Old Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yena didn't know how long she had been sleeping, or what time it was. Her head was spinning and wasn't quite functioning at what was considered a normal pace. "Caden..?" She murmured, delirious with fever. Cracking her sapphire blue eyes open for a moment, she caught a hold of Andrew's hand, mistaking him for Caden. "Where are you going? Don't leave again." She cried as she clung on to his hand. Eyelids drifting shut again, Yena fell asleep holding onto Andrew's hand, but loosened her grip as sleep claimed her again.

Setting down a bowl of steaming chicken soup with short grain rice, Yena's mother smiled, "have you eaten yet, Andrew? There's not much, but you can have some soup as well." Sitting down, her mother began to spoon feed Yena who had sat up and recovered most of her senses as her fever dropped a bit. "You silly girl, no more running out in the snow without boots and a proper coat, you understand me?" She chided as Yena nodded meekly, shooting a small smile at Andrew.

"Umm...what?" Andrew raised an eyebrow when Yena called out for someone with the name 'Caden'. "This is Andrew...And don't worry I won't leave yet."

But he highly doubted that Yena had managed to catch the last sentence, as she had drifted off into sleep again. Couple of minutes later, Yena's mother popped up with some food for Andrew as well, in which the latter gladly accepted as he hadn't eaten anything after work. "Delicious as always." Andrew commented, before going in for another scoop and smiled back at Yena's mother.

"Jesus," Andrew started again, before examining Yena's condition again. "I don't think her fever is going to go away in a day...Let me get you a towel to cool you down a bit."

He set his half-finished bowl onto the coffee table, before grabbing a random face towel from the rack and soaked it with a lot of cold water that came out of the taps on the basin. Wringing the excess water out, Andrew then ran back to where Yena was and folded it neatly, before placing the cold towel onto Yena's forehead so that it would cool it down. "You'll be fine." Andrew reassured her again. "Like your mother said, we should just be more careful next time."

Sitting up and taking the bowl of soup from her mother, Yena sat there, taking a small spoonful at a time while leaning on the couch cushions. Finishing a quarter of the bowl, she set it down on the coffee table, completely full. Swallowing the tylenol pill with a swish of water, Yena leaned back, the cushions swallowing her form. Thanking Andrew for the cool cloth, she rested it on her head, thinking about work tomorrow. She would have a handful of students and a doctor's visit all in the same day. The cooling cloth felt so nice on her burning forehead, but now she wasn't as uncomfortable as she was this morning.. If only she didn't have an extra 35 pounds on her. Tucking her hands underneath her belly with her knees folded underneath her, she bounced her stomach a touch bit to stimulate the baby. Smiling when she could feel it kick out of protest and then turn completely. It would be time to start thinking of a baby name as well... Though she had no idea what to name it.

Looking at Andrew, "Do you have any ideas for baby names..?" Cocking her head to the side as she asked, feeling her long blonde hair sticking to the back of her neck from sweat.

"Baby names?" Andrew asked back, tilting his head in the same style as Yena. "Let's see...but first of all, is it a boy or a girl?"

Andrew began thinking, with a little bit of his tongue sticking out as he tried to think of all the baby names that he could think of from the top of his head. It was an old habit of his, sticking his tongue whenever he was in a deep state of concentration. Many people have already remarked about that trait of his, some calling it 'really adorable' and some thought it was 'downright hilarious'. Whatever they said about it though, Andrew didn't mind, although he did try to quit it, but often failed miserably.

"No idea..." Andrew mumbled to himself, before making his voice more audible and turn towards Yena. "If it's a girl...Irene? Ashley? Elena? But it's a boy, then I don't know...maybe Joshua? Mark? Jason?"

"It's a girl, at least that's what the doctors have said.." Yena answered, rubbing her belly as she lifted up the back of her shirt, which was hidden by all the cushions and hooked herself up with a TENS machine, which the midwife had suggested she use for her chronic back pain. The machine worked simply, sending small electrical impulses to her back muscles, causing them to contract and loosen, massaging her, to ease the pain. It had worked surprisingly well, and she wasn't in as much pain as before, though it was far from cured. Giggling behind her hand, she stared at Andrew when he stuck out his tongue. It had always been a trait of his, early on from childhood, that had stuck with him. Yena thought it was downright hilarious, but also adorable in a childlike way. "Irene is kind of cute.. But wasn't a hurricane just recently named Irene? Elena sounds too much like my own name... Ashley is nice though.... Caden had suggested that as well." Yena's voice trailed off to a murmur as she mentioned her late husband.

"I was thinking of maybe Esther? It sounds really regal and after all, it was the name of a beautiful Jewish Queen... Maybe Esther Caden Komowski?"

"Esther Caden Komowski?" Andrew replied back. Where did the Caden come from? Oh wait is that her then-husband's name? He didn't really agree with what Yena had suggested for the baby's name, but it wasn't his child, so he really didn't have much say in it. "I think that sounds good."

He can't help but to look at the machine that Yena had hooked herself up to. It was one of those things, if he recalled correctly, that eased back pain or something like that. That's the pain of pregnancy...just glad I'll never have to experience it. "Honestly, I never thought that pregnancy would be this physically exhausting. Apparently when my mother was still pregnant with me, she still wore high heels for some reason, so I never really believed that it was that painful." Andrew let out, although it was kind of out of nowhere and he only said it to amuse Yena a little bit. "By the way, when are you expecting to have the baby?"

She sighed, "the name Caden sounds really weird doesn't it? I just wanted to include it as a little reminder, I guess..." Leaning back on the sofa, she propped her elbows up on a cushion, "What about Kathleen as a middle name? That's a female form of Caden isn't it? Or Kady?" After taking the Tylenol, she felt a lot better, and she could feel her fever had gone down a bit. Scratching the side of her belly, Yena smiled a bit, the baby had fallen asleep and the movements had ceased a bit for now.

"High heels?" Yena laughed quietly, "that doesn't sound very smart... I can hardly even wear wedges with how swollen my feet are." It had been quite a few months since she had even been able to see her toes. "I'm due next month.." Saying that out loud terrified her even more as she confirmed her fears. Yena didn't have a partner to support her throughout the ordeal, and she had yet to ask her mother. It didn't help that Yena experienced daily Braxton Hicks as a constant reminder of the impending delivery. Erasing the worries from her mind, she took the TENS machine off as the 15 minute session stopped. "Help me up?" She asked, arms outstretched a bit and wiggling her fingers.

"Isn't Cadence the female form of Caden?" Andrew replied, still in a deep state of thinking. "Then again, I heard of females being called Caden as well so I guess it's okay?" He was about to ask who was Caden, but then he realised there was no really point into asking Yena such a question, as he had already figured out the significance of 'Caden'. Even if he hadn't, it would definitely make the atmosphere extremely uncomfortable, and might cause Yena to be upset even more. "A month?" his eyes widened slightly. Jesus that's not that far off...

"Yeah sure," Andrew grabbed onto Yena's hands and hauled her up, before taking the towel from her head. He quickly went back into the bathroom to soak the towel again into cold water, before giving it back to Yena to ease her fever a little bit more. "Guess you'll still have to rest a bit more Yena." Andrew stated, holding the towel onto her forehead for her. Even though the atmosphere around them hadn't really changed, but he could already feel it becoming more dense. He was obviously not that fond of that kind of atmosphere. I mean, who enjoys having the air feel like it's going to suffocate you in any second. Andrew had wanted to cheer Yena up, so he started.

"In the meantime, do you want to take some time to talk about some of the better things in life?" Andrew rested his back onto the couch, with a huge grin splitting his face. "You've seem to be under a lot of stress as of recently, and I think I understand why. I just want to take some of that stress off of you."

Reactions: XiaoLu
"Cadence is really pretty." Yena agreed, maybe that would be a better idea than Caden. With the help of Andrew, she managed to stand up before bending down to pick up the bowls that had been previously been filled with chicken soup and made her way to the kitchen, setting them in the sink. "Yeah.. It's not too far off... After this week, the doctors said the baby could come at any moment.." With each coming week, Yena could literally feel the stress on her body rising and the routine changes in her body. At this time in her pregnancy, she could feel the baby dropping lower and lower in her pelvis, which the doctors had said to be completely normal as baby got into position for delivery, which was rapidly approaching. However, the doctors were worried about Yena's chronic back pain, predicting a Occiput Posterior baby, or more commonly referred to as a "sunny-side up baby." The normal position of a baby in delivery was with the abdomen facing the mother's spine and the softest part of the head in the pelvis, meaning a more flexible and easier labor. However in Yena's case, her baby's spine was facing her own spine, which meant the head pressed up hard against her nerves and spine, causing the chronic back pain. The biggest thing was that in this position, the hardest and most inflexible part of the head came out first, often causing lacerations, complications, tremendously long labors, and stuck shoulders. The young woman shivered at the thought as she tied up her sweaty blonde hair. She'd heard so many horror stories about women being in labor for more than 48 hours, back to back labor, terrible contractions, and third to fourth degree tears that had taken a full year to heal. The Midwife had first discovered this problem when Yena had been in her 32nd week, but had told her not to be worried, since babies tended to move and get into position as the date neared. But after weeks of doing bizarre waist, hip, and back exercises along with messages to try and get the baby to flip around, it ended in failure. The final piece of advice had been to try and walk around as much as possible, but with the baby's size and weight combined with the swollen feet and back pain, it seemed nearly impossible.

"Thanks." Yena smiled, taking the towel from Andrew and draping it on her forehead for a bit. While she had been lost in thought with the impending delivery, the atmosphere had grown dense, as if it could literally suffocate someone. As Andrew took a seat, Yena knelt down, elbows propped up on the couch, knees on the floor, back straight. Moving her waist gently in a repeated figure eight, the blonde shot a playful smile at Andrew, "it's an exercise the midwife told me to do, don't judge me." At first, she'd felt self-conscious, but at this point in time, Yena had given up, deeming herself to take on the appearance of a dying bloated whale. Finishing up the ten sets, she sat down, her knees and legs folded underneath her on the floor. "Well.. the most obvious one would be the bundle of joy that will be making a grand appearance in three weeks..." Messaging her back, Yena continued, "plus I've gotten to see my best friend, that's a pro too, right?" Yena couldn't deny that after seeing and spending time with Andrew, she'd been able to unwind a bit, letting her guard down and finally enjoy herself and drag herself out of grief.

Moving to sit down on the couch, she crossed her legs, feeling the baby kicking. "What about you? What's changed? Why are you still single, Andrew? You must have hoards of girls chasing after you with those looks! Does one particular girl have your heart snagged?" Yena joked lightheartedly, laughing. "Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Don't worry, I won't judge." Andrew let out a reassuring chuckle as he watched Yena doing her seemingly normal exercises that her mid-wife has apparently set for her. Even someone who's heavily pregnant is doing some form of exercises, and then you have me who's not even bothered to walk for two-minutes to the damn store. "If you think you doing exercises is 'bad'-which is not by the way-You should come and see me. I legit look like a drowning cow." He was extremely unfit, even though it didn't seem like it. Generally, the excuse that Andrew always used every time he was asked why he never exercised was "I'm too busy". Obviously, that excuse wasn't going to be enough to save his own hide, as just about every one of his colleagues always found time to keep fit. Oh well...

Andrew let out a huge roaring laughter, something that he rarely did as he was quite a reserved individual who wasn't the type to talk loudly, after hearing Yena's questions. "Well the one thing that changed was I obviously found a great job with good pay, but I won't show off that part of me." Andrew was still giggling. "But other than that, nothing has changed. I'm still single because like I said before, I haven't been bothered with finding a partner just yet." He reclined back onto the couch, and placed his hands behind his head. "Girls flocking over me? Well...I do hear quiet chit-chats from some females when I walk past their line of sight. And also as of right now, I don't think I have found any girls interesting...yet."

A movie? Sweet. Andrew's eyes lit up, before walking towards the shelf that had long, neat rows of movie discs inside. He scanned the shelf very carefully by moving his head along each row. "Hmmm...what movie do you want to wait then?" Andrew asked, as he had a terribly hard time trying to pick out one movie to watch out of the hundred that filled the shelves like a can of sardines.

Yena smiled, "Can we watch Spirited Away?" This particular Studio Ghibli movie was an old favorite of hers, ever since she was a child, she would always drag Andrew to watch it along with her. Ambling over to the small chest where they kept all of the movies, she knelt down slowly, holding onto her back before taking a seat on the carpeted ground and pulling out the movie. Crawling over to the tv, she pushed the DVD into the blue-ray. Getting up again with the aid of the TV table, she sat down beside Andrew, curling up on the couch as she excitedly anticipated for the movie to start.

Startled by Andrew's laugh, she looked over, "so you have noticed all of those girls gossiping about you in the halls," she laughed along with him. "It's good that you've gotten a stable job.. It looks like it suits you. You seem to be enjoying it quite a bit." The baby inside her had ceased to move as it probably fell asleep. Scratching the side of her stomach, recently, she had developed a peculiar slight burning sensation on her belly button, since it had gotten pushed out, which was relatively common at this stage in pregnancy.

Underneath the blanket and the warmth, Yena's eyes grew heavy as she tried hard to pay attention to the movie, watching as the main character, Chihiro, met Haku. Haku had literally been her first anime/cartoon crush, and the fondness had stayed with her for all those years. Now, she looked forward to showing it to he down daughter as well. Loosing the battle with sleep, Yena fell asleep, her head rolling to the side, landing onto Andrew's shoulder. It had always been a weird quirk of hers: Yena usually ended up half asleep when half the movie was over.

"Spirited Away? Awesome!" Andrew exclaimed, before sitting back onto the couch after Yena popped in the disc into the blu-ray.

"Stable job...good pay...Yeah I guess my job is alright." Andrew replied, before reclining onto the back rest of the couch and waited for the movie to play on the TV. "Although when it comes to being fun and interesting, I don't think it's quite up 'there'." He added, with a slight change of tone as he said the last word of his sentence. After all, working as a corporate in a well-known company was kind of a drag at times. Most of the time, all Andrew did was sort out business documents, analyse sales, go to meetings that seem to go on forever, etc. In truth, at times he had to use all of his willpower to make sure he didn't fall asleep on the job or else he would get his butt whooped instantly by the CEO. "Nevertheless though, you are right, I like the career I have right now." Andrew flashed a smile, before hearing music being played from the TV, signalling the movie had started.

As they were watching the film, halfway through, Andrew felt a sudden slump of weight hitting his shoulders. Turns out, Yena had fallen asleep before the movie was even remotely finished. Oh what do I expect? It was a habit of hers that she couldn't get rid of. Oh well...

Just then, Yena's mother walked over to take the empty bowls they had for their chicken soup away, before chuckling a little. "She's always been an early sleeper, Andrew." Yena's mother informed. "You may leave now if you like. I'll tell her."
"No it's okay, I'll stay for the night if that's possible." Andrew kindly declined the offer to go home now. She'll probably wake up if I decide to leave.

Yena's mother nodded, and walked away to let the duo be in peace. Andrew proceeded to finish watching the movie, yawning every now and then as it was almost midnight. Later, his eyelids also gave in and he later dosed off to sleep too.

By the time Yena woke up, the sun was shining high in the sky already, but she felt much better than she had yesterday. Sitting up slowly, she realized she'd fallen asleep on the couch, and now her back and neck was paying the price for it. Looking around, she noticed she'd fallen asleep on Andrew, and her cheeks burned a bit pink when it dawned on her. Stretching, she got up slowly and messaging the small of her back. Making a beeline for the bathroom on wobbly legs, finishing her business before looking at herself in the mirror. In the few days she'd been here, Yena noted that she had definitely gained some weight, her face a touch bit rounder than before, but more than that, her dark circles had left and her face had more of a glow to it, just like it had been before her late husband's passing. Glancing at the time on her phone, Yena hurried out of the bathroom. Her first student would be arriving in less than an hour at 9:00.

Getting dressed in a loose dress and cardigan, the young lady went downstairs and got out a pan before frying two eggs, bacon, and two slices of bread, setting out a plate for her and for Andrew. As usual, her mother had already gone to work. Coming to think of it, didn't her mother leave on a business trip tomorrow for a couple of days? Her mother hadn't been sure about the whole trip, afraid that something would happen to Yena, but the girl had stated that she wasn't due for another month, calming her restless mother down. After all, maybe her mother would enjoy going to Asia. Her mother deserved to relax a bit at the very least.

As her first student arrived, Yena sat down, shutting the door to the piano room to make sure the noise wouldn't wake Andrew up and began resuming lessons. Because it was a Saturday, there weren't many students, meaning Yena was done before 1 o'clock. The whole time during lessons, the mother-to-be noted the frequent braxton hicks. They weren't like her usual ones, but slightly stronger than usual and her back ache had intensified as well, and these symptoms continued for quite a few hours before disappearing and then starting up again. While it wasn't entirely painful, other than her back really bugging her, it was most definitely annoying. "You up, Andrew?" She asked, poking her head out of the door, her hand clutching her back while messaging it. "What do you want for lunch?"

After a good night sleep, Andrew woke up slowly after a beam of light was shot directly into his eyes. Squinting, he then yawned and stretched out his limbs so he could at least stand up without wobbling. His shoulder was also quite sore since Yena had rested her head onto it for the whole night The time right now didn't really matter for him, since today was another off day for him. Even so, he still felt extremely groggy, as he hadn't really taken a bath yesterday, nor did he change out of his suit.

"Yeah I'm up," Andrew replied to Yena's question. "You have any casual clothes I can change into?" He ruffled his hair in an effort to keep himself awake. His stomach grumbled as soon as Yena asked what he wanted for lunch. Well last night I barely had eaten anything aside from some chicken soup and rice and I'm the type that gorges on food so..."Anything is fine," he answered back.

By the time he reached the kitchen, there was already a plate of food on the table, and finished the whole plate within about five minutes to satisfy his growling stomach. That was filling and surprisingly delicious, although that was probably because I was starving so the food tasted better than it was supposed to. He had also noted that during this time, Yena was teaching some students how to play the piano, so to pass time, Andrew pulled out his half-charged laptop so he could at least catch up on some work. He waited for Yena to finish her last lesson for the day, and then decided to have a conversation with her.

"You teach the piano?" Andrew smiled, "You sure love playing the piano, even when you were a little kid. Aside from teaching other people, have you played at any concerts as of recently?"

Yena nodded, "yeah, give me a second." Slowly making her way up the stairs and into her parents room. It broke her heart seeing how her father's side of the room hadn't been changed at all. Her father had been so excited to become a grandfather but that had perished within four months. Swallowing her tears, she dug through her father's drawer, trying to ignore the urges to cry as she saw her father's neat and orderly clothing. Finding a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, Yena sat down for a second, brushing away the tears before turning her head up and pinching the bridge of her nose to hide any more evidence that she had been crying.

Getting up in a hurry, Yena could feel a sharp pain flare up on one side causing her to stumble slightly in surprise. Brushing off the pain as another annoyance, she hurriedly answered the ringing phone. "Hello?" It was her mother.

"The flight just landed! It's so beautiful here, I wish you could see it, honey!" The excitement in her mother's voice brought a smile on Yena's face. "How are you feeling?"

"I told you you would enjoy it! I'm feeling alright." Yena lied. In truth, she felt groggy and crappy, but that might have just been from sleeping on the couch or sleeping later than usual.

"The food's really good! I'll send you a picture when I get to the hotel."

"Alright, love you! Take care." Yena laughed at her mother's child like happiness. It had certainly been awhile since she had heard someone in their family sound so happy. When her mother hung up, Yena made her way down the stairs, "Here you go." Tossing the clothing at Andrew, Yena proceeded to dig through the fridge, deciding fried rice would be the easiest thing to make. Dicing a multitude of colorful vegetables such as onions, bell peppers, carrots, squash, she began sauteing the ground pork, throwing in a bit of seasoning to mask any weird smell. Continuing with the egg, she cooked the vegetables as well before adding the cooked rice and mixing it around with soy sauce. "Lunch is served." Yena announced, poking her head out to Andrew before moving the dishes to the table and sitting down to eat. The young lady was positive that the contractions were getting stronger as the hours passed, but they didn't hurt enough to alarm her yet into thinking she was in labor, after all, she didn't have a reason to think that. She still wasn't due for another three weeks. "I haven't been able to do any concerts recently.." Yena gestured to her stomach. "But I've signed up for one a month after the impending arrival."

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew quickly caught the bundle of clothes that was hurled towards his general direction with both of his hands. He then went into the bathroom to put them on. The clothes, especially the t-shirt, was at least a size too big for him, as the cloth was barely touching him when he stood up with his arms extended both ways. Still more comfy than dress shirts though...

As soon as he stepped out of the bathroom door, Andrew was instantly hit with an wave of aroma that came out of the kitchen. It led to him to learn that Yena was currently cooking what they were going to eat for lunch. Judging from the contents in the pan, it seemed like they were going to have fried rice for lunch today. Not so long after, Yena had already given him a bowl of the freshly-cooked fried rice. Although he just ate not long ago, his stomach began rumbling loudly again, so loudly to the point that he thought Yena had heard it. "Tastes good!" Andrew commented happily as he shoved a giant spoonful of rice into his mouth.

"That's a shame," Andrew replied after hearing that Yena hadn't been performing for a while, although that mood quickly faded away when he heard that she'll be performing a month after she gives birth. "Then I'll make sure to find time to attend that concert then." Andrew smiled.

Yena laughed as she could faintly hear Andrew's stomach growling from hunger, "I've been practicing hard, so you better come." She laughed jokingly as she sat down. The cramping sensations were definitely getting stronger and stronger and had begun to hurt a touch bit, causing the young lady to be slightly concerned, but she brushed it off and continued to eat.

Halfway through the meal, a particular sudden pain flared up on Yena's right side, causing her to gasp in surprise, in turn dropping her fork. Head resting on the table, her pretty face contorted with pain, Yena's hands flew down to her stomach. Her belly had gone tense as the muscles began contracting in a much more predictable pattern and much more frequently. There was no doubt. She was definitely in labor. Getting up from the table, Yena's whole body shook as she made her way to the couch. It wasn't shaking so much from pain but rather from nerves. The mother to be was terrified, never having done anything like this of the sort. What made it worse, was that her own mother, wasn't there to support her.

Laying down on her side, Yena kept in any feelings of pain, though her face clearly showed it. Her back hurt ten times worse than her stomach. "I'm scared Andrew. I'm so scared." She kept murmuring as she counted the contractions. One big contraction every ten or less minutes followed by a couple of smaller ones in-between, but the back ache was definitely constant. Gulping in deep breathes, Yena managed to calm herself a little bit. A contraction every 3-5 minutes for a couple of hours meant she could head to the hospital.

Andrew jumped a bit from his seat when the sudden sound of a dropped fork came about. Tilting his head up unconsciously, he quickly dropped his fork into his bowl and ran to Yena's side as he witnessed what was going on before his eyes. He didn't even need to look into Yena's eyes to know that she was not only in pain, but also in fear. Obviously, Andrew had never been in such a situation before in his life, so he had no idea what to do. "Crap," Andrew mumbled under his breath, before guiding Yena to sit back down again, "No sit down. Don't push yourself, I'll call the ambulance."

Not taking any chances, he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and dialled 9-1-1 into the number pad, before placing his phone next to his ears. He quickly explained the situation to the person on the other end of the line. Although he looked very calm and composed on the outside, inside all he was trying his best not to freak out and he was panicking all over. He wasn't even sure if he should call for the paramedics in the first place. Right now however, he had to comfort Yena while he waited for the ambulance to come.

"They said they'll be here in five minutes," Andrew replied, before putting the phone back into his pocket. "It's okay to be scared..." he added, before hugging Yena and rubbing her back. "But remember, I'm here to support you."

Sitting back down, Yena took comfort in the back rubbing that Andrew was providing. The pressure relieved some of her back pain, "Thank you." She murmured, smiling at him in the time between the contractions. "Sounds good," she said as the blonde squeezed her eyes shut at another pain. Feeling a popping sensation followed by the feeling of wetness, Yena realized that her waters had broken, confirming her fears and causing her whole frame to start shaking again. "I have to contact the parents of all my piano students.. Lessons have to be cancelled tomorrow.." Yena realized, turning back to Andrew, "Do you think you could grab my hospital bag? It's right beside my bed.." Feeling another pain, she bit down on the inside of her mouth, hating every moment of it.

Hearing the ambulance pull up and the door open, a wheel chair was brought in. The paramedic helped the young woman into the ambulance, "we're going to be there soon, hang in there." One of the paramedics told her comfortingly. Large blue eyes swimming in fear, "Andrew?" Holding onto Andrew's hand, "please don't go."

As promised, they arrived at the hospital pretty quickly, and Yena was able to be wheeled into a room where she was helped onto a bed after changing into a hospital gown. The midwife instructed Yena to lie back before checking how far dilated she was, "four centimeters, and your waters have broken?" Nodding in answer, the midwife smiled. "You might want to walk around a bit. That will help speed up the process. Also, your baby was in the wrong position, yes? If you get an epidural, the chances of the baby rotating into the correct position will be slim, so try your best not to get one.. If the pain becomes unbearable, we can give you sterile water injections first and see how that holds up and then talk about any other painkillers, alright honey?"

"Yes, thank you." Yena murmured before squeezing her eyes closed again.

"Then I'll leave you guys alone.. If you need anything, just call any of the midwives over, alright?"

Getting up from the bed as soon as the contraction lifted, "Do you want to walk with me, Andrew? Sorry your lunch got interrupted like this."

Andrew dashed inside Yena's room and grabbed the hospital bag that was next to the bed, before going back to his friend's side. Just when he got to Yena, someone began knocking on their door. The paramedics had arrived, and he quickly went to the door to let them in.

"Trust me," Andrew replied, before following the paramedics to the hospital. When they arrived however, Andrew was escorted to the waiting room since they had to get Yena prepared. Although it only took around twenty minutes, it seriously felt like five hours for Andrew. Obviously, he was extremely worried for Yena, as it was not only a special time for her, but it was also an extremely dangerous and almost life-threatening time. Even he began to shake in fear as well. Nevertheless, a nurse came up to him and said that he could visit Yena right now and was then taken to where his friend was resting.

"Don't worry about that," Andrew pulled out a chair and placed it next to Yena, before sitting on it. "I obviously didn't expect that to come by so soon...But sure let's go on a walk."

Carefully, he helped Yena up from the bed and later assisted her so that she could walk somewhat comfortably. "Where do you want to go though?" Andrew asked, as they slowly walked down the white hallway. "Or do you just want to stroll around aimlessly?"

Status
Not open for further replies.