Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaine was only growing more and more suspicious of this one called 'Sail'. She actually didn't know how, but she knew his name. And now she was pointing at something towards the ground. "What?" He looked down, and saw an odd little girl eating away at the jelly beans that were now up to about Kaine's ankles. "And who might you be?", he said while looking at the strange, though not as strange as some, being. It smelled... foul. Almost like a corpse. Weird...

@Sail @Belladonna

Almost as soon as Nightshade could finish making his threat, a mass of inky blackness shot up from the floor in front of him at lightning speeds, taking on a tentacle-like shape as it wrapped itself around Nightshade’s doll, lifting him in the air slightly and keeping his arms held firmly at his sides.

"Someone’s making an attempt on my life? Already?" the receptionist at the main desk sighed, a Southern accent clearly audible in her voice. "But it’s only the first day…" She seemed to have an entirely-human appearance — a young, thin woman. Professionally-dressed, with her dirty blonde hair tied up in a neat bun. If Nightshade were to look down at the floor, he would notice a blackness of some kind spreading across the distance between the tentacle and the space behind the desk. The blackness itself seemed to be completely two-dimensional, almost as if the floor had simply been painted that way (well, ignoring the fact that it was clearly moving), with the tentacle jutting out of the floor at an angle like a bizarre painting come to life, breaking into three-dimensional space.

With a look of only mild annoyance, the receptionist’s blue eyes looked up at Nightshade through glasses with semi-circle shaped lenses. As she stood up and walked out from behind the desk, it became clear that her human-like attributes completely stopped at the waist. The lower half of her body somewhat resembled an octopus — if octopuses were completely made out of only a viscous liquid, and had an ever-changing number of limbs. This part of her body seemed to be made out of the same stuff as the tentacle that had grabbed hold of Nightshade’s doll — a thick, black liquid capable of re-shaping itself into whatever form was needed. The receptionist walked(?) towards Nightshade’s doll, carried by the many tentacles beneath her. As the distance between herself and Nightshade shortened, so too did the black spot on the floor — as the two-dimensional shape came to an end beneath the secretary’s feet (er, I mean… you know), getting lost in the blackness of the tentacles.

As all this happened, a few other faculty members in the office looked up at Nightshade for only a brief moment, returning to their work soon after. They seemed to treat the entire spectacle as a rather mundane and every-day occurrence.

"What did you say you wanted, sweetheart? The PA system?" she asked in an almost-mocking tone, maintaining a stern and unamused expression on her face. "Sorry, hun, but I don’t think that’ll happen. At least not with that attitude…"

Then, a student walked through the perfectly-good door that Nightshade decided not to use for whatever reason — a girl with long, silver hair. "Oh! Can I help ya with something, miss?" the receptionist chirped in a much more friendly tone, speaking casually without at all addressing why she was holding a man hostage a few inches off the ground.

@gamer5 @Sail

TLDR: A receptionist easily restrains Nightshade, and no one seems to give a single fuck about the threat he made. The receptionist then greets Ishika as she walks in.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru
Nightshade took a deep breath in and out, his doll's eyes darting swiftly towards the girl with silver hair. "Are these people really going to restrain my doll....that's nearly laughable." Nightshade thought to himself, as his formless Devo body floated in the air.

"Madam, I am sorry for threatening you." He said in a calm tone, pulling his scythe from this existence. "But, I absolutely needed to make myself clear, that I'd do anything to gain access to the PA system. There...there's been a murderer about, and...and he...." False tears began to trail down Nightshade's face, "...he killed my only friend here...and...and....I just wanted to honor his only wish..."

"Let's see if she'll take this sob story..." Nightshade thought to himself.

(Sail)

"Sail, Sail Salizen. I come from E2, a planet nearly identical to this one. The only major difference is that naturally, there is no gravity there." She said effortlessly, taking a deep breath in.

She focused within herself, pulling back the golden, ethereal shell encasing her, protecting her from nothing. The shell seemed to be blown into the air, as if by an unknown force. She never liked having more than one Card activated at once, and she was planning on switching Cards soon.

"Deck, summon!" she shouted loudly, a light pulse of energy shooting outwards, feeling as if a light breeze had started from her.

TL;DR: Nightshade attempts to gain access to the PA system by telling a sob story; Sail removes Vishnu, then summons her Deck

Maggot, the Very Confused Recycler

Voices… voices?

Maggot blinked, startled out of its sugar frenzy. That wasn’t right. Were they… humans? Recyclers weren’t supposed to show themselves to the natives of this planet – though Maggot was newly hatched, it knew that this was a rule it needed to obey. The Creators had said so, long ago, and thus the Recyclers would forever obey.

The voices. There were two of them, and as Maggot looked up, it realized—

THAT THEY WERE RIGHT THERE.

RIGHT.

FREAKING.

THERE.

The poor Recycler shrieked and scrambled backwards, nearly falling over its own skinny limbs in an attempt to get away.

Then it assessed the threat. Two humanoids – a tall, willowy woman, pale and slender. A human? It was hard to tell. The woman was accompanied by a male with messy black hair, red eyes… and fangs. And horns. Definitely not an Earthling.

"Wha...what's that thing!” said the female. “Kaine, look!"

"What?" said the male. “And who might you be?"

"Sail, Sail Salizen. I come from E2, a planet nearly identical to this one,” said the female. “The only major difference is that naturally, there is no gravity there." And then she started glowing. That was... probably a bad sign. “Deck, summon!” she shouted, a pulse of light shooting out from her body.

Maggot let out another squeak, scrambling back even further. So neither of the two were Earthlings, then… it stared up at the two humanoids with wide eyes. Were they… did they think that Maggot was a threat? Were they about to try and exterminate Maggot?

“N-not hostile,” the Recycler stammered, staring up at the two with wide eyes. Instinctual programming began to kick in. These weren’t Earthlings, ergo they would know that Recyclers weren’t hostile… right? “Chosen name: Maggot. Earth-strain Recycler, Generation 54139. My purpose is to process waste products. No offensive capabilities. D-do not attack.”

@Sail @Takashi

Last edited by a moderator:
"I see. Not sure what most of that meant, other than your name, but ok." Sail's golden shell was removed, now she looked just about like a human. And then she yelled 'Deck Summon!'... Kaine quickly snapped his head towards her. Definitely getting more suspicious. The glowing and light didn't help his nerves at all. Did she know he was a demon? Was she going to try to kill him? Kaine kept his eyes on the female, growing edgy.

Then the being who had been eating let out a shriek and scurried back. She explained herself, identity, purpose and all. "Wait... process waste products? You mean like those garbage truck things? Except smaller, of course... and I don't think I'll attack you.", Kaine said, still watching Sail. He definitely wasn't diverting his eyes until he knew she wasn't going to try to kill him.

@Sail @Belladonna

Maggot, the Freaked-Out Recycler

"Wait... process waste products?” said the male humanoid. Kaine, he’d said. “You mean like those garbage truck things? Except smaller, of course... and I don't think I'll attack you.”

Garbage trucks…? Maggot cocked its head, confused. It knew what garbage was, of course, but… what was a truck? Perhaps it was… contemporary Earthling slang? Maggot had been born with the basics of language, but it unfortunately knew very little of Earthling culture. Recyclers weren’t exactly supposed to do a lot of conversing, after all.

“Yes, like... garbage trucks,” said Maggot, relieved that at least ‘Kaine’ was apparently not hostile. And better yet – everything about Kaine’s body screamed that he was also suspicious of his companion: the glowing, shell-creating, light pulse throwing woman, and the one that Maggot was actually worried about exterminating it. “I consume hazardous material such as plutonium-238 and plutonium-240, and convert it into stable by products. I am not a hostile entity. That is my purpose.”

As it spoke, the unfortunate Recycler shuffled subtly behind ‘Kaine’ and away from the glowing lady. Recyclers, after all, have always had excellent survival instincts, and if they started fighting, maybe Maggot could sneak away in the chaos…?

Yeah, it should have just stayed in the garbage room…

How He Knew...

@Luma , @Eruantien , @munchkinomatic , @Sail ...

The Omni Bit appeared to take no notice of what went on between Naia and Sol, conversation-wise. Too busy studying the green orb. Studying Sol, herself. And studying the Universe round about. Being a quantum-flux level device, it had quite a lot on its mind. Small as a marble on the outside. Big as all reality on the inside. Quite an amazing piece of tech. But still, just the size of a marble, and so, limited.

Priorities, yes.

And yes, cute. Also playful. Because its master, Deen, was playful. And curious. And liked to poke at things. So this darn-cute Omni Bit returned the orbiting favor, played a game of Chase The Spheres... weaving tensor threads as it did so.

Deen?

He licked the back of his hand... not the first, and most probably not the last time someone wouldn't take his offered hand. Strange, indeed. But most likely, some people just didn't like scales and claws. He found bare skin a bit odd, himself. Not having any, what with everything not covered by fur being covered by scales. No, feathers didn't count, since there was fur underneath. And since he'd only had feathers since he'd hit puberty. Heh. Humanoid teenagers thought they had issues with things growing in strange places.......

Well.......

Neptune said some things, and Deen made some short, pleasant replies... but then, Neptune asked a question, and Deen, knowing how some humanoids viewed such things, found himself in an awkward position. However, being Nism, and, more importantly, being "Deen", he simply grinned and...

... "I've been following you, ever since the Java Squirrel." His ears perked, his mane fur ruffled (though his body fur and shroudruff feathers stayed down), and yes, all four nostrils flared. With Neptune now standing, Deen felt the need to also stand, arms across chest... "As witness to a murder scene, there's a very good chance you might be on the menu."

Perfect cue for Seiko to declare her discomfort, and leave.

And as for Dove's question? That was, unfortunately, left unanswered in the moment.

Meanwhile.......

Poor Nightshade. Not only the indignity of being bested by a woman with a bun and glasses, but more poured on when another stray Omni Bit fweeped in behind Ishika, took stock of the situation, zipped up... and wagged a "finger" in Nightshade's face.

Last edited:
"Welp....this 'Maggot' is in for a load of trouble...if she has no defensive capabilities, the killer may get her next...."

Sail watched as Maggot shuffled behind Kaine as she let her Deck vanish into nothingness. She put her hands into the air, then backed up, hoping to show she wasn't going to attack. "I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I've been on high alert ever since my...my handler was murdered. You are safe with me as well." Tears began to well up within her eyes as her mind drifted back to that fateful day.

@Takashi @Belladonna

Last edited:
Kaine eased up a little. It seemed her casting was somewhat limited, she needed to actually say the words 'Deck Summon' for it to work. At least, that was what Kaine thought. 'It would seem I have a bit of an advantage should conflict arise, I need no casting. As long as I'm quick about shifting one hand, maybe I won't die', he thought. Still, couldn't hurt to gather more information. "Ah, your...handler?" He tilted his head and little. And then he noticed that 'Maggot', as she called herself, had hidden behind him. "You may remove yourself from my backside if you wish.", He said not exactly telling her to move, but hinting at it.

@Sail @Belladonna

"Yes, my handler. I am from a planet known as E2, nearly identical to this planet you call Earth. But, you see, my handler was the one who teleported me, along with my other fellow Caens, to this planet with her Card known as 'Wormhole'. But, she was slaughtered around a year ago, trapping all of us Caens here" Sail said, her hands still held into the air.

Omnibus side: @Luma (as Sol) and @Takashi (as Jormungand)
Mire side: @Luma (as Luna), @Shinku⭐Kun (as Azrael), @Eruantien (as Key) and @Kagayours (as Kaessya)

By the time the new arrival started talking Naia had already "portaled" away the weapons of the four trapped resurrected beings to somewhere else, then released them. As she was preparing to start the work on returning the four that Sol transported who knows where Jormungand arrived at the scene.

"This one carries the name of Naia Matei. As for the reason you suddenly like shiny things I have no idea," Naia quickly answered before returning to the task at hand. As she risen her concentration the world around her was cut out of her senses, until the only things that would reach her attention would be her name or immediate danger.

With the needed level of concentration reached it took only moments for Naia's magic to maximize its output, as she cut out all the spells that she constantly run in order to decrease the burden of her condition. In this state it was still uncontrolled and unchecked and flew out of Naia like water flows out from a burst dam, flooding the surroundings in massive amounts of magic.

But that did not last long and soon Naia run a massive spell, not wasting time on incantations this time, as forming world would take away precious time and concentration. A 3D magical construct, a sphere filled with countless magical lettering, appeared around Naia and expanded outward as the spell increased in complexity, until it reached a radius of 5 meters.

In the just few moments that passed from Naia answering Jormugand, Naia prepared a massive spell, showing that her title as a genius was not for show. Now compelled by Naia trough the spell and the device in Naia's homeland, the massive installation hidden in the moon of Naia's homeworld shifted magic, run spells, calculated data and finally opened a portal connecting Omnibus and the Mire. The Omnibus side was some 5 meters in front of Naia while the portal on Mire appeared some 25 meters in front of the raft with large words "To Omnibus." drawn with magic above it...

Reactions: Stray Shinku
As Azrael
"Why he always have to push himself to the limit every time?" thought Azrael as she observed from the sky at Key's ultimate power, flapping her wings quickly and strong to keep her balance as strong gusts that came from Key were passing through. She also had an ultimate, but she prefers not to use it due to the fact that it also affects everyone silly enough to look at her. Key was the epitome of ruin, but Azrael was the epitome of agony and despair. So, if she ever uses her ultimate, her victims will suffer the must awful death that could exist and those that watch her on that "form" will go mad for a couple of seconds, but it can be more if they stare at her for too long. That was a power she wasn't proud of and she only used once a long time ago to banned back to Hell a powerful demon.

As Key flawlessly defeated the colossi, Luna finally had an opening for the raft, so she sailed through, standing in a funny heroic pose. Strapping Hades on her back, Azrael looked forward in an effort to examine the path the raft was taking but found nothing but more darkness, mountains, and tall trees. She sighed, wondering if they actually going to be able to get out from this strange place covered in eternal darkness.

Having nothing to do, Azrael dove towards the raft that was going at full speed thanks to Luna. That made any landing difficult, so Azrael made some maneuvers dashed into the center of the raft, landing on her feet and hands. As she hid her wings into her back. Standing straight, she turned around to look down at her exhausted partner.

"Even when you manage to kill that thing and save us all, it was pretty foolish using that much of energy, Key," she told him in a scolding manner, walking towards him. Sighing, she knelt behind his head and gently hold his head and laid it on her lap. She lowered her head to look at Key straight at his cerulean eyes, gently hold his head by his cheeks. "Now, just rest and leave us the rest to us, okay? You have done more than enough. Understood?" She playfully poked his right cheek. "And I won't accept any no's, so don't even think about it."

Like before, Azrael felt her cheeks burning and her heart beating a little faster than usual, but she was trying her best to just ignore the feeling. She wondered since when she began to feel like that every time Key was around. It was probably since that time the High Command from Valhalla punished her by suspending her from her Harbinger duties. Everyone began to avoid her but Key, for a reason Azrael still don't know by this date.

They spent a lot of time together, talking about small and pretty insignificant things like two good friends and every time Key was doing his duties, Azrael patiently waited for him to come back. It didn't take long for her to began to feel "weird" around him after a while, but afraid to ruin their "friendship", she kept that for herself.

"Unfortunately, I'm incapable of doing such thing," she answered Luna's question, clearing her throat and getting out of her thoughts. "And for what I saw from above, there's only darkness forward and no sign of any civilization."

Last edited:
@Luma (as Sol) @gamer5 (as Naia)

"Naia? Alright." He merely nodded as his question was quickly brushed off. Admittedly, it probably seemed like nonsense to the two others that were there, along with the now released shiny people. But it was a completely legitimate question to him. He heard the sound of metal being strained, it wouldn't last much longer by the noise it made. Jormungand walked, or floated rather, right over to one of the odd dams and stuck his hand through it. Just as he thought, neither the dam nor whatever it was holding could affect him in the least. "These physical beings are about to be caught in flood it seems." Then he started laughing. Laughing at the misfortune that would soon befall them. Besides him, of course. His little laughing fit was interrupted by and exceptional burst of pure magical energy. He felt as if he could assume a physical form right then and there, which he could. But he didn't dare do such a thing due to the situation and instead began to steadily siphon the raw magic from the space around him. He looked back at the one who called herself 'Naia' as a massive orb filled with letters expanded around her. Before he had time to think, a large portal opened in the courtyard. "Now there's a show. So the mages of this realm are still capable."

Evanescence Neptune Ouroboros

Neptune stiffened. This creature, friendly though it seemed, had confessed to following her... she inwardly shuddered to think of what might have been, but for the moment she didn't care to address this. Instead, Neptune turned, eyeing the now-plugged flood of jelly beans. "Well," she replied to the furred quadruped, "I can take care of myself, thank you very much. I believe you helped me earlier, so please accept my gratitude. But it seems you are now needed here, and I am not. I wish you luck; my coming here was ill-timed."

Falling backwards, Neptune phased through the floor. Tumbling through one, two, a third story, she landed in a crouching position in the dorm's lobby. She skipped quickly outside again, phasing through walls to avoid more of the jelly-bean deluge. Neptune's mind was unquiet again, having been reminded of the murders, and she didn't particularly want to climb back up to her room to deal with anyone else at the present. Looking about, she remembered the landing pad she'd been delivered to in the morning.

It was early afternoon by this time, with plenty of students still milling about the area as Neptune approached the landing pad. She looked around; there were still some vehicles and beasts of transport of all different sizes gathered around, each assigned to a different bay. Presumably, these remained from students' accompanying retinues, who might be leaving later in the evening. As she made her way up and down the rows, something caught her eye, glinting in the sunlight. She looked up curiously, and her eyes grew wide.

Without caring who saw, Neptune hurried up to a certain locomotive, suspended in midair above its landing pad. She raised her palm and clenched it into a fist; re-opening it, there rested a small model. One futuristic engine, all plated in shiny metal and streaked with colorful imagery. It looked astonishingly detailed, for its size. And... it was exactly similar to the engine that now hovered before Neptune. Only one difference existed - emblazoned above the cabin was a line of fancy lettering.​

f a t e s t e a d i l y

Far too curious for her own good, Neptune leapt excitedly up from the ground into the locomotive's cabin, tucking her miniature into the pockets of her school uniform. She peeked inside at the controls; buttons, dials and levers of all shapes and colors glistened before her, tempting her to touch them. Neptune reached out a hand, but drew it back just as quickly. This wasn't her transport. And, she probably shouldn't be poking around here, anyway... she'd just spend a few minutes looking. This, then, is what she did, also capturing some photographs of the various instruments with her IDD.​

Somehow, Neptune entirely failed to notice the dial directly above her head.
There was an image of a key. And it was beginning to pulse in all the colors of the rainbow.

@Roose Hurro
@anyone_up_for_a_joyride

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Roose Hurro
Key

Letting his head sink into Azrael's lap, Key took slow breaths to steady himself. He looked up at Azrael's flushed face as she scolded him again, and with a little wave of his fingers, he tried to dismiss her concerns. "I'm fine, Az. Don't worry about me." He paused. "But, thank you." Reaching up, he tapped her lightly on the nose. "Thanks for being worried."

The girl Luna asked a strangely-worded question, but Key got the gist; she wanted to go back, to the Academy, to a place of safety. Still, Key couldn't see immediately a plan of how to do so. The raft rocked lightly as Kaessya jumped on, starting to revert from her beastly form. Instead of being put off by her appearance, Key reached out to her with his palm open, telling her she'd done well. "I'm truly grateful to all of you," he said after a moment. "You fought well." Closing his eyes, Key settled back down into Azrael's lap as Luna's raft sped along the water's surface toward a destination unknown.

However, a few short moments later, a startling noise caused Key to open his eyes again and sit up halfway. In the near distance, a large radial object glittered. Symbols and runes sparkled on its border, and above the center appeared the phrase 'To Omnibus'. Surprised in spite of himself, Key asked Luna to make for the object. "It looks like a way back home!"

They had only just begun to have their spirits raised when an enormous beast breached the water's surface. The group had only a glimpse of the monster as it arced astonishingly gracefully through the interdimensional portal that had appeared. The portal flickered, flashed, and faded from view. Whatever the beast had done on the other side of the portal, it must have caused whoever was upholding the portal to become distracted.

Letting out a quiet groan, Key fell back into Azrael's lap. "We were so close. The creatures here must flock to sources of power; it's the only explanation for how they found us so quickly before."

Deprived again of any sense of direction, Luna's motley seafaring crew journeyed onward. Turning his head to the side, Key pointed at a blob in the distance that looked vaguely like a large amount of solid ground, and their course was adjusted accordingly. It would take some time to get there, however. To try and put everyone at ease, Key tried to start conversation with the three females.

"So... today's been a rough one, hasn't it?"

On the Academy side of Naia's portal, a curious beast fell through, slamming into Naia and knocking her off her feat, breaking her concentration on casting the portal. It dissipated, leaving a very confused and angered water beast in the plaza.​

round-1-fight-1.png

@Kagayours
@Shinku⭐Kun
@Luma
@gamer5
@Takashi

Last edited:
@gamer5 @Roose Hurro @Takashi

Sol wasn't entirely sure what this tiny star was, but she couldn't help giggling as the two danced around each other. Of all the obnoxious creatures here, this one was playful and familiar. If it even was a creature, which she doubted as it seemed to lack a soul. It didn't particularly matter to her though. It felt alive, and that was good enough.

A fancy display of magic down on the ground drew her eye. She wanted to claim she wasn't impressed, but for a planetary creature, the short one was actually pretty impressive. By all means: bring back soul theives and demons. See how that works for you.

Meanwhile, the resurrected quartet promptly made a run for the nearest doorway and charged upstairs for their lives. The steel walls continued to groan, but they continued to hold fast for the time being. However, when a massive, aquatic, rock-like beast was suddenly flung through the portal, Sol's face took on a smug smirk.

"That looks like quite the monster there. Are you sure you don't need any help from a friendly star?" She called down to Naia, clearly enjoying the misfortune. Being sadistic was beneath her, but petty vengeance was not. At least not until she admitted Sol had been right.

The ghost nearby the dam, however, started bursting out in loud laughter. Wow. What a jerk. And people honestly thought she was the rude one when the planet had people like this? Sheesh.

Just after, Sol noticed a strange gravitational disturbance centered around her green orb. Not even a proper one, a strangely targeted one. Was this the little star's doing? The jellybeans around her slowly began to float upwards towards it and sped up until they collided. The green orb being ethereal, the beans passed right through, but doubled back until they began to form a small ball. She waved the orb back-and-forth, and the ball of jellybeans followed along like they were attached by a bungee cord.

Sol wasn't even angry. Actually, she chuckled at the sight of it. This entire planet was just silly, especially this place. That being said, the power of confectionary-attraction continued to grow and attract more and more beans. Holding them up wasn't a problem, but what was she suposed to do with a giant orb of jellybeans? One body can only eat so much.

• Love
Reactions: Roose Hurro
@Eruantien @Shinku⭐Kun @Kagayours

Luna half-shut her eyes in an unamused expression. "Seriously....?" There was a major lack of 'teleporty' magic in the group. You'd think Death themselves would have to have some way of getting to their harvests. Either way, she made a mental note to find some method of teleporting in the near future.

Just then, a large anomaly appeared in front of them, conveniently labeled. Yes! Luna absolutely loved this school sometimes. Before Key had even told her to, Luna had already begun to turn the raft and sped towards it, only to suddenly come to a full stop as the water nearby breached. "Grrrr...." Growling, Luna once again sped straight for it, but it was too late, the opening was gone. "Oh, come on!"

As Key pointed out the distant landmass, Luna sighed and adjusted course, at a much slower pace. Keeping up all this paddling was exhausting, mentally. Luna replied to Key's small talk with a lack of the enthusiasm she had before, "Can any of you even die? Killing Death sounds like a bit of an oxymoron to me. I can guarantee you that I can die though, so yes, I'm pretty darn stressed."

Meanwhile, in the distance, a small brown object began to approach....

"Can't ye row any faster? I hav'ta spend one more day on these godforsaken sewer-seas and ye'll be walkin' the plank!"

A plain young man in a tattered coat and pirate hat sat, arms crossed, in a rowboat speeding across the air 20 feet above the water. Likely the plank he was referring to was the entire boat. Opposite him floated a small UFO that appeared to be emitting light onto a similarly-aged young lady, whose elegant appearance directly opposed his. She looked especially out-of-place in the swampy atmosphere, and not the sort of person that was used to rowing boats.

"Then do it. At least I'll finally be rid of you." Miatalin glared at her 'kidnapper', as if she was trying to guilt him into taking a turn rowing. It failed.

"Aye, I'll consider it. Now row faste--" Kayden was cut off by a wheezing cough that lasted a few seconds. "Arr, of all the space rocks in the stars, why'd ye go pick this dump?"

"You asked me for the most secluded planet in the galaxy. Here we are. It's not my fault if you don't like it." Mia shrugged and smirked a bit, almost like a mischievous genie that'd got the best of her wisher.

"Bah!"

The next 5 minutes were passed in silence, Kayden leaning back in a relaxed position with Miatalin working hard to row the ship forward. The silence was finally broken as Kayden spotted something mysterious. Grabbing his spyglass from the various junk filling the bottom of the ship, he removed the gold cap, extended it and brought it to his right eye.

"Arrr.... Witches."

Luna's first reaction when she noticed a fast-approaching object was to bolt the other way, but a closer look brought her relief. It wasn't another monster. In fact, it looked to be a person! A guy.... in a flying rowboat. Well, she'd seen weirder before. Arguably.

"Hooooi!" Luna jumped and waved her arms, looking genuinely happy to see him. He was evidence this world might have intelligent life. "Sir, we could use some directio--" THWUMP! The stranger had instantly whipped out a strange looking gun and shot her with some strange, squishy, white object. Was that a marshmallow?

"Silence, witch! Ye'll not be cursin' me with yer sorcery t'day!" As he spoke, the weapon he'd fired appeared to fold in on itself and slowly adopt a new form: this time a pistol, with a stretched out rubber band already armed and ready.

Luna found herself wearing her unamused look for a second time in a very short period. Okay. She was used to dealing with people less intelligent than herself. She could handle this. "Fine, no curses. Could you just point us to the nearest town?"

Noticing a terrifyingly familiar UFO shape trying to peek over the edge of the boat, Luna froze, glaring at it. "The Empire...." she muttered, just loud enough for those on the boat to hear.

The strange pirate must've noticed her reaction, as he turned to see the UFO hovering just high enough to see out of the boat. "I ordered ye ta stay down, ye infernal frisbee!" He pushed her back down into the boat before returning his attention to the raft-goers.

"I ain't fool enough ta be sendin' four witches straight ta civilization. I tell ye what though: I be willin' ta make a deal. Ye warps me an' me ship somewhere nice with yer witchcraft, and I'll be pointin' ya to the freshest innocent hearts ye'll ever feast on, savvy?" Kayden finished his offer by firing the rubber band towards the raft itself.

@Luma (as Sol) and @Takashi (as Jormungand)

Although the portal was broken due to the beast's sudden appearance it was to late by this point and soon the portal flickered back into existence, trough without Naia's guidance its Mire end started to erratically jump around the place where it first appeared, sometimes even appearing over a kilometre away from where it was supposed to be.

A bit angry at the sudden interruption Naia simply opened a portal and sent the beast as far up as a the simple spell could, that is some 2400 meters above the school.

With that taken care Naia gave a quick glance at the flood of jelly beans. Since the portal was not to much of a priority at this time she simply attached a quick self-processing spell on it, which started to slowly re-stabilize it using ambient magic.

Then Naia formed four crystals on her hand and wasting no time lunched them in such a way that they formed an arc-like shape in the way of the jelly-bean flood while chanting: "Open the gates of magic. Unseal the power that dwells within. Let the power moved by knowledge flow out. That which lays in the fabric of this world. Answer the calls and bend to my reason and will. As it was spoken now it shall be. Take shape," this was the point at which Naia threw the crystals" that which bridges distance without limit. Under my rule and command it was done. Come forth and do as I said." After which a barrier made out of portals appeared in the way of the jelly bean flood, stopping it from advancing any further.

Then she turned her attention to answering the two, starting with Sol: "No I am perfectly capable of taking care of it as you have seen. I doubt it can survive a fall from over two kilometres of height."
Then she turned to the new arrival, Jormungand, and said: "I am not of this realm. As far I know that this realm has little to no mages outside of this Academy, Omnibus."

@Sail (as Nightshade)

Ignoring Nightshade and left in the dust by Neptune Ishika considered what to do when she remembered the matter of the jelly beans. She had little in the way of stopping it but if nothing else she could always summon a grenade or some other explosive and put a dent in the flood. But for now she put her brain into overdrive, trying to figure a solution for the problem at hand.

Then a flash of inspiration came to her and she quickly asked one of the Academy personnel: "Do you have a internal monitoring system of some kind? Cameras or magical sensor? Anything?"

The dorm group (A lot of people)

Aerly noticed the jelly bean flood and trough his powers could slow it down the Irenay doubted they could actually stop it. "Anyone here able to create high grade barriers," the Irenay asked as a rifle materialized on its hand. Wasting no time Aerly opened fire upon the bean flood, using explosive Arrow Enchantments, which made the bullets explode almost like grenades, to destroy large number of jelly beans with each shot and thus slowing the flood. But the fire rate was slow so the Irenay also started casting Magic Bullets which were empowered with as much explosive power Aerly darted to use in an enclosed space. This started to drain the ambient magic, albeit rather slowly as it didn't require that much magical power.

Water Monster

Although Naia's spell had certainly worked marvelously, perhaps she had not remembered the certain saying: "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

2400 meters in the sky above Omnibus Academy, a portal opened, and the strange Whaledebeast tumbled out. It flipped over and over as it fell, gaining speed at a ludicrous rate. The ground seemed to rush up to meet the Whaledebeast, just as quickly as it fell downwards.

... what was that, in the plaza below? Some specks? People? A gathering? The Whaledebeast couldn't understand a thing of what was going on. All it knew was that directly beneath it was the largest source of magical energy it had ever sensed. And it wouldn't go out without one last attempt to get a meal.
"No I am perfectly capable of taking care of it as you have seen. I doubt it can survive a fall from over two kilometres of height."
"I am not of this realm. As far I know that this realm has little to no mages outside of this Academy, Omnibus."

Naia, occupied casting various portal spells for a few short minutes and addressing her compatriots, had barely any time to react as the hulking body of the Whaledebeast crashed down upon her. It seemed that in her distracted efforts to fix each of the Academy's problems, a new one had sprung up; Naia had neglected to shift the monster's position laterally, and so simply "displaced" it only in height.

Had this impact brought about the demise of not only the Whaledebeast and Naia, but also those around it? The dust and debris swirled into a menacing whirlwind, making it impossible to see anything for a tense moment.

Sanicwt.gif

@gamer5
@Takashi
@Luma

@Luma (as Sol) @gamer5 (as Naia)

"You're not of this realm? What a let down, it seems Midgard's mages have become useless in my absense."
A large sea creature was thrown out of the portal and immediately teleported up, then sent hurtling down upon the one called Naia. Jormungand walked over, leaving a single copy of himself in his wake. This copy soon changed, changed into a large snake-like monster about 30 feet in length which followed Jormungand. An astral projection. The serpent and Jormungand circled around to the front of the creature, glaring at it with golden eyes. Jormungand pointed his hand directly in front of him, commanding the projection to strike. It did nothing more than open its maw and fly through the creature, narrowly missing Naia underneath. "An attack directly to one's soul... I wonder how that effects beings here."

Status
Not open for further replies.