1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy. Always some kind of non-human involved. (Such a vampires, succubi, incubi, etc.)

Hey all, welcome back to day 6 of 'XIII attempts a 30 day discussion, part 9000.' So nice of you to join me!

Today's discussion is about food. What is your favorite kind of food? And how good are you at cooking? What's your favorite recipe? Bonus points if you can provide your favorite recipe!

I personally absolutely love to cook. Baking, cooking, everything; I can whip up a mean anything with almost nothing. But I think my favorite kind of foods to cook is pasta dishes, or maybe sonoran dogs. My absolute favorite kind of food to eat is Mexican; I could eat a good carne asada burrito every day for the rest of my life.

Here is a recipe for sonoran dogs (trust me when I say they're absolutely delicious. My family loves them so much.)
4 large bolillo rolls, if you can't find them, use fluffy hot dog buns
4 large all-beef hot dogs
4 slices thin bacon
½ large white or yellow onion sliced thinly
1 roma tomato chopped into small cubes
Mayonnaise
Chiles Toreados
raw onions (chopped)
whole pinto beans.

INSTRUCTIONS
Start placing the edge of the bacon on the top of the hot dog and wrap it by overlapping the bacon while going down. This will keep the bacon from opening while you cook it.

At the bottom of the hot dog, using your finger, tuck in the end of the bacon inside of the bacon itself to secure that edge. If this fails, then you can secure it with a toothpick until you get better at this.
Cook the onions and hot dogs in a large skillet. Keep rotating the hot dogs until all sides are evenly crispy.
Right before assembling the hot dog, steam the bun by loosely wrapping them in paper towels (or large ziplock bag) and microwave them for about 7 to 10 seconds. Just enough to get them soft & warm. If you found the bolillo rolls, cut it along the top.
Place the hot dog in the bun.
Add about 1 tablespoon of cooked or raw onions.
Add a scoop of cooked pinto beans.
Add about 2 tablespoons of chopped tomato.
Spread some mayonnaise over the tomatoes.

If you like avocado, or guacamole, you can make some 'runny' guac as my family calls it.
You just need to blend a couple of avocados, lime juice, salt, onion, and water together. Make sure it's runny enough to pour on top of it.

So, what about you all? What's your favorite recipe?

I like pizza best. I can cook so long as there's a recipie. I'm learning and I like cooking for people. However.....my favorite recipe is........... Poor Man's Fudge. Or Skillet Fudge as we call it. I can provide the info since it's not a secret.

You will need a cast iron skillet however and I find it easier to make on a gas stove.
First coat a glass plate with butter, this is gonna be your form. You can use whatever but we always used to make it in a plate.

2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
"some" cocoa powder.
Bring this to soft ball stage in candy making (to test, have a bowl of ice water, drop a bit in, if it holds its shape and is soft to the touch you're done)
Take off the heat and add some butter, and a glob of peanut butter along with a dash of vanilla extract.
Stir and don't stop until it starts to set around the edges.
Pour into plate or container and let cool.
You should end up with a hard fudge. But if it doesn't turn out it should still be tasty! Even without setting it's very very tasty.

There is an episode of Futurama where Bender enters a cooking show competition. Morbo, one of the judges, commented on Bender's food: "The challenger's ugly food has shown us...that even hideous things can be sweet on the inside." That's pretty much my cooking style. The things I make are visually not-impressive or just ugly, but the taste and the love are there. Gordon Ramsay would shame me for all the things I cook, probably, but family and friends enjoy, so that's what matters.

That said, I don't always like to cook. When the mood strikes me, I love to do it, but mostly I find it tiring and time-consuming. I have a lot of trouble already with my appetite and eating because I have an eating disorder. Cooking helped me to combat the disorder over the years but I didn't develop a pure love for cooking like I had hoped, haha.

My favorite thing to make is Soups. I find it fun to just throw stuff into a pot of flavorful liquid and see what happens. Husband's favorite soup that I make is called Cheeseburger Soup. I quite love it, too. It's extra nice when you have some bread to dip in it. Baking is fun, too, when I have the energy for it! I have some very basic cake decorating skills that can add a little magic to cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and what more. I like decorating a lot more than actual baking, though. I take it so hard if a cake or a batch of cookies don't turn out the way they're supposed to. 'Cause then you gotta start all over. ;[ With decorating, if I mess up, it's oftentimes fixable.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE COOKING but since 2021 I have not had the physical and mental stamina to do it with gusto like I did before. ;_; And then I had covid back in January and everything now tastes different, so I've been having an even harder time with food. So I am trying to adapt my pantry and my cooking to easier things so I can make sure people get *fed*.

The go-tos are usually white people tacos (cause dad and the kids dont like the "fancy" tacos), spaghetti, kielbasa, baked chicken, and meatloaf. with various quickies like chikky nugs, fish sticks and tater tots =_= They are safe meals that always taste like they "should".

My personal favorite dinner is Broccoli chicken casserole (apparently called "Chicken Divan"?), but the way my mom made it with the 50s style "everything from a can". XD canned cream of chicken, etc etc. It is a comfort food.

My husband's favorite is FAJITAS of which I had not done very often lately because I'm hesitant to buy fresh produce due to my brain not wanting to cook. D: and frozen (from the store) peppers just arent great for fajitas.

• Love
Reactions: XIII
@Diana
My husband has a killer broccoli chicken casserole recipe with a finadeni <sp?> sauce that goes with it. It's honestly one of the best things I have ever eaten. He and his mom call each other every few months for it, because they take turns losing the recipe. Hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Diana