Status
Not open for further replies.
@Luma (as Sol)

Naia was not slow to react to what Sol just did, she just needed time to fix it. Naia knew little about what reason Sol could have to transport the four somewhere else, but Naia knew that at least two of those four were simply doing their "job." So she decided to meddle with Sol's plan's.

After a quick analysis of the magical data of Sol's transfer, partially done with a quick adjustment to her scanning magic, Naia knew how to proceed, but it would be not be the simplest thing to pull off and would be a waste of time if the one who did it could return them back.

So she decided to speak to Sol first: "Look you should probably return them and apologize. I don't know if you have anything against those four personally, but I am almost sure that you have meet them for the first time. Furthermore one of them is my acquittance and I am pretty sure that she is a good person although a bit weird one."

@AnimeLover_Princess (as Seiko) @chaosheart13 (as Avarice) @Katharina (as Levi) and @Rowdybull (as Oscar)

Before any reply could come the gravity had returned and Aerly landed down on the floor. "Well I guess that takes care of that problem," Aerly said and then turned his attention to the newcomer, a male, what appeared to be quite rare in this school. Interested in the newcomer Aerly took a glance at his scanners and glanced at Avarice, then returned its eyes on the new person ans spoke: "Hello there. You said 513? Ain't that Miss Seiko's room?"

@Eruantien (as Neptune) & the rest of the group ( @Roose Hurro @Takashi @Sail @chaosheart )

The gravity returned to normal around the same time when the girl woke up once again and after requesting help with reaching someone of the school staff started to walk off. Ishika sighted, got next to Neptune and asked: "Need a hand there? Wouldn't want you collapsing once again."

Last edited:
@gamer5 (Aerly) @AnimeLover_Princess (Seiko) @chaosheart13 (Averice) @Katharina (Levi)

Gravity had returned to its rightful equilibrium, resulting in Oscar tumbling to the ground with an unsatisfying thud. Hastily he stood up and looked about the hall, seeing that someones attention had been brought upon him.
Just do not mess up your first interaction with a student, remain calm and professional. He had ordered to himself internally. He approached the student that had started the conversation, standing a foot away from them before looking uncomfortably into his eyes and speaking in a shaking and quiet voice.
"Aahm.. y-yes I search for the room five one three. The purple jellybeans are grape, I ate one upon arriving here." His body had a visible recoil when he finished speaking. Creator bless me what had just come from my mouth..
Oscar had the visual appearance of human internal turmoil plastered onto his face.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kagayours @Shinku⭐Kun @Eruantien

Luna glanced at Kaessya in disbelief. Of all the lies, that one was awfully half-baked; especially claiming her body was made of shadow magic right after Luna had told them her eyes could see magic. She couldn't help but be reminded of her first guess. Yep, demon made perfect sense, but then you never could tell in a place like Omnibus. Luna threw Kaessya a look of sarcastic disappointment. Everyone had their secrets and the shape-shifting seemed accurate enough; she wouldn't pry any further.

"Collecting souls, hm?" Luna commented in response to the introductions of the two harbingers, addressing Azrael's first. "That sounds like a very thankless occupation," she paused for a few moments before continuing, "If we get back to Earth I may have a small favor to ask of you later....but more importantly...." Luna turned to face Key, her tone more grim as she hoisted herself up onto a root beside him. "Was that 'deaths at the academy' bit a harbinger joke, or have people actually been dying?"

Luna almost reflexively pivoted to stare at Kaessya. Her information on demons was lacking a bit, but she had an idea of the basics: soul-sucking evil incarnate. In fact, the term 'demon' was almost synonymous with evil, death, murder, lies and all sorts of general problems. Then, suddenly, something in her mind clicked, "So that's why we're here then? We're the destructive races, cast out of the school with that protection spell?" Luna's voice lacked any hostility, but she sounded a little bit hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stray Shinku
There was nothing to herald Dove's arrival.

Like all Nevermade, Dove was an unaccounted entity. He was neither here nor there nor anywhere. Thus, in similar manner to how Schrodinger's cat was simultaneously alive and dead until observed, or perhaps closer to the wave function of a system, Dove existed in probabilities. Being an unaccounted entity, these probabilities were easily modifiable, simply because reality did not, could not, keep track of them.

For a moment, the hallway within Omnibus Academy's Domintory did not include a seven feet tall suit of animated armor carrying a dufflebag. The next, it did.

Dove walked out from the hidden corner that he had warped into, each of his heavy, stomping steps were accompanied by loud clanking of plates on plates, and the thumps of his bulk on the floor.

"Hello there!" He called, waving to a group of students in sight. "I seem to be a little lost. Is this the Omnibus Academy of Earth Realm, yes?"

The two strangers introduced themselves as Harbingers — not that Kaessya didn't already know that. Azrael in particular seemed to focus her gaze on Kaessya as she said something about all of them having "plenty of time left". Kaessya grew rigid. What's that supposed to mean? she wondered fearfully, assuming it was some sort of cryptic comment directed specifically at her. Key then made a somewhat less-cryptic threat, and, taking her eyes off the Harbingers, Kaessya then realized that even Luna was giving her a look. Aw, shit. I fucked up. I fucked up real good, didn't I? she thought. Or… maybe I'm just being paranoid? she honestly wasn't sure if everyone saw through her lie as easily as they all seemed to, or if her own nervous reactions were betraying an otherwise-believable statement.

Kaessya was so preoccupied by such thoughts that she almost missed what Key said about the "deaths at the academy". Thankfully Luna was sharp enough to catch it. But, she wasn't quite sure that Luna's theory really clicked. Sure, Kaessya herself had plenty of reason to fear that she might be considered dangerous and banished to a place like this as a result — but was Luna implying that the Harbingers were the ones who used the "protection spell"? If so, why would the Harbingers banish themselves? And if the banishing was done by someone else who was trying to protect those souls, then why were the Harbingers considered dangerous? And why Luna, for that matter? Kaessya didn't have any better theories as to what was going on, but Luna's didn't really hold up in her eyes. In any case, uncovering the real answer wasn't even the demon's primary concern…

"Wait, so," Kaessya spoke up. "If you guys were sent to collect the souls of the dead, then… did you find them?" she asked. "The souls, I mean. Did you already take care of them, or…?" The soul-collecting of Harbingers was normally a rather quiet affair. Harbingers shouldn't have any reason to go around banishing other creatures to swamp-dimensions, or really any reason to hang around with earthly beings for any substantial amount of time — unless, of course, something went wrong. And if the souls that they were meant to collect had gone missing for whatever reason… well, Kaessya realized she'd have to start thinking of a good defense for herself right away. Because if she was found out to be a demon, and assumed to be the culprit — well, she doubted the Harbingers would believe her if all she said was "I swear it wasn't me", regardless of how true the statement was.

@Luma @Eruantien @Shinku⭐Kun

@Kagayours @Eruantien @Luma

Azrael nodded in agreement as Key decided to add a couple of curious facts about Harbingers and she was glad that he didn't reveal them the only weapon said to be able to "kill" a Harbinger: the Excalibur. That's an information she's willing to keep and even more because there was a demon.

Just when Azrael thought that there couldn't be any comments about her race, Luna spoke, but this time describing a Harbinger duty as a "thankless occupation". She couldn't be more accurate than that and just because of that, Azrael began to like her. Observant and wise people were Azrael's favorite beings. "Mmh... I never knew such beings could be in such a place like an academy. Looks like Omnibus will definitely keep surprising me in the future," she thought with a small smile, looking up at the dark and starry sky. And, of course, Azrael was more than glad to attend Luna's request if they ever came out of this unknown world.

Suddenly, what Luna said afterward made her smile fade, replaced by the usual emotionless expression. The destructive races cast out of the Academy by a protective spell? Azrael felt confused about such statement, so she began to analyze everything that happened after her arrival at the Academy, especially her encounter with Sol. She remembered that the "Star Child" got really upset when she told her what a Harbinger's duty. Then, after Key arrived with the souls and told her what happened to them, a mysterious magic force teleported them here. There was no doubt about it. This was a mischief made by Sol and she's the one that probably has the souls right now.

"I may not be allowed to kill somebody," she thought, a burning rage growing inside of her, "but I swear that once I get out of here, I'm going to find that tricky punk and smack some sense of her because nothing can stop me of at least punch her in the face." A loud thunder rumbled across the sky as Azrael's anger triggered her Weather Manipulation. Luckily, it was just for a few seconds and no rain came afterward.

Finally reaching higher grounds, the group found a beautiful mangrove which color wasn't ordinary at all. Still, the bright blue definitely gave the place a mystic touch that Azrael could've found appealing, but she wasn't in the mood right now. Sighing deeply, she took a sit on the same root Key sat as well, on his right to be precise. Sticking the bottom of Hades' handle into the mud, the white-haired Harbinger took off her black cloak that still was damp, but surprisingly drying out quicker that any other normal clothing. That was because Azrael's actual clothing is a special light armor made a blacksmith from Valhalla. Each piece of it can resist extreme conditions where normal clothes will simple damage without repair.

The rest of her clothes were already dry, so Azrael simply laid her cloak over the blade of Hades so it could completely dry. Letting go a deep sigh, Azrael crossed her arms and looked to her right, frowning and still a bit annoyed with Sol. In conclusion, there's no way she will be able to tag along with her at all so far.

"Yes, Key found them and actually collected them," Azrael replied to Kaessya, slowly looking at her with an eerie death glare. "Do you remember that stupid star creature with the annoying orbs around her head? Well, she took them and cast us here with her tricky magic just because she thought we're some kind of evil-doers. Luna here doesn't look like one and Key and I aren't, obviously, but you... I don't think I can say the same thing about you... Demon."

Finally saying what Kaessya really was, Azrael stood up from the root and slowly walked toward her in a threatening way, like a predator harassing her prey. Stopping just a step away from the demon, Azrael looked straight at her eyes, trying really hard to not use her Penance Stare on her. "As you can see, I didn't buy that cheap lie you said before, hideous being. Also, yes, I hate you and your race and you're lucky that I have better things to do because I would've ripped your soul a long while ago."

Azrael was definitely pissed and been just plain rude with the poor Kaessya that even when she was a demon, she actually didn't do anything to deserve been threatened like this. Azrael wasn't like this, though, but Sol took out the worst out of her and apparently, she just wanted to yell at somebody to be able to calm down. Sadly, Kaessya was that person.

Taking that last step to be extremely close to her, Azrael lifted her right index, still staring at Kaessya's eyes. "Listen to what I'm going to say now, demon. You better not be involved in the killings of these teenagers because if you do, I swear for Valhalla that I personally will rip your soul in the most brutal and painful way possible. They didn't deserve to die like that... It wasn't their time yet, you know, and I really hate to collect those type of souls."

Last edited:
@gamer5 (Ishika)

Neptune glanced up worriedly, and latched onto the arm of the older girl in an ornate dress who had just appeared. She looked familiar; perhaps she had been nearby when Neptune was lying on the stretcher, before? She couldn't recall details very clearly. Still, Neptune needed to express gratitude, hopefully without passing out.

"Yes, thanks very much," Neptune told the girl, leaning heavily upon her arm. "I'm dreadfully sorry about all this, I just need to get over there," she continued, moving her arm in some vague forward direction. "Administration, or, whatever. Sorry to pry, but do you have anything to eat? I'm awfully hungry, and I wouldn't dream of eating any of those little beans," Neptune stated glumly as they continued forward, gesturing aside at the still-growing flood of jelly-beans of all colors.

@Kagayours (Kaessya) @Shinku⭐Kun (Azrael) @Luma (Luna)

"Hup." With a slight grunt, Key whipped a large, curious item from someplace inside his jangling cloaks. He quickly reached this out to snag Azrael by her clothing and pull her backwards, away from Kaessya. "Cool it..."

Stepping off his perch, Key made two short strides to stand shoulder-to-shoulder next to his counterpart, somehow tucking the strange item away into an inner pocket again.
"As far as I understand," he began calmly, "nobody here has been 'banished' from the place we just were transported from. Somebody simply decided - wrongly - to take matters into their own hands."

Key grasped Azrael's accusing finger and curled it into a fist, wrapping it with his own hand. "Don't be so hasty to throw these things around, Az. That's a hefty bit of words you've said. You might do something you'd regret, one day..."

"Kaessya, was it?" Behind Key's reflective blue gaze could be seen something strange. "I have no great love for the demonic races, if what you are suspected of by this hotheaded one beside me rings true; but I also do not think you are a bad person, when it counts." He paused. "And, I have facts that tell me you were not the one who perpetrated the deaths we Harbingers were summoned to address. So be at rest."

The ground suddenly shook beneath the mangrove outcropping, and loud wails arose from all directions around the group. Key's visage darkened, and he was distracted by the sounds. "We're running out of time, it seems. If nobody has any ideas, at least I hope we can all hold our own in a fight?"

• Love
Reactions: Stray Shinku
@Kagayours @Eruantien @Luma

Azrael had a lot of more cruel things to say to Kaessya, but luckily for the demon, Key decided to intervene, unexpectedly pulling back Azrael to his side, telling her to calm down. The hotheaded Harbinger was quite surprised, her red eyes widened a little bit, but not because Key dragged her with his object. She couldn't believe that he was standing up for a Kaessya, a demon that probably had eaten the souls of innocent people before or even done worse things. From all the people, Key was the last person Azrael believed wouldn't be merciful with "soul eaters".

Azrael has her own reasons to hate demons with all her might, reasons that she haven't told Key or anyone yet. Still, hearing Key lecturing her to not treat Kaessya so mean kind of hurt her. She also felt betrayed somehow. But all those feelings quickly changed when Key hold her fist with his hand. This time, the burning sensation on her cheeks that triggered sometimes while Key was around was more intense and her heart skipped a beat. Everything was like a big rollercoaster of emotions for her.

After a brief moment, Azrael finally calmed down thanks to Key's advice, even when Azrael already did decisions she regretted making and actions that she really wished never happened. She also realized Key was defending Kaessya not because she was a demon, but a good being. However, that doesn't mean she will take off her eyes from her now. For Azrael, all demons were equals, so Kaessya needs to prove her wrong and gain her trust if she wants to "befriend" her.

As Key began to speak with Kaessya, Azrael turned around and while returning to sit on the root, the ground above her began to shake abruptly, making her hold herself from Hades to not lose her balance. Loud wails also surround them. Definitely, something big and bad was watching them in the dark, stalking them like easy prey.

"You don't have to ask me that for a second time," Azrael replied to Key, pulling out Hades from the ground and pressing the buttons on its handle to turn it into a beautiful modern katana. Then, she stood in a fighting stance, monitoring her surrounding carefully. "Does the rule "As a Harbinger, you aren't allowed to kill any form of living things" applies here, Key? Because I have the feeling that we won't be able to reason with whatever is out there."

Last edited:
Reactions: Eruantien
Seiko felt gravity start to return and reacted accordingly, lowering herself before gravity could do all the work and she actually only fell a couple inches. then she set Shadow back down and the wolf immediately started looking around, sniffing at her feet and trying to come up with some explanation for the sudden lack of gravity. Seiko ignored her friend and turned to others now crowding the hall. "513 is indeed my room, it is just down the hall" she flattened her dress down "as the gravity situation has ended I suppose there is nothing left to investigate"

she then turned her attention to the others that had joined them. specifically, her apparent roommate, "I am Seiko, it appears we'll be roommates from now on, It is very nice to meet you, this is Shadow" she nudged the wolf, which growled but turned to look at the person she was addressing. then she choose to introduce the two she knew "and these two are Avarice and Aerly, I met them only recently as well" she choose not to mention her roommates difficulty in speaking, she herself had trouble with English sometimes and knew she had never liked getting criticized for trying so she just smiled instead. she hoped that would ease the apparent turmoil on the man's face.

"Before we were interrupted by the lack of gravity we were going to look for Avarice's roommate, and some form of glasses for her as well, I believe we should continue that search, as I have nowhere else to be" she looked at Avarice "would you still like to continue Avarice?"

@gamer5 @chaosheart13 @Rowdybull @Katharina

@gamer5 @AnimeLover_Princess @Rowdybull @Katharina @munchkinomatic

The next thing Avarice knew, she landed on the floor with a hard thump. "ACK!" She flailed her tentacles wildly as she tried to regain her lost balance, nearly hitting the others there with her tentacles. Once she was done flailing for the moment, she pushed herself up with a few of them so that she could face everyone. "Ergh, not fun," she mumbled as she shook herself, rippling her body.

She heard a student ask if they were in the right place and turned to her. "Oh, hi!" she said, squinting at her form, "You're in the right place, this is the dorm. Er, dormitory? Dorm? Either one works. But yeah, you're here." She closed her eye and rippled her body again as she squirmed in place. She really needed those magical glasses that would grant her sight.

She then turned her attention to Seiko as she was being addressed. "Oh, yeah. Er...I think I need the glasses first...wherever they are," she sighed, "If we're heading for the elevator, I can change my form again. Or we can head down the stairs to get going. Your choice, though stairs would be easier." Her one eye blinked rapidly as she tried to take in everyone else's fuzzy forms. Yep, she definitely needed glasses.

~*~​
@gamer5 @Roose Hurro @Eruantien @Takashi @Sail @IceQueen

Well, it seemed like they had new people coming into their little group. Primary didn't have time to say hello when the gravity was switched back on. They frowned as they slowly lighted onto the ground. At least that was one thing solved. She then looked over to Neptune, who had just woken up. And that was another thing solved.

"Mm, we should head straight to the...principal's office I believe?" they said, "If we want to prevent even more murders happening. Though I suppose finding some adult will work too." They crossed their arms and regarded the rest of the group. "I suppose everyone here should get going?"

Honestly, the jelly beans didn't really faze them, nor did the newcomers faze them. They simply grunted and began following Neptune that now seemed to be leading the group. They wondered if that was a wise thing to do, considering she fainted several times in the course of several minutes. Shaking their head and sighing, they just simply followed after Neptune and tried to ignore the rise in jelly beans.​

The Plot Thickens...

Deen felt a bit "fazed", himself. Ears went back, lower lip jutted out in a brief pout of ponderation. So much for the dire issue being handled. So he sighed. Murderer, still on the loose. But at least the "patient" had recovered! Though, having just barely gotten her indoors and heading for the infirmary, her turning around and going back out the door only made Deen sigh again. Shake his head. Grab hold of his tail, what with all the people old and new stepping about, probably safer for the moment. Having one's tail stepped on wasn't fun.

However.......

Deen couldn't help his grin, what with his roomie back, and the whole situation in which he'd last seen... well, some things just can't be unseen. Though bare humanoid buttocks were rather amusing. Heh... he'd probably never get used to seeing creatures without tails. At least with their pants on, he could imagine they had little fluffy tails, like rabbits. Or...

... oh, yes. Dead students. And the fact gravity had returned, while he'd been lost in his ponderations. Took only a second to drop towards solid ground, claws tapping said paved ground.

"I suppose everyone here should get going?"

Deen shared a glance with everyone in the group, fur all fluffed, as he also followed after the girl named Neptune, him down on all fours...

... "Honestly, the way things are going, I'm not sure anyone knows where we'll end up."

Meanwhile, a toolbox worth of Omni Bits suddenly found themselves with nothing to do....... insane day, check!

@Shinku⭐Kun @Eruantien @Kagayours

Luna glanced over the mangrove trees, tapping her cheek with her finger in thought. Very curly, but no doubt the thicker ones were usable.

"Does the rule "As a Harbinger, you aren't allowed to kill any form of living things" applies here, Key? Because I have the feeling that we won't be able to reason with whatever is out there."

Luna glanced back at Azrael a moment, "That's a rule you follow? That's awfully unexpected for your race." At the trembling wail, Luna suddenly froze and shivered a bit. An instinctive "fight or flight" response. It cleared; fairly quickly in fact, as she returned her focus to the trees. "I'll need these 10 trees cut, curving up towards their thin ends, with their lengths as close to each other as possible," she instructed, pointing towards several of the thick trunks. "I'll need you to distract whatever that is while I construct the raft. Of course, if one of you shapeshifters has enough form-fluidity to morph into a boat, that would work swimmingly." She flashed everyone a short grin at her own terrible puns.

"Oh, and while you're at it: Key, would you mind explaining this being that's taking matters into their own hands?"

@Luma @Kagayours @Shinku⭐Kun

"I'm sure you'd be amused, were I to suddenly transform into something you could ride over the waters, Luna dear," Key stated mildly, beginning to wade into the dark swamp. Without turning back, he also replied to Azrael's question, which Luna had apparently begun to interpret herself. "Az, do you not remember what we are? Taking the lives of creatures is literally our purpose." Key sounded a bit amused, in spite of their situation, but he didn't laugh, and the sentence fell flat of dry humor. He stared out for a few moments as he waded onward, trying to locate the source of the eerie wailing. And then, all at once, the source revealed itself to him.

A number of mossy mounds rose menacingly from the turbid swamp water around the blue mangrove squadron, the wails becoming louder as each successive mound emerged and grew in stature. With loud splashing and creaking, as of ancient wood and stone grinding against each other, dripping with water and small plants, these mounds shuddered up to stand above the canopies of even the tallest mangroves, the four people at their center having to crane their necks upwards in dread. As the last of the monstrous things eased up into what looked like its full height, the dreadful wailing ceased immediately, the only noise being the drip of water down the mounds' bodies, and the thudding heartbeat of each humanoid in this alien land.

swamp_monster_by_oblomos-d6apzjz.jpg

swamp_monster_by_kipestshin.jpg

swamp_creature_by_ianllanas-d6sbqhj.jpg

"This modifies our plan somewhat," Key said, frozen where he stood.

As one, the mounds each lifted a huge, seeping foot out of the swamp and slowly lowered it again, causing a veritable earthquake and an inrush of water to the mangrove pools. The water receded, then was forced back again as the mounds' steps were repeated. "They're on the move!!" Key shouted, hastening to rejoin the girls.

Quickly, Key outlined a plan of action. "Luna's plan sounds excellent," he told the group, wincing as another booming, synchronized footstep was felt. "We'll need to cut down," and here Key looked up for a brief moment to check the progress of the mounds, "at least two of these creatures, in the direction of that outlet," he finished, pointing at a wide strait of water leading to the open swamps. "Az, will you stay with Luna and ensure she has the necessary materials? And Kaessya, I'd ask that you join me in clearing an exit point."

Key paused, as another resounding footstep, closer than before, again flooded the place. "I know you're strong, Az, but if these... things are immune to my powers, it might be that Kaessya can influence them, rather than us." Another step forward, another earthquake. A mangrove tree collapsed nearby, joining the dozens of other littered branches around the place.

Not wasting any more time, Key started to run backward, toward the strait he'd pointed out before. Three mounds were closing in on the place, but the destruction of two on either side should allow enough room to squeeze by the third, if they made it in time to avoid getting sacked by the rest. Raising a finger, Key's voice took on a note of urgency. "I have no doubt we'll be able to escape, but we must move quickly. Come! Let's do it, Kae! Maker's Blessing be upon you two!"

He turned about and made a great leap across the waters, landing upon a fallen mangrove bough and springing off again, catapulting his way to the nearest of the three towering mounds.

@Luma @Eruantien @Kagayours

"Then, that means I can get rid of Kaessya," Azrael thought after Key answered her question, but then, she just shook her head after realizing that Kaessya hasn't done anything that bad yet or at least something she has seen. So for now, she will spare her life and concentrate in facing this unexpected situation.

Hearing Luna's plan as if she was the captain of the group, Azrael actually thought it was good and well made. Still, she wasn't accustomed to following other people orders but Key or another one from her race. So, she ignored her for the moment and observed Key walking deeper into the darkness to find out from where those noises came from. Azrael gulped deeply and gripped tight the handle of her scythe, feeling nervous for what could happen to Key. She knew she was skillful and everything, but so far, anything could happen on this strange planet.

After not hearing Key for a few seconds, Azrael opened her mouth to talk to him, but her whole body froze in shock as she saw colossal monstrosities taller than the canopies around the mangrove. For the first time ever, Azrael widened her eyes in dread and wondered how in the world they could defeat such huge alien-looking beings. Even more, she wondered if they could even be defeated at all. "Shit... I think I prefer to follow Luna's plan," she thought, lowering Hades as she saw Key returning, shouting that the mud things were moving. The sudden earthquakes because of the mounds steps made Azrael balance kind of unstable, so stood with her legs wide open and hold herself from the handle of Hades that has been so much handy for her all of this time.

Listening to Key's plan, Azrael nodded, agreeing to help Luna to gather the material she needed to build a raft. She didn't like the idea of leaving Kaessya with Key alone, but again, Key probably won't lower his guard around that demon.

"Just don't make something stupid!" she shouted back to Key as he left. Then, she turned around to face a few trees which trunks were perfect for a raft. So, transforming Hades in a big ax, Azrael dashed towards them and swing the weapon, chopping down two trees at once. After gathering 10 trees, as Luna requested, Azrael proceeded to chop down the canopy they won't need and to cut the trunks in a perfect size to make the flooring of the raft. Drops of sweat were rolling through Azrael's forehead after working so hard.

Kaessya felt a bit relieved when Azrael said that the souls had already been collected. That meant there weren't any missing souls that had to be accounted for, and they couldn't accuse Kaessya of any foul play. But, that sense of relief didn't last for long as Kaessya noticed the eerie glare that Azrael was sending her way. And her heart sank as Azrael revealed what Kaessya feared would be true — Azrael knew she was a demon, and she wasn't happy about it.

Kaessya began to panic as Azrael moved closer to her. Scrambling away in fear, Kaessya's body gradually reverted into a more beast-like form as Azrael continued to speak, even accusing her of being responsible for the deaths at the academy. "I-I-I'm not! I swear! I haven't eaten anything since I came to Omnibus!" she exclaimed, backing up until her back was pinned up against up one the mangrove roots. "And even when I do eat, there isn't even… uh…" Kaessya wanted to say something like "and when I do eat, there isn't even any soul left to collect! I don't even leave the bodies behind! Why would I kill anyone if I wasn't going to take their soul?" but she realized, perhaps a bit too late, that such statements might not be very helpful in quelling the Harbinger's rage, even if it might help clear her name in regards to this particular case.

Having nowhere left to run, and no hope of outrunning a Harbinger, Kaessya, still trembling, closed her eyes and braced herself for the worst. I'm dead. I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead. I can't convince her it wasn't me. She's gonna tear my soul apart. She'll throw me right back into Hell. She'll… Interrupting her thoughts, Kaessya was surprised to see Key stepping in, pulling Azrael back and telling her to calm down. Still shaking, Kaessya opened one eye hesitantly, not knowing how to react.

Kaessya was so shaken by the event, she almost didn't notice that Key was speaking to her directly. Hearing a Harbinger call her a "good person" was… surreal, to say the least. When was the last time a human even said that about her? Had anyone ever said that?

Kaessya jumped when the ground began to shake, but she calmed down a bit when she regained her senses and realized she wasn't under attack from a Harbinger. They weren't going to hurt her — or at least, Key wasn't. And he said he didn't think Kaessya was responsible for the deaths of the students at the academy. That was certainly a good thing. She just hoped he'd be able to keep Azrael under control long enough for all of them to get out of this mess. Regaining her composure, Kaessya pulled herself up off the ground and returned to her usual humanoid form.

Oh, yeah, and apparently there were monsters that they'd have to get away from, judging by the sound of things. Luna got straight to work in planning to construct some sort of raft for them to use.

When the monsters finally appeared, Kaessya couldn't help but feel intimidated. They were huge, grotesque things — and they reminded her all too much of the massive demons from back home: those giant, gluttonous beings that could scoop up entire handfuls of demons Kaessya's size, shovel them into their gaping mouths, and swallow them all down in one sickening gulp. She hadn't seen anything like it since she escaped to earth, and to encounter such beings again was downright nightmarish.

…And now, Key wanted Kaessya to help take them out. "Are you kidding?! That's a suicide mission!!" she exclaimed. "Those things could swallow me whole!"

Even after Key flung himself at the creatures, Kaessya couldn't bring herself to do the same. She'd just have to find a way to outrun them, or hide from them until they lost interest… that was the only way to escape demons this big. She'd find a way to escape. She had to. But until she could think of another plan, she only remained frozen in fear…

@AnimeLover_Princess (as Seiko) @chaosheart13 (as Avarice), @munchkinomatic (as Dove) and @Rowdybull (as Oscar)

"A search for Avarice's roommate? Since I doubt you could give us a description how about a name at least? I believe that we could head for the administration and ask for information there, anyways," Aerly said in response to Seiko and then turned to the newest arrival, Dove: "Yes "sudden entry" person." And the next part was aimed for both new arrival, both Dove and Oscar: "This one is named Aerly. Mind if I ask your names?"

@Eruantien (as Neptune) & the rest of the group ( @Roose Hurro @Takashi @Sail @chaosheart13 )

Upon hearing Neptune's request for food, Ishika used her unoccupied left hand to quickly searched trough her pockets. A moment later she found a chocolate bar and passed it to Neptune while saying: "Here you go. Also the name is Ishika, Ishika Tadeis." Ishika made a pause and then said: "And if it is really such a rush to get there, how about I carry you there? It should be much faster then this way."

Last edited:
@gamer5 @Roose Hurro @chaosheart13

"Thanks, Ishi..."
Neptune's words were a little slurred, and she gratefully took the proffered chocolate. Munching on it, Neptune replied through a chocolate-smeared mouth, "And I'm Nep... Neptune... Nepperino... Nepper... Nep-nep... something like that..."

"... this food is amazing," Neptune continued, glancing down at her unsteady feet and messy clothes. "Are you sure? Could you really take me there quickly? I'm such a mess, today... sorry to be a burden on everyone," she finished, peering behind with her eyes wide.

@gamer5 @AnimeLover_Princess @Rowdybull @Katharina @munchkinomatic
"Dora-mah-tory" Oscar enunciated under his breath before nodding happily at the mass of tentacles surrounding an ocular orb. "Alright." He diverted his attention to the other student now talking to him. He felt less on edge now that he was on his feet and not swimming in a pile of flavored candy beans.
"I am name-ed Oesu'ulmet, or Oscar if it is easier for Aerly in that way, I was taught that Human names were the easier to pronounce." He replied, shaking a stray bean that had landed in his pants pocket. His eyes scanned the the humans reactions face to see if he had been courteous in his response. A being that looks like a human but had magical qualities, very intriguing. He wanted to learn more about this being, about every being in this school but before he had any time to speak, the amalgam, the cacophony of clanks and clangs behind him caused Oscar to turn his head. The armored figure of Dove. This is someone, he would realize quite quickly, that cannot be read simply by his touch. How quickly is soon to be seen as Oscar, wide eyed, reached out with a bare un-gloved hand and placed it on the armored figures shoulder.
"Is this a student also?" He had asked the metal figure in awe, not even bothering to reply to his greeting before recoiling his hand away. Something akin to a humans heartbeat began to pound behind his eyes, he rubbed them much like a toddler would when dust was kicked up in a sudden breeze. His reply to a new students greeting was a literal headache, a great way to start off introductions.

@gamer5 (Naia)

Sol's orbs all returned to her orbit with a flash, though she noted the one inside the sort one came with some strong resistance. Internal defenses, she supposed. Hopefully with that, all the poisonous creatures will have been cleansed from the immediate area. The idea that Earth was full of those things was disgusting, but this place was special, so hopefully the majority of them were all here.

"Look you should probably return them and apologize. I don't know if you have anything against those four personally, but I am almost sure that you have meet them for the first time. Furthermore one of them is my acquittance and I am pretty sure that she is a good person although a bit weird one."

"Now is not the first time I have met those beings," she responded with a self-righteous tone. "They have existed for longer than this planet. I will not undo my kindness to you."

1 of her orbs began to circle each of the invisible souls. What occurred appeared to look a lot like printing a living creature, as matter shimmered into life before their eyes. Not a view for the sqeamish. Before so much as a minute had passed, 4 casually dressed humans, 2 of each gender, stood before them. They looked the definition of 'average human', in their mid-teens. With a tweak of magic, each soul 'clicked' into place, new hearts began beating, and four reincarnated beings breathed in, opening their eyes.

As would be natural for one who suddenly found themselves alive after being dead for some time, they all appeared dazed. A few moments passed as they being to check their new bodies with some alarm. "Eh?! Have I been turned into a....human?!" The deep voice came from the taller male; one who was accustomed to not only being female, but quadruped and scaly. More murmurs came from the other three, though they seemed more dazed than concerned.

Sol ignored their concerns and spoke. "Soul thieves nearly stole you away, but this place is under my protection. If you wish to remain alive, you'll need to do as I say." Sol's orbs hovered near the ground, slowly 'light printing' a variety of high-tech equipment. Goggles, taser rifles, golden power armor and several other goodies. "These will help you capture any more soul theives there may be, as well as other dangerous species. Additionally, the goggles will help you identify the ones you need to capture and bring to me."

While the new reincarnates were skeptical and still frazzled over everything, they didn't have it in them to defy the one who, as far as they were concerned, was some kind of protective goddess. Still, a few moments passed before one of the girls made the first move. "Aye aye, ma'am!" She shouted her aligence, stepping forward to arm her new body with the advanced equipment. The other 3 followed suit, some more hesitantly than others.

Sol turned to Naia, "You should assist in cleaning this planet as well. Those two soul theives may not have been after you, but there are still others that consider you're life food." To those that knew, it was obvious she was speaking of demons and similar creatures. Of course that world was unknown to most, but certainly not all. When the 4 had finished dawning the equipment, they looked like a ready team of Sun Warriors, with the body suits displaying a giant emblem of a golden sun on their chests. Sol was clearly a fan of color schemes, as the whole outfit was actually very distinguishable.

Sol flashed a metal wall into existance to delay another surge of jellybeans into the area. She waited a few moments to hear Naia's answer as she waved the "Solar 4" away to search the school. Clearly she also needed to deal with these 'jellybeans' still. Planetary creatures certainly tended to make messes of things. Space was much less hectic than this....usually.

@Kagayours @Luma @Eruantien

As Azrael
After Azrael finished chopping down the tree and cutting the wood the perfect size to build a raft, she stood straight and clove Hades into the ground, right beside her. Sighing deeply after working so hard, she looked to her right to see how Key was doing after shouting out some commands at Kaessya. Unfortunately for him, the demon was beyond scared. She simply froze on her actual position as she simply stared at the gigantic monsters.

"Are you kidding me!? That's suicide mission!! Those things could swallow me whole!"

That was it. That was the spark that definitely triggered Azrael's rage for real this time. She couldn't believe that was actually thinking of not moving and letting Key all by himself. Harbingers were immortals and could resist really hard hits, but that doesn't mean their bodies will end up uninjured. Key's body will probably just be squished like rotten fruit if one of those monsters stomp him.

Gritting her teeth and clenching her fists with rage, Azrael walked toward Kaessya, her scarlet eyes brighten. "What the hell are you waiting for, fool beast!?" she shouted, grabbing Kaessya by the collar of her shirt. She shook her once while giving her another death glare. "Are you really going to stand here dead with fear!? You better move you ass and go help Key! Did you heard me!? Move or I swear that if something happens to him, I'm sending you back to Hell so you can serve as a snack for one of your kind!"

Azrael shook Kaessya a couple of more times, trying to make her react and snap out of her fear. She even thought of slap her across her face if she didn't say anything quick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.