Sprites as a race? I'm pretty sure that one isn't taken yet, right?
We're not doing official reservations, but if you're just looking for a go-ahead to do that race, then, yeah, no one's gone with that yet. :P

Yes, but the race/character sheets don't link to any of the posts you included images in. :P It just makes sense to have all those images in the post that people will go to if they want a reference for what Deen looks like.

Done! Though all the images I have of him are as an adult.

Oh, yeah, I see what you're going for now. The way I read it, it sounded like you were trying to say, "His parents, the Nism equivalent of "hippies"..." and then it would lead into something else from there, contributing to his backstory or whatever. The fact that his parents don't seem to come up at any other point and otherwise aren't relevant also contributes to the confusing phrasing, I think.

I guess just re-phrasing it slightly would solve this issue.

Let me know when you've made those changes, and you should be good to go. ^^

Done! Re-phrased and expanded a bit...

Done! Though all the images I have of him are as an adult.

Done! Re-phrased and expanded a bit...
Looks good to me! I'll add you to the accepted list. ^^

Aaaand look at that! Deen is literally the first accepted character in the RP! Ever! ...Woooo, I guess?

He'll be living in room 514.

Looks good to me! I'll add you to the accepted list. ^^

Aaaand look at that! Deen is literally the first accepted character in the RP! Ever! ...Woooo, I guess?

He'll be living in room 514.

Yay! I have a room number!

And yes... Woooo! Probably helps that I made my Race/Character Sheets at the same time.

Yay! I have a room number!

And yes... Woooo! Probably helps that I made my Race/Character Sheets at the same time.
Actually, that really doesn't help anything. Lots of other people make their race and character sheets at the same time -- but I said I would ignore the character sheets until the race sheets were approved, for obvious reasons.

So really I think it had more to do with the fact that you were online often enough to respond to all my comments and fix your stuff fairly quickly, and that none of your sheets had any glaring issues in the first place -- just small stuff. :P

True... not much to fix. Though sunglasses do look cool... and given the previous two days were my days off (work again this evening). Reason I poked you about my stuff.

What is this??? An episode of a kids' show with a moral saying that adults don't always know what's best and that it's ok to speak out against them sometimes?!?

tumblr_inline_obm7urc90m1rdxxvw_500.png

It could be...

Goldmantelziesel.jpg

... but then, it could be all about levitating squirrels:

potd-squirrel_2845650b.jpg

*please ignore the peanut... I was hungry*

It could be...

Goldmantelziesel.jpg

... but then, it could be all about levitating squirrels:

potd-squirrel_2845650b.jpg

*please ignore the peanut... I was hungry*
...I have no idea what you're trying to say with this comment. :I

...I have no idea what you're trying to say with this comment. :I

Well, I had no idea what you were trying to say with your last comment, so I just replied in kind. It's a fun thing to do. :bsmile:

Well, I had no idea what you were trying to say with your last comment, so I just replied in kind. It's a fun thing to do. :bsmile:
I was saying that I was amazed that there was an episode of a kids' show where the lesson was that adults don't always know what's best, and that it's ok to speak out against them sometimes. Ordinarily, you would expect kids' shows to teach exactly the opposite -- respect your elders, listen to your parents, adults know best, etc. And while that certainly isn't an awful moral, and I can understand why they would teach it, I just feel like, in the real world, drilling that lesson into kids' heads can sort of put them in a sucky situation where the adult is always right and the child is always supposed to obey, and any attempt at presenting even a well-thought-out counter-argument to something an adult says is just plain unacceptable, just because the kid is the kid and the adult is the adult. And not only that, but it can also make kids feel like they can't speak up about something even if the adult actually would be willing to listen to the kid's concerns, because they've been taught that speaking out against adults is wrong. So seeing a kids' show teach kids that adults aren't perfect beings and that you should have the courage to say something if you feel the need was quite shocking, although very refreshing.

My Little Pony seriously knows its stuff. :P

Will be away for weekend, Going to see the family.

I was saying that I was amazed that there was an episode of a kids' show where the lesson was that adults don't always know what's best, and that it's ok to speak out against them sometimes. Ordinarily, you would expect kids' shows to teach exactly the opposite -- respect your elders, listen to your parents, adults know best, etc. And while that certainly isn't an awful moral, and I can understand why they would teach it, I just feel like, in the real world, drilling that lesson into kids' heads can sort of put them in a sucky situation where the adult is always right and the child is always supposed to obey, and any attempt at presenting even a well-thought-out counter-argument to something an adult says is just plain unacceptable, just because the kid is the kid and the adult is the adult. And not only that, but it can also make kids feel like they can't speak up about something even if the adult actually would be willing to listen to the kid's concerns, because they've been taught that speaking out against adults is wrong. So seeing a kids' show teach kids that adults aren't perfect beings and that you should have the courage to say something if you feel the need was quite shocking, although very refreshing.

My Little Pony seriously knows its stuff. :P

Hah! Get it now... didn't have context with just that bare commentary. And yes, they know their stuff. Very good writers on that show. Lots of story gems.

Reactions: Kagayours
Edited my Race Sheet. Now for my CS:
image.jpg
Name:
Meela

Race:
Sylph

Age (apparent):

Age (actual):

Appearance:
Meela is a very beautiful young sylph with a pair of hazy grey eyes. She has black hair that reaches down to her waist. She has a very buxom body and tends to flaunt herself. She stands at around 5 feet and 4 inches and weighs around 123 pounds.

Personality:
Meela is curious and mischievous. She enjoys prying into the affairs of others, but have little taste for actually associating with most of them. She can easily relate to anyone who share her tendency toward aloofness, but often spoil any possible relationship by violating their sense of privacy. Sometimes others distrust her intensely, considering she's flighty and unreliable but she doesn't care.

She rely on her capable, calculating intellects and on knowledge gleaned from eavesdropping to deliver her from danger.

Meela likes to blend in with crowds only to eavesdrop on all those around her. Once she finds a useful information, she uses it for blackmail so she can ask any questions she likes.

Bio:
Just like any other slyphs, Meela was abandoned by her true parents when she was a baby and was adopted by humans.

The one who adopted her was a childless couple, and they felt like Meela was a blessing for them. She might look weird because of her hazy eyes but her adoptive parents didn't mind. In fact, they thought theses features made Meela special. One of a kind.

They did everyrthing they can to make Meela happy: they loved her, spoiled her and treated her like their own daugther. They enrolled her in a prestigious boardng school for girls, thinking that Meela will fit right in.

Oh how they thought wrong..

The girls around her was rich and bitchy. And since she looked diferent and was adopted, she became a victim for bullying.

At age 15, Meela reached her breaking point. She felt suffocated and controlled. Like a caged animal. Who wouldn't when her parents watch her like a hawk when she's at home? Doesn't give her privacy? Her classmates bullying her everyday without her parents knowing?

One fateful day, the breeze that seems to be always around her suddenly lashed out and knocked the girls who's bullying her and pulling her hair. Everyone who saw what happened started to call her a freak. Thus, she decided to run away from everything.

That's when she met her true parents. At first she was scared, confused and pissed off but she soon understood everything. They're slyphs. Its in their nature to not commit in anything.

She was then brought to The forest and taught about everyhing she needed. She learned abut her heritage, her abilities and who she really is.

After that, she enrolled herself to Omnibus Academy. True that she doesn't like school because of what happened back when she was at school but she's willing to try again. Besides, it caught her curiosity! She wanted to learn everthing there is about everything!

Other:
Meela likes dragon fruits. She find it both intriguing and fascinating​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Luma
Name singular: Sylph

Name plural: Sylphs

Short description:
Ethereal folk of elemental air. They can become powerful elemental sorcerers with command over their particular elemental dominion and tend to be beautiful and lithe who have a knack for eavesdropping.

Lifespan: Sylphs live about the same length of time as humans do, and have a definite childhood and adulthood. Unlike most races, however, Sylphs do not ever suffer from the ravages of age. They do not have a middle age or a dotage. Once they reach adulthood at the age of twenty, they live, more or less unchanged, until they reach the age of ninety or so. A Sylph in their eighties looks identical to a Sylph in their twenties. As a result, many Sylphs begin their adventuring careers quite a bit later than a human would, since they maintain their vigor much longer.

When a Sylph reaches the end of their lifespan, there is no warning. One moment the Sylph will be talking and acting normally, and the next instant, there is a powerful gust of wind and their empty clothes fall to the floor. Death due to age for Sylphs is sudden and comes in an instant. As a result, Sylphs of great age tend to treasure every day as if it might be their last, because it is literally true. Sylphs that die of accidents or violence leave physical bodies behind; only old age causes their forms to abruptly disperse.

Cultural description: sylphs are afraid of commitments so it is inevitable gor them to send their newly born child to the human realm so it can be adopted by humans. Once the child was adopted, the sylph parents will flee, only to return when the time is right.

The child will be raised according to human customs but as sylphs grow up, they will dislike the attention they receive growing up in human society. It's common for them to leave home soon after coming of age and once they do, this will where the adult sylphs intervene. Once the young slyph truly decides to leave their human home and never come back, its true parents (slyphs) will take him/her back to the slyphs realm and be raised and taught about their heritage and true nature.

The sylphs who decided to deny ther true heritage will turn into humans. They will lose ther powers, as well s the breeze following them around.

The markings on their skin will starts to show and their abilities and powers start to develop when they do accept their heritage. Their true nature will surface and soon enough, they'll become the slyph they truly are. They are curious, shy, and full of mischief.

There are no parent-child relationship among sylphs. They treat each other as friends or as enemies, whichever they see fit.

Sylphs have little regard for laws and traditions, for such strictures often prohibit the very things sylphs love—subterfuge and secrecy. This doesn't mean sylphs are opposed to law, merely that they use the most expedient means available to accomplish their goals, legal or not. Most sylphs are thus neutrally aligned. Sylphs are naturally drawn to mystery cults, and to deities who focus on secrets, travel, or knowledge.

Physical Description: Sylphs tend to be pale and thin to the point of appearing delicate, but their skinny bodies are often more resilient than they look. Many sylphs can easily pass for humans with some effort, though the complex markings that swirl across their skin and their bright eyes and hair reveal their elemental ancestry. The swirls only shows up once the slyph embraced his/her true nature. Thus, it is possible for a slyph to assume itself as a human and never know what he/she truly is.

Sylphs also bear more subtle signs of their heritage, such as a slight breeze following them wherever they go. These signs become more pronounced as a sylph experiences intense passion or anger, spontaneous gusts of wind tousling the sylph's hair or hot blusters knocking small items off of shelves. But of course, the breeze will soon die down once the slyph didn't accept its true nature and will be turned into a regular human.

Powers/Abilities:
Air Sense: Sylphs do not see any better or worse than any other races, but they have one remarkable sense. A Sylph can feel the presence of objects and creatures by the air they displace. This is a variant of tremorsense, except it requires air and not ground. Thus, Air Sense does not work underwater or any other places where there is no air. Otherwise, it serves as tremorsense except it does not require the target to be touching a surface, merely be within air.

Keen Hearing
:
Due to their affinity with air, sylphs are great on sound-based perception checks.

Air Affinity: sylphs can Manipulate air however they want.

Realm: Earth

Other: Sylphs enjoy prying into the affairs of most other races, but have little taste for actually associating with most of them. Sylphs can relate on some level with other races, who share their tendency toward aloofness, but often spoil any possible relationship by violating their sense of privacy. Its common for them to be distrusted intensely, considering them flighty and unreliable.
Your race sheet still uses the terms "human realm" and "sylph realm" quite a bit -- which, as I said before, is confusing -- even more so now that the 'realm' field is just listed as "earth", and doesn't even mention any other place that they're hidden. Yes, I said that it would be easier to just say that their realm is earth, but, editing out everything about the forest (I think it was a forest?) that they live in completely means that you've removed some essential info, which should be added back in somewhere else.

So uh, yeah -- include some mention of where/how the sylphs are hidden, and be sure to edit the bits that say things like "sylphs leave their children in the human realm" and "sylphs who accept their heritage return to the sylph realm", etc.

Eh... the formatting here is really confusing, making things kind of hard to read.

May I suggest -- assuming I've even interpreted your layout correctly -- that you try formatting it like this instead?

Powers/Abilities:
Synthos:
  • To pass into different realms and to take over a new body
Anthys:
  • Phasing is the ability to pass through solid objects. It allos the Anthys to pass through as many objects as they are able to in a few minutes. They can continue phasing as long as they want when doing so intervals.
  • Invisibility is pretty self explanatory, but it only lasts for an hour at most.
This makes it easier to see which powers relate to the Synthos and which ones relate to the Anthys. And having a bulleted list in general just makes it a lot easier to make sense of it all.

As for the last two lines:

I'm honestly not even sure if these are supposed to be under the same list as the Anthys powers, or if this just refers to both the Anthys and Synthos in general... This is what I mean when I say the formatting here is confusing. o_o
Yes, sorry. I'll fix that. I was trying to format that in my word doc, but I wasn't so sure it would carry over into the post. I shall fix to clarify things!
How can Anthys know that they were a Synthos if they have no memory of it?
What I was going for was that they didn't retain any memories of the feelings that Synthos have, but I see what your saying. I think I'm going to fix it so they have bits and pieces of being one. I'll fix it!
So, given the fact that this retained trait is based off of whatever powers the host body had initially -- I'm going to say that, if you create an Anthys character and you want to make use of this, you'll have to make sure that the host body is something that's actually on the race sheet, so that the ambassador of that race can help you work out what this "retained trait" would be. Otherwise, it would be possible for you to basically make this "retained trait" into anything you wanted by making up any sort of host body.
Yes! That's what I was planning!
Ehh. Specifically making it the space between the realms of time is a little bit confusing. I'm honestly not sure what that even means. >.>

If you want to just make it "the space between the realms" then that's fine. Although I should warn you that the space between realms is probably something that future ambassadors will want to get in on -- so I hope you're ready for the Divide to receive more attention than most other realms will probably get. XD
Yes, that's what I was going for. I'm not totally sure where the last part came from. I've been a little stressed from work recently. Which I can totally fix.
Other than that, though, this looks pretty good! Just a few minor things that need to be cleared up, it seems. ^^
Ok good. I was worried that I didn't do a very good job. Heh.

Oh I was wondering, do you want me to just edit it and quote to you or post a whole new one?

[fieldbox= , solid, Maroon]
C H A R A C T E R S H E E T

Name: Viviana ("Vivi") Necroste
Race: Devo
Age (apparent): 17
Age (actual): 37

Appearance:
With a height of 5'4, and a weight of 102 pounds, Viviana's physical form appears frail and weak- though make no mistake when its said she can wield a weapon with the force of a raging typhoon. Her skin, porcelain as it is, appears to be separated by visible joints- making her a life sized doll that moves and talks. Because of this fact, she is seen usually wearing Victorian-styled clothing- with a modern twist (for reference, refer to picture). Her eyes are solid black, but the Devo hides this fact with a pair of red contacts. Her contrasting hair- a pale silver- ends past her hips, ending at her mid-thigh.

Usually, the Devo's doll has an unfocused, yet sharp look on her face- her eyes the only thing that dulls the disinterest evident on her face. This can change when entering a discussion with her, when her face softens immensely with a curiosity that will eventually kill her cat- should she ever own one.

History: [spoili]
Created from the soul of a serial killer's wife, it wasn't very hard for Vivi to find another corpse within the month, the body of a young woman suiting just fine for what she had planned.

Of course, the Devo had to wait about 15 years before making her presence in the world again, managing to snag a fake I.D. from a black-market dealer in France before moving to America.

New York City was a big city, and as such had many people who minded their own business, so long as you kept your head low. Doing just this, Viviana was recruited as an intern for a photography studio, a few years later taking the position as the owner's assistant.

It was during a walk-in appointment that she met another Devo for the first time. After a few discussions, this stranger mentioned that there was going to be a gathering with some other local Devos, and that Vivi was invited to join.

Curiosity becoming too much, she went to the address written down by the other Devo, surprised to see quite a few other Devos in the small house. It didn't take long after she arrived for the first to make his move, and suddenly the crowd erupted into a frenzy of kill-or-be-killed. Blood was shed, people were killed, and the exact moment when a Devo taking the form of a middle-aged man decided to turn against Vivi was when it all stopped. Everyone froze in their tracks, and it was on that day that the Devo learned she was a Devee.

Fast-forward a few more years, where Vivi already had 6 followers at the young age of 36 (well, young for a Devo, that is). The group practically became a family, with the Devee barely having to command everyone and instead getting along with everyone.

Life was good, until it all crashed and burnt.

One day, a Devo approached the group, warning of the presence of a new Devee and joining Vivi's ranks in the process. At first, Viviana wasn't that worried...until that same Devo was destroyed and consumed by the other Devee. It didn't take long for fear to spread among the small group- they knew what a cannibalistic Devee was capable of.

So, they gave up, one of them started begging be consumed by Vivi herself, rather than being absorbed by a seemingly cruel Devee. It was best for her to be the only one who survives, rather than them all suffering the same fate. After much debating, it was finally decided that the Devee would consume all of her followers.

Now, with ownership of 6 items and a broken heart, Viviana awaited for the dreaded meeting to take place. The battle was long, apparently her opponent owned 9 different items as well, though only 4 of them were combat-ready. But when one gambles with their own existence, sometimes great rewards are benefitted. Destroying the other Devee and gaining 3 new followers, for example. Because of having to consume the people she's known for over a decade (she was basically 15-16 when she moved to America, about 20 when she got the photographer's assistant position, and around 22 when she became a Devee and gained those original 6 followers), Viviana feels that if she were to gain new followers, it would be a betrayal to them. (Also, she doesn't want to have to deal with that type of loss again, so it's just easier to get rid of them before getting attached. It's pretty contradictory to her beliefs, but it's how she copes with it.)

After consuming this new batch of followers, Viviana began to understand the purpose of this world, how being things like "kind" and "naive" can lead to the death of everyone you truly love. So, she attempted to seclude herself from Devos, keeping her job as a photographer and just avoiding the others of her kind.

...A year later, the Devee was informed about Omnibus, and once more her curiosity got the better of her- though this time she has no idea what she's looking forward to.
[/spoili]

Personality: [spoili]

~Not the most sociable of people, Viviana prefers to observe and listen most of the time, only offering her input in a conversation to ask a question or when prompted. Though this may be true, she is anything but shy, instead preferring the company of others over being completely alone with her thoughts.

~Polite to a T, she's mostly formal with her way of speaking, giving off an impression of superiority sometimes. A lack of compassion makes the Devee seem cold-hearted, and her usually stoic attitude makes her seem heartless, though these are hardly the case.

~Not one for making friends anymore, she usually won't act out unless the issue at hand directly involves her-but if she deems a person useful, she will protect them to a certain degree (i.e. helping them out if they're close by, but not helping if they decide to go get themselves kidnapped).

~Though, while she loves to discuss (and by discuss, she means listen and ask questions about a variety of subjects) there are certain topics she will flat out avoid, most of them originating from her personal life.

~Not afraid of both giving and receiving pain, it's possible for the Devee to be persuaded into a fight, depending on the circumstances- though the likelihood of this ever happening is very low.
[/spoili]

Other:
Currently, Viviana possesses ownership over 10 items- 5 of which are combat-ready:
~ A classic umbrella- solid white in color, with a worn handle made of wood. (This is Viviana's original item, the one that she was created with.)
~ A hammer*- accented with a bloodied handle.
~ A small hatchet*- it's blade somewhat tarnished, but useful nonetheless.
~ A frying pan*- simple and effective.
~ A hemp rope- strong, with a length of 6 yards (18 feet).
~ A lighter- keeps away the frostbite, and sheds some light on the situation.
~ A black ribbon- great for tying back hair.
~ A hunting knife*- the perfect tool for peeling apples (amongst other things).
~ A quilted blanket- effective for keeping out the cold.
~ A baseball bat*- made of hickory wood.

I swear, she's wearing (short) shorts! At least, that's what it looks like to me...?(>.<)
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Luma
Status
Not open for further replies.