4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Magical, Romance, Dystopian, Religious, Post-Apocalyptic, Zombies (but the plot has to consist of more than just mindlessly murdering the undead), Steampunk
I am an avid reader as I'm relatively sure many more of you are. A lot of the books I read are quick, silly things that I read solely to pass the time. But in my travels through the pages I often find myself emotionally reacting to the story. Sometimes it may just be tearing up at a particularly emotional part, other times I found myself not wanting to start another book for quite a while after finishing one because I was upset that it was done.

Some of the first titles that pop into mind are

The Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Cavanan
Out of the Darkness by Eric Shelman
Newsoul Trilogy by Jodi Meadows

What are some of the titles that hit you in the feels?

• Love
Reactions: F0X
Surprisingly, The Talisman by Stephen King. Anyone who's read it will know exactly what I am talking about.

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
Surprisingly, The Talisman by Stephen King. Anyone who's read it will know exactly what I am talking about.
I haven't read that, but after reading the blurb thing I think I'm going to.

The Talisman and the Black House? ( forget if it's that or the Dark House) are damn good books. Powerful, emotional, very moving stuff.

I'm also a big fan of the Wheel of Time series because for me it has everything. Feels included.

@Seiji YOU REMEMBER WHEN THE ASHAMAN WERE ACCEPTED AND HERALDED AS HEROES AFTER THE LAST BATTLE?! HOW THE PEOPLE CALLED IT "THE TALENT" AND NOT "THE CURSE"? "The Black Tower protects... Always." ;___;

The Talisman and the Black House? ( forget if it's that or the Dark House) are damn good books. Powerful, emotional, very moving stuff.

I'm also a big fan of the Wheel of Time series because for me it has everything. Feels included.

@Seiji YOU REMEMBER WHEN THE ASHAMAN WERE ACCEPTED AND HERALDED AS HEROES AFTER THE LAST BATTLE?! HOW THE PEOPLE CALLED IT "THE TALENT" AND NOT "THE CURSE"? "The Black Tower protects... Always." ;___;

UGH.

YES.

"The Black Tower Protects!"

SO GOOD. So good...

Text books at some point make me cry >>

However, other books. . . YOU'LL NEVER KNOW D<

The Road.

Just no.

Black House. That has it's moments too. The Talisman though. That one was absolutely heartbreaking at times.

I'd add Harry Potter to the list, but I think those go without saying....

Armor by John Steakely.
It had one part that got me teary-eyed. But that was that particular scene rather than the whole story. Which felt pretty good.

House of Leaves was pretty good.

Feelings don't get drug into books very often. In fact, feelings don't get brought up into much of anything I do in my life save my wife.

It's a defensive mechanism.

Now time to read the Witcher books.

Reactions: Saint Allison
The House Of Night series by P.C. and Kristen Cast. I first read it in high school since the library had all of the books that were released at the time and I instantly fell in love with the series. The last book in the series I read was Burned and I didn't even finish that one :( I really gotta catch up on it!

Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

That book makes me cry for weeks! I just cant! >.<

Oh man does this book have an impact on me. I havent read it in 10 years but when I logged on and saw the title I got a little emotional. And it's been 10 years since I've read this book. 10 years.

Another favorite of mines is Black Beauty. It's different sort of sub genre than the one above but I love it so much. RIP Ginger ;A;

The Hate List by Jennifer Brown.

The Diary of Anne Frank.

I personally cannot read: Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

That book messed me up. I remember reading it in school, and not having the end really sink in until right before I fell asleep. I cried. I cried hard. Such messy sobbing ensued.

terabithia.png

Both the book and movie are painful v.v

I personally cannot read: Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

Read a summary and just..... Nope!

I think I needed to take a break from reading after "The Farming of Bones" by Edwidge Danticat(sp). It was a novel, written in beautiful powerful prose about the Haitian genocide that had this wonderful whisper of an ending.

So of course I read a novella(Song for Night by Chris Abani) about the ghost of a child soldier not realizing he's been dead for a significant amount of time.

Maybe I should seek cheerier books...

"Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Phillip K. Dick (It's the short story that inspired the movie Blade Runner!)

Something about people being kind to fake animals and AI (When society deems them trash), makes me feel a genuine hope for humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.