Ok.

• Thread starter Delusional IIV Idol
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Delusional IIV Idol

Original poster
So roleplays are going rather fantastic right now, I have so many roleplays I can hardly keep up with them which is amazing but they always end with the same stereotypical role or plot. Oh I play the female role so let's do a dominant x submissive roleplay where your character has to rescue mine because mine is to shy and too weak to do anything on my own, or please please please take advantage of me. And then for plots, let's have a princess and a prince and someone comes and tries to kidnap the princess and then the prince rescues her and they automatically fall in love. Eh, it's not that I'm complaining I'm fine with it sometimes but doing the same boring plot all the time is just...seriously.

Expectations and diversity are good, so push the envelope a bit!

If you want to do something, then tell your partner that's what you want to do. If you keep agreeing to monotonous plots, then you can't really expect much else out of it and that sounds like a quick path to burnout. It's totally okay to require more from a partner than just doing whatever plot they want every time. If you want to do something and a particular partner wants to play the same old-same old, it's perfectly acceptable to decline the RP. Just let them know it's not what you're looking for and find someone willing to plot with you and develop something that is mutually enjoyable.

Like @DinoFeather said, if you don't like the way a plot is going change it. Liven it up. You're the one in control of your characters. So if you think they're cookie cutter then nobody is responsible for that except you. Also, be careful where you announce things like this. As this is a public thread many people may get their feelings hurt that their roleplays with you are boring you. Just a suggestion.

• Useful
Reactions: Hana and Adelaide
Status
Not open for further replies.