Ok, so are you as sad as the Porg?

MTG, more confusing than YuGiOh? If we lived in the same part of the world, Porg, maybe you could get me into it.

Yup that's another complaint I heard from the local YGO players. The B&R list is just the B list and the R&D department is non-existent. Magic comes out once in awhile with a combo that's cool and can win games but at the very least counter decks can deal with them as well as the aggros. In YGO if a combo comes up you got to make sure you've already defeated it. Also I remember back when Pot of Greed was an ok 3-of in any deck. Next thing I know it is banned. The very least YGO could do is make different formats like Legacy/Vintage/2.0 to please everyone who owns these cards. When you get down to the most non-restrictive MTG format the only things banned are things that require ante to work. Vintage has cards that draw 3 for the price of a single mana I mean that's even better than the Pot of Greed in YGO and it is only Restricted.

But enough about me ranting about how a fat guy who gets beat by any card combo and decides to ban several parts of said combo from tournaments. When it comes down to it I'll find a way to do indirect damage the best I can. Sure people can have powerful creatures like Maha Vailo with 3 Axe of Despairs and 2 Horn of Unicorn but I'd much rather do 8k points of damage with things like Ookazi or cards that say "Whenever a creature attacks the controller loses 500 life points." Causing serioius doubt into whether or not people can use their main method of doing damage is what I love to do and what keeps me alive for the most part. Sometimes the bluff works sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it isn't a bluff. That uncertainty covers my ass for the 40% times I really don't have enough advantage to win.

Thanks Porg, I'd like to see a few deck lists. Perhaps a data base too would be friendly. MTG has Essentialmagic where I store all my decks and search for cards.

You want a burn deck my friend XD

To be fair YuGiOh does have 'Tradtional formet' which is basically where banned cards aren't banned.. So for cheaters and powerplayers =B

There's YuGiOh.wikia.com and also YuGiOh.tcgplayer.com too.. the wiki is good for cards but the tcgplayer has cards too as well as deck lists people have made.

Actually I don't buy the actual cards anymore, I just play the video games, seeing as they got wi-fi so you can play online. Much better that way, you don't have to buy them, saves a lot of money.. :P Although the games will always be behind the actual card game. Eh but WC 2010 at least has most of the more interesting new cards, like the Earthbound Gods and stuff. It also lets you download ban lists so you can stay up to date with changes in the game rather easily.

Yeah I'm playing that game too, it's quite good..

Problem is I wanted to play it to try out some decks and things.. but you have to work so much to get enough of the good archetypes.. I have beaten the game and am only now starting to unlock some of the packs I need. You don't seem to get any of the good archetypes till very late in the game and I have so many people to beat to get close to any of the plans I had..

Plus half of my favourite cards *cough*JunkWarrior*cough* can only be got once unless you get really lucky in the special very-hard-to-unlock pack where you can get any card..

Pretty good game though..

I once dueled a 40 year old man at one of those tournaments. I beat him, so I lol'ed when he lost.

I have two decks, haven't played in years though

Yeah but it does make sense why the good archetypes are saved for the end, you have to work for them. If you had them early on, it might make the game a tad easy. Already wasn't that hard of a game seeing as you can still get things like Jinzo, United We Stand, Injection Fairy Lilly rather easily.

The daily wi-fi card downloads also help, there are some awesome cards on there sometimes. They had one of the original god cards up for download at the end of May. I got Junk Archer and a bunch of support cards from it earlier in the month too, I don't even have the pack that has them in it yet.

I have to agree with it being kinda hard to get the cards you want. Still can't get Honest even though it's the last card I need for one of the packs. It was good of them to make the D-wheel races so easy though, I find that's a good way to get lots of DP faster than just dueling all the time.

Mmmm Junk Archer.. Got him in my real deck.. (it's half Junk) I don't have access to the wifi network here annoyingly.. but still.. it is a good game.. it's just I went through the entire game basically using slightly modded structure decks because they were the only cohesion in cards i could get.. which was annoying..

Also on a side note.. I found ALL my old Pokemon cards today >D mmm delicious shineys. Some of them are in hideously good condition considering they've been in a dusty attic for 5+years..

Nerds of the world...UNITE! Dice on the left, cards on the right, dragons down the middle, now go pick a fight!

Goddamnit, I always come to these boards here too late...

Well, from where I am from, YGO is the addiction of choice for most asian nerds. I was fairly caught up with the game until about 4 months ago, two booster sets back, but I still am kind of up to date on the ban list and the metas and anti meta. Hell, I have four slightly up to date middle tier decks on hand and can built a proxy deck if you allow it. My on hand decks are Morphtronic-Power tool, Fortune ladies-D. Smorgh shut down, Gigavise, and some random shit I threw together. My sister also plays with a Crystal Beast-Rescue Cat Sychron deck. I am not going to spend anymore money on goddamn things, but I am still willing to look up new cards and boosters to build proxies.

*Sighs as a tumble weed blows by* Man... Too late...

I've beaten a large majority of tournament decks: Monarchs, Burn, Inferno, Uria/Raviel/Hamahn, Exodia (A real pain in the butt >_<), Ancient Gears when they were half of a threat....The days....

And Porg, I can pull the 1-hit KO in a variety of ways, though my favorite is this...

Batteryman Micro-Cell face down, one face down spell, 1 card in my hand.Either they attack, or it gets flipped my turn. Either way, the flip effect lets me play one Batteryman with 1000 Attack or less from my deck or hand.
I choose AA
I chain it with Inferno Reckless Summon, and summon two more from my hand, deck, or graveyard, and they do the same for one of their monsters. Then, on my turn...
Short Circuit. So long as I have at least 3 Batterymen, I blow up everything on their field AT THE SAME TIME. Meaning there isn't much room for chaining there. Then they get hit for 9,000.
I know that move can be countered, and you'll say that's IF I get the right cards....Trust me, there are about 26 opportunities out of 42 to pull that move.
Second, I know it seems cheap, but think about this: Few people use Batterymen. Even fewer use them effectively. I'm one of those people. I practiced, and I know what to do, and when.
Sure, I'll go find my deck.

We need to hold dules over skype or something...

Hmm ok.. so anyone interested in a group for uh.. children's card games? >>

*Summons Undead Chihuahua to attack the facedown Porg.*

This counts as table-top stuff?

I guess it does..

I should probably pay attention to that group I guess.. I am in it already.. just assumed it didn't want people clogging it up with all the card talks..

General list of thigns approve: Card games, mini's, PnP RPGs, etc. Basically, if it's found at GenCon, it's allowed.

ANd about it being a 'childrens'' card game: In Japan, it's as big as Magic is over here. And so long as it has a World Championships I personaly won't call it a kid's game. Just because a lot of kids play it doesn't mean it's a kids' game.

MTG's still waaay better, though.

I call it a children's card game as a joke.. as it is perceived as such in most western environments. Personally I'm surprised kids can play it sometimes, i mean some of the ruling are so stupid and complex..

Also I guess i'll take your word for magic being better.. I guess the allure of the game must have not graced me.