Olympus on earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a fullfy puppy in a fez, david is the smart ladies man, and chirstopher is just some depressed murderer.

I liked nine. He was great and had such an enormous task. He head to re-start it meaning having all these expectations on his shoulders and he pulled it of. But 10 was my doctor.

Nine was awesome. Because he still carried some of the darkness from the timewar, but still had light.
But now we're just annoying everyone with doctor who talk xD

Probably :). But doctor who is the best ever.

don't worry I like docter who. But I can't tell the difference if you start with numbers or names. For me the first docter is the one who saved rose of the mannequins in the new series. (Most of my friends are whovians, I really should watch it again.)

Do you plan to keep a posting order or can we post however we want? (Of course no double posts)

I'm not planning to have a specific order, but like no running forward and leaving everyone else behind.
I'll reply soon :3

@Nica , @Urdnot Grunt @Kronas17 it's been started btw, if you didn't get the notification :)

Thanks I'll post when I get home

I had no idea it started! I'll reply soon as possible.

Reactions: Nat
Is it too late for me to join as a teenage Artemis?

Last edited:
Human name: Amarah Simh
God: Artemis
Age as human: 15
Appearance:
vika_levina_brunette_green-eyed_charm_36284_1680x1050.jpg

Artemis is a gorgeous brunette with long wavy hair that brushes just down to her waist. It is usually kept out of her face though, for she doesn't care much for vanity, even if her beauty has been compared to Aphrodite's. Her complexion is perfect and youthful and natural for she wears no jewelry or make up of any sort. She doesn't need it. Why paint a rose? Her figure is thin, but athletic. She is stronger than she may look at first glance. Her hands are calloused and she usually has dirty fingernails from spending so much time outdoors. Of all of this however, Artemis' most stunning feature are her jade green eyes. In the spring time, they are the exact same color as a leaf with the sun shining through it. They seem wild and she would call herself a free spirit. All in all, Artemis is very beautiful, youthful and physically, nearly flawless.
History:
  • In the classical period of Greek mythology, Artemis (Ancient Greek: Ἄρτεμις) was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows. The deer and the cypress were sacred to her
  • The myths also differ as to whether Artemis was born first, or Apollo. Most stories depict Artemis as born first, becoming her mother's mid-wife upon the birth of her brother Apollo.
  • The Iliad reduced the figure of the dread goddess Artemis to that of a girl, who, having been thrashed by Hera, climbs weeping into the lap of Zeus. At poem of Callimachus to the goddess "who amuses herself on mountains with archery" imagines some charming vignettes: according to Callimachus, at three years old, Artemis, while sitting on the knee of her father, Zeus, asked him to grant her six wishes: to remain always a virgin; to have many names to set her apart from her brother Apollo; to be the Phaesporia or Light Bringer; to have a bow and arrow and a knee-length tunic so that she could hunt; to have sixty "daughters of Okeanos", all nine years of age, to be her choir; and for twenty Amnisides Nymphs as handmaidens to watch her dogs and bow while she rested. She wished for no city dedicated to her, but to rule the mountains, and for the ability to help women in the pains of childbirth.
In some versions of the story of Adonis, who was a late addition to Greek mythology during the Hellenistic period, Artemis sent a wild boar to kill Adonis as punishment for his hubristic boast that he was a better hunter than she. In other versions, Artemis killed Adonis for revenge. In later myths, Adonis had been related as a favorite of Aphrodite, and Aphrodite was responsible for the death of Hippolytus, who had been a favorite of Artemis. Therefore, Artemis killed Adonis to avenge Hippolytus, who had been a favorite of Artemis. Therefore, Artemis killed Adonis to avenge Hippolytus's death. In yet another version, Adonis was not killed by Artemis, but by Ares, as punishment for being with Aphrodite.

These twin sons of Iphidemia and Poseidon, Otos and Ephialtes, grew enormously at a young age. They were aggressive, great hunters, and could not be killed unless they killed each other. The growth of the Aloadae never stopped, and they boasted that as soon as they could reach heaven, they would kidnap Artemis and Hera and take them as wives. The gods were afraid of them, except for Artemis who captured a fine deer (or in another version of the story, she changed herself into a doe) and jumped out between them. The Aloadae threw their spears and so mistakenly killed each other.

In Nonnus Dionysiaca, Aura was Greek goddess of breezes and cool air, daughter of Lelantos and Periboia. She was a virgin huntress, just like Artemis and proud of her maidenhood. One day, she claimed that the body of Artemis was too womanly and she doubted her virginity. Artemis asked Nemesis for help to avenge her dignity and caused the rape of Aura by Dionysus. Aura became a mad and dangerous killer. When she bore twin sons, she ate one of them while the other one, Iakhos, was saved by Artemis. Iakhos later became an attendant of Demeter and the leader of Eleusinian Mysteries.

Personality: Artemis is a bit of a fickle goddess. At times she is very mature for her age and at others, she gives into her innocent, childlike tendencies and smiles and laughs like there's no tomorrow (which, as long as her brother is around, shouldn't be a problem). She can be very competitive, which is why she even joined this long challenge on the mortal plane. Also, she has heaps of courage and maternal instincts. Most of the time though, she is found running wild and free with her animal companions or when the time is right, riding the thrill of the hunt. She is very clear about her morals and is usually very compassionate, clever and honest. But beware, she has a bite to match her sarcastic bark, so to speak. Much like a wild animal, she won't back down if provoked.

Occupation: Sometimes she gets paid to work at the Animal Shelter. Though if asked, she would say she's a Liberator and a Hunter for a job.

Relationship status: Eternally single.

Last edited:
So I have two questions.
  1. Where are the gods? I mean, on earth are they near a national park? Maybe mountains? A specific town in the US maybe?
  2. To what extent can they 'not use their powers'? Is it considered, 'using her powers' and failing the challenge/bet if she hears the voices of her animal friends in her head? Is it only against the rules to use their powers uncontrollably? "in a rage?" (because ares definitely has a godlike car soo is he using his powers without breaking the deal?
I kinda planned on having Artemis live on a campsite or national park, only going into town to work at the shelter for money when she really needs it....

Because of her age, Artemis would have to live with someone (normally in human world, young teens aren't given permission to live alone until they are 16 at least, and then they need parental permission). Idk if i remembered to write it, but i meant they were gonna live in New York.

It's breaking the rules if they use their powers, such as Zeus making thunder, or Poseidon controlling the weather.
So like, it's not directly against the rules if she hears the animals, but if she uses her powers to controll something or someone, then it would.

Okay cool then. Makes sense. Anyone wanna be Artemis' "parental guardian"?? The character doent have to act like it. She can provide for herself, so she could be more of a roommate than a dependent child

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if she lived with Aphrodite, then she could attend the same academy that she consults at.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Ooo good idea. Artemis in high school....hahaha. that should be fun. So i guess since she's not already at the party, she could have told Aphrodite that she'd meet her there later. She'll probably take a cab.cuz this is NYC. Sound good?
Thanks by the way!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.