2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Whenever my boss decides to let me go home. (Usually between 5-11 EST)
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.
http://www.darktowermovies.com/20150413/sony-wants-the-dark-tower/

It looks like the best book series ever (At least in my opinion!) is one step closer to seeing reality! After years of being dropped by companies, Sony might actually be picking it up! I'm over the moon at the moment! I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up, but.....!!!!!!!

-Dances happily-

Most book fans are usually scared when this sort of thing pops up..

To each their own. Haven't read the series personally but it's on my reading list thanks to you, Nyd.

Movie adaptations of books rarely go well. I waited since grade 7 for an Ender's Game movie and when I got it, it was a rushed mess that skipped a lot of the important parts of the story and none of the secondary characters had any development. Basically it didn't do it justice, largely because of the utter lack of runtime.

Be careful what you wish for. Movie adaptations rarely measure up.

Reactions: Windsong
I'm really not that worried about how it will turn out. I already know that it's never going to be as good as it is in my imagination. I'm just happy to have something from the series. It's been over since the Wind through the Keyhole was released, and I keep hoping King will surprise everyone and say he's going to make one more book. ; ; Some series are just hard to let go of.

This would be my biggest dream come true if it really happened. King is hands down my favorite author and the Dark Tower series is one of the best. Would love to see the story played out on the big screen, even if it completely bombs ;-;

That's kind of how I feel. I know chances are it'll be a major disappointment, but just to see it pulled from the book and onto film somehow is enough for me. Plus, I'd love to see how other people envision the world and the characters, if it comes close to my own image. I doubt it will, but it'd be nice to compare anyway.

Would really love this if it were to happen. I've read some of the dark tower series and am a big King fan to boot.

My hopes are a little higher for this series than most. The Dark Tower series is special to King. He did not care how the movies to his other books turned out but he was picky with this series.

I'm actually somewhat surprised that Marvel hasn't tried to scoop up on it since they did pick up the comics. That would be a movie I'd definitely be eager to see, but I'll be happy to go see it either way.

I think it would be Disney that does that, no?

I think it would be Disney that does that, no?
I don't care who does it, as long as it's anyone but Disney....

Dark Tower the musical with the happy ending? Fuck that!

I don't care who does it, as long as it's anyone but Disney....

Dark Tower the musical with the happy ending? Fuck that!
Disney would destroy the series. ;_; Without that ending it would not be The Dark Tower.

Disney does not do dark and gritty very well. There is nothing happy and cheerful about the story at all. Yes, there are some comedic aspects to the characters, but it's not a story that I can see Disney wanting to pick up.

Disney releases R rated movies through their subsidiary company Touchstone Pictures. So a grittier movie could definitely happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.