Oh the wrath

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
You idiots have finally made me vow to never see a movie in the theatres again. Is this a petty thing to get angry about? Very, but I've had a rather stressful fucking couple of months and this kind of hit the bird off of the tree.
J8sv_S.gif

I spent my last money to go see a movie, one I have been looking forward to watching for a very long time. I paid $10.75 to see this, for some people that's not a lot of money but for someone like me who watches everything he spends because he needs almost every penny, this was a big thing. I actually got to see two movies this month, paid all my bills and managed to get everything I needed. And I find out that I have enough to see that movie I'd been wanting to. So I get off work early and go see it.

These people walk in behind me and are talking through the trailers, which to me is fine, they'll probably shut up during the movie.

They did not. No, these assholes talked during the whole thing, ran up and down the stairs, the usher couldn't even get them to shut up. And I couldn't even pay enough attention to the movie to know what was going on because they fucking ruined it for me by their damned commentary. I fucking hate people, and no matter how many times people around them asked them to be quiet they would hear none of it an went on talking.

What, did we go to the theatre to hear you talk? No, we wanted to watch our god damned movie! But guess what? You pricks ruined it! Do you know how that feels to lose that much money? Spending it would have been worth it if I could actually enjoy the movie.

This is a petty thing to get angry about I know, but I've just had it. I've been a ball of nerves for a while now because I am being brought through EMDR, and dealing with outside problems (and some really good things, just a bit overwhelming), and my wits are really at the end. So, I will not be returning to see public movies because people always ruin this shite for me by talking over the movie.

Iwillendyou.gif

Write a mad, mad, angry letter to management talking about your horrid experience. Hopefully you get free ticket coupons.

That said, I'm like you. I love the theater, period, but especially the movies. And nothing is more infuriating than having other patrons that don't respect the show or the audience. People who talk and talk and talk, or bring their brats with them and allow them to just run around and scream and play during the show, or people who buy $80 of junk food and crunch and munch as loudly as they possibly can. It's just... Infuriating!

Something that I've done is look for alternate theater. I don't hit Regals or AMCs hardly ever anymore. I find smaller places, or joints that are out of the way. There's a place called Studio Movie Grill that's catered towards adults: full bar, restaurant, the works, and they tell people to shut the fuck up or they're getting kicked out without a refund. It's absolutely glorious, and more places like that are springing up. Try and find one like that in your area!

I would have tore into management and demanded my moneyback . It's their job to make sure everyone gets the opportunity enjoy the movie. It was their responsibility to kick those idiots out.

• Useful
Reactions: Kagayours
Wow, I don't blame you at all for being angry... I would have been too! I agree with complaining to management. It might seem like a petty issue, but when you pay for something, you should get it damn it! Anything that falls short is like getting scammed, no matter how little or insignificant. Honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised if other people contemplated complaining too.

It makes me question the integrity of those who would even act like that in a theater anyway... I'll never be able to understand some people... XD But you have every reason to be mad. I hope things get better and less stressful for you though!~

Status
Not open for further replies.