Old Account

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jester

Original poster
Okay. So I was on this site in 2011-2014 or something and then went on a hiatus I think for a year. When I went to log back in, I noticed my account didn't work. My username didn't appear while searching for users, and at the time, I couldn't check my friend Cerluean's account to way back in my comments if I'd changed my name and was simply typing it wrong. The reason I couldn't check was because I had to have an account here, and at the time (and I don't know why I can now) I could not make an account here. The community was closed off.

Until I checked today, I've been shut out of Iwaku for almost a year and a half. :| I have no idea what happened or why, but this account is now gone. It was the same name as this, and you can see it here in my old comments to him here: (Also hi if you're reading this Cer!)

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/members/cerulean.1034/?page=11

I don't know what happened, site cleanout, username purge whatever, but I'd like either my old account back, or have that one and this one merged now so I can RP again. .x Thank you!

IIRC accounts get deleted after a certain amount of inactivity. So I'm not sure if you'd even be able to get it back. :S I'm not an admin though so I couldn't say for sure, but from my old days admining forums, that was how things worked.

I didn't know accounts here got deleted after inactivity cuz I'd taken a couple months hiatus at a time before in the past with no problem... if that's the case, that's fine. I was just wondering if it could be merged if it was in existence still somewhere in the database.

Kinda sad now I lost all the old threads I'd had, but oh well. .v

Yeah I think they only delete them after a year+ of not logging in. Your old RPs should probably still be in thread archives, though! You'd just have to look for them manually instead of being able to check in your posting history.

Yeah, old accounts get purged after a year of inactivity, and for a time Iwaku was invite only due to being understaffed and receiving too much activity.

Okeedoke so it was deleted from my hiatus, at least I know that now! Thanks guys!
Also I had no idea it was understaffed, I'm glad it's open back up now so that I could reclaim my username. I'm actually surprised this wasn't grabbed in a year and a half or so, lolz.

Whelp. Time to go set up my profile again and start fresh~

Status
Not open for further replies.