Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
On fairly regularly, every day. I'll notice a PM almost immediately. Replies come randomly.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. No Preferences
Genres
High fantasy is my personal favorite, followed closely by modern fantasy and post-apocalyptic, but I can happily play in any genre if the plot is good enough.

• I think it's been a little over a month since I put out my last interest check, and I've been batting somewhere in the range of 1 hit for every 10 attempted roleplays? Not great odds, haha. But! That means it's time for me to take another shot at finding roleplays for my current latest interest. :)

As you may have been able to guess from the title, I'm looking for a HORROR roleplay.

However!

I am looking for a very specific tone within that genre.

I'm looking for a story where our characters are uniquely suited to the environment they're in, and aren't actually in any danger.

I guess you could interpret this by saying that I want a roleplay with all the themes and environments of horror, without having to actually deal with the psychological impact it would have on normal human beings.

Whether our characters are safe because they have the skills, tools, or abilities to overcome the situation, or they're actually on the side of the bad guys, or whatever, I don't care. If you have a plot in mind that fits that concept, throw it my way. If you don't, but are interested in the idea, I've got a few potential plots I'd be happy to play around with in later tabs.

Note that in all the suggested plots, character B is my preference.

If you're interested in writing together, send me a PM and we can get to plotting! Just as a heads up, though, if I can't find any of your writing on the site, I'll probably ask for a sample. :)

• Just some quick information to give you a sense of this stranger on the internet you might be spending some time with. :)
    • Over 21 years of age.
    • Adept to advanced writer. I've been on Iwaku for 6 and a half years, so lots of writing experience.
    • Avid worldbuilder. I love exotic fantasy worlds not rooted in traditional western fantasy.
    • Ditch friendly. Life is hard. I'd appreciate a message, but if you need to leave, feel free to take off. I'll message you a couple times, and then wait. Feel free to wander back whenever.
    • Flexible writer, length wise. I can go anywhere between 100 and 1000 words, so long as the post moves the plot forward.
    • Plays main characters of all genders and orientations.
    • Plays multiple main characters and/or NPCs as needed.
    • Romance flexible. Happy to include it in stories, happy to leave it out. Fine with MxM, FxF, MxF, nBxanything.
    • Fade to black only, barring very, very rare, plot-based exceptions. Mostly, I don't do smut.
    • Currently replying every day or every other day. Can't guarantee that'll always be the case.
    • Patient. I get eager to plot and write, but if you need time I won't pester you.
    • Has Discord. I'd like to plot there, if you're down. If not, no worries.
    • Thread or chat writer. I don't like roleplaying in PMs.
    • Middle level social. Want to chat? I'm down. Want to stay focused on the story? That's fine.
    • Anything else you want to know? Just ask.

• I am very comfortable with the vast majority of subject matters for roleplays. However, just knowing my own interests and what I'll be able to keep the plot moving with, there are a few things I'm not going to be interested in writing.
    • Explicit rape. Throw this into the "fade to black only" requirement if you like, but I will not write explicit rape scenes. I'm fine with mentioning them happening if it's relevant for the plot, but that's it.
    • Our characters being enemies. I dislike having to find plot reasons to force our characters together when they both want nothing more than to have nothing to do with one another. Having one character forcing the other to stay (one-sided enemies) is fine, though.
    • The "yandere" archetype. Male or female, it's mentally destructive for both parties, and I don't enjoy seeing that kind of "love". I can deal with (playing, but not partnering against) a love interest that is possessive and overbearing, but not to the point that it becomes harmful to their significant other.
    • Gluttony horror. This is the only one that's an irrational hard no. Extreme, illogical, harmful consumption of any form will have me nope-ing out of the roleplay faster than a speeding bullet. If you're worried something's going to cross a line, just check in first please?
      • Note that if it's rational but harmful, voluntary on the part of the character, I'm fine with it on a case by case basis.
      • Or if it's irrational but beneficial, I'll also probably be fine with it. I typically enjoy "predation" style tropes.
      • Also, things like zombies craving brains doesn't bother me in the least, because it's not that far off from normal biological need stuff. Likewise, super powerful characters having to eat a lot to meet energy requirements, biological need = fine.
    If it's not on that list, I'm either fine with it, or just haven't thought about it. XD

Likewise, I promise I will respect any limits or disinterests on your part. We're supposed to be having fun with this, not crossing lines.

• (This may or may not be the plot that first inspired me to write this interest check. If you're interested, I'm really down for writing this!)

Character A is spirited away by an unknown force, brought into endless games of horror where players are forced to survive terrifying missions on the vague promise of one day being allowed to return to ordinary life. However, Character A's tutorial mission lands them squarely in the hands of Character B, a terrifying ghost boss who.... might not actually be as horrifying as they look???

'Surviving' surprisingly comfortably in the 'evil ghost's' manor, Character A and B develop a relationship over the course of the mission, until Character A is torn away from the instance by the completion of their mission. Saddened by their separation and hoping to find a way back, Character A enters their next mission, only to find that... the horrifying monsters don't seem to be behaving quite right around them. And the BOSS of the instance seems to be behaving in a manner that's awfully reminiscent of Character B...

• When it is time for the universe to come to an end, a being is chosen. A being designed to consume the endless realms, and bring about the true end of the universe.

Characters A and B both had tragic lives. However, they met each other, fell in love, and slowly overcame their traumatic pasts together. Now happily married, the two of them are prepared to live the rest of their lives in peace and comfort.

That all changes when Character B wakes up surrounded by dark energy, which burrows inside them. A power which urges them to kill and destroy, and only grows stronger over time. With Character A as his last bastion of sanity, will Character A be able to help keep Character B safe and sane, and prevent the end of the universe?

• When mages learned how to summon elementals, it quickly became the ultimate form of magic in the world. Under the guidance of a summoner, elementals were capable of anything, able to handle industry of all sorts.

The world bloomed under the guidance of summoners, and Character A was a well known summoner, skilled in their occupation. However, their research takes a sudden turn for the worse when their research leads them to summon Character B, an ultimate being among the elementals, a true demon god. Unable to fully control their new summon, Character A is left flabbergasted in an attempt to regain control of the situation. Character B, on the other hand, is determined to regain the freedom of all its former worshipers, while also repaying Character A out of gratitude for summoning them.

• Character A is your ordinary, everyday human, living an ordinary, everyday life. That is, however, until a spacial crack swallows them up, and sends them to a fantasy world full of swords and sorcery. However, it doesn't take long for them to learn that they've been summoned, alongside countless otherworlders, to become meat shields out on the front lines, as this fantasy world is under invasion from horrifying monsters from the Dark World. The fantasy general warns the summoned fighters that, should their world fall, the Dark Invasion would spread to their home worlds next.

Left for dead on the battlefield after a horrifying loss, Character A is not murdered by the roaming monsters. Instead, they, (along with a few other survivors) are brought back to the headquarters of the Dark Invasion, where a terrifying but surprisingly harmless representative (Cherecter B) aims to show them that the situation might not be all that meets the eye.

• Character B, a member of the Dark Invasion, is sent undercover into the fantasy territory to attempt to gather intel against their foes, and prepare to sabotage them at a critical moment. However, a moment of irrationality leads Character B to expose their position to Character A, their squad leader/general, when the squad's attack goes wrong and everyone is at death's door.

Now at Character A's mercy, Character B can only wait and see whether their fate is death, or if Character A might have more in store for them.

• After the apocalypse, the air was filled with the Taint, a mysterious illness that rots the flesh and poisons the blood. Only rare bastions are able to filter the air sufficiently for people to live safely.

Character A is a hardened survivor, doing what they can in this difficult world. However, during an outing, Character A meets Character B, someone who is unexpectedly untouched by the Taint. Bringing Character B back to safety, Character A learns that Character B is an immortal, someone who's flesh and blood can cure others of the Taint. Character A sees this as the perfect opportunity to use Character B to build up power through a cultish organization. Much to Character A's surprise, when Character B learns of this plan, they not only don't disagree with it, but wholeheartedly promise to participate.

• Character A grew up wanting to be an adventurer, but was raised on tales of the horrible things out in the world that went bump in the night. However, after growing up, Character A dismissed these stories as mere legend. Now a competent adventurer, Character A accepts a mission to find a beast that has been slaughtering livestock near a small village. However, everything goes wrong when the first day of their mission sees Character A's party slaughtered, and they themselves dragged away deep into the woods by Character B.

A monster in human skin, Character B is a parasitic immortal who relies on the lives of other things to survive day by day. However, a mistake in a hunt led to the royalty discovering their existence, and sending wave after wave of hunters to bring about their death. Now, Character B is determined to turn the situation around by raising up allies. However, he never expected to run into the little kid they once told horror stories to, Character A.

• Nothing really catch your fancy? Here's a few broad topics that might help spark your imagination.
    • Friends with monsters
    • Immortality, or something eerily similar
    • Nightmares becoming real
    • Survival games
    • Dangerous superpowers
    • Dark cults and evil gods