Status
Not open for further replies.
3f4e5e1b06.png

Somehow I don't think it's just you. LOL.
XD Exactly. I figured it was either just a suggestion for me (which wouldn't make sense, given that I can't remember the last time I tried searching for it on any device), or a suggestion for everyone, which I also thought was weird since I wasn't even sure if the Roleplayer Guild pages would come up as search results anymore.

Then I remembered that we had a Wikia, and things made more sense. XD

Took a look at the wiki, I find it a bit disappointing that they don't really say anything for most of the races. :<
That's because creating a Wikia page was optional, and judging by the fact that I totally forgot we had a Wikia, it's pretty clear that not a lot of us made very much use of it... :P

That's because creating a Wikia page was optional, and judging by the fact that I totally forgot we had a Wikia, it's pretty clear that not a lot of us made very much use of it... :P
Ah, that explains it.

Also I saw this interest check when I typed it in google and scrolled down. XD

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I'm already working on a second...
that's fabulous :)

I convinced my friend to check out the int check and she's interested, she just needs to make an account :)

I should mention: despite the fact that the OOC would be really easy to put together (weirdly easy compared to what I'm used to... I could have it ready within a week if I put my mind to it, much sooner if I didn't have a convention this weekend o_o"), I don't want to post it up until I can get the IC started for Altera Arcana. And how long it would take me to do that depends on... a few things. Like I said, though, I have a convention this weekend -- so it won't be until next week that I really try to sort all that out. o_o"

In the meantime!! Here are a few other quick things that I want to sort out about Omnibus, so that I can put it together as quickly and easily as possible once I'm ready to do so:
  1. Humans -- yay or nay? Like I said, earlier versions of TJA made it so that regular humans could attend, but magic was kept a secret from them, and later versions of TJA scrapped this in favor of it being for magical (or otherwise otherworldly) creatures only. To clarify, though, the "no humans" approach more accurately means no regular humans, as I'm sure you could still have wizards/witches and other beings that, depending on your lore, could technically still count as "humans". I'm leaning pretty heavily towards no humans, just because it would make more sense, but, I figured I should at least ask before assuming that no one had a counter-argument to this. (I should also note that there presumably won't be any playable regular humans... so... this is mostly just a question about how we want the setting to work.)
  2. Location -- This sort of goes hand-in-hand with the humans thing. Do we want this to be a seemingly-normal school sitting on the ground somewhere, or do we want something a bit more fantastical? The no-humans version of TJA, for example, went with a floating island approach. I could say that the school is in its own little pocket-dimension, but, I feel like that could make the lore fairly confusing from the start. Having the setting be Earth by default makes it a lot easier to make sense of things whenever other realms start getting involved -- especially if it's a realm that certain characters should be able to easily come and go from. That being said, though, if we include regular humans, then that automatically means that we'll have a seemingly-normal school firmly planted on good ol' planet Earth.
  3. Dorms -- This was a big thing in TJA. We'll definitely have them, my questions lie in the execution of them.
    1. Firstly, TJA had co-ed dorms, meaning that it was totally possible for male and female characters to live in the same room. I like this approach because it means there are really no restrictions to worry about when it comes to arranging dorms -- but, again, just wanted to toss it out there in case anyone had any objections.
    2. Do you guys want to choose your dorms, or do you want it to be random? Being able to choose dorms means that we players can decide which pairs of roommates we think would be the most interesting. But if it's random, then, well... it's random, which could make for some interesting and unexpected match-ups, but, it would all be a luck-of-the-draw thing, really. The other advantage to making it random is that players wouldn't need to decide on a dorm, which can prevent situations like "where do you want your character to live?", "I dunno where do you think my character should live?" from players who don't have any preference or who don't feel like reading all the unpaired roommates' CS's to see what their options are. And I also think there's a fun bit of spontaneity in a new player joining, getting their character accepted, and then me taking a quick trip to random.org and then returning to tell them, "oh yeah by the way you're rooming with the wolf-guy who doesn't understand human culture and nearly killed a guy over a can of monster. Have fun with that" All things considered, I'm honestly kind of torn on this one.

I should mention: despite the fact that the OOC would be really easy to put together (weirdly easy compared to what I'm used to... I could have it ready within a week if I put my mind to it, much sooner if I didn't have a convention this weekend o_o"), I don't want to post it up until I can get the IC started for Altera Arcana. And how long it would take me to do that depends on... a few things. Like I said, though, I have a convention this weekend -- so it won't be until next week that I really try to sort all that out. o_o"

In the meantime!! Here are a few other quick things that I want to sort out about Omnibus, so that I can put it together as quickly and easily as possible once I'm ready to do so:
  1. Humans -- yay or nay? Like I said, earlier versions of TJA made it so that regular humans could attend, but magic was kept a secret from them, and later versions of TJA scrapped this in favor of it being for magical (or otherwise otherworldly) creatures only. To clarify, though, the "no humans" approach more accurately means no regular humans, as I'm sure you could still have wizards/witches and other beings that, depending on your lore, could technically still count as "humans". I'm leaning pretty heavily towards no humans, just because it would make more sense, but, I figured I should at least ask before assuming that no one had a counter-argument to this. (I should also note that there presumably won't be any playable regular humans... so... this is mostly just a question about how we want the setting to work.)
  2. Location -- This sort of goes hand-in-hand with the humans thing. Do we want this to be a seemingly-normal school sitting on the ground somewhere, or do we want something a bit more fantastical? The no-humans version of TJA, for example, went with a floating island approach. I could say that the school is in its own little pocket-dimension, but, I feel like that could make the lore fairly confusing from the start. Having the setting be Earth by default makes it a lot easier to make sense of things whenever other realms start getting involved -- especially if it's a realm that certain characters should be able to easily come and go from. That being said, though, if we include regular humans, then that automatically means that we'll have a seemingly-normal school firmly planted on good ol' planet Earth.
  3. Dorms -- This was a big thing in TJA. We'll definitely have them, my questions lie in the execution of them.
    1. Firstly, TJA had co-ed dorms, meaning that it was totally possible for male and female characters to live in the same room. I like this approach because it means there are really no restrictions to worry about when it comes to arranging dorms -- but, again, just wanted to toss it out there in case anyone had any objections.
    2. Do you guys want to choose your dorms, or do you want it to be random? Being able to choose dorms means that we players can decide which pairs of roommates we think would be the most interesting. But if it's random, then, well... it's random, which could make for some interesting and unexpected match-ups, but, it would all be a luck-of-the-draw thing, really. The other advantage to making it random is that players wouldn't need to decide on a dorm, which can prevent situations like "where do you want your character to live?", "I dunno where do you think my character should live?" from players who don't have any preference or who don't feel like reading all the unpaired roommates' CS's to see what their options are. And I also think there's a fun bit of spontaneity in a new player joining, getting their character accepted, and then me taking a quick trip to random.org and then returning to tell them, "oh yeah by the way you're rooming with the wolf-guy who doesn't understand human culture and nearly killed a guy over a can of monster. Have fun with that" All things considered, I'm honestly kind of torn on this one.
1: no, unless said humans have a spell cast on them that makes them see everything in 'normal' terms. Seeing as that's confusing, I just vote no. I doubt anyone would wanna play a human anyways.
2: I'd say Earth, where the schoolgrounds are magically cloaked from human detection.
3-1: sure.
3-2: random because it's simpler and more exciting.

Reactions: Kagayours
I don't see how other nonhumans would be able to act normally around a human, especially one that doesn't know magic. I vote no.

Location...this one I'm not sure about. I mean, there could be like portals to whatever dimension the school is in, and those portals are found randomly in other realms. Again, I'm not exactly sure what to do about that, but you have my opinion here.

Co-ed dorms? Ooooh, gimme! And I'm all for the roomings to be randomized, hehe.

Hy! Gamer5 reporting in! I am glad to see the spirit of TJA live on through this idea! I hope it works out and the craziness gets rolling again!

1. I had a "ordinary" (by what I mean that the chara had no magic, divine powers or other supernatural abilities, just deadly precise aim and a lot of weapons) in one of the TJA's. But I don't really care if "ordinary" humans are allowed or not. I have more then enough characters that are non-human or are not an "ordinary" human.

2. Proposition: Remote/artificial island or a isolated location on Earth? It would combine a decent degree of secrecy with a location on Earth. Otherwise I do not care!

1. I say we keep the co-ed rooms.
2. Random room allocation! For the glory of randomness!

i'd vote no for humans honestly

i kinda like the idea of it being on earth but like still secret so like Gamer5 said, a secret island or something. i think that would be an idea

the characters i'm currently planning for the race i'm working out are fraternal twins who would really prefer a room together so co-ed rooms would actually work for me better then separated (though either could create some interesting story elements
and i think randomization would be far more fun,

how many people to a dorm? 2 or 4? or do you have both?

2. Proposition: Remote/artificial island or a isolated location on Earth? It would combine a decent degree of secrecy with a location on Earth. Otherwise I do not care!
Mmm. I like that idea. I'll keep it in mind.

how many people to a dorm? 2 or 4? or do you have both?
I'm planning on 2.

the characters i'm currently planning for the race i'm working out are fraternal twins who would really prefer a room together so co-ed rooms would actually work for me better then separated (though either could create some interesting story elements
and i think randomization would be far more fun,
I think that, even if we don't go with randomized dorms, I don't know if I'd be too keen on having twin characters live together. Just the idea of twin characters makes them feel so much like a package deal already, and having them spend lots of time together runs the risk of there being lots of self-interaction going on... Separating them would probably be for the best -- make them interact with their own separate roommates. :P

Reactions: Eon
I personally don't think having regular humans would work too well. Of course, that's just my opinion.

As for dorms, I think assigning them randomly would be a good way to let everyone get to know each other.

1. Rosario Vampire says no. ^^
2. I don't really have any strong feelings one way or another. Although being hidden is always neat, being ~elsewhere~ is cooler.
3.1. I like.
3.2. Again, no strong preference.

I think that, even if we don't go with randomized dorms, I don't know if I'd be too keen on having twin characters live together. Just the idea of twin characters makes them feel so much like a package deal already, and having them spend lots of time together runs the risk of there being lots of self-interaction going on... Separating them would probably be for the best -- make them interact with their own separate roommates. :P
I wouldn't complain, it could be intersting

Now my goal is to see how many race concepts I can come up with before the OOC is posted.

do you guys know how to invite people?
my friend can't register, it's says she needs an invite code but i don't know how to get one

do you guys know how to invite people?
my friend can't register, it's says she needs an invite code but i don't know how to get one
Hover over your username on the top-right of the screen. Click on "personal details". Then look on the sidebar and click "people you invited" under "settings". That'll give you the code to invite people with.

Hover over your username on the top-right of the screen. Click on "personal details". Then look on the sidebar and click "people you invited" under "settings". That'll give you the code to invite people with.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.