OMG What is with all this server stuff?! Omg omg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely logical. Can't argue with that.

I am fairly confident it would drastically reduce server load. There might be a couple issues though.

Hey! D:< I am one of those 100 people!

If you delete the first hundred accounts, it will reduce server load, can't deny.
Mostly because a lot of them do crazy things like site projects and whatever.
Pretty much disposable, in other words.

Just a heads up, there may be another downtime at around 2AM Central Time (approximately 9 hours from when I post this) when the server company fixes their storage system to get it back to full performance.

I'm still relatively new here & I have absolutely no idea how all this server stuff actually works, but if I may...

Rather than just deleting the "oldest" accounts, why not delete all the "inactive" accounts?
Say, like, any accounts that have remained inactive for 1 or 2 years? Are y'all able to look into that?

I imagine there are some people, other than the original moderators, who have been here since day one & would be pretty upset if they were to try to log on, after y'all delete a bunch of older accounts, & find that their account has been deleted just because it's old. Whereas, someone who hasn't been here in quite some time, & tries to log in with their old account, wouldn't be quite as upset to find that their account was deleted due to being inactive for so long. They could then just easily make a new account, if they decide to become active again.

I would think 1 or 2 years of inactivity would be a reasonable amount of time to let an account remain inactive, before it gets deleted by default. ^^ Why not start with those & see how much it helps? This might be something to make a regular habit of doing, depending on how many dead accounts there are. The more dead accounts, the more deleted accounts - The more space for the active accounts & more space for the server to run more smoothly, right?

I hope this suggestion helps. ^^ ~Eimi

Emi, he was joking.... XD He can't do that, I would kill him. (And it wouldn't help or make any sense, that's why it was a joke!)

Aaw... ;_; I knew the sacrifices were a joke, but I thought I might've actually been helpful. OTL

Ahahaha.
That's cute.
Most of the people who voted for the first 100 members to be deleted are some of the first hundred, myself included.
It was a joke, because a lot of those people are still active and wonderful members who are productive and friendly people and all that.
We do occasionally get rid of really old inactive accounts, if memory serves, actually.

And on that note, thank you for getting everything all spiffy and optimizing things, Jared. I'm excited about that google feature that you showed me, actually. Is that a new addition you're trying out or has it been used by us before?

Yeah, my account got deleted at least twice :P

Inactive accounts don't make a big difference on server load, but thanks for the suggestion. Diana just finds 'toys' to add to the site that cause problems for me :)

Also, I COULD easily do it, I just wouldn't. *Goes off to look for a script to make everyone who has a user account under 150 see an account deleted page*

Status
Not open for further replies.