Old American West

She shook her head. "Nein Herr Ethan, you did not ask my name. It's Ulrika (uhl-rik-uh for referance). She tipped her hat at him.

"Ul-Ulrika? That's a new name to me." Ethan had trouble pronouncing it. "Well welcome to LockBridge, I'll try my best to be in ear shot should you need something. If not just look for my father." Ethan smiled and turned to Delilah. "How are you on this fine day Delilah, he also greeted her father who was sitting on the porch of the shop.

"Danke Herr Ethan. I'll keep that in mind." She nodded. She went back to watching the shadowy stranger and started to follow them while staying on the wooden porches of the shops and houses.

Seemed this town had more going for it than it had looked from afar. The camels were an intriguing sight, and she fought the urge to approach them. What did they feel like? They sure did emit strange sounds. With Risky tied safely to the front of the saloon and gulping down water, Colt was going to do the same. She placed her gloved hand on her hips and walked in, doors swinging violently from her entrance. She glanced around, hand at the ready to draw if she needed to, sizing up the pub before taking a seat. The bartender greeted her as he would a man, knowing no better. She nodded in the direction of a bottle of moonshine. She nearly chugged down the first glass--it burned all the way down and she breathed in deep. 'That's the stuff.'
She only had a quarter of her drink left and kept an eye on her surroundings. It was in the middle of the day, so it was fairly quiet. She had felt eyes on her since she had entered the town, but here in the pub the feeling was gone.

Jeremiah had his hands full as he examined the camel so that he could add it to his vast amounts of knowledge and notes, he took out a small pad and scribbled down quickly and almost illegibly things that had caught his analytic eye about the camel. As soon as he found nothing else that interested him he slipped the newly filled pad into the back of his pocket.

He turned to head back towards the shop for his parts when he felt his throat both rough and irritated. The shop was slowly getting busy and it would be awhile before he could actually get to the counter so he decided to head over onto the LockBridge's pub still somewhat close to his location.

He pushed through the doors, somewhat carelessly leaving the doors swing in momentum for a little while after he entered the pub. The atmosphere reeked of alchol and booze but then again that wasn't really surprising at the very least. Jeremiah strode over to one of the stools, his black boots clicking with every step against the wooden floorings. He took the stool next to another figure that seemed to keep to itself, before calling the bartender over.

"Glass of water would be much obliged, my friend." Jeremiah requested, glancing at the figure next to him curiously before turning back away from him.

Ulrika peeked in through the window at the shadowy figure. She then walked in and sat at one of the chairs in the back, out of the way, but could see the figure clearly and stared at it.

The hollow thud of boots had caught her attention as soon as the man entered the saloon. Colt was careful to sip her booze without moving the scarf too far down her face. Her long hair was tucked up into her black cowboy hat, hands still gloved, her disguise was perfect. She thought it odd the man ordered water, but then again, not everyone drank in the middle of the day. She pondered what all supplies she was out of. 'Better ask 'round first…'
She turned to the water-drinker and in an androgynous voice asked from behind her scarf, "Where do you go for the best deals on food and supplies in this here town?"

Ulrika just stared at the stranger. She didn't hear what they said but figured it was random smalltalk. She folded her arms across her chest, just watching the stranger. Just... watching.

Jeremiah was sipping on the icy cold crystal water, letting it pour down his dry patchy throat, soothing the rather annoying, parasitic feeling that had latched onto him for the past hour. The stream that slowly healed his throat came to a stop as the enigmatic figure turned to speak to him.

"Food and such?" Jeremiah repeated as he pondered on the answer of the, what seemed to be man's question. The answer came to him and he opened his mouth to continue only to notice a couple of small strands of hair that managed to escape the grasp of his black hat. But he dismissed it as most men lately never have the time of day to head on to the barber, even his own ginger colored hair was growing at large.

"Well, there be a convenience store just down the street from this here pub, if that's what your looking for my friend." Jeremiah continued, before turning to take a sip from his cold glass of water.

This bit Ulrika heard, she stood up and walked outside. She leaned against the wall next to the door, slightly tipping her head toward the door so she could still listen.

Out of the corner of her eye, Colt had watched the man sip his cold water and then nodded after he gave directions. She swallowed down the rest of her drink and paid her tab, not making saying a single word. She wouldn't be able to keep up with the gruff voice for very long. With that she tipped her black hat down and wandered out of the pub. The booze her hit empty stomach a little and she shook her head, releasing a soft, "Whew.." Exiting the the saloon, she took note of a raven-haired girl leaning against the wall. The place seemed to be filled with an assortment of people.

Ulrika watched the figure walk out. "Guten tag." She paused and pulled her black bandana down. "Fraulein." She smiled as she could see through her disguise, she's definately seen better ones in her time.

At first Colt hadn't realized the girl was talking to her, as the words that came from the raven's mouth were strange and of tongue she'd never heard before. She repeated the odd term, "Guten tag", under her breath when she noticed there was no else the lady could have been talking to. She slightly turned her head, eyes peering out from her bandanna. The smile and look in the raven-haired's eyes caught Colt off guard--it was as though the other woman wasn't fooled.

In a low voice she asked, "Ya talkin' ta' me?"

"Ja, indeed I am." Ulrika pushed herself off of the wall and stood face to face with the disguised girl. "Since you like to hide yourself I'll be nice and keep this quiet." She said and leaned in. "Your disguise may fool Amerikans, but if you've been to France, you'll know that men and vomen can make zemselves quite convincing to be sie opposite sex. Vhat I'm trying to say is.. I can tell you are a voman." She spoke softly so no one would hear.

The girl's accent was strange. Colt had never heard it before, and when she mentioned Colt's disguise, her heart skipped a beat. France, huh? The girl had been places. Travel and knowledge of the world was something Colt had never been raised with. She'd grown up on her own in the wild of the western desert. But in spite of the girl seeing through her disguise, she was intrigued. Seeing the world would have been fun. There were all kinds of wonders out there.

"Where ya from, girl?" she asked with a nod, voice still low, face still hidden.

Ulrika said proudly and without whisper. "I am from sie Deutschland, or as you Amerikans call it, Gerrrmany." She smiled and folded her arms across her chest. She returned to a whisper. "Vhat about you Fraulein? Vhere are you from?" Ulrika was optimistic and always in a happy tone.

'Germany...' That was familiar. Sadly, the gunslinger girl didn't know much about it. The desert of the west had always been her home, her world for that matter. Colt spread her arms wide, the dusty town painted as example. "Here, ma'am." She couldn't fight her intrigue, no matter how intimidated she felt. She wanted to know more. "Why, prey tell, are ya' here?"

Ulrika looked around at the dusty town. "Vell Fraulein, it's a long story. I'll tell you later mayhap." She returned her gaze to the girl. "Why do you disguise yourself as a man? If it is not too much to ask." Ulrika asked calmly.