Status
Not open for further replies.
The jelly bean flood remained a thing that was happening. It never stopped being a thing that was happening.

The gravity situation had caused many of the beans on the edge of the flood area to disperse further out than they otherwise would have, thus becoming more diluted in the air — and therefore presenting themselves as less of a "flood" and more of a small nuisance. But, because of this, it had appeared that the flood had "stopped" once the gravity returned to normal and the wandering beans fell to the floor. But, that only seemed to be the case from the perspective of those who had only ever encountered the flood at its edge. The beans continued to pour out from whatever epicenter they were all coming from. Closest to this point, the hallways were nearly packed solid with beans. And a bit further out than that, the beans once again took on the wave-like form that they held before, filling up more and more of the school…

Just as Oscar spoke, a low rumbling sound could be heard from further down the hallway. The flood had picked up full steam again, pouring out in many different directions — including one hallway where a small group of students had stopped to socialize…

@gamer5 @chaosheart13 @Rowdybull @AnimeLover_Princess @munchkinomatic

@Luma (as Sol)

As Sol spoke and undertook various actions Naia's expression turned from a neutral and uninterested one into one painted with anger. "What the hell are you doing? Resurrecting people? Deciding that Death's messengers are "soul thieves" and that dangerous creatures are automatically evil? Are you mad with power or something? Well I don't care for reasons, what you are doing is wrong and I am stopping you now, " Naia quickly fired a barrage of words of which the final ones were followed by her gathering magic.

This time there were no words. After all Naia no longer regarded Sol as someone worthy of the common courtesy of vocally invoking magic. So Naia run a macro and a moment later water appeared and trapped the four resurrected beings, followed by her facing Sol and uttering: "Now return those four back right now."

@Eruantien (as Neptune) & the rest of the group ( @Roose Hurro @Takashi @Sail @chaosheart13 )

Ishika said: "Well then." And proceeded to take Neptune into her hands, which despite their quite normal looks, had more then enough strength to carry Neptune. "Here we go. Hold tight," Ishika said and then begun running towards the administration area, wasting no time at all.

Reactions: Luma
@Luma @Shinku⭐Kun @Kagayours

Withdrawing the same item from his cloaks as the one he had previously used upon Azrael, Key nearly flew towards the closest of the approaching colossi. The weapon, for so it was, struck against the rock and moss of the monster's body, making a horrible screeching sound as it tore through solid stone.

The monster looked down, shrieking loudly, its thick arm making a move to reach for Key. He was too swift for it to grab him, and jumped back off the monster's body, landing on a mangrove below. Key gathered himself and launched off again, aiming for the monster's neck, where there was less of a stony covering. His attack hit, digging deep into whatever sort of muscles or sinews there were beneath the shadows of the mound's enormous head. Still, it would take more than these small strikes to have a great effect on the colossi, and now the other two nearby were coming to the aid of the monster that Key was attacking. With their slow swings and lumbering movements, they didn't pose much of a threat if one could dodge quickly enough; but one hit from their vast bodies and any one of the humanoid squadron could fall.

Key grit his teeth and ran down his mound's back, leaving a long, deep stroke along what looked to be the mound's spine. It let out a roar and groped along its body, trying to locate Key and smash him to bits. If Key had any time to think, he would have noticed that the demon Kaessya was not on the ball. The other mounds were now scarily close to this one, and such a cluster would be difficult to deal with. Then, there was also the fact that a number of other mounds were steadily growing nearer to Luna and her raft. Things looked grim.

Reactions: Stray Shinku
It took some time, but Neptune and Ishika finished their business at the administration center. It was hard enough to convince the receptionist that yes, there really were dead bodies in the library; and yes, there really was need for authoritative interference on the first day of class. "Speaking of," Neptune said to Ishika as they exited the place, "I'm going to actually investigate the classes available. I came here to learn, and none of that has happened at all, yet."

Neptune cast a glance downward at her filthy clothing and grimaced. "I really ought to go wash up, though, first. Thanks for taking care of me, Ishi, so I'll see you around." With a wave and a half-hearted smile, Neptune made her way to the closest building marked on her IDD as containing showers. She summoned via teleportation a change of clothes from her room, and then spent time cleaning herself of the day's troubles in the gym's showering area. A little later, all freshened up and wearing the school's uniform this time, Neptune padded out the front door to go find something to eat. She was promptly swept up in the nonsensical flood of jellybeans once again, spilling out of a nearby dormitory. So that's what the rumbling noise was in the showers, Neptune thought with a groan, helplessly mowing down other students as the wave swept across the plaza. I thought that was just my stomach.

Wait a minute... that's my dormitory! Neptune spun around, somehow, and caught on to a lamppost as she passed by. She spun herself up the post and leapt onto a nearby rooftop; it seemed all of her hunting practice hadn't entirely gone to waste. Neptune leapt across the walkway below directly toward the dorms, somersaulting in midair and crashing through a dormitory window. She rolled up into a fighting stance, and was promptly knocked off her feet once again by a surge of beans. Panicking now, she tried to turn and see what she was approaching, and it didn't look good.

"Get out of the way!" Neptune screamed toward a particular group of gathered beings, seemingly frozen in the hallway ahead.

[Neptune has joined the party.]
@gamer5 @chaosheart13 @Rowdybull @AnimeLover_Princess @munchkinomatic take it away boiz

@gamer5 (Naia)

Sol glared at the short humanoid in front of her with some mild irritation as Naia summoned an impressively intricate water trap. They struggled, but were no match for the strength of the magic trap. This little one may have had some firsthand experience with planetary life, but she'd been watching it a whole lot longer. Those races were just harmful and, as far as she was concerned, did no good at all. This really wasn't the time for explanations, but she'd take a moment anyway.

"Those things you call "Death's Messangers" take lives against their will and hoard them in their own distant realm on the edge of the universe. The word for a being that takes something that isn't their's is 'thief'. A demon is a creature that lives by consuming other lives; it's how they can continue to exist. I consider that 'evil'. Stars like myself tend to keep to themselves and now I understand why." Sol began to walk away towards the source of the jellybeans, ignoring Naia's demands. On the bright side, she was finally starting to get the hang of this 'walking' thing.

"Most of my kind would simply watch and do nothing, but I went out of my way to help and you're acting like I'm a villain?" Sol was clearly annoyed, but to the more observant, she might've appeared a little hurt as well. Perhaps even lonely. Most stars failed to share her fascination with humanoids. A part of her had hoped that, just maybe, as a human, she might make a friend who actually understood. Clearly that wasn't working out so well yet. "You planetaries are so impatient, you won't hold them there for even a month. Just know that while you hold them there, more of your kind could be dying because of you."

Pausing for a moment, Sol seemed to make up her mind as she turned back to the five behind her. "Actually: you four, do whatever the short one says," she commanded, pointing to Naia. "Maybe I should stop trying to fix your problems and see how you handle them yourselves." As the jellybeans began to flood into the area, Sol flew up to sit a rooftop and watch from above. She casually fingered a jellybean on the ground beside her and placed it in her mouth, awkwardly chewing it down. Wow that tasted good....even if eating things felt so strange.

@Eruantien @Shinku⭐Kun @Kagayours

Luna hovered the wood in a nice, neat pile as she assembled them with her magic. To her, as well as anyone with similar magic sight, it looked as though several purple tendrils were attached to her torso, flicking about like limbs. Usually, she imagined this telekinesis like having a giant bunch of sand as a limb. It wasn't exactly correct, but it was pretty close. To anyone without that magic sight though, the raft would appear to be falling into place on it's own, as Luna stared at it in concentration. Almost like she was staring it down, daring it to come alive and bend to her will.

Just as she began to sever smaller twigs to bind the raft together, Azrael and Kaessya had their little tussle. "Azrael, she's just a child," Luna reminded her, knowing full well that, while none of the present 4 even looked adult, they could all be older than the average human lifespan. She certainly was. From what Luna had read of Harbingers though, chances were that they beat Kae and herself by eons. A monsterous shadow began to fall over the raft as Luna finished tying it together. "Nevermind it anyway, we seem to be out of time."

Luna's magic gave the raft a quick toss into the water and, as hoped, it floated quite well. It was fairly large and sturdy; easily enough room to fit a dozen people. Unlike most rafts, this one lacked a sail and oars. Nope, this one would be fully Luna-powered. If she was really trying, that could easily exceed a speedboat's motor. The problem was being cornered like this. Hopping onto the raft, Luna prepared to go full-speed as she motioned for Kae to hop on. "I still need an opening!" She shouted out to the two Harbingers, jetting the raft to the center of the approaching circle of beasts. The sides of the raft kicked up muddy water as if there were high-powered motors there.

Eyes Wide Open...

@Eruantien , @Luma ...

Yes, Neptune peered behind her with eyes wide open. Perhaps she saw others... perhaps even Deen and his pondering expression, which had become quite fixed to his furry, muzzled face. With some tweaks here, twists there, depending on his thoughts and mental conclusions. Perhaps she even saw a few "Tinkerbell" flashes, made by errant Omni Bits as they gained some direction from their master's thoughts and conclusions. His decisions.

Three flew to where his toolbox had been dropped, picked it up... "flash"... a small wave of energy, a twist, and the toolbox disappeared. Found itself back across Threshold, stored safely in Deen's private hammerspace pocket.

The rest...?

Given one of his conclusions had been Neptune's need for a bodyguard, Deen decided it was best to, well, "fade out" of noticeability. Those around him, if they were to look... look away... then look back, they would see no one where Deen had just been. Even those with magic senses might just find themselves feeling like they were being watched, without any idea where the sensation came from. He'd also concluded he needed to finish the Harbinger's work, to dig up just who or what had killed... and was, perhaps, still killing... students. Third conclusion?

Jellybeans. Yes, jellybeans.......

So, the rest of Deen's Omni Bits split up, some looking for signs of the murderer. Others, looking for the source of the jellybean flood. All, reporting back to their master, of course!

Who had no trouble following Ishika at a run. No trouble watching and listening to her and Neptune and receptionist and... well, serving now as an Unnoticeable bodyguard to Neptune, and yes, curious about his own classes, he simply followed her into the nearest building with showers...

Decided a shower sounded like a very good idea...

Leapt across Threshhold for his special shampoo (needed to tone down his musk)...

Lathered, rinsed and repeated as quickly yet as thoroughly as he could, while twelve Omni Bits made sure Neptune remained safe...

... and then followed her as she headed out, pleased by how nicely circumstances lead straight to the jellybean issue. Though, to be honest, having a killer about was far more important an issue to deal with. But... it would apparently have to wait.

He had to admit to himself... this Omnibus Academy experience, not what he'd expected. He didn't like Death.......

Still quite Unnoticed by anyone, Deen followed Neptune as she spun around, caught the lamppost, spun up the lamppost, leapt onto the nearby rooftop, leapt across the walkway... this was quite Impressive! (for a humanoid)... but then, she apparently got quite carried away, and threw herself through a dormitory window.......

....... right into a "situation".

Deen sighed. And with that sigh, became noticeable, again. All in that moment, a dozen Omni Bits zipped through the broken widow, fweeped at each other...

... and wove a tensor-field barrier that stopped the advancing flood, as if frozen in time. Though every single jellybean was actually frozen in space. In a space that refused to let them pass. Except for the clump that held Neptune. Who would most likely find herself looking at a young male Nism's offered hand, claws, scales, fur, feathers and all attached to the offer. Because he was determined to keep her alive.

... "Fantastic show of daring do..." Grin and fluff, shroudruff feathers unfurled, his eyes on hers... "Remember me?" Yes, even serious as the situation was, Deen couldn't help his Free Spirit.

....... Meanwhile.......

One stray Omni Bit noticed Sol up on the rooftop, eating a jellybean. Being a helpful little Bit (the most "Tinkerbell" of the lot), it picked up a bean, flew up to Sol's perch, and offered it to her.

Last edited:
@Takashi

Sail stuck back with Nightshade and Kaine, a bit fearful the murder would head after the one that discovered the dead students. It seemed to her that Nightshade was not going to answer Kaine's question. "Kaine, I believe your name is. My name is Sail Salizen. There seems to have been a few students murdered, but I know not where at. But, the others did seem to have told the administration."

@Kagayours (as administration) @Takashi
"Thank you, Sail, for answering the question....it helps me quite a lot." Nightshade thought to himself.

"I must take my leave. I need to go clean some things up, take care of a few problems." Nightshade said, as he walked off, laughing softly to himself.

He needed to head to the administration office, and utilize the PA system to spread a very important message, to make his thoughts known. He floated through the halls, scythe still in hand, until he arrived at the office.

Crash

Nightshade rammed the back end of his scythe through the window in the door, then floated his doll through.

"Every one of you, face the ground, hands on your head, or I will kill you. I need access to your PA system, now!" Nightshade shouted, moving his scythe in an arc.

Tl;dr: Nightshade busts a window in and attempts to force the administration to hand over the PA system usage.

With the monsters still looming as large and nightmarish as ever, the only thing that distracted Kaessya from her fear of such a threat was the Harbinger wrath that she’d apparently just evoked. Before she could react, Azrael had grabbed her by the shirt collar, shaking her violently and screaming at her, threatening to send her back to Hell. Just as before, Kaessya’s human-like form deteriorated as more beast-like traits emerged. Even the shirt collar that Azrael had grabbed hold of transformed in her very grasp, changing into a scruff of loose skin around Kaessya’s neck. Now terrified just as much — if not more — by Azrael than by the larger "demons", Kaessya’s only response was to struggle in Azrael’s grasp, clawing and prying Azrael’s arms off of her as she used her hind legs to pull herself back.

When she finally wriggled herself free, she bolted — running full-speed-ahead on all-fours, into the murky water. There was no time to think logically; this was pure fight-or-flight. Half-swimming, half-wading, and half-tumbling-over-mangrove-roots, Kaessya moved as fast as she could away from Azrael — but unfortunately, there was nowhere for her to run without also heading straight into the paths of the colossi.

At the sound of Luna’s voice, Kaessya felt like she was being pulled back to reality, her brain catching up with her body as she returned to her senses, taking a moment to reassess her situation. She had returned fully on her true form, perched on a clump of mangrove roots about halfway between Luna’s raft and the monsters in front of them. Key wasn’t strong enough to take them down on his own, and the monsters were crowding around him by this point. Luna still needed an opening to get through. She knew there was nothing that any of them would be able to do if she didn’t help them take the monsters down, but, she stood by her earlier statement: it was a suicide mission. A demon as small as herself against hordes that were as big as that-

But then, Kaessya remembered: those weren’t demons. The fear of being eaten by a grotesque being of massive size was so well-ingrained in her that she didn’t even consider the possibility that these creatures were any different. If they weren’t demons, did that mean they weren’t as dangerous? Kaessya wasn’t sure. All she knew was that the odds of meeting her demise by running at these things were suddenly not 100%. And that left her with only one obvious course of action:

Bolting from the mangrove roots, Kaessya ran through the muddy water and leapt onto the leg (or, the closest equivalent to a leg) of the same monster that Key attacked. Nimbly climbing further up the creature’s body, she then looked up at the two other monsters that were towering over her — and she sprung off the first monster’s body and onto the arm of the second. She climbed onto the creature’s shoulder and then ran for the back of its neck. Doing the best she could think to do, she sank her teeth and claws into the back of its neck, digging as deep into its mossy flesh as she could. She didn’t know if that would be enough to kill it. She didn’t know if she was even harming the creature to any meaningful degree. But, she at least hoped it would be enough of a distraction, so that the moss giants wouldn’t all be able to pile onto one target at once. And, she hoped these things moved slowly enough that she’d have time to react if a huge, mossy hand reached out to grab her. Demons or not, she preferred to avoid getting eaten if she could help it.

@Sail

Kaine turned to the one who called herself Sail. "And how exactly do you know my name?" Kaine frowned a little at that unsettling fact. He didn't think he had told her his name... had he? He had a sudden urge to kill her and run just to be safe, but something told him that wasn't a good idea. "So someone is now taking away my foo- err, new schoolmates away?" Yeah, that's it. That was close though, Kaine thought to himself. And Nightshade left, ok then. Kaine really didn't know how the hell he actually missed the fact that Nightshade was carrying a scythe. Definitely suspicious though... Something else was off about the guy, though he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((for the record, I'm referring to the fact that Kaine doesn't realize it's a doll))

As Azrael
It only took Kaessya like a minute or so to realize that Azrael was grabbing her by the collar of her shirt, shouting at her ruthlessly while shaking her with no care at all. Azrael's wrath began to settle as she felt that Kaessya's shirt was shifting into some kind of loose skin, realizing that she scared the demon so hard that she was forced to turn into her beast form. As she blinked for a second, Kaessya managed to free herself from Azrael's grasp and run away from her like a prey miraculously escaping from its predator.

Taking into account that she acted really hostile toward the poor Kaessya, Azrael sighed and looked away with a little remorse, rubbing the back of her head with her right hand. She wasn't like that to no one but to demons after knowing how awful they were. Greedy and heartless beings that enjoy causing so much pain and chaos wherever they go, eating or stealing the souls of innocent people. For Azrael, demons were her biggest nemesis and she swore that she will eliminate every single of them, no matter if that will take her years. In her mind, all demons were evil. Period. But seeing that Kaessya was totally different from that "image" she has of demons, she was confused, rejecting the idea that they are "good" demons out there.

"I... I guess I just need to give her a chance to prove me wrong," Azrael thought after she finished meditating about her attitude toward Kaessya. It was probably too late, though, and the demon must be totally afraid of her, but Azrael decided to still try and apologize to her if there was a chance.

"I still need an opening!"

Snapping out of her thoughts, Azrael turned around and looked over at Luna, which already constructed a raft and was floating on top of it, trying to make her way through the colossi. Sadly, the space between them wasn't big enough for her to sail through, so Key and Kaessya, which were fighting the monsters, needed to somehow push them out of the way, but they were struggling as the monsters turned out to be pretty resistance to their attacks.

No losing more time, Azrael bolted toward a fallen tree and pulled out some thin yet strong branches. Turning Hades into a big knife, she quickly sharpened the tip of the branches and when they looked like arrows, she turned Hades into a beautiful black and red bow. "I'm going to assist you from the air!" she shouted Key and Kaessya and slipped the "arrows" into a thigh band on her right leg. Then, she released her blackish wings from under her cloak and jumped, flapped once and took flight.

Encountering the first colossi in her path, Azrael took an arrow and raised her bow, inserting the flying object and pointing toward the right eye of the monster. Holding her breath to steady her aim and gently flapping her wings to keep her at the correct altitude, Azrael released the arrow, which launched straight at its eye, hitting it deep enough to make the thing roar in pain.

Smirking victoriously, she took another arrow and kept shooting at the colossi in its eyes, hoping that it will make it fall or at least get out of the way so Luma could pass through on the raft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kagayours
@Luma @Kagayours @Shinku⭐Kun

By some twist of fortune, Kaessya's vicious bites and Azrael's piercing mangrove-shot worked wonders against the colossi; in a few seconds, the monster Kaessya was tearing at reached its long arms up to its face and began to paw at its eyes, shrieking awfully as it did so. Its head fell to one side, its neck having been torn open and a foul green ooze leaking out. The monster shuddered and collapsed slowly back into the swamp waters, leaving an opening for Kaessya to jump off to another of the two nearby creatures, one on either side.

Elated, Key was able to turn his full attention to the remaining colossus. If this one fell, there would be enough of a gap nearby to make way for Luna's raft, which was rapidly speeding towards the outlet underneath the colossi's monstrous bodies. Worryingly, some of the mounds had begun to approach quicker; they needed to leave, now. They couldn't leave anybody behind, of course, and they needed that raft to have any semblance at safety upon these strange swamps.

With the middle mound downed, Key struck at the legs of the creature he was attacking. His weapon cut deep, but not enough, and the creature limped forward still, lessening the distance between Luna's raft and itself at a scary pace. Key clenched his weapon in his hands, and swung again. Another hit, but was it any good?

Muttering under his breath, Key ran vertically up the backside of this creature and leapt to its head. They were out of time and out of options, and so it was time to use a bit of pixie dust. He amplified his voice, and it rang out over the area: "Az, Luna, Kae, brace yourselves...!"

The creature beneath Key's feet looked up, and it and all its allies paused, focused on Key's figure. In this atmosphere, dressed in billowing capes, with glowing cerulean eyes and flickering tracings upon his person, Key appeared as the epitome of ruin brought to life. Clouds began to swirl above him, and as his eyes flashed between sky and sea, Key raised his hand, clenching it into a fist.

"With justice I smite thee.
Return to the bogs from whence you arose.
Never trouble us again.
Your existence is finished.
Your death is now."

The giant keyblade hung on his back as he brought his fist down in a mighty blow. To those present, they could see not only a fist, but the image of a giant gilded hammer as Key's fist connected to the colossus below. The blow connected, and from above in the menacing clouds a bolt of lightning struck the colossus at this point, sending shivering sparks all throughout its body. Key's capes whipped in the wind as the colossus imploded beneath him, tumbling away into rocks and boulders of all sizes. Riding the monstrous head down as it fell, Key's electrically-charged hair seemed terribly vibrant, and an aura of strange power radiated from his position.

With a great splash, the head landed in the swamp, causing a surge of water toward Luna's raft and hiding Key from sight momentarily. The water settled just as quickly, as the clouds above returned to their normal gloomy state and Key leaped from his boulder's perch onto the raft.

"Sorry for the delay," he panted slightly, lying with his back on the raft. "Call the others and congratulate them; we've a way through this for now. Full steam ahead; careful of the mess..."

@Luma (as Sol)

Naia was getting more annoyed by this creature's rampant self-justification and was considering to throw away reasonable discussion for good.

But still she decided to give one last chance to diplomacy:
"While I have no knowledge of reliable evidence that Death's messengers are simply doing what is supposed to be done, I do not have any proof whatsoever, not even hard-fetched one, for your claim. But I will not press that discussion.

As for the meter of Souleaters, or how you call them, Demons, they are simply doing what they have to survive. As does anything living in the domain of the laws of magic and science. How many creatures would need to be killed if one believed that the act of killing for food or while avoiding to become food was wrong?
Lastly and finally you involved at least one innocent person in your wanton display of your own beliefs about those three. I have nothing against having beliefs, but I do about trying to enforce them on others."

Naia took a moment to catch her breath before ending her response: "Now return those four from wherever you sent them and take your things back from the four students that you resurrected. Otherwise I shall do so instead."

Naia was serious during the whole thing, her voice by now a cold and stern expression of rationality. For her messing with someone's free will and pushing one's beliefs on others was something hard to stomach, largely due to her own experiences...

@gamer5 (Naia)
@Roose Hurro (Omni-bit)

The four newly-resurrected students stood there, awkwardly divided between their alleged "goddess of reincarnation" and the small magician they had been told to follow. Clearly, the two did not agree. When faced with this decision, they simply stood there waiting for it to resolve.

Sol, on the other hand, was only half-listening to Naia as she enjoyed this brand new experience of 'taste'. It was amazing. Why weren't more people eating these things if they were everywhere?

Sol finally spoke back down from the roof. From the distance it was hard, but not impossible, to hear her, "Sol did not kill them. Sol--" she cut off, remembering pronouns again. "I merely sent them somewhere else."

With another "light printing", Sol's red orb summoned another massive metal wall to keep this part of the courtyard from flooding. A low, rumbling sound of metal bending under the strain of a mass of jellybeans began to fill the area.

Crossing her arms, Sol continued, showing a great deal of disappointment, "If you don't want my gifts, then just get rid of them." Ungrateful kids. "Sol no longer cares about what happens to you." She clearly had no intention of returning the creatures though.

Despite what she'd said, no one really wanted remove Sol's equipment. After all, they'd been killed before, and now offered defenses, so they weren't keen on removing them. There was still a murderer loose. Probably.

"Please don't abandon us, miss! We'll pound this half-pint demon worshipper for you!" The nearest Solar Student tried to aim his lightning gun and fired it at Naia. He was clearly the most fearful of the 4, but the weapon was totally unfamiliar to him and the water trap significantly limited his movement, so the bolt missed and sparked off of a nearby wall. Additionally, the electrical weapon's current arced through the water, shocking him and causing him to drop it towards Naia's feet.

One of the girls also tried to reach for her weapon, but it was out of reach. The other two instead waited and considered the argument. Naia didn't really seem like a bad person, and Sol had told them to follow her orders, so....now what? Was Sol really just a tyrannical dictator? Banishing demons didn't really sound like a bad thing to the average student.

The sound of metal about to buckle filled the courtyard, warning that staying on low ground any longer was extremely dangerous.

Meanwhile, a mysterious little marble floated it's way up to Sol with a jellybean in tow. That was....So. Darn. Cute. It was like a mini little star. She smiled at the star, grabbing the sugary confection and placing it in her mouth. Hovering her green orb over to it, she orbited the little star playfully.

The Newly Hatched Recycler

The newly hatched Recycler crawled out of its egg shell, wiping the amniotic fluid from its face. On the floor lay its Progenitor, curled up into fetal position and peaceful in death.

The newborn Recycler’s abdomen contracted, its stomach growling. It knew what it had to do. Gently, it pushed the Progenitor’s lank hair out of its face. The other Recycler’s blank eyes stared sightlessly at the ceiling as its offspring tugged off the clothing that the Progenitor had died in: a pair of stained sweatpants and a dirty wool jacket.

Then, the child bent its head, and began to eat. The Progenitor’s corpse tasted repulsive: warm and acidic, the taste soured by years of processing sewage and toxic waste. And yet the child could not stop itself – its stomach screamed at it to eateateatEATeat. A tiny part of the child’s newly formed mind found something about this moment profoundly sad, but the vast majority of its brain was focused on consumption.

Soon, there was nothing left, and the Recycler turned its attention to the Progenitor’s clothing. It pulled on the sweatpants, pausing for a moment to read the small tag on the dirty jacket.

MAGGOT, said the stitches, in tiny blocky print. An English word for a type of decomposer insect, supplied the Recycler’s brain. Surely this had been the Progenitor’s name. Who had given this to the Progenitor? Or perhaps the Progenitor had pulled this jacket off of its own Progenitor, long ago when it had hatched out of its own egg to find its parent dead on the floor and awaiting consumption.

It didn’t matter. The former Maggot was dead and gone now, and so this name would belong to the Recycler who had just hatched. The newly named Maggot nodded in satisfaction – this made plenty of sense to its birth-addled brain.

For the first time, Maggot noticed its surroundings. Its mouth immediately began to water. There was garbage everywhere, towering piles of old batteries and broken toys. And…

There was also a door.

For a moment, Maggot envisioned a life in this room. It would feed to its heart’s content and eventually it would die, leaving its child to the same fate. It was not a bad life for a Recycler at all. So what, then, made Maggot get to its feet? What was it that drove the Recycler to take the seven steps it took to reach the door and twist the knob?

Well… it was the scent of sugar in the air.

"Sugar," breathed the small creature. So toxic, so dangerous, but not like other garbage – sugar was sweet, and Maggot could not resist. It flung open the door and was greeted with a multicolored wasteland: tiny pellets of sugar creations so closely packed that they were nearly unpassable.

And thus Maggot began to do what Recyclers have always done best… it began to eat and eat and eat, so quickly that the hallway was cleared in minutes. It wandered and it ate, clearing out classrooms and hallways in a sugar-fueled haze until it had wandered far, far away from the garbage disposal room that it had been born in.

And then suddenly… it came to a dead end. A room? And one with sentient beings in it, too. Two creatures standing around and conversing. In the distance, it could hear someone shouting. All of them were standing in an ocean of jellybeans, deep enough that it reached midway up Maggot’s calf. It didn’t matter. Maggot wanted more.

"Sugar..." it mumbled, its eyes wild with gluttony.

Dropping to its hands and knees, Maggot ate and ate and ate.

@Takashi @Sail

Last edited by a moderator:
A faint blue glow was cast upon the surface of the water, just away from the docks at Omnibus. Several glowing images, resembling chains, shot down from the sky. They all landed at one seemingly central point and a small glowing blue orb tore itself into existence with those "chains" now attached to it. The orb slowly expanded to around seven feet in diameter. It was then that the orb imploded, collapsing on its own mass. All that remained was Jormungand, standing on top of the water with the chains still attached to him. His image flickered and the chains faded away, almost as if they had turned to mist. Something that sounded almost like a data log played in his head:

"Point of ejection: Unknown, Astral Plane
Point of injection: Omnibus Academy, Earth
Astral ties: Stable
Nonphysical Vitals: Stable
Imminent Danger: None
Energy Sources: Abundant
Injection: Success"

Jormungand chuckled a little to himself, slightly amused at this odd occurrence. Then again, he certainly wasn't still a physical being, that much he just knew. He stepped up onto the dock, though if one was to pay attention, they could clearly see that he hadn't actually touched the ground at all but was floating just above it. "Well then Midgard, miss me? Or Earth, whichever.", he said quietly, thinking of how exactly he was to just start living in this strange place... until he noticed something shiny. He immediately directed his gaze at some sort of water trap holding four teenagers dressed in shiny golden armor with some odd-looking weapons. He walked, or floated rather, to the trap and reached his hand through to touch the armor. It was way to shiny for him not to try. When his hand went directly through them, he remembered that he couldn't effect them in any way in his astral form. "Oh, right." He pulled his hand back, still entranced by the golden gleam. He looked around and saw two people that he apparently hadn't seen because of his attention being on the shiny objects. Seriously, what was so nice about shiny things?? He had no idea. "Right, who are you two and why the hell do I suddenly love shiny things?"

Last edited by a moderator:
@gamer5 @chaosheart13 @Rowdybull @AnimeLover_Princess @munchkinomatic @Roose Hurro

Neptune didn't take Deen's proffered palm because she was too busy catching herself from falling onto the carpeted flooring. She looked up and pushed the hair out of her eyes, looking rather surprised. "Um, thanks? And yes, I've seen you before..."

Her mind worked quickly as she stood up and brushed herself off. Neptune glanced back at the burgeoning wall of jellybeans behind her, held in place by those shiny little bits, all fweeping in a curiously familiar fashion. "Thanks for stopping that, it would have been dreadful," Neptune finally replied, addressing the Nism directly. "How did you know where to find me so quickly?"

The cluster of beings further down the hall from this strange duo of humanoid and quadruped must still have been in a state of shock; Neptune couldn't hear anything from them, but her attention was focused on Deen at the moment, anyway.

Seiko was starting to feel a little uncomfortable as the hall seemed to fill even more. she almost missed what Avarice said "oh yes, the elevator would be faster but I have no problem with taking the stairs" she looked towards the newcomers and opened her mouth to talk when there was a great rumbling and from down the hall a rush of beans came and she was shocked for a second into silence as she saw someone tumbling along with the beans. "Oh my..."

when the person crashed to the floor and another person appeared to offer the person a hand back to their feet, Seiko felt a pressure rise in her chest and her only real thought was that she didn't like this and that she wanted to leave, there were too many people in too small of an area for her comfort. "I... uh... 私は不快です." (I am uncomfortable.)

she leaned down and scooped up her wolf, which struggled for a second but seem to sense her anxiety and stilled "Well, I believe that rather impressive flood is a reasonable reason to not be here, so if you will all pardon me, I am leaving now" and with that she turned and made haste towards the end of the hall opposite the flood of jelly beans and looked for a way down to the ground floor.
if anyone were to follow she would not stop them, but she wouldn't exactly wait for them either.

as she got to the first floor she recalled there being some sort of cafe on the grounds and oriented herself towards it, slowing as she left the crowd behind.

@chaosheart13 @Roose Hurro @gamer5 @Rowdybull @munchkinomatic @Eruantien

"Thank." The armored form said, inclining his head in a polite gesture of appreciation toward the mass of tentacles that had answered its question. "I am rather disorientated right now from my trip, need to get my bearing sorted out."

Before the Nevermade could properly introduce itself, it felt a land on its pauldron. Its head turned toward the source of the question, and it spotted a red-haired human-like being recoiling from it while rubbing their eyes.

"Indeed, I am new here." He answered. "My name is Dove, a Nevermade. Are you ok?"

Once again, before an answer was given, this world decided to throw and extra-curvy curve ball at the poor Nevermade. First, there was a low, rumbling sound that almost shook the entire building as a flood of gelatinous sugary treats burst out of nowhere. Before he would put his great bulk and strength to use, a green haired girl broke in through an innocent window, yelled at them, and promptly got caught under the flood.

Before he could process anything, shiny metal bits came in and erected a forcefield, holding back the candy tide. Then a dragon-looking being appeared started saying something, but this was getting a little too overwhelming even for the being born of pure chaos.

"Excuse me, what just happened?" Dove asked, a slight tilt of the head was his only movement.

@gamer5 @chaosheart13 @Rowdybull @AnimeLover_Princess @Eruantien @Roose Hurro

@Eruantien @Kagayours @Shinku⭐Kun

Luna squinted at the gigantic flash of magic as it obliterated the creature underneath. Internally, she had a huge 'squee' moment of excitement, while a huge grin spread on her face and her eyes widened. That was so darn cool! The giant wave approaching brought her back to reality and she sped straight for it, riding up the wave in a physically impossible manner by holding the raft, and herself, up with her magic.

As Key landed beside her, Luna noticed the new opening available. That was checkmate, ya giant beasties. And now for a bit of fun:

Luna stood tall at the front of the raft in the most heroic pose she could muster and called out to no one in particular. "With the defeat of the great beast, the goddess of the moon regains her true power! Transformation complete! Activating hypersonic engines!" With this, her magic began to downright attack the water, furiously pounding it backwards as the raft shot forward like a jet.

Luna continued to stand dramatically, despite the bumpy speed implying it to be impossible. Truthfully, she was holding herself there with magic, it was taking the form of a brace for the back of her body. It was kinda comfy. As the raft shot free of the swamp beasts, Luna looked back at Key and swallowed from a watery mouth. Cannibalism is bad, cannibalism is bad....but DARN I want his magic.... NO, gosh; I'm not eating him. Blech. He doesn't even look tasty.

Clearly Luna was much more relaxed now that they were out of immediate danger, and had thus returned to her dorky, nonsensical persona. "Do any of you have a method of para-dimensional travel? I must get back to the great sanctuary to protect my subjects from the prismatic floods." The question appeared serious, but more in the way a kid would take their imaginary friend seriously. The raft turned to avoid another mangrove. Luna didn't really have anywhere she was going in mind, she just loved the wind bashing her face at this speed and had gotten all excited from Key's show of magical energy.

"I...I'm sorry to say that I don't know how or why...." Sail paused, startled by the strange being eating, mumbling the words "Sugar...sugar..."

"Wha...what's that thing! Kaine, look!" Sail frantically pointed at Maggot.

Her curiosity filled her. She knew she could kill it, she nearly had the strength of a god with her arcane suit of armor, but she wanted to know, to understand what the being was.

Status
Not open for further replies.