scrap036_a-3.png
scrap036_a-7.png
scrap036_a-1-1.png
[/spoili]

Land of Monsters: Star Wars AU

[Spoili]
untitled_drawing_by_silent4everbeatless-d9d5iiw.png
[/spoili]

From left to right: my original characters Noctis, Magna, and Katsuko.

Recently I've moved in with my step dad and he's just major nerd. One of the many the many things he nerds over is Star Wars. So, naturally, I renew my interest in the mother of Scifi franchise. But I didn't actively start thinking about my characters being apart of the extensive world until I took a peek in my ridiculously over stuffed inbox and found MidoriNoHonoo 's gallery filled with Star Wars fan art and even two Star Wars comics:

fav.me/d8kke6h

fav.me/d8z8kpb

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't inspired. Especially since the whole universe was deadest on me drawing this x) You spend the weekend waking up to the Star Wars theme song!

While I'm not entirely sure how these misfits are suppose to fit in this universe I have made some changes while keeping the others the same, or close to cannon while not braking any forth walls. For starters, the trio are completely human. Not that Katsuko isn't human in cannon but her enhanced speed, agility, and strength passed down through the ninja bloodline kind of makes her unqualified for the completely human title, but I digress. I've actually been thinking on this concept for a whole longer lot than this one though, the whole "what if Noctis was human" thing (like before I disappeared), and this kind of gave me a way to solidify those thoughts. She still has dark skin of course, and I couldn't resist giving her brown eyes an orange twinge, but her hair looks more black than dark brown. I guess in certain light dark hair can be mistaken for black, but don't be surprised if the next drawing of this, if there is another colored drawing, will be of her with lighter hair.

You also may have noticed the scar on her wrist. Yes, that is indeed a scar. Not a very prettily drawn one but it wasn't meant to be pretty in the first place. It's actually a burn mark, and it transferred from cannon, but in cannon it's often hidden by her self-regeneration. The damage is so extensive, however, it can't be fully healed and is only seen when Noctis is too exhausted for her body to continue to heal itself. This is totally not an excuse for me to avoid drawing it. Either way, I'm not good with drawing scars in case that wasn't evident, and the fact this is actually a burn scar made it all the more challenging. Yes, a fire proof being has a burn scar. Don't forget, more than fire can burn you. The thing is, it really doesn't have a Star Wars story yet, but I figure it's because Noctis is too secretive of a person. So secretive in fact, her partner of two years doesn't know her real name (yes, Noctis and Magna are aliases even in cannon; there's a funny story behind them too).

Besides the scar and her "name", Noctis kept her mastery of martial arts, or at least as much mastery a seventeen-year-old could have. Didn't bother with changing their ages. I debated allowing her to be force-sensitive as well, and still debating it in fact. If I do decide to make her force sensitive, she'll just have the physical enhancements (boosted speed/agility/et cetera) and be completely unaware of it. She'll remain a quick leaner as well. What did change is her knack for using that little gun she's holding. She doesn't tend to use it much but when she does her favorite target tends to be the hands. Or the weapon the person is holding, which ever is easier. She can also effectively use the spare Lightsaber Katsuko keeps hidden in her sleeve.

In the way of attire, I like how neutral colors look on her. I have to say, never used so many shades of brown in my life. My favorite accessory has to be her jacket <3 Don't ask me why she knotted her belt instead of fixing it like a normal person. Maybe the belt didn't have enough holes, or maybe she likes how it looks and wants to be a rebel. Either way, it's very Noctis-y. Her boots... some where along the way I developed a dislike for drawing and detailing footware. I just cannot stand it. I do like how thick they look though. Getting kicked by one seems like it's hurt a lot more than those Skater shoes I normally draw her in. Anatomy wise I'm fairly happy with her build, but I had to redraw her arms since they were nearly knee length for some reason x.x Her jacket makes her build broader than it really is but she's suppose to look like she can kick your ass, as oppose to Katsuko's which is suppose to make you think you can kick her ass (one of the main reasons I wanted to draw this: practice with height and build difference). I'm not entirely sure what her pouches are for. I can easily imagine she keeps all sorts of odds and ends in them for Magna, or basic medical stuff. Maybe.

Speaking of Magna, I've only drawn her and Katsuko once or twice before ^.^; I'm also not in the habit of drawing children in general but I like how she came out overall. I feel her head is a little big but she'll grow into it x) Decided to add a little more red to her skin too. Moreover, I haven't really talked about Magna since I introduced her as Noctis' siser. Her personality borderlines arrogant and often times talks bigger than she means to, but it's mostly phrases emphasizing Noctis' capabilities (i.e. "my sister can out smart you any day!" or "wait 'till my sister finds out about this! She'll make you wish you weren't thought of!"). Otherwise she's a sweet kid with a big heart and even a little naïve. Much like her sister, she's a rough and tumble tomboy but at the same time loves her skirts and dresses. So much so Noctis makes her wear tights or even jeans under her skirts when she goes out to play or attends school.

In this AU, Noctis scrounged up some spare coin to buy her a cheep dress and earned the boots by earning a favor from a merchant. Over that, Magna chooses to wear a large cloak mostly because it makes her feel like a Jedi and Noctis makes her sash it so it doesn't trip her up or bellow out too much. I'm terrible at drawing frills. Why a cloak looks so frilly to begin with is beyond me. Of course she chose the pinkest sash she could find. Who cares if it didn't match anything she's currently wearing? Don't ask me what's up with her left leg. I somehow ended up drawing it backwards. No vector tools required .-. Her hands are iffy. I meant to make them look plumper and cute but that didn't turn out so well. If there is one thing I absolutely love though, it's her braids <3 They're supposed to be piggy-braids, with strands of hair looping over every two plaits. Saw style on Google a while ago. In love woth the knot-bun as well.

While Noctis showed her ways to defend herself, Katsuko is the one showing her how to hone her abilities as she is force-sensitive! It's actually one of the reason these three are traveling together: Magna needed a teacher, and Katsuko was willing to help as long as Noctis helped her stay under the radar (yay, the prim and proper ninja is rebelling
biggrin.gif
). Luckily, and quite surprisingly, Noctis is good at keeping people off their backs.

Which leads to Katsuko, or "Katsu" as Noctis calls her to her annoyance. She's usually a by the books person and does things in a strict and planned out way. Every move is thought out and purposeful. With that said, Noctis' easy going and "what happens, happens" nature frustrates her to no end. She even goes as far as guilt trip her when the younger's actions become particularly brash and reckless. I can see her having some sort of Imperial background or something else that requires discipline, but having clashing views lead her living out on the run or something like that. Their backgrounds aren't to fleshed out but maybe one these days I'll sit down and work on that. But honestly, I dislike how she came out. Lethe characters don't seem to be in my pallet and she jus looks anatomy incorrect all over. Her arms are too long, which I tried to correct, her head is too big, her knee is misplaced, and don't even get me started on her hands. Even though the three of them all have dark hair, I tried to distinguish her from the siblings by using a more blue base color than brown. That actually turned out okay. I'm pretty proud of the Kimono the,e her shirt has going on but I may need to make the sleeves a bit more bellow-y. The waist high pants could use some work but that's more of an error on my part.

Mistakes aside, I'm pretty proud of this. Still can't get over the fact Katsuko is wearing anything other than black x) I was even tempted to give her a black core lightsaber but thought that would be a little much and over stepping an unknown rule. I'm so making her lightsaber a little more sleeker -.- Love the coloring on the hilt but unlike Noctis' gun which is suppose to be chunky and perhaps outdated, lightsabers seem like they need to be high tech and smooth.

Anyways I probably should put an end to this monster of a description sometime in the near future I'd like to post some Lightsaber-action-dynamic-ness ^.^ I wanted to give the girl more dynamic poses to begin with but I also wanted to show their height differences. Just to recap: Noctis is 17, Magna is 10, and Katsuko is 21.

Star Wars belongs to the respective owners.

Noctis, Magna, and Katsuko belong to

It's been a while since I posted anything here ^.^; You know, it's hard to believe I already been roleplaying for four years, so I thought I'd draw the first character I ever role played with ^.^ Coincidently, I've also been working on Land of Monsters for four years now too :D

official_noctis_ref_sheet_by_silent4everbeatless-da5quce.png

Name:
Unknown​

Alias:
Noctis Caerulae Elana di Ancariis​

Class:
A - Elemental [Fire] || The Government classifies monsters by their destructive ability and threat against humanity, ranging from E - the weakest - all the way up to A - the strongest. Noctis personally thinks it's cute how they put her up there with vampires and werewolves. Classification is often generalized and rarely handled on a case by case basis.​

Height:
5'8" (172 cm)​

Weight:
114lbs (51 kg)​

Ethnicity:
[Presumed] Arabic​

Homelands:
The Great Desert​

Homelands Advancement:
Primal​

Current Residence:
Apartment 820 || A low-kept two bedroom.​

Monster Hunter || Partnered with Go, Katsuko​

Relations:
Parents: Unknown
Guardian: Legally Independant
Siblings: Magna di Ancariis
Extended Family: Kaice Timmers, Ryder Timmers, Penelopy Timmers​

Personality:
Cunning & Devious || Noctis knows how to lie and cheat, surviving the concrete jungle with the art of deception. Most people don't trust her anyway; might as well have a little fun with them.

Laid Back & Relaxed || She often carries with her a non-caring attitude and let's most troubles slide off her shoulders. This can be perceived as taking nothing seriously, much to the frustration of Katsuko.

Temper || Who in their right mind pisses of a fire elemental anyway? Most would call Noctis slow to anger, but really she has certain triggers that sends her from passive to aggressive in 0.6 seconds.

Grudges || Whether this is an Elemental trait or a Noctis trait no one knows for sure. Either way, Noctis doesn't forgive wrongdoings easily and never has she forgotten a face or a name associated to that wrongdoing.

Protective & Caring || Mostly Magna experiences this side of her personality, but she does have a soft side for children and can't bring herself to say no to them. She makes sure to keep them safe and out of harm's way.

Neutral || Noctis is a girl of strong beliefs, but none of them are of the existence of good and evil. Instead, she believes there only exists actions and reactions, and the nature of those actions are left to the eye of the beholder.​

Racial Abilities:
Thick Skin || An Elemental's skin is literally tougher than average human skin. Not to the point it could be consider natural armor, but it does heavily crease around her joints. Her skin is also covered in strange oils that make her fire proof.

High Pain Tolerance || In highlight of everything it seems Elementals evolved to take a lot of damage. They perceive pain differently from humans and their pain barrier is rather high.

Fire Skeleton || Instead of bone, Elementals have a unique skeleton that is 98% fire. It bends and absorbs impact, but doesn't break. The same oils coating her skin also coats the muscles and organs for protection.

High Core Body Temperature || Because of their fire skeleton, and average Elemental's core body temperature is 115°F (46°C). It's unknown whether or not this actually provides them with an immunity to illnesses.

Big Heart || Elementals have hearts and lungs nearly twice the size of average humans, pumping high amounts of blood and oxygen through their systems. The amount of oxygen in an Elementals blood is enough to poison a human.

Heal Factor || Elementals seem to be able to heal themselves almost instantaneous, but not constantly. The more exhausted the Elemental, the slower they heal. The more serious the injury, the more energy needed.

High Metabolism || A healthy Elemental can eat up to 6-8 times a day to keep up with their body's energy consumption. They never seem full and their insatiable appetite means they're always hungry.​

Skills:
Advance Fire Shifting || Originally from a peaceful tribe of craftsmen and story tellers, Noctis' heritage allows her to "shift" fire, shaping them into different forms. It had been centuries since this form was used in combat.

Hand-to-Hand Combat || Noctis never really finished her training, so only half of her fight style is discipline while the other half is raw talent and experience. She can still hold her own in a fight.

Basic Weapons Knowledge || This mainly applies to bows and arrows, preferably crossbows, and anything she can swing and pray to hit something. Guns are loud, clumsy, and high maintenanced.

Quick Study || She's quick on the pick up and whatever she isn't taught she pokes at until she figures it out. She also has excellent memory, and seeing something once she's able to mimic with some practice.

Skateboarding || Noctis' favorite pass time and while not completely key to her survival she claims she can't live without her customized skateboard. Really, it's like any other skateboard but reinforced and with "Mad Bro?" crudely scribbled across the bottom with permanent marker.​

Weakness:
Technologically Impaired || There's a a lot of things Noctis can learn and figure out, but technology isn't one of them. She still doesn't know the difference between a text message and a call.

Water || Being in water saps a fire Elemental's energy and dangerously lowers their body temperature. Stronger Fire Elementals will have a higher resistance to water's effects but won't be entirely immune.

Joints & Pressure Points || The joints and pressure points of an Elemental are quite vulnerable and if targeted, can leave the Elemental vulnerable as they lose the ability to heal and filter fire through that joint/pressure points.

Starvation || For humans, dehydration occurs within three days. For Elementals, it's starvation that sets within three days. Fire Elementals are also prone to malnutrition.

Suffocation || Fire Elementals thrive off of oxygen and are sensitive to sudden changes in the air. Smoke for example, can suffocate an Elemental if exposed to it for too long.

Hospitals || Noctis has a deathly fear of hospitals and refuses to step in side one. Heart monitors specifically set her off.​

Other Notes:
Dyed Hair || The green coloration is natural. The orange and black dye, however, is not.

Voice || She has a deep, but still feminine voice with a light accent.

Sleeps Sitting Up || Noctis never sleeps flat on her back, she's always leaning up against something.

Greasy Foods || She loves fast foods and deep fried everything. Not the most healthy diet but it hasn't killed her yet.

Fire Resistant Clothes || Courtesy of the government. They're not completely fire proof and can withstand temperatures up to 140°F (60°C).

Burn Scar || A nasty scar on her right wrist. No one yet knows how she got it.

No Dogs Allowed || Noctis isn't really much of a dog person, more specifically a wolf person, but domesticated dogs apply too.​

Noctis: "Hey! That's the brat Arabeth Stallman!"
NPC: "Are you sure?"
Katsuko: "Trust me, remembering names is the only thing she is good for."
Noctis: "Hey!"

Noctis: "Ugh, I'm starving."
Katsuko: "Literally or figuratively?"
Noctis: "Both!"

Katsuko: "Noctis, do not make me retrieve the spray bottle."
Noctis: "Pfft, I fight monsters for a living; I'm not afraid of some water."
Katsuko: "..."
Noctis: "Cold! Cold! Cold!"

NPC: "Says the one wearing a race flag."