• Olympias
    • Julius Caesar
    • Octavian/Augustus
    • Livia

• Suggested character sheet format:
    Full name:
    Biography (at least 2 paragraphs):
    Personality (at least 1 paragraph):
    Please also include a face claim photo or detailed description of their appearance. Real photos are strongly preferred.

Last edited:
Alexandra "Alex" Vasilakis

Full Name: Alexandra "Alex" Vasilakis

Nickname: Alex (by Close friends, Preferred)
Reincarnation: Cleopatra

Personality:
Alexandra is a tough woman who has a lot of faith in herself and the kind of power she holds. She's brave and feels very deeply. Alexandra can also be feisty at times and quick to anger. Integrity plays a huge part in who she is but insecurity gets in the way sometimes. She does not like her feelings to be toyed with and when she feels passion, sometimes those feelings are hidden by the subtle mannerisms she uses to manipulate and prove herself to other people.

Background:
TW: INCEST, BLACKMAIL

Alexandra was born in Mykonos, Greece, but raised in Fortuna, New York for some of her early years and all of her teenage years. Her Mother was an orthopedic surgeon and her Father a psychiatrist. Dad stayed behind with her and her eldest brother, while her younger sister and her mother to Los Angeles because of a job opportunity her mother had. At thirteen, Alexandra went into ninth grade. She got involved in different sports, including swimming and soccer. Heck, she even tried out for the football and cheerleading team. Her dad took in a foster child- a seventeen year old male named Theo- when she was fifteen and before Theo was officially adopted, Alexandra and Theo had an intimate moment.

The two tried to keep their encounter secret but Nyke, her elder brother found out later on what they'd done and used that against them, threatening Alexandra that if they continued, he would tell dad and get rid of Theo because he loved her as more than a sister and he knew she felt the same. Alexandra became distant from her immediate family after that encounter. She went into dual enrollment at age fifteen and graduated with a liberal arts degree and her high school diploma at age eighteen.

At twenty years, she graduated with her bachelor's degree and immediately started her master's degree. When she was twenty one, she started her career as a patrol officer and got her first boyfriend. Twenty three, Alexandra's boyfriend cheats on her and they break up before she finds out five months later that she's pregnant. She ends up not telling her ex boyfriend about their daughter.

After Alexandra and her boyfriend broke up, she met another man who was located in another precinct and he became her fiancé later on, however, the relationship didn't last. Alexandra felt left to depend on her parents one last time while she struggled to finish up her PhD in Forensics and move forward into the homicide division while also caring for a baby. Her best friend from college became her living crutch as she endured the difficulties of motherhood while striving to be successful. Now, she has her phD and her real journey is just beginning.

- Education:
PhD in Forensics
Master's Degree in Psychology
Bachelor's in Criminal Justice

-Career/Profession:
Homicide Detective (Current)
Police Officer (Former)

-Family:
Danaë Vasilakis (25 years, Younger Sister)
Nyke Vasilakis (37 years, Eldest Brother)
Theo Vasilakis (Adopted Half-Brother, 33 years, Deceased)
Chloë Vasilakis (Daughter, 9 years, NPC)
Colson Vasilakis (Half-brother, Father's Son, 4 years old, NPC)

Others: N/A

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Achilles

Joseph Lemke
Ἀλέξανδρος ὁ Μέγας || Alexander the Great

Currently: PhD student in Literature, TA, and aspiring professor
Past life: Basileus of Macedon, Hegemon of Greece, Shahanshah of Persia, Pharaoh of Egypt, Lord of Asia

1440489939tn958ix.jpge74a56cea017ac962f86fcb87cefa2b0.jpgf0eb6221d0ef654c92f6e8cd8fefb5b5.jpg

Joseph "Joey" Lemke
27 years old
Reincarnation of Alexander the Great

Biography
Born to a working class family in Indiana, Joey was destined for mediocrity. His father worked in masonry, and his mother was a high school English teacher. His father was the typical Midwestern family man, leading a simple but hard-working life, and tried to raise his only son to be just like him. However, Joseph was much closer to his mother, and as he grew up, it became clear that he was mostly taking after her. She taught him to read picture books before he entered kindergarten, and his love for literature only grew from there. Eventually, his passion shaped the teen he became. He kept a small, close group of friends, and was happy to spend much of his time alone. His father was a kind man, but he did not know how to relate to his son's distaste for sports and typical boyish shenanigans, so they grew increasingly distant.

As he grew into a young man, he began to realize that there were more ways than one that he differed from the man his father pictured he would be. He came to realize that he was interested in men in his early teens, but was far too nervous to try to pursue relationships with his fellow schoolmates. While his family was not significantly religious, he lived in a very Christian area, and did not think it was worth the risk of being found out. At age 17, however, he developed an intimate relationship with his older next-door neighbor, a married man in his late 20s with a lot of baggage and no capacity to handle the fragile heart of a young, vulnerable boy. Naturally, this didn't end well for either of them and when Joseph moved away to college, he was glad to be moving far away.

Joey's passion for literature blew up in college. He maintained a 3.9 GPA and immediately enrolled in a PhD program after graduating with his Bachelor's in English Literature. Neither of his parents really understood the pursuit of scholarly endeavors, and just wished he would take a decent job somewhere and settle down, but they were overall just happy to see him off pursuing anything after the rocky end to his teen years. He is 5 years into it now, and he's hoping to snag an academic position within the next couple of years. He thinks this will be inevitable, of course, after his research on the evolution of the masculine ideal in Western literature rocks the world of literary scholarship.

Personality
Joey has a strong personality, and those who know him remember him well, whether for better or worse. He is introspective and often quiet when he wants to be, which makes him quite suitable for his scholarly career. He is warm and generous with those he loves, and earns incredible loyalty from his friends. However, he also suffers from a hot temper. He is unafraid to speak his mind to those who anger him, and many find this confrontational side to him insufferable. Most of the conflict in his life comes from his own lack of impulse control -- however, he is just as likely to find someone else to blame as he is to feel guilt over his own behavior. While this side to his personality can cause plenty of problems, it also makes him a fun and exciting person to be around, and he does not have trouble making friends initially -- he just needs to keep himself in check to keep them around, is all.

Reactions: Pupperr and junebug
Jane 'Janey' Hainsely
q9s7Qe8.jpg

30 | Female | Investigative Journalist | Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Sociology | Reincarnation of Roxana

"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose"

Personality: Many would describe Jane like a rose: beautiful to look at but likely to prick. Jane speaks her mind and believes in the truth above all else, no matter the cost of it. Backed by incredible intuition, when something doesn't feel right, she is relentless in discovering why. Her persistent, forward, and skeptical nature proves difficult to get along with at times, making it challenging for her to keep friends, but those who are fortunate enough to earn her trust will discover that she is incredibly loyal and fiercely protective. Those who have crossed her have called her vindictive and manipulative.

Article:
'Who is Jane Hainsley?'

My job is to write about other people and their lives; it's not often people want to write about me. It feels a little intimidating but I suppose now I have a sense of what it feels like for the people I'm writing about. And you're sure you want to do a piece on me? I've never really thought of myself as a famous writer before. Alright, if you say so.

Well, I was born right here in New York city. And not in the traditional way; I have two dads. No, I'm not adopted. Yes, they're gay. Yes, there was a surrogate. George, he's the older of the two, is a museum curator and he would bring me to the museum as a little girl. I absolutely adored it; I could listen to him for hours about the historical significance of the pieces in the museum. My other father, Eric, is a playwrite. He owns the Somnium Theater in the downtown district and would take me to shows at least once a week. Somnium is Latin for dream. You see, my parents were consumed with the idea that I would be raised with culture. They always said it was because culture makes a person, but I secretly think it was so that I didn't become an ignorant asshole like the rest of the world.

I suppose I should explain that one. Growing up I was unliked, hell, I am still unliked by most people, but kids are particularly cruel. I was picked on for having two dads and was in a lot of fights because of it. The teasing died down by the time I made it to senior high but that's where I discovered just how cruel people could be. And that's where I found my passion for investigative journalism; mind you, my dads always said I enjoyed sticking my nose in everyone's business and always had a million questions.

There was a boy in my highschool, he was the only queer boy that wasn't ashamed to tell people who he was. I admired him for it. But the other kids hated him for it. He was pranked, bullied, and tortured almost daily until he threatened the school with an explosive. He was expelled immediately and the police were charging him. Something wasn't right though, it wasn't in his character to do something like that and my gut was telling me it wasn't him. Long story short, I stuck my nose in everyone's business and discovered the truth; it was a group of kids that hated him and didn't want to see him at our school anymore. Wala, an Investigative Journalist was born.

How did I get here? Well that's easy. I went to university near Fortuna and studied in Communications and Sociology. I finished with a Bachelor of Arts in both degrees and started working for a private company almost right away. It's pretty simple. Other than that, my life is like any New Yorker's. I eat hot dogs, I drink at 1AM, and I bathe in the culture of this city.

Dating? Is that an actual question?
Source: www.newyorkinsider.com

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Achilles

izGzl4z.png

ajlG8AG.png

Reincarnation of
Marc Antony

Occupation
Defense Attorney

Personality

A word which is rarely applied to Lance – or one would hope is rarely applied to him – is boring. He fancies himself an intelligent philanderer with a penchant for celebration. He's gregarious and socially adept as well as proud and driven by success. Quick with a laugh or a grin, some might call him ever-amused, even – or especially – at inappropriate times. He doesn't take things too seriously and might even be considered dispassionate. Though he does not anger easily, he will hold a grudge until his dying breath. Most of his free time is spent in revelry or maintaining his physique. He likes ballroom dancing, too.

Biography

Born and raised in the southwestern United States, Lance's parents were strict ranchers. While his father had lived in Oklahoma his entire life, his mother had once been a city girl who moved to be with the man she loved. Country life had only hardened her disposition and neither parent was especially affectionate. The simple life his parents lived wouldn't do for the aspiring young man and he always had ambitions beyond his small town.

One of his mother's few exciting interests was that of true crime. Like his mother, Lance was rather fascinated. Not with the crime, but with the legal aspects of the cases. Around the age of ten, and with little prompting, the young Lance decided he was going to escape his small town and become a lawyer. Until he was old enough to do so, he readied himself by reading all of the law books he could find at the library.

He suffered in mundane simplicity for several more years until at the age of 16 he convinced his aunt, who lived in along the West Coast, to take him in. Lance loved the city. He loved the crowds and the constant stimulation, even if it was a touch overwhelming at first. He made many friends and he made them quickly, often attending social events with them. The only aspect of his old home he missed was his little sister.

By 25 he had graduated from law school and taken on a clerkship at a small firm. It was during this time that he was engaged in his longest relationship which lasted all of half a year. Following two years of clerkship, he applied at several well-established firms until one finally accepted him. Since then, he worked his way up through meager cases into high profile ones.

DrQMIHr.png

hebnmeE.png

Reincarnation of
Hephaestion

Occupation
Grocery Store Cashier

Personality

A quiet individual, Asher is soft-spoken and reserved. He rarely initiates conversation, especially for the sake of conversation. He's introspective and observant, as well as a great listener. His patience is also unquestionable. Despite harboring rather pessimistic views, he is practical in most situations. Unfortunately, Ash is also plagued by a deep-seated sense of self-loathing which plays into his reckless bravery. He is extremely temperate and hates to be wasteful or indulge in excess. He's generally cautious and distrusting of people and their intentions.

Biography

Ash was born as the son of a Catholic Preacher in rural Maine. His mother was a stay at home wife and mother and he was the second youngest of seven. His childhood was strict and he and his siblings were raised to be seen and not heard. This was extremely true of the younger members of the Alessi family. Naturally a quiet child, Asher had little trouble fitting into the mold his parents designed for him, especially compared to the more rambunctious nature of several of his older brothers. That didn't stop him from getting into trouble, however, as he had a habit of sneaking out and seeking out danger.

And then there was Rooney. Rooney was Asher's childhood best friend. The two bonded over being the same age in an incredibly small town. Otherwise, the boys were quite different. Rooney was a loud outgoing daredevil who encouraged Asher to misbehave. The Alessi parents hated him and did their best to keep him from their son. Efforts which resulted in the two boys running away together for a day when they were 10. Although this was the only time the two tried to run away together, Asher tried to run away several more times on his own.

Unfortunately, Rooney aged poorly. As the years drug on he became hostile and rude, if not downright aggressive. Shortly before the older boy reached adulthood the two had a falling out which left Asher emotionally desolated. He withdrew into himself and became almost unresponsive at times. This lasted for several months until his own 18th birthday when the two briefly reconciled. It was a short-lived reconciliation, however, and in less than two years Asher departed his hometown on missionary work in an attempt to escape from unpleasant memories and faces. Having no close friends and not having the best relationship with most of his family made it an easy move.

For two years, Asher served as a missionary in Mexico. It was during this time that his faith started to waver. He began to question his long-held beliefs and found himself conflicted. More than a year of his time in Mexico was spent in doubtful introspection. Eventually, when he could no longer stand to preach something he was so ambivalent about he returned to the USA. Although he returned to his home country he refused to return to his home town and instead settled in a mid-sized area. He took up work as an assistant for a local pastor but eventually felt deceitful doing even that and resigned. His next and current job was taking on the mantel of a cashier at a food market. Most of his time is spent working or brooding as he continues to remain unresolved about his faith.

Bianca Fortier
Octavia Minor
Currently: Unemployed housewife/former secretary
Past life: Wife and mother, icon of traditional femininity
c4e142975ce559d5621daa36aa3b93a6.jpg
338px-8106_-_Roma_-_Ara_Pacis_-_Ottavia_Minore_-_Foto_Giovanni_Dall%27Orto_-_30-Mar-2008.jpg
67a90d42678b6be08444532ced6193a6.jpg

Bianca Fortier
28 years old
Reincarnation of Octavia

Biography
Bianca was the youngest of four children, and the only daughter. Her family was well-off, and her childhood was comfortable -- her father was a heart surgeon and her mother a stay-at-home mom. While she did not have much to want for as far as material comforts, her home was tumultuous. What appeared to be a lovely white-picket-fence family on the outside had more than its share of troubles. Her father was a serial adulterer, using his long work hours as an excuse to engage in various flings with countless women. This caused turmoil in his marriage with Bianca's mother, of course, and things eventually became so toxic that they did not attempt to hide their fighting from the kids any longer. Despite all of this, Bianca was extremely close to her father. With her mother as the main disciplinarian, the little time that Bianca had with her father was always fun to her, and she quickly adopted his interest in medicine. This kept her afloat -- while the stress of their upbringing eventually caused her older brothers to turn to unhealthy coping mechanisms, she remained on a good path, and tried to focus on school in order to follow in her father's footsteps and attend medical school.

It all eventually caught up to her, though. In her senior year of high school, her parents finally divorced. While this did not bother her much, by the end of her first year of college, her father was already remarried (to a woman closer to Bianca's age than she was to her new husband's) with a baby on the way. After this, he became far less concerned with his old family, and they started to drift apart. This caused her a great amount of stress, and she started to struggle in all corners of her life, from school to relationships. Bianca came to be somewhat of a serial dater herself -- hooking up with boyfriend after boyfriend, putting way too much into it, and then watching it all crumble too soon. Eventually, she ended up with a decent man; he was about to graduate medical school and seemed to be going places. They became serious quickly, and by the end of her sophomore year of college, they were engaged. Bianca did not go back to school in the fall.

Much like her childhood home, Bianca and her fiance were far better on the outside. Shortly before their wedding (which they had set the winter after Bianca left school), she decided that she wanted to go to work, at least until they had children. Her fiance was fairly controlling, and he was not pleased with this. It put a heavy strain on their relationship, but she insisted anyways, finding a job at Fortuna's local high school as a part-time secretary. About a year into their marriage, the relationship became abusive. Thinking it would help matters, Bianca quit her job -- however, it only made things worse, keeping her stuck at home with little contact with others while he continued to harm and belittle her. Despite this, Bianca has been trying for her first child for the past 2 years, hoping it'll be the one thing to calm things down as well as give her something to care about. So far, she has not had any luck.

Personality
Bianca's most noticeable trait is her soft-spoken nature. She is far more likely to bury her concerns and give in to someone else's wants and needs than she is to make demands on her own behalf and "rock the boat". She dislikes confrontation; she would say that she prefers to compromise when it comes to conflict, but in truth, she simply prefers to stay quiet. While this allows her to be easily manipulated, it also earns her a lot of genuine friends, who find her to be quite kind and caring. Most would call her a "people pleaser" -- for better or worse. She is not easily bored; she prefers a peaceful life to an exciting one, though she often wonders if she would have been happier if she had succeeded in becoming a doctor. Even though she is often depressed because of her circumstances, she rarely allows this to show, portraying a mildly cheery attitude to her friends and acquaintances. She is not quick to share her troubles, and one must stick around and be willing to dig deep to figure her out.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: junebug